NCAA Football '16-'17 Season

First game is on Friday, so I figured it's about time for the thread for the better flavor of football to go up.

Some big questions for the season?
-Are Tennessee/Washington back?
-What's going to happen with Baylor this season?
-Can Deshaun Watson possibly get any better?

Have fun, and go Owls!

A bigger question imo is who wins the Heisman? There are several likely candidates but I'll pick my top 3 candidates
Clemson QB DeShaun Watson
LSU RB Leonard Fournette
Stanford RB Christian McAffery

The answer to your question is yes.

In any event, I think it's way too early to even begin speculating on Heisman candidates since we've only seen to FBS teams play (and neither of them looked very good). If Deshaun Watson has another season like he did in 2015, I think he should be the favorite, though.

The answer to your question is yes.

In any event, I think it's way too early to even begin speculating on Heisman candidates since we've only seen to FBS teams play (and neither of them looked very good). If Deshaun Watson has another season like he did in 2015, I think he should be the favorite, though.
LOL

GO ROCKETS!.jpg

Temple has a lot better of a team than Toledo lol
In any case here's the AP Top 25 for Week 1
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida St
5. LSU
6. Ohio St
7. Michigan
8. Stanford
9. Tennessee
10. Notre Dame
11. Ole Miss
12. Michigan St
13. TCU
14. Washington
15. Houston
16. UCLA
17. Iowa
18. Georgia
19. Louisville
20. USC
21. Oklahoma St
22. North Carolina
23. Baylor
24. Oregon
25. Florida.
You think the AP got it right?

Temple has a lot better of a team than Toledo lol
In any case here's the AP Top 25 for Week 1
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida St
5. LSU
6. Ohio St
7. Michigan
8. Stanford
9. Tennessee
10. Notre Dame
11. Ole Miss
12. Michigan St
13. TCU
14. Washington
15. Houston
16. UCLA
17. Iowa
18. Georgia
19. Louisville
20. USC
21. Oklahoma St
22. North Carolina
23. Baylor
24. Oregon
25. Florida.
You think the AP got it right?
How is Temple the better team when UT up and beat them down in the bowl game? lol

Everything about that game was 50 shades of funky. The Temple team in the bowl was not the team that led Notre Dame with 3 minutes left.

In any event, I think Washington and Georgia are too high and that Stanford is too low. Mostly pretty good though.

Everything about that game was 50 shades of funky. The Temple team in the bowl was not the team that led Notre Dame with 3 minutes left.

In any event, I think Washington and Georgia are too high and that Stanford is too low. Mostly pretty good though.
The team Temple played (UT) was also the one that upset the 15th ranked Arkansas. So no disrepect to anyone but Toledo was the better team.

The team Temple played (UT) was also the one that upset the 15th ranked Arkansas. So no disrepect to anyone but Toledo was the better team.
Don't be biased. UT had an impressive upset but Temple was the better team all year.
And what about some close but not in the Top 25 like Miami, Utah, and Northwestern? Does anyone think they could be good?

If they were better, how come they didn't beat UT? like this logic that they were better yet lost is not helping their case. They lead ND, UT beat the SEC. I don't see Temple doing that. I will go through their entire schedule if needed so I can show you.

Here is Temple's schedule from a year ago.

• Penn State Won 27-10. Beating Penn State nowadays isn't much of an accomplishment since they have been bad against GO5 teams.
  • at Cincinnati Won 34-26. Cincy was bad and not as good as they once were.
  • at Massachusetts Won 25-23. Okay UT beat Umass 51-35, Why did Temple struggle against them?
  • at Charlotte Won 37-3. Nothing to say since Temple was obviously better than a new D1 team.
  • Tulane Won 49-10. Man, I feel bad for Tulane.
  • UCF Won 30-16. 0-12.
  • at East Carolina Won 24-14, same as Cincy, not as good as they once were.
  • Notre Dame Lost 24-20. Only Quality loss Temple has that wasn't terrible.
  • at SMU Won 60-40. Jesus has SMU fallen on hard times.
  • at South Florida Lost 23-44. There is no excuse to lose to USF even though USF is on the rise.
  • Memphis Won 31-12. This is just me but I always felt Memphis was overrated, even with the Ole Miss win, it wasn't really impressive as Ole Miss was barely tredding water in the SEC at that time. They lost badly against a Florida team that had a dreadful offense but amazing defense.
  • Uconn Won 27-3. Okay.
  • The American Championship vs. Houston Lost 13-24. Hard loss but Houston was better.
  • Boca Raton Bowl vs. Toledo Lost 32-17. Temple obviously could not overcome Toledo's top ranked defense. UT's defense was ranked high in rushing and the defense in the redzone only allowed 47 total Redzone scores compared to Temple's 54. even with the constant on and off rain. Toledo was the better team that day.
Even with the fact that i graduated from UT. I still felt Temple was overrated and that they didn't do much to be considered for the CFP, by looking at this schedule, I can't see much to say "They are the best team in the Group of 5". UT is the same as they lost a game which cost them 11 win season and serious consideration for it. Houston was the best team out of the GO5.

Based on quality wins here. UT's win over Arkansas DWARFS anything Temple has done.

Last edited:
So why are you avoiding my last post?
Last year matters to an extent but NCAA teams change every year so your point doesn't really make any sense. I don't want this to be a pissing match but you've been making dumb points. Notre Dame is a lot better than Arkansas anyway.
Now back to the topic at hand, I hope the Irish don't have another key meltdown like they did against Stanford last year

Last year matters to an extent but NCAA teams change every year so your point doesn't really make any sense. I don't want this to be a pissing match but you've been making dumb points. Notre Dame is a lot better than Arkansas anyway.
Now back to the topic at hand, I hope the Irish don't have another key meltdown like they did against Stanford last year
I make a dumb points by exposing Temple's SAWFT schedule? Did you read the post?

Ironically, our schedule is way easier this season.

Did anyone catch the NDSU-Charleston Southern game last night? It was FCS, but it was a much better game than the sloppy shootout that Cal-Hawaii was.

If there's one positive from yesterday's Notre Dame game, it's that Deshone Kizer played really well. But the Irish defense really took a step back holy shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)