Old Generation Analyses Reservation Thread

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
@Triangles: Aren't OUs more important to update first?
Yes - I understand this, but there are only a few analyses that are both in need of being updated and haven't had dibs called on them. One of these is Swampert, and I'll add that to my to-do list and give that priority over the other two I called dibs for.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm too bogged down to work on RBY Dragonite atm. Anybody who's willing and able is free to claim it and finish it.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
I will do GSC Blissey. I will try and have a rough draft up as soon as possible, but my activity will be reduced until the 17th for school and other reasons.

BTW- The OP seems a little out of date. I've completed Zapdos and Forrey already so they can be moved to the completed analyses section.

Just letting you guys now that I'm very busy for now, and I won't probably be able to continue working on the gen 1 Exeggutor and Dragonite analyses for around 2 weeks.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Snorlax, king of GSC, could use a more fleshed-out analysis as per the goals of this little project. I'll take that analysis on.

Triangles

Big Stew
World Defender
Now that Swampert's done, I'll put my name down for ADV Jolteon.
Also - teh OP needs another update.

Now that my hard work is recognised (just kidding =P) I'm reserving gen 1 Alakazam. Don't expect anything before next Sunday though.

Triangles

Big Stew
World Defender
Now that Lapras and Jolteon are on-site, I'm going to start writing an update for ADV Claydol.

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and put my name in for ADV Snorlax. One of the most crucial sets in todays meta is missing, and I feel this needs strongly addressing.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
I have some free time coming up this weekend, so I can take on another analysis while GSC Snorlax is awaiting approval. The current on-site GSC Machamp analysis is absolute poop, so that's what I'll be doing.

I think it's a bit unnecessary to rewrite the whole analysis for ADV Tyranitar since it was just updated by g80 a bit ago, but it's missing the Mixtar set that became all the rage shortly after it was written so i'd just like to post that if that's okay?

Triangles

Big Stew
World Defender
I think it's a bit unnecessary to rewrite the whole analysis for ADV Tyranitar since it was just updated by g80 a bit ago, but it's missing the Mixtar set that became all the rage shortly after it was written so i'd just like to post that if that's okay?
I actually spoke to Sir recently about the same thing, and he said that, as well as adding Mixtar, he wanted to rewrite everything aside from the DDtar, and remove some sets, like the RestTalker. IMO the DDtar needs to have HP Bug as a slash on the fourth slot as well as that's becoming more common. I don't think that g80 will be particularly happy about it being rewritten, so I'd say that what you're suggesting is probably the best option. You really need to talk to Sir about it.

On another note, book me up for ADV Celebi, which I may or may not be co-op writing with meteor64. If we do though, I'll be the main writer.

woops, it sort of looks like my post was directly responding to sir's but i actually wasn't > _ > i hadn't even realized that sir already reserved it and i didn't think to check if anyone had since it was already updated so recently... but i also didn't realize that the analysis didn't have hp bug slashed on ddtar... maybe it could use an update. since that seems to be the case then by all means he can rewrite it. i honestly do not think g80 will care that much, as ultimately all everyone should be worried about is that the analyses are sufficiently informative and reflect the current metagame accurately and that's why this forum exists in the first place. if it is for some reason collectively deemed a step backwards from the current analysis then it will just get rejected and we'll be no worse off, but i don't see that happening as there have been some changes since that one was written and some things are clearly missing, and i'm sure sir will do a good job anyway. so yeah, no worries. my mistake for not using the thread properly ~_~

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
GSC Vaporeon's on-site analysis currently lists Haze as the first set, when what makes it OU is its Growth set. Imma get on changing that and giving Vap a proper write-up (unless somebody else feels they might give it a better treatment...)

Triangles

Big Stew
World Defender
I'll sign myself up for ADV Maggy which I'll hopefully have done by Saturday (I spoke to NatGeo, who originally booked Maggy up, and he said it was OK as he didn't plan on submitting the analysis himself.)

I'm gonna do adv aerodactly since my little cousin destroyed the laptop that had the nearly completed adv ttar.
since aero is done ill work on adv cloyster
adv starmie is next

Gonna do rby slowbro, probably for early-mid September

and I'd also like to ask: how viable is to make a rby uu guide (using po and rby2k10 tiers obv) now that smogon rby tiers are you know how?

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
revamping adv ou golem's CB set because wow it is really sparse. I'm doing the Overview in the Missing Sections thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)