Nuzlocke Challenge

First Ruby Nuzzy post

Hey guys, like I said, I’m doing a Nuzzy on my Ruby, and here is the first of (hopefully) many updates.

Rules:
1. Put all Pokémon in to a Box labeled “Heaven”
2.Nickname everything
3. I can only catch the first Pokémon I see on a route, except if it’s a dupe (or a Pokémon I have in my Pokédex), or I haven’t gotten my PokéBalls yet
4. As this is my first Nuzzy, healing items ARE allowed

The story so far:
Chapter One: Enter the Hero
I hate moving. We had a comfortable home in Johto; a home deserving of
the Champion and his family. Then my dad lost, and had to get a job as a
Gym Leader in Hoenne. My mom and I had to get a home in middle-of-
nowhere-and-that’s-where-you’re-going Littleroot Town.

The van jerked again; more so than usual, and a package almost fell on my
head. Like I said: I hate moving.

The van finally stopped, showering me with an ocean of debris. The door
opened, only to have my mother drag me out, and shove me inside, tell me
to set my clock (with what? I don’t have a watch, so do I use the Sun?), and
tell me to meet my neighbour, Professor Birch.

Chapter Two: First Pokémon
Apparently, he isn’t there, but I should go meet his daughter, May. She
brushed me off, and went to go help her dad. When I went after her, I found
her dad being chased by a Poochyena. Way to go, May. I took a Pokémon
from the bag he told me to look in. It was the Chick Pokémon, Torchic. I
Scratched the Poochyena again and again; finally, it died.

Later at the lab, he “gave” me the Torchic. Like I was going to give it back,
anyways. He asked me if I would like to name it. I thought, “Why not?”. Hot
Chick became my first Pokémon (I will rename it when I get to Slateport). I
went out to Route 103, like he “suggested”, and fought May. Apparently, she
had been a Trainer for a long time already. Sure. Whatever you want to
think. Dude, she has a boyfriend. He shows her the “rare” Pokémon she
supposedly finds, and you’re stupid enough to believe her. Your loss... When
we got back to the Lab, Birch gave me a PokéDex, and May gave me some
PokéBalls. Apparently, if she sees any cute Pokémon, she’ll catch them. Or
your boyfriend gives them to you.

As I was going out to Route 101, my mom caught me. I thought she would
give me a rant, but apparently she just wanted to give me some Running
Shoes. Cool shit.

As I entered the first patch of grass, I encountered a dysfunctional Sentret.
Apparently it’s called Zigzagoon here. Hot Chick Scratched it twice, then I
threw a PokéBall at it. Enter Curve the Zigzagoon (another name I’ll be
changing). I ran back home in my snazzy new clogs, and healed them both. I
went out to Route 102 next, and Curve almost killed the first Pokémon we
saw, which was a Caterpie with Down’s Syndrome, which is called Wurmple
here. Meet Wormy (I’m really bad at naming things...) Wurmple. To catch my
final Pokémon, I went to Route 103 to catch my final Pokémon until I got past
whatever the next hick town in this good-for-nothing region. It was a
Pokémon I’d never seen the like of before, the dog-like Poochyena. Wormy
Tackled it down to size, and then I caught it. Kailee the Poochyena was the
most recent addition to my team.

I leveled up my Pokémon until they learned new moves: Poison Sting, Howl,
Tail Whip, and Focus Energy for Wormy, Kailee, Curve, and Hot Chick,
respectively. There, I went to the Oldale Town Pokémon Center, and went to
sleep for the night.

Summary:
1. Obtained Torchic
2. Beaten May
3. Caught Curve
4. Caught Wormy
5. Caught Kailee
6. Saved and quit for the night

The Crew:
Hot Chick the Torchic
Serious Nature
Level 7
-Scratch
-Growl
-Focus Energy
-None

Hot Chick is the leader of the team, and takes the role VERY seriously. He
makes sure that no one dies; exemplified by the way he quickly took down
the Zigzagoon after Wormy suffered a Critical Hit. I see his STAB Fire- and
Fighting-Type moves coming in very useful later in the game (*cough*Glacia*cough*).

Wormy the Wurmple
Serious Nature
Level 5
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Poison Sting
-None

Wormy is the second in command, and takes the role just as seriously, if not
more, than Hot Chick. Wormy suffered a NDE (near death experience), and is
careful when challenging Zigzagoons because of it. I can see the Status
support provided by its evolutions and Poison Sting (*cough*Weedle*cough*)
becoming invaluable later in the game.

Curve the Zigzagoon
Brave Nature
Level 5
-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip
-None

Curve was the first Pokémon I caught myself, and is that much closer to me
for it. Curve is very brave, and isn’t afraid to take one for the team. The
near-flawless coverage provided by Normal-Fire-Fighting and Pickup will
make Curve a great teammate in the future.

Kailee the Poochyena
Lonely Nature
Level 5
-Tackle
-Howl
-None
-None

Kailee is the newest member of my team, only making her appearance
yesterday. She tends to keep to herself, and while she may have a less than
impressive movepool at this point, Kailee will be able to learn powerful
Normal- and Dark-Type moves later in the game.

short update if only to show my run is not dead, i am just busy.

chapter 6: team who?

the morning came, patched my stuff up and left to continue my journey. on the entrance of the cursed cave where Raven died i was bumped by someone from behind who appeared to be in a hurry. turns out it was no one other then Ryan who was surprised it was me. he was happy i got my badge and told me where the next gym was, then quickly ran off. i decided to grind a little on the cave, but got barely any exp for my team. after reaching the city i healed my pokemons and headed my way, but i saw some weird man in spacesuits talking to the prof and cute dawn and decided to check it out. turns out they were trying to get the research data from prof research and were willing to use force. me and dawn decided to battle them.

vamp got nailed badly at the start of the battle by a combo of -2 def+stab scratch, and was left with barely any hp left. i decided to switch axel to take whatever hits they might throw at vamp, but turns out all hits were aimed at dawn pokemon instead. Axel quickly defeated one of them with a swift MACHU PANWCH! and took a fury swipes like a man. i switched mad daddy after that to share the exp around the 3 fighters. he was cut down to half hp by a fury swipes but a combo of tackle+fury swipes from mad daddy and dawn turtwig finished him off. they quickly ran away after that, knowing they had no chance to win after that. dawn gave me a quick explanation about the prof research, followed by said prof saying how good i got and told me it might be a good idea to get all badges. both left and shortly after that a fat man show up saying it was a nice battle and gave me a pink case full of....stuff. do i look like a girl or something? after that i left to the poke center and decided to rest for now.

wont bother to put the team on this short update because nothing significant changed besides vamp leveling up and learning a new move.

Ok, started my diamond Nuzlocke. Haven't versed Barry for the first time yet but am about to are a little bit more training. Sorry for people that can't bare quickly draw, horrible drawing, such as the ones i did.

Piplup - R2-D2 - Relaxed - Torrent
32 - 18 - 18 - 20 - 18 - 13
Pound - Growl - Bubble

Budew - C-3P0 - Brave - Poison Point
28 - 11 - 13 - 15 - 19 - 15
Absorb - Growth - Water Sport

Sorry you had to see those bad drawings

This update will be big since 1. i have done a lot of things and 2 i have not updated in awhile.
Chapter 5 A Cave, a Grave and a Gym or 2.....(or for graves 3)
Then i stopped. I realised that i had not done some things. 1.Gotten a poke from orebough gate. 2. I had not gotten TM 70 Flash from that stupid gate too. so i head back get the TM and catch a Psyduck which i call duckzz.
Then i went back to wayward cave and caught an onix which i called Snakezz. i then found some interesting items, including a TM, hmmm this will all came in handy later, but untill then,
i found a little girl (Mira) and i help her out of wayward cave and when we get to the end my ,pokes had nearly kept fainting, i was all like Thank you lord, Thank you.

After that i went to the next city/gym and on the way i went though Mt Cornet ran into......another meditite which i faint, oh well no poke for this route then, i then go into the grass area and find myself a roselia, which i catch and name Rose, i then go to the berry masters house and get some berrys. I also find a poketech app which i download.
After i get to the next city all of a sudden a Buneary appears. I pulled out a pokeball ready to send someone into battle when all of a sudden a girl cames and says "Stop, Please dont attack my Buneary" she thanks me for stopping her buneary, yada yada crap happens yadada, i then end up at the Contest hall where i find the chick and my mum talking(the chicks name is Kiera i anyone is wondering) she talks to me and disappears, then my mum gives me a tux and gos home.

I then find my self talking to a french chick named Fantina who talks about how shes the gym leader and all and asks me to come to the gym for a battle. But before i get there i get myself an evee which i named iceyzz, so when i get the gym , there are complications and i lose my drifloon(i have put ballon in an early post havent i?????if i havent please tell me, but just in case before all this went back to the Valley windworks and captured a drifloon) and to make matters worse i also lose my Onix to the same trainer so i send in my gastly, and before i can get to Fantina my gastly evloves into Haunter andmy geodude evloves into graveler. Now i am angry.

So when i get to fantina i did not battle i left and vistied my friend cody at the pokecenter second floor ut efore i did that i made sure to have Geo,Psi and Gas with me so i traded my pokes and then he traded them back, so now i had, Gengar,Gelom and Alakazam. I then went to the gym leader with new pokes and confidence and destroyed every poke she sent out and won my next gym badge.

After the battle i went to the hallowed tower and repaired it but since i dont know anyone underground i leave it alone. I find and catch a Duskull which i name Dusk when ireach the next route. So then i go Soleaceon towna and go to the ruins and catch myself a Unknown and named it Fzz, i also find several items which will help me on my journey, like the HM Defog, so after that i return to that route and go to the lost tower and battle some trainers and wild pokes and once again not catching anything.

I then get some tags from some weird old ladys and i go back to soleaceon town and vist the daycare and put in Rose and Icey. Then i leave and head to the next route and catch a Staravia, Which i name Star, i then went further in battled trainer but no Pokes????? Whats up with the pokes advoiding me... all well, on to the next gym.
When i get to the next city i see that it is crawling with Plasma Goons ripe for the picking but i cant battle any....aw man. All well i will just go beat the gym, ohh whats this its dawn(lovely dovely moment), we talk and all of a sudden a weird guy appears from the gym singing a demented song. And after he finishs it he talks to us about this gym leader chick and says that he is the leader in Pastoria and says he looks forward to battling me.

Then he leaves. Then dawn leaves aw........ I then go into the gym and defeat all the trainers there and go south and catch a Houndour and Girafraig which i name Hound and Giraf.
I then get my Staraivia out of the PC, but diseaster strucks when i get to the Resturant and Star becomes fried chicken, and not the tasty kind, so i send out Geo and magnitude the shit out of it. After that i went to the graveyard and buried him, and went to the gym and used Psi and the newly evolved Chopper i demolished the gym leader for Star, after that i ran into Dawn again, and she says that team plasma is bullying her so she takes me to where they are and me and Dawns pokes team battled their asses off, then they gave Dawns pokedex back and run into their Warehouse and when i turn round i see Looker run around the corner and he cames and talks to me and Dawn then Dawn leaves.

So me and Looker go after the Grunts but run into a dead end ,but i got a HM Fly, so me and Looker leave and i start the next part of the Journey...........
Chapter 6 Just Grinding
Well like the title says i am just grinding my pokes a bit and now i am telling you the story of my grinding. So its just a small chapter
After me and Looker leave i go south again help a chick out and get a flute in return. So after that i go further south then go east and get to Pastoria City. But instead of going straight to the gym i leave the city and go and grind in the next route but somehow evade pokes????? so i train against trainers til i get a super rod, and when i get to the masion i defeat all the maids but not in enough turns...... damn. So i go and find out what poke i could find but when i find a Pichu but Tort faints it. So after that i train i bit more and vist Cody again to evolve Chopper.
After that i evolve Tort into Torterra. It learns earthquake. Sweet, a strong ground move, other then the unpredictable stupid piece of Shit magetiude. So after that i go to the gym and for once Barry didnt bash into me. He says some stuff and we battle but my pokes prevail in the end. After the battle he brags that Wake the Pastoria Gym Leader took him as an apprentice. So i return to the gym for some of the toughest gym battles yet............
See told you it would be small but all well heres my team/death/boxed box.
Team
1.Tort the Torterra
lvl36
Ability Overgrowth
Item Big Root
Nature Mild
Moves-Bite
Razor Leaf
Mega Drain
Earthquake
2.Psi the Alakazam
lvl31
Ability Inner Focus
Item Odd Sense
Nature Lax
Moves-Psybeam
Reflect
Disable
Recover
3.Chopper the Machamp
lvl31
Ability No Gaurd
Item Razor Fang
Nature Relaxed
Moves-Submission
Revenge
Payback
Earthquake
4.Geo the Golem
lvl29
Ability Rock Head
Item Quick Claw
Nature Gentle
Moves-Tackle
Magnitude
Rock Polish
Rock Throw
5.Gas the Gengar
lvl28
Ability Levitate
Iteam Spell Tag
Nature Serious
Moves- Shadow
Confuse Ray
Payback
Mean Look
6.Hound the Houndour
lvl24
Ability Early Bird
Item EXP Share
Nature Lonely
Moves-Smog
Roar
Bite
Odor Sleuth
PC
1.Tobias The Togepi
2.Bell the Chingling
3.Nix the Luxio
4.Bunny the Bunneary
5.Rosey the Budew
6.Medi the Meditite
7.Duck the Psyduck
8.Wurm the Beautifly
9.Doof the Bidoof
10.Fish the Magikarp
11.Horse the Ponyta
12.Shelly the Shieldon
13.F the Unknown
14.Skull the Duskull(i was wrong its skull not dusk)
15.Bat the Crobat
16.Poly the Polygon
17.Giraf the Girafarig
18.Burm the Burmy
19Wing the Wingull
Daycare
Rose the Roselia
Icey the Evee

Started a new nuzlocke on a Emerald rom so I have two going at the moment. So far have crited all the first pokes on each route and started with Mudkip for once. Will do a proper update later.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Update 2- Emerald Nuzlocke
Brawly Battle and my first loss
So I defeated May at rustboro with no troubles and made my way down to dewford. I went into granite cave and used a repel (you may think this is cheating and may frown upon it all you like but there's nothing you can do about it) and skipped the first floor to find an aron in the next floor(you can't find aron in the top floor.) It worked and I caught it and taught it cut. I then went back and defeated a few trainers on route 116.
Anyway, after a bit of griding i went to challenge Brawly.
He sends out machop, I send out ralts. my ralts 2HKO's whilst all he does is bulk up. no problem at all. anyway, he then switches to meditite. as confusion wasn't supereffective and I was unaware of his movepool i switch to wingull. BIG MISTAKE. It knows focus punch. My wingull survives and I eventually take it down with a 3HKO from wing attack.
Anyway, wingull is weak. and after weakening Makuhita it eventually faints to vital throw :( Ralts doesn't take too long in defeating the Makuhita, but I have lost a vital team mate. :(

May Battle and my second loss
After defeating Brawly I go to slateport to deliver some goods. to capt. stern. I face many trainers easily on the beach and head up to see the captain when I notice the museum full of team aqua members. I go inside and take down a couple of grunts with whismur. Then Archie comes and speaks a load of rabble about the sea. I give the goods to stern and set on my way. I meet Birch who appears worried about may. I face lots of trainers on route 10 and my whismur and ralts both evolve! anyway I train up in the trick house and go to challenge may! I have a level 22 loudred who i give a silk scarf to power up uproar.
She sends out Lombre. No problem. He does measly amount of damage with swift(nature power) and absorb and i take the opportunity to get +4 attack with howl. Surely no-one can survive a hit now? I knock out with uproar. She send out Marshtomp. Loudred attacks first and...
Marshtomp survives with 1 HP. Marshtomp retaliates with mud shot. I survive and think this is okay, it's just one more hit and he's down. However... mudshot lowered my speed. Marshtomp attacks first, and knocks loudred out with water gun. My Kirlia has no trouble with finishing it off and defeating slugma, but I have lost another valuable member. :(
Anyway, I am now in mauville, training up some new team members- Marill and my Aron.

TEAM
Party Pokemon
Combusken, lvl 21
Naive nature
-Ember
-Double Kick
-Peck
-Scratch

Kirlia, lvl 21
Hasty nature
-Confusion
-Flash
-Calm Mind
-Teleport

About to start training:
Aron, lvl 10
Hasty nature
-Headbutt
-Harden
-Mud Slap
-Cut

Marill, lvl 13
Calm nature
Huge Power :D
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Water Gun
-Defense Curl

Boxed
Poochyena, lvl 6
Poochyena, lvl 6
Magikarp, lvl 6
Electrike, lvl 13
Poochyena's get rejected because I hate them. I might stick Magikarp in the day care so it can join my team later. and Electrike just has a shocking movepool so I couldn't be bothered to raise it.

Dead
Wingull, lvl 16
Loudred, lvl 22

sad losses. Both valuable members of my team that will be sorely missed.

Well im just gunna go ahead and feel like da man. I am currently doing 4 nuzlockes at once. Diamond, Emerald, Crystal and Blue, will be plenty of updates to come.

Obsidian, I dare you to make this a story that all intersects somehow. DO IT. OR I WILL MURDER YOU.

As for my Diamond Nuzlocke, well, adding Wally to the team was an excellent decision. I needn't have worried about his damage output, Extrasensory at least 3HKOd everything, and I'm now on my way to Celestic Town with no problems whatsoever. I'm on a roll.

The team:

Fianna (CrobatF/32)
Cross Poison/Wing Attack/Bite/Confuse Ray
The undisputed team leader, who has been with me since the Ravaged Path. Not much has changed for Fianna since my last update, as she's taken a bit of a back seat to allow Shergar and Wally to level. But is still a potent force to be called on at any moment.

Fluffy (GyaradosF/34)
Ice Fang/Bite/Dragon Rage/Tackle
A team member who has really come to the fore since her evolution. That said, she's a lot more gentle than you would expect for a Gyarados. Timid nature means her damage output is somewhat disappointing for now, but Dragon Rage still 3 shots everything, and once I get Aqua Tail, rape shall ensue.

Shergar (PontyaM/34)
Stomp/Ember/Growl/Tail Whip
Ehhh... Shergar's not so hot. He's a useful ride for me, and fights pretty valiantly. He's too stubborn to give up. His damage output is fairly similar to Fluffy's, and once I get Flamethrower, he should stomp (dohoho) Byron flat.

Wally (Bronzong/36)
Extrasensory/Hypnosis/Confuse Ray/Iron Defense
Dear Lord. This thing is unkillable without crits, and has shown himself to be my best answer to Gyarados, and all the dangerous Rock types that plague my team. He's a lot more reserved than my other three teammates, but he is still an extremely trusted companion.

So, that's the team. Any suggestions for future companions I'll meet? I'm thinking maybe Snover from the Ice Routes, if I'm lucky...

Obsidian, I dare you to make this a story that all intersects somehow. DO IT. OR I WILL MURDER YOU.
Well i did name my character Nexus in all of them... I SHALL TAKE YOUR CHALLENGE. I will still do the usual updates too, mainly because i already wrote this one up (btw, i won't make the Diamond one connected to the other 3, cos Diamond's gay...(and the only one im not doing on a rom)

(Note, all games I am using the 3 main rules + battle mode: set and on Emerald I can’t buy items)

Pokemon Yellow
Well, the annoying thing about the rom, is that since the file is so basic and small, when I speed up, it goes to around 4000-8000% which pretty much means I’m teleporting everywhere. Handy in some cases, not so in others. Also, nicknames are just first things that pop into my head. (Remember, r/b/y, stats are Hp, attack, defense, speed, special)

Alive:

Pikachu - Button - lv.11
31 - 19 - 14 - 29 - 18
Thundershock - Growl - Quick Attack, Thunder Wave
Are pikachus usually this fast?

Butterfree - Bugsy - lv.14
43 - 23 - 24 - 30 - 31
Confusion - Tackle - Stun Spore - Poison Powder
Solo’d Brock, without taking damage.

Dead:
Rattata - Lumpy - lv.5
19 - 12 - 9 - 13 - 8
Tackle - Tail Whip
Damn critz

Spearow - Birdy - lv.10
29 - 20 - 14 - 20 - 12
Peck - Growl - Leer
Had been uber sand attacked, don’t know why I didn’t just switch...

Pokemon Crystal
Ok, found out that this goes up to like 4000-6000%, not as bad as yellow but still... anyways, good start, no deaths and decent Pokemon. (Remember these stats have sp.attk and sp.def as usual, format is Hp, attk, def, sp.attk, sp.def, spd)

Alive:

Totodile - Snappa - lv.12
37 - 23 - 23 - 17 - 18 - 16
Scratch - Leer - Rage
It was a close call between Cyndiqwil and Totodile but Totodile has always been a great asset to my in-game team so I went with her.

Spearow - Nash - 13
35 - 23 - 18 - 15 - 15 - 28
Peck - Growl - Leer - Fury Attack
Cleared out Sprout Tower easily and gained a few levels doing so. Should be a great help through-out the game is no casualty occurs.

Growlithe - Melissa - lv.11
36 - 22 - 17 - 21 - 17 - 20
Ember - Bite - Roar
Got really lucky with this one, will check Serebii later to find the earliest possible stage to get a fire stone, not saying I will do it as early as possible though, will need to check movepool too.

Togepi Egg

Dead:
n/a

Falkner Tactic: Had Growlithe out first, embered Pidgey to death. Took out about half of Pidgeotto’s HP before switching to Spearow who used a flurry of Growls to reduce the gusts and tackles to nothing. Fearing another attack however, switched to Totodile for the easy finish.

Pokemon Emerald:
Ahhh, feels good to be back at 400-500%.... well actually, it’s a bit too slow. I would edit the speed settings but it just doesn’t seem to feel right afterwards. Anyways, since I am trying to keep at the same stage in all the games I will quickly try to beat the gym for this update. (Note: this update is right after beating Roxanne or whatever her name is)

Alive:

Marshtomp - Derp - Lv.16
Torrent - Bashful
49 - 32 - 28 - 26 - 30 - 22
Water Gun - Tackle - Mud Shot - Growl
Decided to use Mudkip for once, despite the fact that I really don’t like it that much, however I know it is good and is a reliable water type incase I get stuck.

Dustox - Dusty - lv.12
Shield Dust - Quirky
37 - 18 - 23 - 17 - 29 - 22
Confusion - Harden
Caught it as a cascoon, didn’t take as long as I thought to evolve. Expect it will die soon, hopefully it can serve it’s main purpose against Brawley before then.

Whismur - Bang - lv.10
Soundproof - Rash
34 - 15 - 11 - 16 - 10 - 12
Pound - Uproar
Was originally going to train two Explouds, too bad the first one died to a crit, however Bang should fair well as long as it survives past Wattson, then it will start getting a fair bit of use.

Dead:
Zigzagoon - Prick - lv.5
Docile
Can’t remember how she died but I’ll miss pickup :(

Whismur - Boom - lv.11
Naughty
Quick Attack crit from a Taillow. I was going to have the ultimate Exploud pair....

My diamond updates won’t be as consistent or common, stay tuned for more though. (And yes, these updates will start getting even longer.)

Will get started on that story now! Your lucky i actually like writing...

Ps. zomg i just shaved for the first time so now i truely am DA MAN.
pss. Also found out i don't have school till the 14th (because of the NZ earthquake) so these nuzlockes shouldn't take long to finish, and I'll get some time to nuzlocke my play through of Black.
Psss. Would appreciate some feedback on my update layout please!

well wht happened to your starter and randomest thing ever i catch a Zubat at Ravaged path and its a Crobat at lvl32 so WTF!!!!!!!!
It was killed by a combination of Razor Leaf missing, and Pachirisu using Bide. RIP, Bandana the Turtwig. Haha, mine was a Crobat at level 27. Suck it, and please, learn not to use run-on sentences.

are savestates allowed?
You can save, but you can't load, even if a Bro dies. That would just defeat the purpose of the game, else you could just load whenever something dies.

Try not to do such short posts in the future.

Edit: Sorry, but you can load when you start up the rom if it wasn't obvious

Sorry for the double post peoples (this thread has been dead the past couple days anyway). First chapter of my Yellow/Crystal/Emerald story is here, not the best and a bit serious at first. Italics is the past, which is yellow. Bold is also the past, but Crystal. Normal is the present, and Emerald (I'm aware there is no bold in the first chapter.)

A dark figure loomed in the back of the truck, only the outline of his body and whites of is eyes visible in the poor lighting. The boy stood at the opposite end of the half filled truck, his fists clenched and his eyes full of rage and fury.
“We had a deal!” the boy screamed, “You said you’d give me back my memory!”
“Calm down lad, all will be revealed in time” the figure said, as he stood up, still untouched by any light.
The boy wanted to attack him but knew he couldn’t; this man held his memories, he didn’t know what attacking him would do to them.
“Now,” the figure spoke, in a calm voice “I want you to go to Team Magma and Aqua, and just do what I asked, ok? Then until then, you won’t get all of your memories back”

“Mum, mum!” the boy screamed with joy, “Proffesor Oak, he said yes! He said he would give me a Pokemon!”
The boy stormed through the house, his muddy shoes leaving faint prints in the carpet.
The boy searched the bottom floor, his mother no-where to be seen. He ran up stairs and checked the top floor, same result. He went back downstairs, approaching the door he was told to never enter. He banged on the heavy steel door, “Mum!”. No reply.

Nexus woke with a jolt. ‘Was that just a dream or was it a memory?’ he thought to himself, the dream confusing him. He slipped out of bed, his soft, echoing footsteps diligently trailing towards the drawn curtains, the pattern splattered on them out-dating his age by about 8 years.
He drew the curtains, the early morning sunlight pouring into the room, as if a bucket of light had been emptied onto the floor of his bedroom.
He glanced out at the horizon, the small town of Little Root always got a great view in the morning, the faint trees of Petalburg Woods cutting off the bottom half of the sun, making it look like a bright, jagged semi-circle, hanging in the sky.

Nexus peered through the window, scanning the area for any signs of a human presence, after spotting only a half eaten apple he looked around one last time and then proceeded to take his jacket off. Wrapping the jacket around his left hand, his good hand, he started to have second thoughts about going through with it, after all, he was about to steal a Pokemon, something that’s considered unthought of these days.

His tall, lean figured loomed over the three Pokeballs. ‘I think I might just take one and only say there was one, stop myself from getting into even more trouble.’
He picked up the three balls, two in one hand, one in his less fortunate hand; as he tossed them into the air, three bright beams of light shot out, a array of colours confusing his sight and putting him off balance for a second.

As his sight returned, he was puzzled to find not one Pokemon in front of him, he turned around and saw that they we’re on the side of the room behind him either. His eyes furiously scanned the room, checking for anything moving, or out of place, only one. The door was open.

Nexus walked along the soft grass from in front of his house, a chubby yellow mouse resting on his head, eyes closed and impossible to determine whether asleep or not. Nexus was back again, the day after his mum had disappeared, to check if she was back. He nudged the front door with his shoe and to his surprise it slowly creaked open. ‘Someone’s been here’ he though to himself, ‘Or someone still is here..’

“So, do we have a deal?” the figure’s outline the only thing visible in the darkened lounge, the curtains drawn to deliberately block out all sources of light.
“Let me get this straight,” Nexus said, a hint of anger in his voice, “You want me to beat the League? That’s it?”
“Yes, you see, our sources have given us some information that Team Rocket have fully control of the entire Pokemon League system, they control the League and all the Gyms so we want you to take them out”
“But... but why me?” Nexus asked, the main question being lifted off his chest.
“Your parents. Your father, although you did not know him, was a fierce man, he was the original founder of Team Rocket, a great Pokemon trainer too, even if he did use them for all the wrong reasons. And, well, your mother, she wanted some sort comfort that she would be safe from your father’s work incase anything went wrong, she ended up being a Gym Leader in the Hoenn region for 2 years to increase her skills.”

After searching the 5 building village Nexus started walking back to his house, the sun almost fully in the sky, his shadow about the same height as him as he watched it jump from one black blob to another, hopelessly stuck to the ground.
A high pitched shriek made a pain tear through Nexus’s right ear, setting him off balance, but after regaining it he tore off down the lightly dust coated path running through Littleroot.
He spotted a little girl, lying on the ground beside the entrance to the village, her forehead covered in blood and her clothes ripped. ‘I’ve got a bad feeling about this’ Nexus thought to himself, as he cautiously walked past the girl and saw three small figures bent over a body, their eyes full of rage and anger, foam dripping from their mouths.

The first Nexus recognized as Treecko, a sort of gecko, they usually play a part in circuses, their sole-spiked feet allowing them to walk on walls and ceilings, they can even sense future weather patterns with their tails. Even if their cute, green appearence doesn’t look it, they’re once fierce fighter, and by the look of things, this one has serious rabies.
Although he had never seen one in person before, he knew the second was Torchic, pretty much a chicken, but able to breath fire from it’s mouth, but in this case, it was more of a spew than breath; the Torchic was standing away from the other two, spewing out fire onto the ground, speckled with pieces of bone and flesh. They say Torchics actually have a small fire burning inside them, which sources their fire abilities and is why they are so warm to hug.
The third Nexus had never seen before, unless this was the famed Mudkip, controller of all things derp. He had read legends about Mudkip the Demon Slayer and Mudkip the Vanquisher, both creating revolutions; Mudkip the Vanquisher bringing an end to slavery for some time and Mudkip the Demon Slayer, the ultimate fighter, who was said to be able to shoot a blast of water 50 meters into the air and then catch it in his mouth again.

These were the three Pokemon that escaped, and now they were eating a innocent citizen. He needed to do something, and something fast. Nexus tore the backpack off his back, the backpack that had been given to him by Renault, the man from the truck, and the man that had been haunting his childhood since he was 12.
He zipped open the right hand pocket, withdrawing a half red, half white Pokeball, the light from the sun reflecting off the shiny surface.

‘I get to pick one’, Nexus thought to himself, ‘This is going to be my first Pokemon in the Hoenn region, and it’s going to be the third starter I’ve had.’
He threw the ball; and wished.

I am suitably impressed. The multiple time period thing is a little confusing, but hopefully I'll get used to that with the bold and italics to distinguish it. All in all, a strong start, I can't wait to find out what the hell's happening.

I am suitably impressed. The multiple time period thing is a little confusing, but hopefully I'll get used to that with the bold and italics to distinguish it. All in all, a strong start, I can't wait to find out what the hell's happening.
Thanks. Yea I realized the italics aren't that good on Smogon so it's a little hard to tell apart from the normal stuff but all well, things will start falling into place soon. Hopefully more people post in the nuzlocke thread though, else I'll just be double posting heaps :/

I really ought to try writing a log for my Diamond Nuzlocke... I do actually have a decent idea for it too. Ah, but school gets in the way... And BW coming out here tomorrow won't help either lol

I really ought to try writing a log for my Diamond Nuzlocke... I do actually have a decent idea for it too. Ah, but school gets in the way... And BW coming out here tomorrow won't help either lol
Yea school is my main problem too, but since there was the whole Christchurch Earthquake I don't go back to high school until the 14th. And you're lucky, B/W comes out last here and in Auzzie, I have to wait till the 10th. I pre-ordered Black and for once have money so am tempted to pre-order White too...

I'm going to start a Nuzlocke on Fire Red. Only one Pokemon/route. If something faints, it is dead. Just realized no Pokeballs is absurd for this game, so no more of that.

I will also be updating on this post.

Party
Socke the male Ivysaur
Level 30
Careful
Overgrow
-Tackle
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf

July the male Primeape
Level 29
Lax
Vital Spirit
-Fury Swipes
-Karate Chop
-Low Kick
-Rock Tomb

Sheth the female Wigglytuff
Level 30
Jolly
Cute Charm
-Sing
-Defense Curl
-Pound
-Mega Kick

Boxer the male Dugtrio
Level 31
Timid
Sand Veil
-Fury Swipes
-Rock Slide
-Magnitude
-Dig

Jinro the female Gyarados
Level 30
Modest
Intimidate
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite
-Dragon Rage

TLO the male Flareon
Level 30
Brave
Flash Fire
-
-Sand Attack
-Growl
-Quick Attack

Box
Catz the female Rattata
Idra the male Zubat
Moonglade the female Meowth
Blur the male Oddish
QXC the female Pidgey
Axslav the female Drowzee
Incontrol the Voltorb
Bratok the male Gastly

Dead
Morrow the male Beedrill
Level 16
Brave
Shield Dust
-Poison Sting
-String Shot
-Harden
-Fury Attack

TLO the male Flareon
Level 30
Brave
Flash Fire
-Bite
-Sand Attack
-Growl
-Quick Attack

Pokemon found on each route
Starter: Lvl 5 Bulbasaur
Route 1: Lvl 2 Rattata (killed)
Route 22: Lvl 2 Mankey (caught)
Route 2: Lvl 3 Rattata (caught)
Viridian Forest: Lvl 4 Weedle (caught)
Route 3: Lvl 5 Jigglypuff (caught)
Mt. Moon: Lvl 10 Zubat (caught)
Route 4: Lvl 8 Spearow (killed)
Route 24: Lvl 9 Kakuna (killed)
Route 25: Lvl 13 Oddish (caught)
Route 5: Lvl 13 Pidgey (caught)
Vermilion City: Lvl 5 Magikarp (caught)
Route 6: Lvl 12Meowth (caught)
Route 11: Lvl 13 Drowzee (caught)
Route 9: Lvl 13 Ekans (killed)
Route 10: Lvl 16 Voltorb (caught)
Rock Tunnel: Lvl 15 Zubat (killed)
Route 8: Lvl 20 Meowth (killed)
Route 7: Lvl 19 Oddish (killed)
Celadon City: Lvl 20 Eevee (caught)
Pokemon Tower: Lvl 18 Gastly (caught)

Adventure
-Started off with Socke the Bulbasaur. Was actually going to lose the first battle with my rival, but got a lucky crit at the end.

-Ran into a Rattata on the way to the mart for Oak, can't catch him. Oh well, didn't want him anyway.

-Once I got my balls, went and caught July the Mankey on route 22, Catz the Rattata on route 2 and Morrow the Weedle in the forest. Trained up Mankey and Bulba for the gym.

-Other than July taking out the first Geodude of the gym, Socke swept through Pewter.

-Went on to route 3 and came across Sheth the Jigglypuff. That's actually really lucky considering the chance of finding one. Unfortunately, ran into Idra the Zubat in Mt. Moon, hoping for something better than that.

-Got through Mt. Moon, evolved Jigglypuff. Killed a wild Spearow...

-Fought the rival again. Sheth OHKO's Pidgeotto with Mega Kick, July OHKO's Rattata with Karate Chop, Morrow takes out Abra with multiple Fury Attacks and July takes out Charmander with 2 Rock Tombs.

-Went up the Nugget bridge, beat it easily then found a Kakuna (face palm) and Blur the Oddish in the subsequent routes.

-Morrow the Beedrill fell to a critical hit by a Slowpoke's confusion. RIP Morrow :(

-Socke sweeps through Cerulean gym easily.

-Caught qxc the Pidgey on route 5.

-Got the old rod, then caught Jinro the Magikarp in Vermillion and Moonglade the Meowth on Route 6.

-Grinded Magikarp up quickly to Gyarados. Went to Diglett's cave and caught Boxer the Diglett.

-Another rival battle on the SS Anne. Jinro takes out Pidgeotto, July erradicates Raticate, Sheth OHKO's Kadabra with pound (LOL), and Boxer OHKO's Charmeleon with Magnitude 9.

-Boxer sweeps through Vermilion gym up until Raichu. Too low on health now because of stupid double team by Pikachu, I switch to Sheth who takes out Raichu with Mega Kick.

-Went to get Flash, taught it to Moonglade to get through Rock Tunnel easily. On the way I run into an Ekans, realize I have no pokeballs and kill it. I go buy a few and catch a Voltorb on the subsequent route. July and Boxer evolve shortly hereafter.

-A couple disappointing routes with duplicates, so I just kill them and move on. I take my Eevee and looking at its nature and my current team, decide to evolve it into a Flareon. Let's hope that was a good choice.

-Fought through Celadon Gym, leveling up Flareon. In the final battle against Erika, Flareon was fully paralyzed 4 times in a row and died to a critical hit acid. FML. RIP TLO.

-Down in the Rocket Hideout, Boxer takes out Giovanni's Onix, Socke takes out Rhyhorn and July takes out Kangaskhan.

-With the Silph Scope now, I head over to that tower in Lavender and fight my rival again. Boxer takes down Pidgeotto easily with Rock Slide, Jinro bites Exeggcute, Sheth pounds Kadabra, Socke sleep-seeds Gyarados to death and Boxer cleans up Charmeleon with Dig

I'm going to start a Nuzlocke on Fire Red. Only one Pokemon/route, no buying Pokeballs. If something faints, it is dead.

I will also be updating on this post.

Party
Socke the male Bulbasaur
Level 9
Careful
Overgrow
-Tackle
-Growl
-Leech Seed

July the male Mankey
Level 8
Lax
Vital Spirit
-Scratch
-Leer
-Low Kick

Morrow the male Weedle
Level 4
Brave
Shield Dust
-Poison Sting
-String Shot

Box
Catz the female Rattata
Level 3
Naive
Run Away

Dead

Pokemon found on each route
Route 1: Rattata (killed)
Route 22: Mankey (caught)
Route 2: Rattata (caught)
Viridian Forest: Weedle (caught)
Don't let your Mankey die, they are too much of a Bro to let die. Also, any reason you started with Bulbasaur?

Yes actually. In a recent Starcraft tournament, a Korean player named Squirtle kept beating a Swedish player named Sjow and kept losing to a German named Socke. Sjow also kept beating Socke. Someone made the analogy that Socke:Bulbasaur and Sjow:Charmander.

I liked Socke most of the three, so I had to pick Bulbasaur! XD

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. School, meh.
I'm going to go grab my gameboy and play for a bit as soon as I'm done reading through everybody's posts and such. Expect an update soon, possibly Saturday or Sunday.

This update will be big since 1. i have done a lot of things and 2 i have not updated in awhile.
Chapter 5 A Cave, a Grave and a Gym or 2.....(or for graves 3)
Then i stopped. I realised that i had not done some things. 1.Gotten a poke from orebough gate. 2. I had not gotten TM 70 Flash from that stupid gate too. so i head back get the TM and catch a Psyduck which i call duckzz.
Then i went back to wayward cave and caught an onix which i called Snakezz. i then found some interesting items, including a TM, hmmm this will all came in handy later, but untill then,
i found a little girl (Mira) and i help her out of wayward cave and when we get to the end my ,pokes had nearly kept fainting, i was all like Thank you lord, Thank you.
After that i went to the next city/gym and on the way i went though Mt Cornet ran into......another meditite which i faint, oh well no poke for this route then, i then go into the grass area and find myself a roselia, which i catch and name Rose, i then go to the berry masters house and get some berrys. I also find a poketech app which i download.
After i get to the next city all of a sudden a Buneary appears. I pulled out a pokeball ready to send someone into battle when all of a sudden a girl cames and says "Stop, Please dont attack my Buneary" she thanks me for stopping her buneary, yada yada crap happens yadada, i then end up at the Contest hall where i find the chick and my mum talking(the chicks name is Kiera i anyone is wondering) she talks to me and disappears, then my mum gives me a tux and gos home.
I then find my self talking to a french chick named Fantina who talks about how shes the gym leader and all and asks me to come to the gym for a battle. But before i get there i get myself an evee which i named iceyzz, so when i get the gym , there are complications and i lose my drifloon(i have put ballon in an early post havent i?????if i havent please tell me, but just in case before all this went back to the Valley windworks and captured a drifloon) and to make matters worse i also lose my Onix to the same trainer so i send in my gastly, and before i can get to Fantina my gastly evloves into Haunter andmy geodude evloves into graveler. Now i am angry.
So when i get to fantina i did not battle i left and vistied my friend cody at the pokecenter second floor ut efore i did that i made sure to have Geo,Psi and Gas with me so i traded my pokes and then he traded them back, so now i had, Gengar,Gelom and Alakazam. I then went to the gym leader with new pokes and confidence and destroyed every poke she sent out and won my next gym badge.
After the battle i went to the hallowed tower and repaired it but since i dont know anyone underground i leave it alone. I find and catch a Duskull which i name Dusk when ireach the next route. So then i go Soleaceon towna and go to the ruins and catch myself a Unknown and named it Fzz, i also find several items which will help me on my journey, like the HM Defog, so after that i return to that route and go to the lost tower and battle some trainers and wild pokes and once again not catching anything. I then get some tags from some weird old ladys and i go back to soleaceon town and vist the daycare and put in Rose and Icey. Then i leave and head to the next route and catch a Staravia, Which i name Star, i then went further in battled trainer but no Pokes????? Whats up with the pokes advoiding me... all well, on to the next gym.
When i get to the next city i see that it is crawling with Plasma Goons ripe for the picking but i cant battle any....aw man. All well i will just go beat the gym, ohh whats this its dawn(lovely dovely moment), we talk and all of a sudden a weird guy appears from the gym singing a demented song. And after he finishs it he talks to us about this gym leader chick and says that he is the leader in Pastoria and says he looks forward to battling me. Then he leaves. Then dawn leaves aw........ I then go into the gym and defeat all the trainers there and go south and catch a Houndour and Girafraig which i name Hound and Giraf.
I then get my Staraivia out of the PC, but diseaster strucks when i get to the Resturant and Star becomes fried chicken, and not the tasty kind, so i send out Geo and magnitude the shit out of it. After that i went to the graveyard and buried him, and went to the gym and used Psi and the newly evolved Chopper i demolished the gym leader for Star, after that i ran into Dawn again, and she says that team plasma is bullying her so she takes me to where they are and me and Dawns pokes team battled their asses off, then they gave Dawns pokedex back and run into their Warehouse and when i turn round i see Looker run around the corner and he cames and talks to me and Dawn then Dawn leaves.
So me and Looker go after the Grunts but run into a dead end ,but i got a HM Fly, so me and Looker leave and i start the next part of the Journey...........
Chapter 6 Just Grinding
Well like the title says i am just grinding my pokes a bit and now i am telling you the story of my grinding. So its just a small chapter
After me and Looker leave i go south again help a chick out and get a flute in return. So after that i go further south then go east and get to Pastoria City. But instead of going straight to the gym i leave the city and go and grind in the next route but somehow evade pokes????? so i train against trainers til i get a super rod, and when i get to the masion i defeat all the maids but not in enough turns...... damn. So i go and find out what poke i could find but when i find a Pichu but Tort faints it. So after that i train i bit more and vist Cody again to evolve Chopper.
After that i evolve Tort into Torterra. It learns earthquake. Sweet, a strong ground move, other then the unpredictable stupid piece of Shit magetiude. So after that i go to the gym and for once Barry didnt bash into me. He says some stuff and we battle but my pokes prevail in the end. After the battle he brags that Wake the Pastoria Gym Leader took him as an apprentice. So i return to the gym for some of the toughest gym battles yet............
See told you it would be small but all well heres my team/death/boxed box.
Team
1.Tort the Torterra
lvl36
Ability Overgrowth
Item Big Root
Nature Mild
Moves-Bite
Razor Leaf
Mega Drain
Earthquake
2.Psi the Alakazam
lvl31
Ability Inner Focus
Item Odd Sense
Nature Lax
Moves-Psybeam
Reflect
Disable
Recover
3.Chopper the Machamp
lvl31
Ability No Gaurd
Item Razor Fang
Nature Relaxed
Moves-Submission
Revenge
Payback
Earthquake
4.Geo the Golem
lvl29
Ability Rock Head
Item Quick Claw
Nature Gentle
Moves-Tackle
Magnitude
Rock Polish
Rock Throw
5.Gas the Gengar
lvl28
Ability Levitate
Iteam Spell Tag
Nature Serious
Moves- Shadow
Confuse Ray
Payback
Mean Look
6.Hound the Houndour
lvl24
Ability Early Bird
Item EXP Share
Nature Lonely
Moves-Smog
Roar
Bite
Odor Sleuth
PC
1.Tobias The Togepi
2.Bell the Chingling
3.Nix the Luxio
4.Bunny the Bunneary
5.Rosey the Budew
6.Medi the Meditite
7.Duck the Psyduck
8.Wurm the Beautifly
9.Doof the Bidoof
10.Fish the Magikarp
11.Horse the Ponyta
12.Shelly the Shieldon
13.F the Unknown
14.Skull the Duskull(i was wrong its skull not dusk)
15.Bat the Crobat
16.Poly the Polygon
17.Giraf the Girafarig
18.Burm the Burmy
19Wing the Wingull
Daycare
Rose the Roselia
Icey the Evee
Holy wall of text... again o.o
Why do I have a feeling that a bunch of your Pokes have died and you're just using whichever ones you want?

no i have not and oh crap i forgot the death box.
and if i was doing that i would not let that drifloon die or the onix or the staraivia or the steelix which i had just caught even though it had modest nature

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I need msn people to talk about Pokemon with...

Anyways, don't expect any updates for my Triplelocke (yea I thought of a name for it.... just then) any time soon, as I want my story to also be at the same speed, so my Blue Scramble will be my main priority at the moment.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Update whoo

The massive explosion took me by surprise. I was knocked to the ground before catching sight of some goon giggling away to himself before sprinting away. Without a word I gave chase, rocketing after him. The poor bastard had forgot his bike to I just cruised up to him till he lost patience and battled me. Probs not the smartest thing he could have done, the battle lasted all of 10 seconds. Unfortunately this hot blonde chick distracted me and the guy got away. Anyway I decided to hit Celestic Town. Halfway there I came across the infamous Gyarados + Lightning Rod Raichu double battle. Roger and Troy teamed up with Roger attacking the Raichu while Troy attacked the Gyarados. The battle went poorly when Raichu critted Troy and Gyarados promptly Ice Fanged Roger. However Roger is a tough old bastard and survived the 4x effective move like a beast. I had to switch Roger out though to Alec while Troy finished off Raichu. With Alec and Troy out there I felt I had it in the bag. Unfortunately Ice Fangs took there toll and Troy had to switch back out to Sabre to take things on. Both Sabre and Alec took a beating but finally Gyarados fell and there had been no losses on my part. Cyrus showed up a bit later but he was crushed by Zips who had by then evolved.

With access to Surf I paid a visit to the Fuego Ironworks and caught a Magnimite there which I named Jolt. Jolt proved to be very useful as it quickly evolved twice to become a Magnezone. The check to Gyarados was also helpful. I did some training on Iron Island and then challenged Byron, master of the steel type, to a battle.

With no Fire Attacks (bar Will-o-wisp) on my team I had to rely on Zips to destroy Bronzong which it did. However when Steelix came out things got tough. Jolt got OHKOed on an accidental switch in to an Earthquake which was a big loss. Tangrowth tried to weaken Steelix however repeated Ice Fangs and Flash Cannons took there tool. In desperation I brought in Alec to burn the Iron Snake and suceeded. This lead to a minor Skirmish between Alec and Steelix while Burn weakened Steelix. However, this little Skirmish led to the the most EPIC THING EVER.

Alec was getting tired out from this Skirmish between Steelix and himself. Seeking to regain tempo a DOUBLE SWITCH occured with Maximum facing off vs Bastiodon. This match up was not in Byron's favour as a Close COmbat quickly knocked it out. This brought in Steelix and I brought in Roger to take a crack at Steelix. Despite the fears of an Ice Fang a few Earthquakes weakened Steelix for Zips the Yanmega to chip away at it with Silver Wind. Lastly, Maximum switched in after Steelix was weak enough to finish off with a devastating Close Combat finishing Steelix off.

I new badge was something to be please about but the loss of another team member had hit me (and my team) hard. Jolt had not been a part of the team for very long but it would have loved to abuse Flash Cannon. Sabre was keen to rejoin the party but I decided to keep the slot open for a possible new member. For example my Eevee in Heathome City was always an option or maybe an Ice Type further down the line?

Anyway there was a huge drama at the Lakes of Sinnoh where Saturn and Mars were beaten however the legends of the Lake had been snatched. I was sent to the Northern Lake to find Barry and also, gain my 7th Badge.

Team

Troy the Male Tangrowth
Lv 40
Docile
-Mega Drain
-Vine Whip
-AncientPower
-Stun Spore

Troy has been a steadfast member of the team. His grass attacks have been most welcome and now I can deal significant damage to the water types who plagued me after Zaps died. Troy is also my main Gyarados killer as with Ancient Power he can deal significant damage while taking hit after hit from Gyarados (he survived 2 Crit Thrashes in a row!). Best of all Troy brings this team excellent bulk with his Large HP and defence stats letting him pivot about shrugging off a hit or two.

Maximum the Male Staraptor
Lv 41
Modest
-Fly
-Aerial Ace
-U-Turn
-Close Combat

Maximum is a new addition to the team. It is my only user of fighting attacks so I forsee it of being some use in the future. It also brings its ability of Intimidate to the table which helps in cushioning hits. Maximum is also an HM slave or sorts letting me travel around in a speedy manner. The addition of U-turn to his movepool is very useful as we now makes for a very useful scout especially with intimidate. With Sabre taking a break Maximum has picked up the slack, his flying attacks becomming very useful.

Roger the Male Gliscor
Lv 42
Calm
-Slash
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Swords Dance

Roger is now one of the most reliable team members I have. His decent bulk lets him shoulder hits and Swords Dance lets him hit very hard when I need him too. He really began to shine when he learnt Earthquake and X-Scissor is just a nice bonus. Roger often sees action in the middle of a tricky match either elimminating some threat or teaming a pokemon or to enough for Maximum or Zips to take down. Roost is very likely going to be given to him as his usefulness is amazing.

Zips the female Yanmega
Lv 40
Rash
-Silver Wind
-AncientPower
-Hypnosis
-Uproar

Zips the the teams special sweeper and it does a damn good job. Its excellent speed and high special attack let it hit very hard when I need too. Zips has learnt hypnosis which gives me options when I am having trouble and Tinted Lens lets me hit everything hard even if it resists my attacks. Zips is my second fastest team member and pairs up wel with Maximum as they hit from opposite sides of the spectrum. Since evolving Zips has also recieved increased bulk letting him pivot better than Yanma which makes him all the more dangerous to my opponent. I am looking forward to him learning his power moves such as Bug Buzz and Air Slash in the future as his damage output will increase dramatically.

Alec the male Dusclops
Lv 37
Quiet
-Shadow Sneak
-Pursuit
-Will-o-Wisp
-Shadow Punch

Finally here is the leader of the team. I suppose its ironic that a ghost type is leading the team, on the other hand Alec does a great job. He has excellent bulk and can support the team will with Will-o-Wisp. Alec can also dish out a hit with a STAB Shadow Punch and even has access to priority which patches up its very low speed to some extent. He works every well with Troy as Alec can take the special attacks while Troy can take the strain from physical hits. Alec has led the team very well since Zed died. He took the loss of Jolt personally and has been a bit withdrawn but I expect he will pull himself together soon. I can always rely on Alec to help out when the chips are down and he deserves his place.

Cyro

Kirsta the female Burmy
Mike the male Zubat
Chum the female Bibarel
Jasmine the female Chansey
Alison the female Meditite
Jane the female Rhyhorn
Sabre the Male Scyther
Riolu Egg

Dead (11)

Max (Male Turtwig)
Lv 15
Adamant
-Tackle
-Withdraw
-Absorb
-Razor Leaf

Max was going so well before bad luck ended his chances of going further with me. Such a shame seeing as I had hoped that he would be useful in latter matches.

Kyle (Male Bronzor)
Lv 23
Gentle
-Extrasensory
-Hypnosis
-Confuse Ray
-Confusion

Kyle had proven to be a nice pivot and defensive supporter of the team before bad luck meant that he had to be sacrificed to defeat Roserade. He was a big loss and I will struggle to replace him.

Rose (Female Budew)
Lv 16
Jolly
-Mega Drain
-Absorb
-Stun Spore
-Worry Seed

Rose was another casualty to fall against Roserade. It was sacrificed to weaken Roserade enough for a free switch to be granted and so that Aaron could grab a clean KO. Rose had potential to act as a needed grass type but alas, it was not to be.

Paul the Bidoof
Lv 4
Careful
-Cut
-Rock Smash
-Tackle

Paul was killed by Mars, sacing itself for a free switch. It was a sad loss although not a huge one in the big scheme of things being my HM slave and all

Aaron the male Buizel
Lv 21
Hasty
-Water Gun
-Aqua jet
-Pursuit
-Swift

Aaron was the victim of bad luck. He was my best check to the Geodude and Onix at that stage of the game and I switched him in too suddenly and he died to a Magnitude 9. I was very upset with this as he had just learnt Aqua Jet had had been set to be the powerhouse I had trained him to be. It was so unfair...

Zap the Male Luxio
Lv 29
Naive
-Spark
-Swagger
-Charge
-Bite

The team leader for awhile and team powerhouse you will be sadly missed. Sacrifing yourself to take down Mismagius proved too much and thus you gave your life so that I could continue. You worked very hard after Max died and you should be commended. I am truly sorry you had to die.

Nick the Male Cranidos
Lv 23
Adamant
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit
-Take Down
-Scary Face

Despite a barren movepool you would hit like a truck with that massive attack stat. You took over the team leadership after Zapds died and you were a fucking superhuman at picking up where Zaps left off, taking down both Mismagius and Haunter almost single-handily. The victim of a double target in a double battle proved to be your undoing which was not really fair since you were going so well. Sorely missed

Kazza the Male Kadabra
Lv 27
Quiet
-Psybeam
-Confusion
-Disable
-Miracle Eye

again Kazza you were another victim of a double battle where you switched in to save the rest of your team (I believe it was Alec and Roger facing the Ponyta and Rapidash at the time). You massive Psychic powers will be missed. You always provided wisdom to help Nick lead while you were content to destroy opposing threats (kinda what Sabre is doing now for Alec). Had I done things differently I have no doubt you would still be at my side and you would be making things so much easier with your power and speed. Goodbye old friend.

Zed the Male Kirlia
Lv 24
Naive
-Confusion
-Double Team
-Magical Leaf
-Lucky Chant

You were a mission to train up but your potential was huge but alas, not realised. You tried to take Kazza's role after he died but I think it proved too much for you to handle. You did however, weaken Lickitung to the point where Roger and Sabre could beat it and for that, I will be always grateful.

Jessie the male Togatic
Lv 24
Naughty
-Yawn
-Charm
-Metronome
-Encore

You my friend, were the perfect supporter. Your classic support moves helping my team overcome difficult opponents and thus carry on. Even as a Togepi, you weakened Haunter to the point where Nick could survive a hit and OHKO. Without you, the team would not be where it is today. I dragged you out of cryo to support the team after the losses of Nick and Kazza, perhaps you were just not yet ready for full time service. You died after trying to support Zed in that fateful double battle though at least you never saw Zed fall soon after you. Your supporting skills will not be forgotten.

Jolt the Magnezone
Naughty
Lv 38
-Spark
-Magnet Bomb
-SonicBoom
-Thunder Wave

Jolt was the new member of the party. Granted, his attacks came of his low attack stat but he was very useful and could have been very useful if he had gone on. His back up support was always welcome although sadly, he did not make a huge impact on the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)