New idea for smogon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello smogon users I have this great idea for smogon that could help. What if there was a smogon app for iphones? I have to have WiFi i order to see smogon but if someone creates a smogon app you'll have more views,more members,and it would helps noobs out like me and other people. Thank you for seeing thread.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have to have WiFi i order to see smogon but if someone creates a smogon app you'll have more views,more members,and it would helps noobs out like me and other people.
I'm not sure what you mean by this statement; if Smogon had an app that let you browse the forums, it would require internet.

The way I understand it works out is there's really no point. If you were to be able to see all the analyses and the entire forum offline, the app would be enormous. The forums and main site already load fast on wifi, so an app won't help streamline speed. With little benefit, there are not many programmers willing to invest time in making such a thing.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
V0x is right. While there are benefits to having a Smogon App for iPhone, we don't have enough programmers to make it a reality. Furthermore, Smogon's programmers are already busy with other pieces of business that have more benefits than a Smogon App. Smogon content is relatively easy to view through a phone anyways, so there isn't an urgent need for this immediately.

Thanks for the idea though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)