New UU List (September 2010)

Question!

Would Medicham be a good replacement for Primeape?

Sure the stats aren't nearly as good, but i think that a choice band / scarf, max attack and speed ev'd, and adamant / jolly medicham wouldn't be all that bad of a replacement.

What do ya'll think?

Question!

Would Medicham be a good replacement for Primeape?

Sure the stats aren't nearly as good, but i think that a choice band / scarf, max attack and speed ev'd, and adamant / jolly medicham wouldn't be all that bad of a replacement.

What do ya'll think?
It's not really his stats, its Cham's lack of U-turn.

Yeah, I agree. If Heracross had access to U-Turn it would be one of the most effective Revenge Killers, and it would still be OU, Imo.

is it just me or is heracross extremely underwhelming? It can't even switch in on registeel or clefable due to twave. It has shit physical bulk and isnt much better on the special side. Too slow to be sweeper as well. As long as you keep offensive momentum, heracross wont even get a look in. Anyway, sub + 3 attack alakazam (or any zam for that matter) is gonna have a field day with all the houndoom and weezing running around ^.^

breh

強いだね
is it just me or is heracross extremely underwhelming? It can't even switch in on registeel or clefable due to twave. It has shit physical bulk and isnt much better on the special side. Too slow to be sweeper as well. As long as you keep offensive momentum, heracross wont even get a look in. Anyway, sub + 3 attack alakazam (or any zam for that matter) is gonna have a field day with all the houndoom and weezing running around ^.^
Key idea is not to switch in onto something but to switch it in on something once something has died, set up a sub, and then do whatever you want from there

With Slowking back Magmortar will surely drop significantly. Regirock will also be interesting as I have never played with it in NU before and am curious to see what it can do. It is also nice to see Poliwrath back in the metagame, but I do not think it will go so well with Slowking in it.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It sounds like you're really not used to using Heracross. You don't blindly switch ANY sweeper in on a wall because the first thing they're going to try and do is status. Once Hera's Orb is activated, Clefable and Registeel are complete jokes. More plausible initial switch-ins would be stuff like...damn near every Fighting type in UU, Torterra, Omastar, etc.

And Heracross's Sp. Def is actually pretty amazing for a sweeper. A lot of its switch-ins in OU are special attacking walls like Celebi and Suicune, who were basically free invitations for it to start spamming Megahorn.

Taking 35.8% - 42.1% from 0 SpA milotic's surf isnt my definition of amazing Sp. Def, even for a sweeper. alakazam, who we can all agree is frail as fuck, takes 46.8% - 55.2%, which isnt that much better.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For a sweeper, that's 1-2 more turns to attack, especially for Hera, who takes 6% from Poison on a one-shot deal. Also, Alakazam has no good resistances, no defense, and has a couple of 100% counters that will keep him from from ever going BL. It's not about the defenses, it's about the Pokemon. Hera hits like a truck and can come in on sp. att based walls like cake walk and kill almost anything that comes in. Zam can switch in on Milo all he wants, but he's either going to fail to KO, take a Surf, and die, or Tomb is going to come in and remove him from the match.

I know a lot of UU players are going to be trying really, really hard to counter it, but once we look back on this a few weeks from now, we're going to realize exactly how much damage this beetle caused to the UU metagame, even if we all built semi-sucessful specialized teams to prevent that.

Be careful what you wish for...

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Alakazam isn't as easy to outspeed as Heracross. At least for my team, if my scarf goes down, I'm in for a world of hurt against Alakazam.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Even if Heracross 'blindly' switches into T-Wave, which it shouldn't if you play carefully or lure Registeel with something like Sub Mismagius, it's still gonna get a few opportunities to fire off powerful Guts-boosted STAB moves.

Taking 35.8% - 42.1% from 0 SpA milotic's surf isnt my definition of amazing Sp. Def, even for a sweeper. alakazam, who we can all agree is frail as fuck, takes 46.8% - 55.2%, which isnt that much better.
Milotic's physical bulk is 95/79 compared to Heracross' 80/95 special bulk. So yeah, if you've ever used 252 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic, you have no right to say that Heracross has bad Special Def.

Milotic's physical bulk is 95/79 compared to Heracross' 80/95 special bulk. So yeah, if you've ever used 252 HP/252 Def Bold Milotic, you have no right to say that Heracross has bad Special Def.
what.... if you wanna compare like that,

Milotic has great SpDef, Hera has shit ass Def
Milotic has good Def, Hera has mediocre SpDEf

Unless you wanna run 252hp/252 Sp.Def hera, in which case, good on ya.

a little late to the party, but wow, uu hera... probably won't last, but we'll see. It kicked major ass in OU, now i wanna see how it does in UU.
All the people sad about losing primeape now have a new scarfed fighting type

wut

Hera's SDef unEV'd > Milotic's Def unEV'd.

the point is Hera's special bulk is pretty good for a wallbreaker/sweeper, not that you can wall with Hera.

You can't be serious... we talk about pokemon, which with 248 HP/24 SpD spread with no boosting nature (standard for Ubers Choice Bander) survives ScarfPalkias Surf under rain once. So I really can't say that Heracross SpD is mediocre, because it isn't. And if you look in UU standards, then it looks at least decent. For example good enough for RestTalk Bulk Up, especially in UU (when it works decently in OU).

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I'll never forget how specially bulky Hera is from playing Advance. That bastard survives Starmie's STAB Psychic and 1HKO's back with Megahorn :[

I'll never forget how specially bulky Hera is from playing Advance. That bastard survives Starmie's STAB Psychic and 1HKO's back with Megahorn :[
Timid LO Starmie will OHKO even a max+spdef hera with rocks down about half the time.

Advance didn't have Life Orb, remember that :P

Anyway, he still dies to pretty much any Fire type faster than it (OHKO'd by timid Moltres flamethrower while 4x resisting his primary STAB), so he's easily revenge killed by pretty much everything. He DOES break Milotic though, which means we can FINALLY get past that bitch that stalls out 90% of the meta.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
What Ohko? You got your calcs wrong dude!

LO Starmy Hydropump vs. Max/Max Heracross: 44% - 51.9

Guaranteed 2hko with SR though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)