SM OU My team (based on mega heracross)

Im back again with a new team as for a while i took a break from showdown. Please feel free to give me any suggestions on how i could make my team better

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast

As stated in the title, mega heracross is the main focus of the team, it has pin missile and rock blast as the ability skill link enables them to hit 5 times consistently. Close combat is a strong stab move and swords dance enables sweeping with this Pokémon to become easy as its already high attack value largely increases once more.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Landorus is a member of the team as he counters types such as electric with its strong earthquake as it has stab. Landorus is also able to use stealth rock making one stage of the set up that i usually place down although i do not usually use landorus first. Hidden power ice gives landorus coverage against dragon which is not covered by any other member of the team. Protect allows landorus to regain a small piece of health for free as it has leftovers as its item.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Leech Life

Galvantula is mainly used in my team for setting up sticky web as a few members of the team are slow e.g. marowak-alola. Giving galvantula the focus sash allows it to be able to put down the sticky web pretty much every time. This is the pokémon i usually play first. Thunder is a great move as it has stab and a chance to paralyse, usually it is very inconsistent in hitting but as galvantula has the ability compound eyes it has a 91% accuracy. Leech life is a move that has stab and also enables galvantula to regain a small bit of health if it survives and energy ball is used as i do not have any grass moves on any other member of the team so having it on galvantula gives coverage against types such as water.

Hemephrodite (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill is on my team for its very high attack stat and coverage. My main way of using azumarill is to use belly drum which combined with the huge power ability created huge attack value while only sacrificing 25% health as i have the sitrus berry on azumarill. Aqua Jet is a priority stab move giving azumarill a high chance to take out enemies if they are on low health and some times it can even OHKO an enemy if circumstances are right. Play rough is a strong physical fairy move to cover types such as dragon and dark. Knock off can be used as coverage against ghost type Pokémon.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Marowak is a Pokémon that if I play it correctly can greatly contribute to the team. With thick club its base attack value reaches a great 160 meaning that all its physical moves can be very strong. Flare blitz has a power value of 120 and with the ability rock head no recoil damage is taken in result. Shadow bone is a stab move that can be used against types such as ghost and psychic. Earthquake is a very strong move which counters types such as electric. Swords dance can be coupled with the thick club to enable even higher attack value so that marowak can sweep with even more ease. Marowak benfits from galvantula as it can create sticky web which gives marowak a higher chance of attacking first as its speed is not the greatest.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Magnezone is mostly used as either a trapper for steal types with the ability magnet pull and the hidden power fire dealing quite high damage as a result of the choice specs or, magnezone can be used as a volt switcher a lot as the special attack stat of this Pokémon reaches over 500 with the choice specs. Flash cannon gives coverage against types such as fairy and thunderbolt is just a strong stab move if volt switch is not powerful enough to kill the enemy in question.

Thank you for reading my forum and i hope that lots of people can aid me in improving my team ☺

Here are a few suggestions for your mon sets if you really want to run those mons. Btw how does your team fair? On the ladder I mean.

Azu: Normalium-Z > Sitrus Berry.
Normalium-Z allows you to setup Belly Drum even at below 50% HP. Also, if you BD first and Z-BD after, it restores Azu to full health. With knock off mons in almost every team, Normalium-Z allows you to make sure to get a Belly Drum after switching in. Also what are with the EV's? I would suggest running 92 speed and rest in bulk. This outspeeds Celesteela, Amoongus, Tangrowth, and other switchins with no speed investments.

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Marowak: Bonemerang > EQ.
Bonemerang hits twice with the same power output as eq but with greater chances to crit and the chance to break sashes. Also I think running max speed is a must since you are running a Sticky webs team and you need to outspeed mons after the sticky web speed debuff. Also I don't think you should run sd on it since you already have Azu for setup. Will o wisp burns counters on switch. SD works well if you find it hard to wall break tho.

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp

Regarding your magnezone tho I don't know what it really does. You have Marowak to counter steels, also it adds to your ground weakness with 3/6 your mons getting 1 shot by stab equakes. Also, with your lineup you need defog support for rocks and spikes which wreck your team. May I suggest replacing it with a Latias set? Defog latias removes rocks and hazards. Healing wish is useful for late games where you need healing for your mons. Dual Stabs so you don't get taunt-baited. Very good with Mega-cross and Azu: Megacross having full heal after tanking stuff and azu having another round of belly drum.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Hope these suggestions help and goodluck on your webs team.

Last edited:
Sphinxx thank you so much for the suggestions i will try them out asap and as for how my team is doing at the moment i am around 1100 is on the ladder. My only question is that you mentioned about defog in your description of latias but defog is not in the set, could you please explain if this is a typo or whatever it is thanks.

Last edited:
Oh sorry, it was a typo. Sorry. I also changed Recover to Draco since dark types might be a problem. I would have suggested a Mega-Latias for a raw wincon mon but you already have Mega Hera for that.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
This team looks solid, but there a few things to look at:
Impish > Naughty on Landorus-Therian, 252 Def EVs > 252 Atk and 4 Spe > 4 SpA
There's no reason to have Naughty on it. You're obviously running a defensive set and those always run Impish. You still nab a 2HKO on Zygarde, Chomp and opposing Landorus-Therian so you don't need to cut into your bulk for it. It doesn't need the attack, as it is very powerful regardless and it needs all the physical bulk it can get. Also, since those 4 SpA EVs are unnecessary I figured some speed creep might help to ensure you get off the HP Ice on opposing Landorus-Therians.
Shuckle over Galvantula
Galvantula is a horrible setter. It's not fast enough and will die to almost anything. Shuckle is more reliable in this meta IMO. Here are the sets:
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Rock Tomb
(copy-pasted from the website but they're good sets)
Now that those two have SR covered, you can replace Stealth Rock on Lando-T for U-Turn. Your team would appreciate the utility of a slow pivot.
In addition, Mega Heracross imo isn't doing much for your team that Alolan Marowak isn't. I'd get rid of it for sure. Replace it with Latios:
Latios @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Trick
This allows Latios to revenge Volcarona (a weakness of your team), and reliably Defog away hazards for Alowak. It in addition gives a much-needed speed control option and some power on the special side.
Magnezone isn't doing too much for your team, as the other rater said. It's pretty bad in this meta, since it fails to trap most steels and is useless outside of said role. Thus, I'd say that you'll want Mega Charizard Y over Magnezone.
Charizard @ Charizardite-Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
This is the best special wallbreaker in the game. Latios is in fact a reliable defogger even with Scarf, so the SR weakness isn't an issue.
Finally, Bonemarang > EQ on Alowak and Normalium-Z > Sitrus Berry on Azu as the other rater said. Keep SD on Alowak for sure tho. Azu isn't a wallbreaker, it's a late-game sweeper. Alowak is the breaker and thus appreciates SD. You should also run 252 Speed EVs on it over HP to make sure that you aren't outsped by the walls you want to break.
Here's an importable:
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Rock Tomb

Latios @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Trick

Charizard @ Charizardite-Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Hemephrodite (Azumarill) @ Normalium Z
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Swords Dance

tl;dr:
Impish > Naughty on Landorus-Therian, U-Turn over Stealth Rock, 252 Def EVs > 252 Atk and 4 Spe > 4 SpA
Shuckle over Galvantula
Latios over Mega Heracross

Charizard-Mega Y over Magnezone
Bonemerang over EQ on Marowak-Alolan
Normalium Z over Sitrus Berry on Azumarill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)