New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread Mk. 5

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
First thread
Second thread
Third thread
Previous thread

Note that any and all movesets posted in this thread must be for use in the OU metagame, regardless of the tier of the Pokemon in question. If you wish to post a set for use in any other tier please use the relevant thread in the relevant subforum.

Links to the Creative Movesets Threads in the other tiers:
Ubers
UU
Little Cup

NU movesets are also permitted here on account of that metagame not having its own subforum. However, you may get a better response in this thread.

Discussion Rules:

1: Use the readable format to display your movesets or EV spreads. An example would be:

Pokemon Name:(Adding pictures may make it easier to read and visually appealing, however, all pics must come from here)
Moveset Name:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Item:
Ability:
Nature(s):
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, damage calcs...etc

2: Do not repeat movesets already mentioned in previous posts. If you do not know if a moveset has already been mentioned use the "Search this Thread" before simply posting.

3: Note that this thread is for sets that you've actually tried at least a few times, not something that "might work". If you think something has potential, you can be bothered to use it before subjecting everyone else to it.

6: This is for competitive, serious movesets only. Don't post joke sets.

7: Post a description along with your moveset. This should be obvious.

8. If the set appears to be outclassed by another Pokemon then be sure to explain why your set should be used.

9. Do not repost questions that have already received a sufficient answer

Failure to follow the rules will result in your post being deleted and possibly infracted. This thread will now be under close moderator surveillance so I recommend actually following the rules, especially Rule 3.

Thanks.

Combined a few sets to try a make a decent smeargle lead that can pick up a kill while setting up for the team, came up with this, probably not the most original thing ever, but shows Smeargle isn't just a BP whore:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Endeavor Lead
Jolly / Timid Nature

-Spore
-Substitute
-Stealth Rock / U-Turn
-Endeavor

EVs - 96HP / 252 Speed / 156 Attack

The idea is to come in and Spore on the first turn, because even if the opposing pokemon is faster than you, Smeargle will hang on with Focus Sash. The only time I switch out is when I expect a Status from something faster than me. Anyway, once the opponent is sleeping Smeargle will be in one of two states, the most common being that Smeargle is on Full HP and the Opponent is sleeping. If so, I sub up. In this turn, the opponent normally switches, ready to start beating down Smeargle's sub. If again, Smeargle is the faster of the two, I Stealth Rock, and if not, I use Substitute again, and carry on subbing while the opponent attacks, all the way down to one HP, when I endeavor, bringing the opponent down to 1% health with me. Once Smeargle is finally down, the opponent is left with a Poké on 1% (prime bait for a Scizor with Pursuit and Bullet Punch) and another sleeping poke.

If Smeargle has been damaged first turn and has enough health to use Sub, I will. However, if Smeargle is left on 1% health, I endeavor, either hitting the lead poke down to 1% and sleeping, or hitting the switch in down to 1%. However, if so, Stealth Rock will not be set up, and so this is advised to be used alongside a Spiker of some sort, to provide backup passive damage.

U-Turn is good option to use so that you aren't screwed over by Taunt, and can hopefully break some sashes in the process.

Pokemon Name:Clefable
Moveset Name: Anti-Lead
Move 1: Protect
Move 2: Trick
Move 3: Encore
Move 4: Stealth Rock / Seismic Toss
Item: Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe

This lead is designed to screw over opposing leads. Protect is there to activate the Flame Orb, preventing Smeargle and Roserade leads from sleeping you. Trick trades your Flame Orb onto the plethora of physical based leads, namely Aerodactyl, Swampert, Metagross, Jirachi, etc. Protect + Flame Orb will also deter most TrickScarfers from trading items with you. Encore allows you to beat Azelf and Aerodactyl leads, provided they don't Taunt you first. You can also Encore a slower lead, like Metagross or Swampert, after you give them a burn. The last slot is largely filler, but if your team doesn't already have a Stealth Rocker, this works quite well. It is almost guaranteed to cripple your opponent's lead AND set up Stealth Rock, unless you run into Taunt.

The EVs prevent lead Infernape from KOing you with Close Combat + Fake Out(so you can reduce prediction, since if you Encore when they SR > Encore, you get a free turn), while outspeeding most Skarmory and Metagross(allowing you to Trick your Orb or Encore Stealth Rock before they Explode). Maximum HP allows for durability. A Calm nature allows you to take on specially based leads, namely Azelf. This lead is extremely vulnerable to Taunt leads, such as Azelf, Aerodactyl, and Smeargle, but it performs quite well when your opponent doesn't suspect what set you are running(as Clefable is very unpredictable).

I didn't get any responses for this set, so I will repost it.
I Have been using this for a few weeks, and I think it deserves a post here. It's been extremely useful, so let's take a look, shall we?

Set name: Crippler Gengar

Gengar@ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
4 HP/252 SpA/Spe (still working on an EV spread)
~Trick
~Taunt
~Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave
~Shadow Ball

The purpose of this set is to cripple common switch-ins to Gengar such as Tyranitar, Scizor, and Blissey. All three of them do not enjoy status, especially Ttar and Scizor. Trick can cripple Blissey, rendering it nearly worthless. This set works fantastic at the lead position; Trick will cripple the majority of them. Taunt shuts Blissey and SubTran down, as well as other various set up sweepers. Shadow Ball is your STAB option.

The status move is entirely up to you. Will-o-Wisp will give Tyranitar and Scizor problems, and will force other physical attackers to switch out. Thunder Wave can render Scarf users like Latias and Magnezone immobile. Toxic can work.

Outside of the lead spot, Gengar can be very helpful. It can cripple DD Mence/Gyara by WoW, and switch out. It can also function as a Spin blocker. Once Gengars scarf is gone and Blissey comes into, Taunt them. This puts the Wish-stall thing out out of commision. By burning it you can slowly wear it down, and Blisseys seismic tosses won't have any effect.

Comments? Suggestions?

Witness315 said:
Gengar Set
Unfortunately, Gengar doesn't seem to learn Thunder Wave. Will-o-Wisp is interesting, but I'd only use it after Tricking, I think. Being locked into a status move could be a problem, though it's certainly worth it if Gengar burns something important. Having Taunt instead of Focus Blast/HP Fighting/whatever means you can annoy Blissey, but not actually defeat her. Still, this looks like a good pairing with something that has similar counters to Gengar.

this is a celebi I love using.

Celebi
offensive threat
psychic
earth power
hidden power: fire
thunder wave
left overs
natural cure
modest
4 HP 252 SPA 252 SPE

The idea here is to take out the two biggest threats to celebi: scizor and heatran. After those are down they usually bring in something like salamence with flame thrower/DD. Thanks to thunder wave and a strong spa investment backing up it's psychic it can 2hko threats like gyrados, mence, who cannot outspeed it while paralized. It also is a fairly useful support pokemon who can absorb status while being able to deal out its own. It's slightly less effective against say crocune and swampert, but most will not want to switch into celebi until they realize the moveset does not have grass knot. Life orb would not be particularly useful since even as an offensive poke celebi is fairly durable with leftover recovery, and it does not need the offensive boost to OHKO heatran or scizor.

3 hard counters still exist: infernape will outspeed it unless it switches into a twave, tyranitar cannot be 2hko'd by earth power, and blissy cannot be beaten. It can still be thunderwaved with relative ease, and used to set up on.

Pokemon Name:Jynx
Moveset Name: Jynx Anti-Lead
Move 1: Magic Coat
Move 2: Counter
Move 3: Ice Beam
Move 4: Focus Blast / Lovely Kiss
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Forewarn
Nature: Hasty (+Spe, -Def)
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Don't think Taunt can be Mirror Coated. You are better off with Lovely Kiss anyways.

I was looking for a bit of feedback on potential 'Cripple Gengar' also.

My first thought was Flame Orb to cripple physicals, but he gets WoW and is fast and lures stuff like Scizor who can kill it with BP. So I then thought about Trick + Toxic Orb to permanently maim anything with instant recovery and steal leftovers especially Blissey. Also since a lot of these things have high HP, and many won't OHKO I then thought of Pain Split. Now I figured I should have at least one attack, and since Blissey isn't a problem I figured Shadow Ball for STAB was the best choice. Lastly I wanted another crippling move, but its more or less filler. Spite really hurts when used on an instant recovery move with their fairly limited PP, WoW gives it a handy double status. Destiny Bond can make it a real pain in the ass.

So any ideas?

"The new Anti-Lead Smeargle"

Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Spore
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

This is a lead I have recently use when I thought back to "Choice Scarf Gengar" back when Hypnosis had 70% accuracy. This actually works really well, spore first turn, then switch out. Then, later, bring him in to, Spore again, or, Trick a Scarf onto Blissey/Skarmory/Cresselia, basically, anything that really hates a Choice Item. This also works really well with Paralysis support, because a Paralyzed, Scarf-Tricked, Pokemon, pretty much makes him worthless. Also, he can usually come in after a trick, and Spore, then set-up some Spikes/Toxic Spikes. Overall a great lead in my opinion.

I have had some early success with this alternate set for Stall Ludicolo, which I have seen kicked about various corners of the internet in one form or another:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Rain Staller
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Bold or Calm
-Rain Dance
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Protect/Dive/Attack

EVs: 252 HP/X Def/Y SpD

This brings the recovery of Leech Seed, Rain Dish, and Leftovers to OU rain teams. The Uber Support list from the analysis relies on Kyogre for the rain and carries attacks to wear down opponents with Ludicolo's lackluster (in Ubers) 90 SpA. This set, on the other hand, gives a rain team a secondary Rain Dance user after the inevitable Damp Rock lead and serves as a useful supporter. It can switch in repeatedly against troublesome walls and force them to switch back out with Leech Seed and Toxic, while shrugging off residual damage using its multiple recovery sources.

The last move depends on preference and on what you need it to do. If it is only intended to stall and force switches, Protect maximizes residual recovery. If you don't want to yield any offensive tempo, you can run an attack like Surf, Grass Knot/Energy Ball, or even Ice Beam. Dive bridges the gap by allowing some damage while conferring a pseudo-Protect for recovery purposes (it deals around 50% to the typical Scizor, so not irrelevant).

From a walling standpoint, it can go either special or mixed. Nature and exact EVs depend on that.

That celebi can trade a tyranitar weakness for a salamence weakness by running grass knot over psychic. Thunder wave still cripples mence anyway...

@melon: why would that smeargle ever use substitute? Or need defense EVs? Replace sub with u-turn and run 252 attack/jolly so that you aren't deathly afraid of taunt and can break some sashes.

@"cripplegar": Seems alright, my only fear is that you sacrifice gengar just to burn t-tar, and heatran just gets a free switch-in. If you put focus blast over taunt then both problems are taken care of somewhat, you only lose out to blissey, and only then when your scarf can't be tricked. Plus, blissey simply isn't as threatening.

As for that lead jynx, magic coat doesn't reflect taunt, that's a shoddy glitch.

sub means you can get down to 1% health with ease so you can endeavor, U-Turn is a good point, I guess that could go over SR.

Charge and Slash !

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SAtk or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Charge Beam
- Thunder Wave / Hidden Power [ Fire ] / Some random moves

After playtesting , I find this 'Charge Beam' Latias better than the normal CM one . I am using the 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spe set , but you can use the offensive spread too. Recover is to of course,negate damage from Life Orb. Dragon Pulse has the same power as Draco Meteor after a +1 boost ( 225pwr + LO v.s. 135pwr + STAB + +1 boost ). If you run the 252 Spe EV spread,Thunder Wave is not necessary.Thunder Wave can be used if you want to run an all out paralysis spreading team to support sweepers,maybe Aggron,since it is one of the pokemon who has gained a move which increased its usage. Hidden Power Fire lets you OHKO Scizor if you run the 252 def / 252 hp set , as Scizor's U-Turn does a max of <86% iirc ( able to survive after 1 SR switch in ).Or you could try some other moves that you deem necessary.

Damage Calculations :

+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Blissey 252 HP / 252 Def , Bold = 52.2% minimum ( more common in OU )
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Blissey 252 HP / 252 SDef , Calm = 37.6% minimum ( more common in Ubers )
+6 Charge Beam v.s. Empoleon 12 HP / 8 Def ( SubPetaya ) , Modest = >85% minimum iirc
+6 Charge Beam v.s. Skarmory 252 HP / 252 SDef , Careful = 100% OHKO iirc after SR damage
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Snorlax 252 HP / 252 SDef , Careful = 39% minimum
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Snorlax 252 HP / 252 Def , Impish = 56% minimm
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Suicune 252 HP / 252 SDef , Careful = 42% minimum
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Suicune 252 HP / 252 Def , Bold = 60% minimum
+6 Charge Beam v.s. Heatran ( ScarfTran / SubTran ) , Timid/Modest = >55% minimum iirc

@ rukia: I feel like charge beam is pretty outclassed by calm mind on latias, but if you are serious about the set please use black font so it's readable.

@melon: you already have focus sash to get to 1 hp. Put the hp evs into attack, and use 0 in all defese ivs and any attack will likely leave you at 1 hp. Sub and focus sash have bad synergy together; only one of the two will ever do anything. Replace sub with u-turn, or maybe even extremespeed.

This set has actually worked for me:
Jolteon @ Leftovers
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Wish
-Shadow Ball

Jolteon doesn't need Thunder Wave at all, but that helps support the other team members. Wish allows it to support the team further by healing weakened sweepers so they can continue sweeping. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball, off of 110 base Special Attack, can hit anything that isn't the new CAP9 for neutral damage or better. Timid with those EVs give it sweeping potential, as well as maximum chances to get in both TWave and Wish. The Leftovers as the item may seem strange, as Jolteon isn't a defensive Pokemon, but it's actually saved my ass once or twice.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Jolteon @ Leftovers
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Wish
-Shadow Ball

Jolteon doesn't need Thunder Wave at all, but that helps support the other team members. Wish allows it to support the team further by healing weakened sweepers so they can continue sweeping. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball, off of 110 base Special Attack, can hit anything that isn't the new CAP9 for neutral damage or better. Timid with those EVs give it sweeping potential, as well as maximum chances to get in both TWave and Wish. The Leftovers as the item may seem strange, as Jolteon isn't a defensive Pokemon, but it's actually saved my ass once or twice.
I don't honestly see the usefulness of thunder wave. Most switch into Jolteon are either Blissey\Snorlax\CB TTar which don't really mind about being paralyzed or ground type Pokemon like Swampert, Flygon, Gliscor and so on. The only possible scenario in which thunder wave may have some uses is if your opponent rely on Latias to counter Jolteon. In most cases hp ice\grass is way more useful in my opinion.

@ Rukia: 252 HP / 252 Def Bold Blissey isn't common at all in OU, in fact, the standard is 252 Def / 176 SpD Calm, which, despite losing HP, takes even less from the same attack. The reason Latias is such an excellent sweeper is because of her good coverage, good base power moves, high SpD, Recover, and high speed/SpA. With Charge Beam, you are losing power that you would otherwise have with Thunderbolt. Also, a Charge Beam followed by a boosted Charge Beam does less than a +1 Thunderbolt, so it is utterly pointless, especially when you only obtain the boost 63% of the time.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Jolteon @ Leftovers
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Wish
-Shadow Ball

An easier solution could be merging Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave into Discharge then using Hidden Power Grass or Ice.

Charge and Slash !

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SAtk or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Charge Beam
- Thunder Wave / Hidden Power [ Fire ] / Some random moves

After playtesting , I find this 'Charge Beam' Latias better than the normal CM one . I am using the 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spe set , but you can use the offensive spread too. Recover is to of course,negate damage from Life Orb. Dragon Pulse has the same power as Draco Meteor after a +1 boost ( 225pwr + LO v.s. 135pwr + STAB + +1 boost ). If you run the 252 Spe EV spread,Thunder Wave is not necessary.Thunder Wave can be used if you want to run an all out paralysis spreading team to support sweepers,maybe Aggron,since it is one of the pokemon who has gained a move which increased its usage. Hidden Power Fire lets you OHKO Scizor if you run the 252 def / 252 hp set , as Scizor's U-Turn does a max of <86% iirc ( able to survive after 1 SR switch in ).Or you could try some other moves that you deem necessary.

Damage Calculations :

+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Blissey 252 HP / 252 Def , Bold = 52.2% minimum ( more common in OU )
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Blissey 252 HP / 252 SDef , Calm = 37.6% minimum ( more common in Ubers )
+6 Charge Beam v.s. Empoleon 12 HP / 8 Def ( SubPetaya ) , Modest = >85% minimum iirc
+6 Charge Beam v.s. Skarmory 252 HP / 252 SDef , Careful = 100% OHKO iirc after SR damage
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Snorlax 252 HP / 252 SDef , Careful = 39% minimum
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Snorlax 252 HP / 252 Def , Impish = 56% minimm
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Suicune 252 HP / 252 SDef , Careful = 42% minimum
+6 Dragon Pulse v.s. Suicune 252 HP / 252 Def , Bold = 60% minimum
+6 Charge Beam v.s. Heatran ( ScarfTran / SubTran ) , Timid/Modest = >55% minimum iirc

Careful I almost had a seizure.

Also, why you Charge Beam over Calm Mind?

I believe it's because if you use Calm Mind, you'll be more inclined to use Thunderbolt whereas Charge Beam combines a weak Nasty Plot and a weak Thunderbolt.
Like I said before:

Also, a Charge Beam followed by a boosted Charge Beam does less than a +1 Thunderbolt, so it is utterly pointless, especially when you only obtain the boost 63% of the time.

Pokemon Name: Lucario
Moveset Name: Mixed Luke
-Close Combat
-ThunderPunch
-Hidden Power Ice
-Dark Pulse
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Naive
EVs: 28 Atk/252 SpA/228 Spe

Well, here's a new Lucario set I've been using lately and its been quite effective so far. The main idea is to utilise Lucario's diverse physical AND special movepool to surprise and destroy the most common Lucario counters and switch-ins. It's best to unleash this Lucario when you have a fair idea of your opponent's team so you can roughly predict what the next move will be. The moves listed above offer excellent coverage and I'll explain their individual uses as we go along. For now, let's see who are the most common counters to Luke and can switch in to halt his sweep.

Gliscor
One of the best counters to purely physical sets, Gliscor, however, won't be lasting long against Mixed Luke as HP Ice will be doing 131.64% - 154.80% damage to Impish 252 HP/4 SpD Gliscor, a surefire OHKO (even with max SpD). Moreover, the speed EVs allow you to outrun all neutral natured, max speed variants or Jolly ones who invest less than 188 speed Evs. It happens surprisingly often that Gliscor comes in on a Close Combat, only to be OHKOed the next turn.

Celebi
Celebi can be somewhat annoying, paralyzing Luke and attempting to outstall him with Recover. Not any more! 252 HP/0 SpD Bold Celebi is outsped and takes 51.49% - 60.89% from Dark Pulse, a guaranteed 2HKO taking Stealth Rock and Leftovers into account. Celebi can also be taken out with a combination of HP Ice and Dark Pulse.

Rotom-h
Rotom, specifically the Heat Forme is a tricky one. Non-Choice Scarf sets running 252 HP/0 SpD with a neutral nature are outsped by Luke and take 65.13% - 76.97% damage, an easy 2HKO, even with Leftovers. Additionally, WoW doesn't hamper Luke's ability to deal with Rotom since Dark Pulse will be the primary mode of offense. Now, the only Rotoms that can give this Lucario troubles are Scarfed Rotom-h with Overheat. Other formes of Rotom can't deal enough damage to Luke before they are 2HKOed by Dark Pulse. Even Rotom-h with a Scarf can't switch into a Dark Pulse and defeat Luke since Thunderbolt fails to OHKO. However, if it survives the first Dark Pulse, Overheat will make short work of Lucario.

Hippowdon
If your opponent thought that your Lucario was purely physical and switches in the defensive behemoth that is Hippowdon to counter him, he's in for a surprise. The standard 252 HP/88 SpD Impish Hippowdon takes 50.95% - 60.00% damage from HP Ice, resulting in a 2HKO, factoring in SR and Leftovers. Hippowdon can be 2HKOed by Close Combat + HP Ice.

Blissey
If Special Attacks were the only thing that Luke had, then a certain pink blob would wall him to eternity. However, just when your opponent switches in Blissey to take a weak HP Ice, you fire a Close Combat which deals standard 0 HP/252 Def Calm Blissey 113.67% - 133.95% damage, a clean OHKO. Even 252 HP/252 Def Bold Blissey takes 94.96% - 111.76% damage which is an OHKO factoring in SR and Leftovers.

Zapdos
With the given EV spread, Lucario outruns all neutral Natured max speed Zapdos. Standard defensive 252 HP/4 SpD Zapdos takes 52.08% - 61.46% damage from HP Ice, which easily 2HKOs, when you consider Leftovers and Stealth Rock. ThunderPunch/Dark Pulse + HP Ice also 2HKOs.

Salamence
Max Speed Adamant Salamence is outrun by Mixed Luke who deals the former 132.93% - 157.10% damage with HP Ice. Even the most bulky variants of Salamence can't take an HP Ice without the help of a Yache Berry. You'd be surprised at the number of Salamence who run an Adamant nature and then astonishingly, fall prey to a supposedly slower Lucario. There are others who switch in on a CC and then greedily Dragon Dance up, expecting Luke to be running the slower SD set and expecting him to switch out due to its low speed and weakened defenses/do pitiful damage with a -1 ineffective attack, when they're suddenly hit with an OHKOing HP Ice.

Gyarados
Bulky Gyarados makes an excellent counter to the standard SD Luke, but is rendered useless here. An Adamant 252 HP/0 Def Gyarados takes 63.96% - 76.14% damage from ThunderPunch factoring in Intimidate. If SR is in play, Lucario has a 7.69% chance to OHKO Gyarados right on the switch. Otherwise, Luke outruns Gyarados and a combination of ThunderPunch and any other move will handily 2HKO him, assuming SR, Leftovers and a lowering of Lucario's attack as Gyarados switches in.

Dusknoir
Dusknoir is a rarely seen counter to Lucario but can mess up some Physical sets from sweeping with Will-o-Wisp and/or Earthquake. However, here, Luke takes care of him with a Dark Pulse, which does 55.10% - 65.31% damage to a standard 252 HP/4 SpD Dusknoirs, a definite 2HKO even with Leftovers. Furthermore, the bulkiest variants, a 252 HP/252 SpD Dusknoir takes 45.58% - 53.74% damage from Dark Pulse, which 2HKOs with SR and Leftovers. Once again, like Rotom, a WoW from Dusknoir won't be saving him from a 2HKO.

TEAM SUPPORT

If you're planning to use Mixed Luke in your teams, it's advisable that you have at least Stealth Rock down on your opponent's side of the field. Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes are also welcome. These entry hazards will help Lucario guarantee some of those OHKOes and 2HKOes and generally help in wearing down the opposing Pokemon to the point where Lucario can go for a clean sweep. A spin blocker could also be used if you're worried about Rapid Spin wasting all your efforts to set up entry hazards.

The rest of your team will also have to deal with those Pokemon which are either too fast for Lucario or are bulky enough not to be 2HKOed by the above 4 moves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there you are. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

@ Indragon: I have been using a similar set, with a support Dragonite w/Heal Bell to get rid of burns(allowing you to hit hard with ThunderPunch/CC later), to great success. Dragonite can easily switch into Rotom-H and outstall with Roost + Toxic, or spread paralysis to slow said Rotom-H and offensive Zapdos down with Thunder Wave. Lucario IMO is the best mixed sweeper in OU. I used to prefer Dragonite, Infernape, or Salamence, but Stealth Rock + SS + LO damage rack up pretty quickly. Very cool set indeed, I will have to try out that EV spread.

"Anti-Lead" Golduck

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Encore
- Magic Coat/ Counter/ Filler
---

Main fault to this set is Hydro Pump's accuracy other wise he handles most leads with ease. I used this set ~50+ times last night and he really did impress me.

He picks off suicide leads with ease, he two-shots Metagross, Tyranitar doesn't receive Sandstorm bonus and HydroPump hurts him like hell, Slower leads gets HydroPumped and encored, pert is 2hko'd, Jirachi is 2HKO'd, ect...

I've been working on a trick room aggron that I think might be interesting.

TR Aggron @ life orb
Rock Head ability | Brave nature
252 atk/hp, 6 def | 0 spe IV

Metal Burst
Head Smash
Earthquake
Low Kick

the idea is to send out trick-room/kaboom claydol (or whomever else) and setup, and then for the next 4 turns wreak havoc with aggron. head smash with impunity as your rock head ability protects your neck. EQ serves as a powerful attack that lends to coverage. aqua tail is another option as it 2hkos donphan...you just won't get the chance.

low kick is for the regis, who are likely switch-ins against our pal. both are 2hko'd. neither can ohko with EQ.

steelix is faster in a trick room, but doesn't ohko with EQ. metal burst ftw. same goes for gastrodon and quagsire. metal burst also adds something of use for aggron if he lives through the trick room massacre or if you don't pull off the setup.

our aggron vs. common UU walls -

head smash destroys chansey.

you need 186 sp.d to survive milo's surf. you need 120 sp.d evs but I haven't calc'd how that would effect 2hkos/ohkos.

donphan destroys you, if you have aqua tail hit him as hard as you can or switch out to metal burst another day.

pory2 can take a head smash, recover and then possibly take another. there's a small chance to 2hko. (stealth rock helps). much better chance to 2hko clefable after softboiled, but doesn't one shot.

2hko's max def/hp uxie with head smash.

EQ 2hko's defensive drapion (who can't ohko back), head smash hits a little harder so start with it because it one-shots min hp/def. follow up with EQ for accuracy if they survive.

2hko max def spiritomb with headsmash, can ohko min def.

2shots weezing with head smash.

one-shots ludicolo w/ head smash.

hariyama is 3hko'd at best, but you'll get ohko'd by close combat or 2hko'd by BB/force palm. he can't ohko with brick break or force palm, but you're faster than him so no metal burst. switch out to metal burst another day or do what you can to harm him with EQ and stall out TR. (because you don't want hariyama taking advantage of your setup).

so ultimately, I'm predicting this set will draw out the opponents best wall and 2shot it without much fear (so long as it isn't donphan or hariyama. it would be smart to have a counter for them waiting in the wings), and then hopefully go on to take out at least another member of their team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)