New UU List (May 2010)

Until the April stats, I really thought Jumpluff was going to UU. It just has to. Gen2 it was OU. Gen3 it was BL. Let's bring it to UU so it'll follow the pattern of dropping one tier every generation. People need to start using it more.
Working on it, along with Lopunny.

With Umbreon gone I'm gonna love using Mismagius more, especially since it can set up on Slowking. Missy for #1 people!

I know there is a God, because Umbreon is GONE!!!!!1
As long as i am alive, hera will never fall!!!
Hmm, NU gets 2 toxispikes back, and a decent spiker. Expect Espeon to be even more broken, and magmortar to rock without slowking to stop it. Glad Drifblim is back, hes always gonna be the best NU sweeper.

I am stupid.
Thank RBG!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is Umbreon used so much that it is OU?? It is probably the biggest bit of setup fodder ever. So many noobs playing OU!! Anyway, I don't care one bit, Umbreon was always an annoying piece of crap anyway.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is Umbreon used so much that it is OU?? It is probably the biggest bit of setup fodder ever. So many noobs playing OU!! Anyway, I don't care one bit, Umbreon was always an annoying piece of crap anyway.
Electivire is OU.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, when used correctly, that means when these conditions are met:
-Your opponent is not a noob
-Your opponent plays badly in that match
-Your opponent has no idea what Umbreon can do
-Umbreon Mean Looks something that isn't threatening (Which is unlikely)

Basically, if you want to use Umbreon properly, it's basically the same as Belly Drum passing with Smeargle. Yes, you can win, but it's very, very situational.

Heh, you know what I mean.

Working on it, along with Lopunny.

With Umbreon gone I'm gonna love using Mismagius more, especially since it can set up on Slowking. Missy for #1 people!
Let's do this people, not as a joke like that Magikarp thing in Ubers but to actually prove that Jumpluff deserves a seat in UU. Lopunny is a very good lead so why not use her too? Rally up people!

I already have my UU and NU teams updated! Poor Froslass and Umbreon though. :(
Had to replace those two. And thank god Raikous gone! Amiright?
And Nidoqueen and Qwilfish and Drifblim are down in NU, thank god!
And slowking is up to UU, HAHA!!!!!!! Never liked going against slowking in NU.
R.I.P Froslass and Umbreon, Mismagius will avenge thy death of umbreon.

Umbreon's loss saddens me, now I have to find another viable UU curser :(.

Well on the plus side for NUers, Drifbilm is back in NU. The trade-off through is the loss of Slowking, now people will have to search for another Fire-type counter (Magmortar, Typlosion, etc.)

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If NU players are in need of a fire-type counter, try Grumpig or Miltank with Thick Fat. Alternatively, try Thick Fat Walrein for physically oriented ones or for Charizard (magmortar fucks it with tbolt)

Good f***cking riddance to curse umbreon.. most annoying POS in UU. Bout time things were evened out, with offensive pokes being booted over and over.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was kind of expecting Magmortar to get bumped up to UU actually...dunno why I had that feeling. Lol maybe it was because I've used it extensively for the past 3 weeks...it's quite a monster against stall.

Slowking leaving NU is so horribly bad. Especially with all these Fighters + Fire types, who Slowking was a solid check for. Not to mention being excellent at spreading paralysis since lol Ground types switching into Slowking.

Drifblim Nido and Qwilfish were NU earlier, so I'm not too sure if theyd cause so much of a difference, but atleast Nidoqueen wont have to worry about Slowking. And I guess it can make a decent check to Hitmonchan if it avoids Ice Punch.

I'm kinda excited about Drifblim now that I think about it, especially since it could be intrumental in passing an Unburden Liechi boost to the KINGler.

Oh and now no one can oppose the fact that Kingler is the true KING of NU!

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Wow. Magmortar is totally going to wreck NU now.

I am going to have to build some new NU teams. ChestoRest Drifblim is so good.

April statistics:
51 | Miltank | 5392 | 3.91
52 | Slowking | 5368 | 3.89

March statistics:
50 | Miltank | 4814 | 3.87
60 | Slowking | 3495 | 2.81

February statistics:
47 | Miltank | 4377 | 4.02
70 | Slowking | 2575 | 2.37

Granted, Slowking has been climbing up rapidly, but Miltank has been consistently above the UU cutoff point of 3.4, and even in April ended up higher.

Why is it still NU while Slowking isn't? I'm honestly very curious about this.

im so happy froslass and raikou are gone. NU is gonna be awful, with fire types taking complete control of the metagame. I just wish magmortar had gone up...

In uu were gonna see milotic everywhere. Can't wait to build a missy team

Yay Rai and Lass are gone from UU for the rest of Gen IV. Umbreon leaving is sad, I was looking forward to using Curse Sucker Punch. Oh well, at least this round will be fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)