Monotype Teambuilding Competition V2 Cycle 16 - Infernape + Fletchinder [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry i was away today :v
There was a tie (unless i suck at counting lol), so I did !pick, and, congrats to Zyo for winning! Second place goes to SubMindRaikou
Stun: 4
Zyo: 5
Escoffier: 2
Submindraikou: 5
Hannibalism: 1
miyoka/(tree sound)'s vote does not count because she voted for herself.

Next week's type will be rock (no poll because only 2 types left), and the pokemon will be...

Omastar, and...

Tyrantrum!​
Voting deadline: 8/23

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
eww rock types smh

Omastar @ Air Balloon
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ancient Power
- Ice Beam

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Encore

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fire Punch
- Heavy Slam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Wave
- Recover
- Toxic

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Omastar:

Omastar @ Air Balloon
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ancient Power
- Ice Beam

The first mon on the core, Omastar is the team's leading setup sweeper. With access to Shell Smash and a god special movepool, Omastar becomes hard to stop after a Shell Smash. Swift Swim lets it stand up to ss water, which usually sweeps Rock with ease. Hydrop Pump and Ancient Power are there for STAB with Ice Beam for coverage.

Tyrantrum:

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Tyrantrum is the second mon in the core. With ridiculous STAB in the form of Outrage and Head Smash, and Rock Head which lets it spam Head Smashes like nobody's business, Tyrantrum is a force to be reckoned with. Although it isn't exactly at the best speed tier to abuse a scarf, the webs suppore from Shuckle really helps it out, letting it outspeed the likes of scarfed heracross and terrakion. Earthquake and Superpower let is hit a lot of steel mons for SE damage barring Skarmory and Scizor.

Shuckle:

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Encore

Shuckle gets access to Sticky Webs, something no other rock type gets. With godly defenses (which are sadly kept in check with its low HP), Shuckle can almost survive any hit to the face without having to activate Sturdy. White Herb lets you get a guarenteed Sticky Web on the field. Knock Off is a great utility move, while Encore lets it stop sweepers from setting up and also forces them to switch.

Mega Aggron:

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fire Punch
- Heavy Slam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Realizing that the team would have a problem with steel types, especially Mega Scizor, I decided to use Mega Aggron as the mega of choice. Rest-talk lets it maintain its health while also switching in on Breloom's Spore, while Fire Punch lets it hit almost all steel mons for SE damage. Heavy Slam is Meggron's best STAB, which is made better due to its heavy weight.

Cradily:

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Wave
- Recover
- Toxic

Cradily is a really good option on rock teams due to its ability Storm Drain, and has good enough natural bulk to take a strong hit. Giga Drain is STAB which also heals it. Max defense is run so that it can survive a Secret Sword from a +1 Keldeo. Sludge Wave let's it deal with Breloom to some extent. Recover gives it a way of reliable recovery, while Toxic lets it stop stallers.

Terrakion:

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Terrakion is an excellent choice to have as a banded sweeper, especially with webs support from Shuckle. It has great STAB options in Close Combat and Stone Edge, and a great attack stat to back it up, along with being in an excellent speed tier which lets it outspeed most scarf users after webs.

Keldeo deals a MASSIVE chunk to the entire team. You're best bet would be to Deal as much damage as you can with Cradily and then try to revenge kill with Tyrantrum or Terrakion.

Excadrill in sand can destroy any mon on this team aside from Mega Aggron. Hope fully you can preserve the Air Balloon on Omastar and also have webs up on the opponent's side of the field.

Last edited:
sorry i was away today :v
There was a tie (unless i suck at counting lol), so I did !pick, and, congrats to Zyo for winning! Second place goes to SubMindRaikou
Stun: 4
Zyo: 5
Escoffier: 2
Submindraikou: 5
miyoka/(tree sound)'s vote does not count because she voted for herself.

Next week's type will be rock (no poll because only 2 types left), and the pokemon will be...

Omastar, and...

Tyrantrum!​
Voting deadline: 8/23
Zyo didn't have descriptions

Reactions: 6ti

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Offensive Setup Sweeper Double Band Rock
Omastar @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 200 Atk / 88 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Encore

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Basically this team is just a whole lot of offensive meant to keep the pressure on your opponent most of the time [except shuckle] which is there for webs+rocks support to help the band users tear though faster teamsthat are fenerally more weak to rocks. Aggron instead of going with tye traditional curse I chose SpD and fire punch one because Mega Aggron couod use the SpD alot more and with Fire Punch and 2 banded users with Fighting type attacks Steel while still a big threat can be taken down. Omastar jist destroys Groumd as it can switch in on a choice locked EQ and setup Sheel Smash and Ground can almost do nothing to stop it allowing it to take down a larger majority of its weaknesses. Then tyranitar is as all sand teams for the sandstorm support that allows the team to go through sashes without to much worry and the 4 coverage moves allows Tyranitar to have a wide coverage of the entire metagame.

Last edited:
Omastar @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind / Earth Power

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD
Lonely Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 208 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Avalanche

This was another pretty fun core to build around, this is what I was able to come up with. I felt the core really embellished Rock's HO Playstyle, so I took that to my advantage by making the team filled with dangerous set up sweepers and wallbreakers to apply constant pressure to the opposing side.
Omastar is the first part of the required core, and I feel it is pretty underrated on rock teams. It's a really nice win con vs Ground teams, which is how I tailored the set to work. Timid Nature allows it to outspeed Excadrill after a Shell Smash and Weak Armor boost, and Air Balloon not only gives an extremely handy Ground Immunity, but also forces Excadrill to go for Iron Head in an attempt to take it out (which in turn activates Weak Armor). From there it is kinda self explanatory. You could run Modest, however, if you feel safe with Sticky Webs, but this is more of a "better to be safe than sorry" type of deal.

Tyrantrum was the second required mon, and I decided to take a different route than normal, and use a Dragon Dance set. Without the extra boosts, it is still insanely strong, boasting the Strongest Recoiless Head Smash in the game! It also has that extremely beneficial part Dragon typing that gives it neutrality to Grass and Water (so comibined with its good natural bulk, its not terribly hard to get it up to +1). It also gives it the leverage to make it non Choice-Locked, and allow it to safely hit pokemon like Mew, Sableye, Rotom, ect, and often land 2KOs. With Sticky Web support, Tyrantrum's a lot more threatening, especially at +1, being able to effortlessly hit most mons it would not be able to outspeed without it.

Shuckle is an incredibly vital part of this team, acting as the Hazard Setter. Sticky Webs especially is the very backbone of this team, allowing most of these dangerous sweepers and wallbreakers to outspeed Pokemon they normall wouldn't. Mental herb allows it to bypass taunt, which would otherwise often shut it down, so you're guaranteed to get at least 1 hazard down. Encore is to lock mons that feel they can safely boost against it, and Knock Off, as the name implies, knocks off items (this is especially helpful vs Normal teams).

Mega Diancie was the Mega I decided on, because of its unmatched ability to severly threaten Fighting. It is an astounding wallbreaker, with very strong mixed STABS, and HP Fire to 2KO Skarmory (who is often used to check it), Ferrothorn, and Mega Scizor (which you'll more than likely hit on switchin more often than not). Cal Mind is used over Protect since with Sticky Webs, it'll very often be fast enough under Sticky Webs to not need it. Earth Power could be used here instead if you desire the extra coverage.

Tyranitar I feel is one of the most innovate parts of the team--I wanted to try something that's seldomly seen in Monotype, but nonetheless a danger in disguise: Pursuit-Trapping. With a Choice Band slapped on it, it's stupidly strong, and makes Pursuit-Trapping especially all the more dangerous. Especially under Sticky Webs, its gonna be hard to have a safe switchin to this monster, with a Combination of its nearly unresisted STABs, and Fire Punch to hit Skarmory and Klefki. The Special Defense EVs allows it to hit a monstrous 400 Special Defense stat in the Sandstorm.

The last slot took me a while to figure out, because I wasn't really sure what I wanted the most to round out the team. I first debated on Cradily, but even equipped with the Curse set I felt it was a bit of a momentum drainer. Then I thought that, under Sticky Webs, this team should not have a lot of trouble vs Water, since most of the team is so stupidly strong there isn't a lot that can switchin to them repeatedly. I noticed as well that Scizor litterally 6-0's me entirely, so it may be nice to have a reliable check. Hence, I decided to use Rhyperior. It fits extremely well with the rest of the team since it is also incredibly powerful, and it grants me some extra coverage I was lacking. Weakness Policy is an amazing asset for this, because of Solid Rock and its gargantuan defense stat, it can tank nearly any Physical Attack, and get a boost (since Rhyperior stacks a lot of weaknesses, this is actually to my advantage). Once boosted, it is absurdly dangerous, and a pain to kill without a strong Special Attack. He adds onto the offensive pressure this team creates, and round it out as a whole.

scpinion

Molten, a Hyper-Offensive Rock Team
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...um-building-stage.3572102/page-9#post-6954585
Dece1t

Omastar @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind / Earth Power

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD
Lonely Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 208 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Avalanche

Last edited:
This concludes our voting period! There was a tie in the votes, so I did !pick and Dece1t won!
The Excadrill: 2
Stun: 2

There was no poll this cycle because there is only one type left (unless i screwed up somewhere)
This cycle's type will be steel, and the pokemon will be...

Metagross, and

Empoleon!​
Building deadline: 9/4
Good luck!

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Flash Cannon

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Serious Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
Reactions: 6ti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)