NP: UU - Bye Bye Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attempted to use Electivire in a few LNTs in Season 2(.1). It was freaking terrible, man. For one thing, Gyarados was always forced in too early and then Electivire would basically have to use its one chance to sweep, only to run into Flygon or Rotom or Latias or some retarded Scarfer. It's just not worth the effort.

More people need to use Sandstorm. It's a pretty fun playstyle to run in UU, and while the useless as hell Hippotas is a drag, you get free stealth rocks / death fodder.

I mean Rock Polish Aggron becomes a lot better in SS because he isn't OHKO by Surf and that gets you the 2HKO on Milotic and friends.

It's an neglected playstyle that more people should play.
PS: If Hippotas gets down rocks and toxic's something it deserves a standing ovation.

Edit: Are we talking about Cresselia now? (Shudders) the terrible memories...

From the SS teams I have faced, I don't see how they are fun at all.

They all revolve around toxi stalling you with cradily or some crap like shuckle. Hell, if you face a SS team, you can probably look at your team to see if you can break through cradily, and then either play for 30 mins or just forfeit right there.

SS is boring as shit (well i guess stall guys might like it) and I have yet to seee someone use a more offensive one.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I attempted to use Electivire in a few LNTs in Season 2(.1). It was freaking terrible, man. For one thing, Gyarados was always forced in too early and then Electivire would basically have to use its one chance to sweep, only to run into Flygon or Rotom or Latias or some retarded Scarfer. It's just not worth the effort.
Gyara isn't the only thing in the world that can attract lighting. Suicune, Togekiss, Vaporeon, and others can actually take an Electric move or two before they go down, so even if your opponent knows you have Evire, you could probably screw around with them and exchange blows before you bring in your haymaker. Scizor is a good partner for this guy because it can just Uturn off of walls all match and Electivire gets to handle the rest. Flygon and Rotom are the biggest obstacles you'll face because they're the only things Scizor doesn't get easy Uturns off of, so you need a way to lure them in and get rid of them early.

The problem with Rotom is that it's probably going to be the only thing on your opponent's team firing off Tbolts, so it really needs to be almost dead for Evire to do anything. :/

Anyway, I'm gonna work on an Electivire team, just to re-familiarize myself with it. I know it's not as bad as people say, I've pulled off some pretty good sweeps with it before, and if I can do it again, I can shut them up good.

EDIT:
Code:
 47 | Heracross  |  34195 |    3.19
Oh shit, guys. :(

No more OU in the UU megathread unless is relates directly to the UU metagame, and this most certainly doesn't :\

So, do those who voted in the uu suspect thread get the green tick badge?
In order to get the green tick badge you must actually vote on a suspect and have your paragraph accepted. Nominations do not count as a vote.

Finally, sandstorm is really, really fun to play. I think I can recall a team that had basically five Bulbasaurs + RestTalk Cradily and it had a decent record. Cradily is something you have to prepare for just as much as anything else. I don't know if anyone remembers my sand team (I do!) but I believe it wasn't as defensive as you guys are making sand sound.

They all revolve around toxi stalling you with cradily or some crap like shuckle. Hell, if you face a SS team, you can probably look at your team to see if you can break through cradily, and then either play for 30 mins or just forfeit right there.

SS is boring as shit (well i guess stall guys might like it) and I have yet to seee someone use a more offensive one.
Curse Regirock and Curse / Swords Dance Cradily, Cacturne, Leech Seed Torterra, and Baton Pass Gligar are all offensively-minded SS abusers. I imagine the Curse users are the only ones who really justify the use of Hippopotas, though. I've never been able to use offensive SS effectively, though. Hail is much more promising for a perma-weather offense concept, IMO, because you get to abuse 100% accurate Blizzard. I've seen a couple of people do Blizzard-spam effectively, though it's a bit gimmicky because certain pokemon your opponent might have will shit all over it (Registeel, Chansey, in my case - Articuno).

I think Heracross would be way too beastly in UU. Rhyperior is more of just a pure offensive juggernaut, but it suffers from very common 4x and 2x weaknesses while also being slower than frickin' Hariyama.
Heracross, on the other hand, has pretty great typing, and out speeds the common base 80's in the tier. he can also "bring the pain" well enough, off of his tremendous attack and dual 120bp stabs.
I just feel that Hera's combination of speed, power, and relative decent survivability(solid special bulk, especially) would be too much for most of UU to handle, whereas Rhyperior can be checked well enough with most teams, via standard moves such as EQ, Aqua Jet, grass attacks, low kick, etc.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sweet, our thread WON'T die. We finally have SOMETHING to strive for. I am so running SD Cross.

You've got to actually USE one though. You can totally play the offense game (Aggron, Rhyperior)
There IS someone who ran an offensive SS. Haven't the foggiest who it is personally though... :P

What do you guys think about a possible BL Metagame? I think it could possibly be fun, granted after a few more Pokemon from OU drop down and a voted to BL. It doesn't seem like it'd be any more overcentralised than Ubers, with random pokes from the lower tiers finding niches.

SJCrew

I can't believe you guys are even considering the possibility Heracross might fit into UU... Go ahead and play some Suspect games with CB Hera. I guarantee you it'll break almost every wall there is without even trying.

I'm not looking forward to putting Weezing on all of my teams. :(

hera: oh hey im sd sorry

weezing: FUCK

EDIT: WTF Weezing's Flamethrower is a 3HKO. Fire Blast isn't even a guaranteed 2HKO...

SJCrew

flamethrower and fire blast deal well over half to leafeon, what are you smoking

add toxicroak and just about every non-subseeding grass type to that list too

Good luck trying to get past Weezing with something like Feraligatr/Azumarill/Scyther/Hitmonlee/Torterra/put something i forgot here too.
It's walling abilities are enough to keep some dangerous pokes at bay. Enough IMO.

I can't believe you guys are even considering the possibility Heracross might fit into UU... Go ahead and play some Suspect games with CB Hera. I guarantee you it'll break almost every wall there is without even trying.

I'm not looking forward to putting Weezing on all of my teams. :(

hera: oh hey im sd sorry

weezing: FUCK

EDIT: WTF Weezing's Flamethrower is a 3HKO. Fire Blast isn't even a guaranteed 2HKO...
QFT... banded hera is THE hera to use (in OU at least). That fucker brings the pain

So the posts will change from pointless arguing to complaining about how broken Heracross is. Save this thread please Heracross!
...and complaining about complaining about ... about complaining! YEAH!

But seriously, let's get to September before talking about Heracross. It's eluded UU for so long now that I honestly doubt that it will ever actually make it in.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Low enough to move down to UU...

Heracross is a seriously underrated Pokemon, and it could shine in UU, in a similar way to Rhyperior.
Ya because Rhyperior is so broken....so much like Heracross. Honestly Heracross has so many sets that can just tear through the metagame. Choice Band, but more importantly SD. I want to see the metagame with it though, same with tentacruel :X

I'll be running band arcanine on all my teams >_>

Remember everyone, unless Hera is Scarfed (Which means it has no way of breaking Weezing aside crit Stone Edges... which is bad), it is most likely SD. SD means it uses a turn to set up. Switch in Swellow on that turn, and they are fucked.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
And of course if it's banded or opens with a Close Combat or Stone Edge (like it would under the control of a smart player), that plan will result in you being utterly fucked. It's the same argument people used against Raikou and it still doesn't work because it relies on you being better at prediction than the opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)