NFL Weekly Predictions Challenge

Man last week suuucked...and this one will promise to suck as well, given that quite a few teams will be resting starters, which skews their whole performance...sigh.

Im gonna drop out, since I didn;t do last week thanks to vacation (my fault) and I've stopped paying attention to football now that Miami is eliminated from playoff contention. And I did pretty badly regardless, so whatever.

Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffaro at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
New York Giants at Washington
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Tennessee at Indianapolis
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

changing my mind, dallas is going to win because philly will proly rest starters

Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffalo at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffaro at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffaro at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffaro at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffalo at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffaro at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffalo at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
New York Giants at Washington - rex grossman take the giants to hell
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

playing it risky, i'm at the bottom of the list anyway probably

Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffaro at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

Miami at New England: Pointless game for Patriots to bother risking their starters to, and Miami players are on exhibition mode to avoid pink slips, so I'd expect them to play hard

Minnesota at Detroit: Why not? They downed the Eagles, and Lions suck still

Pittsburgh at Cleveland: Not really expecting Steelers to use their starters the whole game, but enough to put the Browns away so they can try to secure a bye, otherwise their dreaded rival Ravens would get it

Oakland at Kansas City: With injuries, plus nothing to play for since there's no way they can move to #2 seed, I expect Chiefs to just rest and let Oakland get a pointless win

Carolina at Atlanta: At home, plus they have the #1 seed and a bye to motivate them to using starters to win against a shitty Panthers team

Buffaro at New York Jets: Even if the Jets are resting their starters because there's no real point in playing them, I still expect them to beat lowly Bills

Cincinnati at Baltimore: Expecting them to play starters as well since they have a chance at stealing the Steeler's spot if Cleveland unexpectedly gets hot, and probably should win regardless. Lol Bengals after all

Tampa Bay at New Orleans: Not expecting much from the Saints since there's no practical way the Falcons would give up their spot for the Saints to move into, so instead I'm rooting for TB for their playoff chances against bandwagon favorites (at least here) Giants and Packers, as impossible as it is

New York Giants at Washington: Expect Giants to come out hard here with their playoff chances on the line, plus you know...Grossman lol

Jacksonville at Houston: Jaguars will definitely be going all in and trying to fight for their lives while praying the Colts slip up against Titans so they can steal their spot

San Diego at Denver: Denver as a whole sucks, plus Chargers need to learn to win games earlier in the season

Arizona at San Francisco: No Singletary :(

Dallas at Philadelphia: Kinta is out I think, and while Vick may be out as well, they have more than adequate backup plans in Kolb. So even if Eagles really have nothing to gain from a win (besides momentum), they should be able to beat a Dallas team with no real QB.

Tennessee at Indianapolis: Pretty much a must-win for the Colts, otherwise Jaguars can steal their spot. Plus, Titans are icky

Chicago at Green Bay: Since the Bears's chances at the #1 spot are so slim (Falcons and Saints both losing when both are playing for positioning against horrible teams), I don't see Bears feeling the need to play their starters, thus allowing GB to win and likely capture the wild card spot over Giants. However, should Falcons/Saints lose...I fully expect Bears to come out firing then for a chance at #1.

St Louis at Seattle - Unless Rams majorly fuck up (Seattle is bad away and at home), they should have this locked up

Miami at New England
Minnesota at Detroit
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Carolina at Atlanta
Buffalo at New York Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Philadelphia
Chicago at Green Bay
St Louis at Seattle

For the love of God...I was out of town this past week, and forgot entirely about this. Ah, well...wasn't like I was doing particularly well anyway.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well folks, the competition is over! I have updated the intro post to include the final standings and top placements. It was an interesting final two weeks, with Week 16 providing the most drama as most of the field had an off week (except me hehe). With the universal slide in Week 16, the race got much tighter and I was able to sneak my way into the top 3. Week 17 saw most of the field rebound, particularly tad38's 14-2 and kd24's 13-3, allowing them to slip into 4th and 3rd places, respectively.

Unexpectedly, we ended up having a TIE for the overall winner! Over the final two weeks, Stallion was able to regain 3 games on Somebody and finish with the same 143-81 record (.638), making them both our first place winners! Guess this means DM has to give two ZJs...

In second place, we ended up having a three way tie. WaterBomb, taking advantage of others' mistakes in Week 16, jumped up into a tie with slumping danmantincan. Bungalow Bill managed to recover nicely from his poor Week 16 performance and take the third spot in the 2nd place tie. All three contestants finished with records of 141-83, or a .629 win percentage.

In third place was kd24, not having to share with anyone else due to his impressive 13-3 mark in the final week. He finished at 140-84, a .625 win percentage.

And now for the awards! I will give out a few random awards based on trends I notice in the standings:

Most Improved - After a slow start and spending considerable time at the bottom of the pack, theamericandream38 began a late season charge that dug him out of the depths and landed him all the way in a tie for 4th place. Coincidentally this change in momentum occurred right about the time he stopped predicting the Vikings to win. Irony much? Well done tad38, you're an inspiration to us all.

Most Consistent - This award goes to two people: Somebody and Slyguy46. Somebody had a rather pedestrian start to the season, but picked up momentum in Week 6 and never looked back. He managed to stay at or above .500 in all weeks but one, and was consistently at 10 wins or better for most of the final 8 weeks. As for Slyguy46, he picked his median and stayed as close to it as possible. Mentioned earlier in the season for his unusually long string of 8 win weeks, it's natural that he would win the consistency award.

Best Week - this award also goes to Slyguy46. In Week 11 of the season, Slyguy46 managed a staggering 15-1 record. Honorable mention goes to kd24, the only other contestant to achieve a week with only a single miss (12-1 in Week 9).

Bipolar - This award goes to Fabbles. 0-14, 4-10, 12-4, 11-2, this guy had quite the roller coaster season. However, he stuck with it til the end and never stopped fighting. Great effort Fabbles!

Best Streak - Stallion was the only player to reach 10 wins or better in each of the last 7 weeks of the season. This run in no small part helped him get into 1st place. Honorable mention goes to Slyguy46, who earlier in the season notched 5 weeks in a row with exactly 8 wins. *clap clap clap*

Well that about does it for the awards. Great season guys, and thank you for following the rules and respecting other players. Next year I'll make sure to have this up in time for the first week of the season. I'm toying with the idea of a playoff prediction challenge. Anyone interested?

Thanks to Waterbomb for hosting this, I look forward to the playoff edition, and congrats to Somebody and Stallion for winning this!
I just wish I could redo those last two weeks...

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Let's see.... I went 10-6 in the final week, giving me a grand total of 119-73. That is a winning percentage of 62%. If I held that percentage and started on time I would be 4th place right behind kd24. Not too shabby.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Stallion clutch down the stretch! Pretty happy that a born and bred Australian won an American's game lol.

Anyway thanks for hosting WaterBomb, I had a lot of fun predicting this season. Also congrats Somebody for finishing equal first :)

where my zj at?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)