OM Core Laddering Challenge [Challenge #13 @ post #497; deadline Feb. 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
2 best bh players rn have been trying to get to plat and they havent bc you deemed ash gren and resh to be worthy of being the clc core

i've been trying to get bronze undefeated in the last couple of weeks w/ a team that isnt even that bad (it's beaten skilled players like pdt)

i can name approx 10 bh players other than myself who think the clc core is ass (myself, flint, it11, hl, pdt, motherlove, halliday, qt, jasp, rng, and sl42)

why is ashgren in the clc with reshiram

ashgreninja is terrible, it's unviable and its only niche is a mixed shell smash sweeper set that doesnt even get kos like it used to; mmy is better, scept is better, ogre is better

but for some reason the core is so shit that you cant even net kos with 4x effective moves like ice beam from ashgren to mray unless youre running modest

see: 252 SpA Greninja-Ash Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 352-416 (85 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

i have no idea who you asked for this core, and i dont really want to know but for the love of god next time you make a clc for bh please ask someone who knows what they're doing like flint or hl

thanks for reading and last thing: if you hear someone ask "why isnt something used anymore", consider the fact that it might actually be unviable before using it in something like the clc

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I understand VoltDarkrai has mentioned about this earlier, but I still want to say this CLC for BH is just awful.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-567272588

This is a heat match on my CLC Cancer alt against the team with very similar archetype. Reliant on 2 attackers, and we had certain-type-immune Audino as Imposter-proofing wall.

I realized, Reshiram turned out to be an absolute piece of shit when it cant even do a shit against Imposter (I kept spamming Overheat because I wanted that Audino dead), and has to switch out, while Mega Rayquaza's stellar and superior stats let it threaten Imposter on the switch.

Greninja-Ash was just useless throughout the whole game: I mean it died to bs hax with crit in turn 1, it won't do much either. What is significant about this unlucky first turn is that most stuff lives non-STAB supereffective moves after EV limits gone, but Greninja still has pathetic bulk. I was running Refrigerate, and it is outclassed by shitload of others: Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, MMX, MMY, or even Pdon or Mega Ray will make better use of it.

upload_2017-4-26_9-9-11.png

The person who aimed for platinum and almost achieved his goal mentioned this.

In my personal aspect, the definition of challenge is doing something that not many people will dare to face, not a task that no one will actually give a shit or is not going to feel much accomplishment from doing it. Greninja-Ash literally has next to no usage after Water Bubble ban, and Reshiram's awful combination of Fire and Dragon typing lets it unable to handle Pogre and is offensively outclassed by Pdon and Mega Ray.

In every single god gory damn viability ranking thread, the thread's owner clarifies the 'mons with low usage is in certain low rank because of its unviability and other 'mons that outclasses it.

The ladder requirement is high as hell, 1750 for Platinum is where one of the best BH players lurk around and 1600 for Gold is where actually people who understand meta enough to make scary predictions and creative teambuilding styles exist. For them, any CLC player is a free-elo, unless they are coincidentally unprepared for aforementioned two garbage 'mons and makes stupid mistakes.

If there was a clc on OU ladder, would you rather aim 1500 with Magikarp or 1800 ladder with UU team? We can think the same way in this clc challenge.

Lastly, do not watch anime and believe Ash is god. He is a person who tells Aipom to fight Ramparados with Swift. Greninja-Ash's brain was infested by Ash's garbage strategies and now has no place to stay in BH metagame.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I will be happy to give advice on future CLC's to make them more closer to being a challenge instead of being a pain and near impossibility.

As before, by getting plat, I will have to dump my team. Here are the two teams I used.

I will link the above with the teamdump at termination of this challenge

Last edited:

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
In as CLCgram for BH

stay tuned for ez plat

Edit: Played a bit more that night, got to 1733. Couldn't play until today but plat is definitely easily doable.

Last edited:
K I am really busy lately to the point that I forgot about this. Congrats to E4 Flint for winning the BH Challange. No one played Camomons, so no winners...
Also since I am very busy, I got so little time to ask for cores, that's why I use whatever suggested instantly (with a little bit of common sense this time). Also, I will consider whatever core suggested in the past.

Challange #7
AG and AAA
AG

and

AAA

and

Elo requirement for each achievements

AG
Bronze: 1400
Silver: 1575
Gold: 1750
Platinum: 1925

AAA
Bronze: 1200
Silver: 1300
Gold: 1400
Platinum: 1500

Special thanks to Catalystic, who gave me a core in page 3. Also since I am very busy, I'll make the challange ends in three weeks at least, may extend if I forgot about this.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
K I am really busy lately to the point that I forgot about this. Congrats to E4 Flint for winning the BH Challange. No one played Camomons, so no winners...
Also since I am very busy, I got so little time to ask for cores, that's why I use whatever suggested instantly (with a little bit of common sense this time). Also, I will consider whatever core suggested in the past.

Challange #7
AG and AAA
AG

and

AAA

and

Elo requirement for each achievements

AG
Bronze: 1400
Silver: 1575
Gold: 1750
Platinum: 1925

AAA
Bronze: 1200
Silver: 1300
Gold: 1400
Platinum: 1500

Special thanks to Catalystic, who gave me a core in page 3. Also since I am very busy, I'll make the challange ends in three weeks at least, may extend if I forgot about this.
I could get 1400 in AG with just those 2 mons smh

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
in as CLC VII
idk if I'll do the AAA one but w/e

edit: tfw double eruption crit qq

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)