SM OU No Megas Needed: My First RMT

Introduction

Hello, smogon. This is my first attempt at a rate my team, and I hope you guys enjoy it. It's a little weird, but I will do my best to explain my choices in Pokemon.

Teambuilding Process

First up is Bewear. Bewear is an absolute monster in my opinion. First off, its ability fluffy makes it titanically bulky physically, and it has a lot of HP, which makes it bulky in that sense, and it has great attack.

Ah, yes, Blacephalon. While only being added into the game a couple of days ago, Blacephalon has already been proven to be an absolute monster.

Chansey is amazing for this set, for multiple reasons, but mostly because it reliably walls most Pokemon with efficiency.

Landorus is a powerhouse in OU. A must have on any team in my opinion.

The Tapu Fini set I'm running is a little interesting, but it actually has proven to work very well.

Magearna is surprisingly bulky, and has a lot of coverage moves.

The Team

Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 168 HP / 116 Atk / 96 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
As I said before, Bewear is actually really good despite being in UU. Its ability Fluffy allows it to tank hits physically without needing to invest in Defense at all. While this does give it a 4x weakness to Fire, it can just switch out in most situations, and there aren't even that many Fire types in the current meta. Leftovers along with Drain Punch allows it to recover after Substitute. Earthquake is used in the cases where Bewear outspeeds a Fire type. Shadow Claw is also coverage for Ghost types.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
Blacephalon is way too good for OU in my opinion. Choice Specs allows it to boost its already impressive Special Attack stat, and investing fully in both Special Attack and Speed allows it to be an amazing sweeper. Flamethrower is a decent STAB option that doesn't kill it when it's trapped into one move. Mind Blown can kill basically any Pokemon in the game, for the most part. Since it takes 50% of Blacephalon's health, it is smart not to use it unless you think you're going to be able to pick up a kill. Shadow Ball lets it hit Ghost types, and Psychic provides decent coverage.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish
Chansey has a titanic HP stat, and while it lacks Special Defense and Defense, Eviolite has proven to be an effective way to make this Pokemon fit with the current meta. Natural Cure allows it to cure its status, which is good for obvious reasons. Seismic Toss hits surprisingly hard on low-HP mons, and Toxic lets it get a status on Pokemon that need to be taken care of. Wish and Protect are good together for obvious reasons, but Wish allows you to switch into Blacephalon after using Mind Blown for some extra sweeping. Protect improves the longevity of Chansey, and allows you to stall out Toxic.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Landorus is so good for everything that it's ridiculous. Earthquake hits like a truck, Stealth Rock allows for chip damage on a Pokemon, U-Turn allows it to switch out when threatened, and HP Ice gives it coverage to a surprising range of things. Overall probably the best pokemon in the meta.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Defog
As I said earlier, I'm running a little bit of a strange Tapu Fini set. Scald and Moonblast are standard, but Defog and Taunt may seem a little weird. Since Tapu Fini likes switching into attacks because of its surprising bulk, Defog allows it to clear hazards easily. Taunt completely kills setup sweepers, and even a Chansey set similar to the one above. I made this set back when stall was the meta, but it still works even with the current meta.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
Magearna is incredibly bulky. The most damage I've seen it take in one hit is 30%, and that's because I misclicked. Fleur Cannon is wildly powerful, but use it sparingly. HP Fire provides coverage to some threats. Volt Switch is good for when Magearna is threatened, and finally Flash Cannon is obviously a very good STAB move.

Conclusion

I spent a lot of time making this team and I hope you guys like it! I am of course open to suggestions, since this is a very off-meta team. I considered Mega BandTar for this team, but I decided it was good where it's at. I left the importable down below so you guys can try the team out. Please send me replays and let me know how the team works!

Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 168 HP / 116 Atk / 96 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

You have a great team. The only change I would recommend Is that you should switch Scald with Nature Madness on Fini.

Scald will be useless most if the time because misty terrain prevents Scald's burn.
.And you can cripple Walls pokemon like Celesteela , Ferrorthorn with Nature Madness by cutting their Half HP on.

And good luck with your team. ^_^

I have noticed that your team is considerably weak to scarf victini, with it outspeeding and OHKOing Bewear, magearna, and blacephalon(Needs rocks or chip on blace tho), as well as doing great damage to fini(252 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 208-246 (60.6 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). Even chansey will have to be careful switching in
(252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 324-382 (46 - 54.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock).
And lastly, Landorus has a 25% chance of losing 1 on 1.
(0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 300-354 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO)
(0 SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 220-260 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)
Now obviously you are not going to be swept by Victini. But it puts you in a very annoying position, having to keep blace at 100%, and, like you said, Lando is one of the best in the tier, and that is why EVERYONE brings something to counter it. So I would put something that counters victini on your team, such as Heatran, or latios. Or that Mega BandTar that you considered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)