Most nerdy things you have done?

Except play competitive Pokemon or the games (but can be Pokemon related aside from that)...

I have a FanGraphs T-Shirt. I prefer to analyze baseball from a detached statistical perspective and not be subject to the affection that normal fans possess.

I actually bought a copy of the card that can steal people's souls (The Seal of Orichalcos) at a swap meet. Who wouldn't want a card that can do that to one's enemies? The story arc that card was featured in wasn't that good, but hey, would want to watch duels featuring an OP card (not so in the real world where most decks use their Extra Deck and can steal souls). I also have Aki's Signer Dragon and Yusei Shoot Star Dragon because they are so cool. ... I do not play the card game, but I did like 5D's a lot -- I never got tired of watching the Japanese scene where Yusei first summoning Shooting Star Dragon, with "Clear Mind" playing in the background, even more than three years since the anime ended . I also liked the dub's voice acting, but the dialogue (such as the "heart of the cards", WTF is that?!) and storyline are just atrocious. I didn't know Seto Kaiba is Brock from Pokemon. Good job Eric Stuart.

The Japanese Zexal never sustained my interest. I am just glad I accidentally ran into Japanese (subbed) 5D's episodes.

I had a Pikachu plush hanging from my bag, until I lost the plush. Pikachu is just so kawaii and cute!

Before Mass, the first thing I do is not pray, but prime factorize the hymns posted from the books. An example from my stream of consciousness when I do this: 619 (hey, Rey Mysterio, I don't watch the WWE, but that was the first number that came to my mind and then Rey immediately came to my mind). Not 2, 3, 5. Not seven (700 - 81; 81 is not divisible by 7), not 11 (660 - 11x ) or 13 (650 - 13x ) . 17?? Let's see (510 + 17(7))? 17 times 7 is 70 + 49, which equals 119 and that's 629. So nope. Definitely not 19 (600 -19 and 600 is obviously not divisible by 19), and not 23 (23 x 33 is too large and 23 x 23 is 529). 619 is prime.

Last edited:
I bought a Japanese Novel (I don't know much japanese) because it's a novel version of some songs I listen to.

<-- Profile pic is of a character

Watched all episodes of Naruto (and Shippuden) in around a month
Put game music on my iPod
Collected all 718 pokemon (Still have them all in my bank) and working on shiny.

That's all I can think of for now.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Created a complex spreadsheet to strategically plan my fantasy Premier League team + transfer usage throughout the season to ensure the most efficient use of top team players against shitty teams. First prize is only £100, but it's bragging rights at work dammit.

I won the World Cup fantasy league for £90 with something similar, but less complex (finished top 0.1% overall in the McDonald's world league).

Sometimes, I watch chess videos on YouTube.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm going to buy an old school booster box of the Pokemon TCG. Can't decide whether that's cool or exceedingly nerdy but considering the price i'm going to lean with nerdy.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I used to calculate some Pokemon related sums (ie: HP damage) during Physics lessons because I tend to finish classwork earlier than most other classmates.
The teacher knew and said nothing about it, because he never worries about my grades.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Got drunk with friends playing Munchkin while dressed as Munchkins and we used various props when certain cards came up which required us to drink more

Have changed my avatar nearly daily to the next mon in the Pokedex over 2 years

Have played through Tales of Symphonia, an ~80 hour game, in like a 120 hour period

Had a Finn toy from Adventure Time on my backpack through almost all of college

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Created a complex spreadsheet to strategically plan my fantasy Premier League team + transfer usage throughout the season to ensure the most efficient use of top team players against shitty teams. First prize is only £100, but it's bragging rights at work dammit.

I won the World Cup fantasy league for £90 with something similar, but less complex (finished top 0.1% overall in the McDonald's world league).
I did a very similar thing to this, but with Fantasy College Football instead (top 150 in Sporting News' free league). I actually bring it up in job interviews and employers are always impressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)