SM OU My Favorite

Hi! This is a team based on my favorite pokemon ever that is finally here, mega swampert!!!! I love using rain in general and the fact that my favorite mon has swift swim is amazing to me so I just had to make a team with it.
swampertr.png
kingdra.png
pelipper.png
buzzswole.png
gegnar.gif
hoopa u.gif

Teambuilding Process
swampertr.png
kingdra.png
pelipper.png

So obviously when I started the team, I wanted to start with the average rain core. It's very standard and rain is my favorite playstyle, swampert is my favorite mon.

buzzswole.png

So immediately I needed an answer to ferrothorn, as nothing on my team hits it super effectively yet and it beats all of the 1v1. I have secret tech that you will see later to OHKO ferrothorn. ;)

gegnar.gif

Gengar was here because I like it a lot on rain and being able to clean through teams that don't have a ghost resist (most teams don't) and it can help out against toxapex (which is also a big problem to the team) by hitting thunders.

hoopa u.gif

So most of the time, Hoopa will be sacked. But, it is here specifically for stall, mostly toxapex. It can work against other playstyles but really it should be mostly for stall.

Individual Sets

swampertr.png

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Swampert is the star of the team. Very simple and standard, except for the stealth rocks. It is hard to find stealth rocks on rain unless you are running ferrothorn or lando, so I just had to put it on swampert. Swampert really only needs 3 moves anyways, so stealth rock is really nice to have. It has enough speed to outspeed scarf tapu lele in the rain.

kingdra.png

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

There is nothing to say about this. It just clicks buttons and wins. Hydro pump in the rain hits everything incredibly hard.

pelipper.png

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost

The only switch-in to anything on the team. It obviously provides the rain and it is very important that this is always alive. It also provides defog support which is great and can be a nice pivot.

buzzswole.png

Buzzwole @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 52 HP / 244 Atk / 152 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Roost
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

I love buzzwole. It is my favorite ultra beast and I feel like it provides so much for this team. Here are some calcs to show what these evs do, (I didn't make the evs though)

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 52 HP / 152 SpD Buzzwole: 255-301 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 52 HP / 152 SpD Buzzwole: 235-277 (63.8 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Fire vs. 52 HP / 152 SpD Buzzwole: 283-338 (76.9 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With these EVs, buzzwole also outspeeds rotom wash.

And the icing on the cake: 244+ Atk Buzzwole All-Out Pummeling (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 452-534 (128.4 - 151.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You can take away some attack EVs from buzzwole to put it in to bulk, but overall I am a big fan of this EV spread. Roost is also great for survivability.

gegnar.gif

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

I kind of explained what this did earlier, but just to go over it again, this is a nice wallbreaker that can clean through teams with shadow ball, and it can punish faries.

hoopa u.gif

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

This is here for toxapex, and it can potentially sweep late game with the great coverage. It can also help with other stuff like alomomola and skarmory, but it doesn't do that much to them.

Here is the team: https://pastebin.com/bjeNFUF6

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)