ORAS UU ONE FINAL EFFORT

Greetings, RMT Forum and players of UnderUsed. My name is Nightingales, that banned deucer from the UnderUsed room. I figure with my recent ban and a long time to leave again, I'm probably going to end up quitting. So why not top it off with one last parting gift to the world, one last RMT. I don't need to explain it much further than that, but I'm headed back out to basic soon enough so I'd rather get some more uptime on this team and fix things before I vanish off the face of Smogon for as long as it takes me to come up with a new way to do things.

Teambuilding was simple enough. Krookodile is brutal as always, providing plenty of damage and utility in Knock Off spam. With a Choice Band, it can spread plenty of damage around, even to resists. It also helped being able to Pursuit Trap some bigger threats, and provided a more or less immediate answer to Volt Switch spam. I decided to pair that with Nasty Plot Celebi, being able to break through a massive amount of Krookodile checks as well as pounding through Water and Poison types that plague the tier in general. Tentacruel, Suicune, and Swampert, all hunted down and mercilessly destroyed, and all can put the hurt on if I'm not playing smart enough.

Noticing a distinct weakness to Mega Beedrill at that point, I elected to go with a thing recommended by Kreme in an earlier RMT for a somewhat similar team, Bulky ChestoRest Gyarados. It gives me a check to a load of things and optimizing the set from last time, it hits 371 HP, and 180 speed Ivs allow it to barely outrun Adamant Honchkrow. The rest are put into Attack, which lets it hit as hard as possible without sacrificing any bulk.

Now I wanted a way to break through a load of things and still have a wincon vs stall teams. Lucario fit the bill almost perfectly. Nasty Plot is the best way to break through a plethora of walls and also destroy a good few offensive threats, also being a Toxic spam switch-in and way to beat poisons that isn't weak to Poison itself, thanks to the glory of Flash Cannon. Originally, this was Psychic and I had an infernape, but that's irrelevant.

From here, I wanted a way to get rid of hazards because the chip damage could get annoying with very few ways to reliably heal up from anything. Gyarados became my last resort and being worn down by rocks hurt it pretty bad in terms of being bulky, so my mind went to Crobat of all things. Mostly because it hits hard and is survivable enough to be able to defog things away in case of emergency. It also fits as an emergency Infernape check, since Nasty Plot can punch a lot of holes in the team and I needed to remedy that immediately.

Now we have a slight issue with Mega Aerodactyl, Mamoswine, no hazards, and GOD FORBID Shedinja. Easiest way to deal with a Shedinja is hazards, so what do we do to check all of the above? A Bronzong checks literally all of the above, while handling the issue of the other things to check and also a way to poison some things, while giving me a Sylveon check. I've gone between Heavy Slam and Gyro Ball a few times and I still can't decide.
And that settles that. From a teambuilding perspective, it's pretty easy to see what threats come up hardest, though against the rest the team is mostly secure. Even better, the team has a good few redundancies to cover some big threats, and check most depending on who is alive at the end of the game. With the redundancies built in even unintentionally, it makes short work of all kinds of teams.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Band Krookodile just blows through many, many things, having two very spammable moves and a third way to trap things, taking advantage of Volt Switch. It's easy to just click a move and do damage regardless of what I click, because I can just hammer something through. Knock Off and Earthquake are two very easy to click things, having nearly no safe switch in from both the moves. But if that wasn't enough, somebody might just try and Shuca Berry Steel this - that's where my baby Superpower comes in, smacking around the likes of Empoleon and even Cobalion. One second, something's there. The next, a hole in the ground ruins their lives.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Celebi, the bane of UU. Having so many sets makes it hard to reliably predict what it does, and having a way to break down cores alongside Krookodile makes it that much more threatening, setting up fairly easily and being able to hammer through a load of checks. Nasty Plot is the mandatory here, being able to set up on too many things in the tier and just ruin lives when used in conjunction with Krook. Being able to drain HP from things makes it all the more dangerous, since it can be difficult to actually kill without a Super Effective move. Psychic hits the things that resist Giga Drain, such as Arcanine, and can easily OHKO at +2, making it part of the mandatory three moves to run. The fourth I've been iffy on - I could run Dazzling Gleam, but I can't just recover immediately if I need to. Alternatively, I could run Recover, but then I lose out on hitting Hydreigon. Both have a use, and I go between them pretty often.

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 164 Atk / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Bounce

Gyarados will have a special place in my heart for being the thing that won me my first Pokemon Tournament that wasn't on Showdown. Of course, the set I used was far, far different than this one, but it was also Leafgreen in the glory days. This set, weird as it might look to some people, does a few cool things. First, it outruns Adamant Honchkrow and anything below it at neutral. Second, it outruns base 115s at +1, making it excellent to check the various fighting types in the tier, since none surpass that bar scarfers and the rare Meloetta-P. The third is make it surprisingly resilient, able to take many of the hits that are thrown at it and shrug them off fairly easily. Now, I could've gone for the max hp / max defense spread people like on things for some reason, but I decided that I would use this as a nice Endgame that can also be a mid-game wallbreaker, so instead of Leftovers, Chesto Berry and Rest make up my one-turn recovery and god help me if I get knocked off. Dragon Dance and Dual Stabs are fairly self-explanatory, though I have considered Earthquake.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave

Around this point, Lucario wasn't around at first. Calm Mind Cobalion was the set here, and I had very few memes that I did. But this was a serious team, and I decided to actually do good with a team for once. So instead, I paired Cobalion's former thoughts up with something to destroy Fairies much more brutally, as well as have a different kind of offensive presence that handles faster steels like Cobalion and provide any middling amount of priority. But the biggest draw is being able to hammer the various slower things that don't resist the dual stabs, being brutal and effective. At +2, there's not much that can sit and handle Lucario, or even just at neutral.

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Crobat, a pokemon that has always found a sweet spot in my teams. Normally, I have some massive meme to spread around, but I'm not going to go joke around. So I decided for a fast defog, a faster speedy thing to clear hazards up, and a great way to fake birdspam. It helps to get some recovery in the team, and roost helps it survive a lot, while U-Turn does provide a more or less offensive pivot. There's not much I can say about this.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam

Little bit of a weird set, not gonna lie. But having a more steady Mega Aerodactyl check as well as a ground resist that was actually immune regardless of everything bar Mold Breaker. No getting sniped on the roost, but best thing about it is that while it can also check Mega Aerodactyl, set hazards, and spread Toxics around, it can also do a decent amount of damage. Psywave might just do a random amount of damage from .5 to 1.5, but when it does a high roll, it does more than Seismic Toss. The other side is Heavy Slam, being able to hit something decently hard. Gyro Ball is the other option, and I like it, but the less pp can be a limiting factor. Things can change, and they always do.

So as I said before, this is my last rmt. I'm likely quitting for a long, long time. Like, nine weeks. So I'm gonna say goodbye to a few of my better friends.
Cheryl. Bruh, we've bullshitted enough people with bad memes and you've watched me every time I do something dumb, so here I am! Last meme!
LittleRunnerXC Scarf Floatzel. That's all I'll say to you.
Staraptor 4 UU #FREEBURD
CoolStoryBrobat
Honestly, I feel like I should apologize to you more than anything. I had and still have a load of potential when it comes to things, but I wasted my stuff on jokes and memes, never took the chance to get serious about any of it. I guess the time will come that I can step up and make it here, becoming a valued member of the UU Community rather than the shitposting meme chick.

Either way, I'll see you again after basic.

People I missed, I'll probably talk to you again soon enough. Sooner than you think, anyways.

Adios, Smogon.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 164 Atk / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Bounce

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
aye what up Nightingales ur Gyarados set has no hp EVs in the importable and the description. just letting you know and most importantly GL with the rest of your life :]]]

-pdt

I am writing this command while listening to that soundtrack you posted.

I have heard that song for the first time, and I actually feel like crying now.

Goodbye, Gale. You'll always be there in our hearts alongside your Ursaring when laddering in UU.

one of my fav songs that reminds me of a farewell

^^shows the feelings of your friends after you are gone (watch the whole thing imo, but the first three minutes are sufficient enough)

Reactions: ehT
bronzong doesn't really fit this team because it saps away every bit of momentum you build up on such an offensive team. you don't have a mega, so i believe you should drop both gyrados and bronzong. i don't find gyarados all that helpful on this team, as it only compounds a stealth rock weakness, beedrill is checked by crobat, and you get really weak to a ton of other things like mega aerodactyl and heliolisk (granted, its coverage still makes it difficult to account for). so in their place, offensive sr mega swampert would work well since it sets rocks, checks aero, and a handful of other things. below, i provided an ev spread that outpaces modest sylveon since it seems annoying and it wouldn't hurt to creep it. stone edge is a fine option over ice punch if you find yourself struggling with gyarados.

you didn't really have a hydreigon switch-in since lucario is only coming in once, so the empty slot can utilize specs sylveon as another wallbreaker, that completes the potent krook + sylv + celebi core. its an overall useful fairy that brings a nice amount of defensive utility and baton pass to form a momentum core with crobat. also np lucario is really redundant with np celebi since they both do very similar things against similar teams, so the standard sd set is better in this situation. it gives you a better cleaner, two forms of priority, and excellent revenge killer.

in terms of ev spread optimization, crobat can run 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe to outrun whimsicott. you could go further up in speed for noivern if you wish. also you can go taunt > defog now since its not needed anymore, and it allows it to function as a decent wallbreaker that does a bit of work against stall. i can see if you kept it to get rid of spikes and tspikes though.
swampert @ swampertite
ability: damp
evs: 80 hp / 252 atk / 176 spe
adamant nature
- waterfall
- earthquake
- ice punch / stone edge
- stealth rock

sylveon @ choice specs
ability: pixilate
evs: 4 def / 252 spa / 252 spe
modest nature
ivs: 0 atk
- hyper voice
- psyshock
- hidden power [fire]
- baton pass

lucario @ life orb
ability: justified
evs: 252 atk / 4 spd / 252 spe
jolly nature
- close combat
- extreme speed
- bullet punch
- swords dance

all in all, this was a nice team that just needed a bit of polishing and i hope these suggestions helped !
I honestly am failing to see the benefits of dropping the team's only form of hazard control for taunt when he has three very potent wallbreakers that can rather easily plow through stall. Though I do somewhat agree with the rest of the changes, yet I'm kinda worried that this team is awfully slow for an offensive team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)