• Audino

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Florges

• Gardevoir

• Total voters
Hey all!
So, I was playing around with the team builder, putting different pokemon together and then testing out different strategies for quite a while, until I (by random chance perhaps) put a team together that was so absolutely overwhelming that I, a long time competitive battler (but not necessarily a very good one) was able to reach 1500 ranking on the AG ladder while barely even trying (I've never even gone past 1300 before this). Battle after battle I effortlessly defeated team after well put together team. After a few hours of this, to confirm it wasn't just random chance, I decided I'd better share this discovery. SO here it is, Team GAME = BROKEN.
Note: some revisions have been made prior to feedback obtained from the comments.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Waterfall

The Captain of the team, Mega Rayquaza's appearance here should be fairly obvious. It is the strongest pokemon in the this Meta-game, and the reason AG exists in the first place. It's raw wall-breaking strength is unmatched and this form of it is no exception. V-Create and Dragon ascent give it nice coverage. ESpeed is fro outrunning things like Darkrai or Deoxys, Greninja, and Arceus. Waterfall is used to fill the last slot to take care of Primal-Groudon and various other intrusive types weak or neutral to water.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Roar

Primal-Groudon is here to provide some bulky muscle, and take care of any Primal-Kyogre's that might show up. It's also here to set up Stealth rock and roar out any foes considering boosting their stats. It also checks a variety of threats and counters such as Xerneas and Lugia, and frightens away the little ones! It's best asset however is that massive defense stat, which helps it to break through a large variety of walls and sweepers without having to worry too much about fainting.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Reflect

Lugia is tankiest mofo you've ever laid eyes upon. The amount of damage this thing can take and stall at the same time is amazing. It provides team support in the form of Reflect and Toxic to stall better and take care of fairies. Dragon Tail over Whirlwind is a must here, as it is Lugia's only attacking move should you face up against types that resist Toxic (Good thing there aren't any poison/fairy type pokemon....yet). Strategy with Lugia is pretty straightforward: Set up Reflect, Roost, then Toxic, then heal again, then Dragon Tail, wash, rinse, repeat. I know some people prefer Substitute over Reflect, but I prefer Reflect as I find it supports the rest of my team a little better.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Transform

Ditto is one of my favorite pokemon to use. It does so many things better then almost any other pokemon. It's my ace in the hole, my main mon, my scout, support, revenge killer, and game turner all rolled up into one. The only thing it doesn't do well is tank hits, but there's plenty others in this team for that. It is usually my lead pokemon, although in the event of the opponent using smeargle, it's sometimes best to use Mega-Mewtwo-Y as a lead. Even if smeargle leads, Ditto can simply taunt it as most smeargle's carry taunt, or spore is an option, albeit slightly more risky should sleep wear off in one turn. Ditto's choice scarf makes sure that it is always faster then the opposition save for a few situations which can be avoided with good planning and prediction (switching in on a turn an opponent boosts, or someone running unburden/swift swim on a pokemon would be some of those situations). One of my favorite things to do with ditto is to stall opponents, until they reveal their sweeper, wait till it boosts, switch to an already weakened sacrificial pokemon, and then switch to ditto on the faint. Many people will often rage quit when faced with their own already boosted Geomancy Xerneas with Choice Scarf boost, ready to make the first strike then sweep the table :3
Oh Ditto, I love you <3
P.S. You'll notice the set I use maximises Speed over Defense (unlike the smogon set), and this is because the extremely rare struggle war between Ditto's is an occurrence not even worth taking into account as it can be easily circumvented. Remember to put Ditto's Att Iv's back up to 31 in the team builder as PS will automatically bring it down to 0.

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp

Replacing Mega Mewtwo Y we have EKiller Arceus with a bit of a twist to counter sleep inducers. Instead of a lifeorb we are running lum-berry to make sure we can't be ruined by darkrai or smeargle. The use of Will-o-wisp is to support the rest of the team should arceus be up against strong defensive walls with high attack, and cripple them in the process. The rest is pretty self explanatory as it's just a standard EKiller Arceus set.
The loss of taunt can for the most part be made up with with Ditto and clever prediction.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 156 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh/Reflect/Toxic/Will-o-Wisp

Finally, last, but certainly not least, we have the Almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster...or you can call it Arceus...anyways. Arceus-Steel completes the Bulky core of this team and duo's very strongly with Lugia, they each resist each others' weaknesses or are otherwise neutral to them. Arceus-Steel also provides critical Defog support and an effective way to take out or check fairies. The choice for the 4th move is pretty much up to you and doesn't make a huge bit of difference, although I will usually run Refresh or Reflect on this set, but the others work very well too. Now, the only thing that could make this pokemon better is If Arceus gets a Mega evolution (which I think many of us would very much enjoy, seeing as it's supposed to be God and all, you'd think it would be more powerful than Rayquaza.)

THREATS

These are the few threats this team truly faces, the biggest one probably being Lugia, as Mega Ray and Aegis can be taken out pretty easily by the other pokemon, or even my own Mega Rayquaza. Lugia however brings more of a challenge and can be the reason to choose Rock-Slide on Primal-Groudon(If you do this you will either have to give up solar beam to counter Primal Kyogre, or simply get rid of Precipice Blade, an iffy choice to say the least, as you also gotta consider the loss of Heatwave...). Darkrai is also a viable threat to this team and you gotta watch out for its Dark Void, even when you do have Ditto and Mewtwo around...Whatever you do, Do not under-estimate these 4 pokemon, they can wreck your whole team if you aren't careful!!

REPLAYS
Me vs. huyhieucompany
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-467816546

Me vs. Elena2001
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-467858031

Me vs. PokerAlpaka
Note: this was after making the change with mewtwo, and a few changes to rayquaza as well
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-468438449

Me vs. Remove ThunderWave
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-470890578

IMPORTABLE
Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Waterfall

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Roar

Lugia @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Reflect

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Transform

Arceus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp

Calm Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Sassy Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Lugia @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Reflect

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Transform

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

Calm Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

And that's it folks!
Feel free to use this team or improve upon it. If someone can find a better use for Mewtwo's slot then that would be much appreciated! Preferably something that can run Heal bell or Wish as well as taunt.
But most importantly, HAVE FUN!! :3

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I'll leave a quick rate, and grats on peaking.

As you said yourself, Mewtwo needs to be replaced. You at this point get destroyed by darkrai so I'd change it to a standard ekiller arceus, I'm on mobile so can't really copy spreads but it's max atk maxspeed timid with lum berry sd espeed eq toxic (uncommon but helps your team with lugia). Aegislash is pretty bad but this set deals with most variants too.

Change reflect to sub on lugia. It allows it to stay alive and sponge far more attacks, as well as avoid status. Also, tbqh, band ray fits better here than life orb, max atk max speed adamant let's it still tear shit up while not weakening itself. Dragon ascent vcreate espeed and waterfall for pdon let's it tear holes.

Cool team, gl peaking higher.

EDIT: yea choice band

Last edited:

As you said yourself, Mewtwo needs to be replaced. You at this point get destroyed by darkrai so I'd change it to a standard ekiller arceus, I'm on mobile so can't really copy spreads but it's max atk maxspeed timid with lum berry sd espeed eq toxic (uncommon but helps your team with lugia). Aegislash is pretty bad but this set deals with most variants too.

Change reflect to sub on lugia. It allows it to stay alive and sponge far more attacks, as well as avoid status. Also, tbqh, band ray fits better here than life orb, max atk max speed adamant let's it still tear shit up while not weakening itself. Dragon ascent vcreate espeed and waterfall for pdon let's it tear holes.

Hey Man, Thanks a lot for the input! I'm definitely guna swap out mewtwo for Arceus I think and see how that goes. Not sure what you mean by band ray, but I'm assuming you mean choice band?

Tried it out, and it worked like a charm :D
See for yourself: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-468438449

Decent team ig, ill rate it kek

• Replace Reflect with Sub on Lugia, probably works better although Reflect is fun to use.
  • If your ok with it, replace Arceus-Steel with Dual Screens Klefki ig. It still checks MRay, setting up reflect and switching into another mon to sack, then switching to Ditto to KO MRay without taking much damage and proceed to sweep the opponent's team. Klefki can b used to setup screens, allowing Arceus to set-up without much interference, giving it a higher chance to sweep a team or cripple it, at the cost of losing useful recovery, stats and ability to deal decent damage in the form of Judgement, thus Arceus-Steel may be a better choice, i haven't tested it yet doe, ig replacing Arceus-Steel with Klefki may work.
Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play
- Toxic / Thunder Wave

potato

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)