SM NU NU Balanced Offence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been toying around with this balanced offense (or so I'd like to call it) team for a couple of days, and I have actually gotten some fairly surprising results (granted, I am rather low on the ladder).

Edit: The images I had didn't appear on the thread. Sorry

Here is the team:

Totem (Xatu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Roost
- Psyshock

Xatu was the first pokemon I put on this team. Originally he was going to have a calm mind set, but after a few games I noticed that he never really got a chance to set up. Xatu is just all around a great utility. He controls hazards with magic bounce, is relatively hard to kill with his current set, and with U-Turn can easily switch out to another pokemon. All of Xatu's set mostly focuses on supporting the rest of the team.

feel the burn (Delphox) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Delphox is a great sweaper. I went with a scarf set so I could have a shell smash omastar check. Delphox also helps check pokemon like vikavolt, accelgor, hitmonlee/top, rotom-m, seismatoad, toxicroak and many more. Fire Blast is an all around great move, with 110 base power+stab+highSpATK. It destroys most pokemon, in 1 or 2 hits. Psychic is a great check for most fighting pokemon, although generally I will use archeops for fighting checks. Grass Know is one of the teams few seismatoad checks. Dazzling Gleam was just a filler that turned out to be very helpful at times.

Ancient Fossil (Archeops)
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

I was looking for more U-Turn pokemon to put on the team and came across Archeops. I realized that he could cover some weaknesses the team had so far, such as Emboar. He deals all around great damage, especially with stab+acrobatics, and can easily switch out with u-turn.

Lil' Devil (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Moonblast
- Substitute

I always have fun using whimsicott, and it went with the team rather well. With it being a relatively balanced team I needed a toxic/leech seed staller and whimsi fits that roll perfectly. It helps check slowbro and pokemon like it, which so far the team is rather weak to. Moonblast helps to quicken the kill speed if whimsi's substitute lasts for more than one turn, and the rest of the set is self explanatory.

Fat Ol' Toad (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I needed a stealth rocker, and Seismitoad is one of my favorite pokemon. Toxic helps start whimsi's job early. Seismitoad helps check opposing incineroars, delphoxes, emboars, garbadors, and houndooms.

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The final pokemon on the team is Incineroar. Originally I had accelgor in his spot, but I found that Incineroar covered more weak spots than accelgor. Incineroar also has U-Turn, which in my opinion always helps. He checks specs vikavolt, Accelgor, dephox, mismagius, and a couple other pokes.

Conclusion: The team has served me all around pretty well. It definitely has some areas to improve in, but it is a fun team to play with, and can win 70% battles I use it in. The team does take a little bit of skill to be able to play, but for the most part it is a relatively straight forward, easy to play team.

Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)