Metagame Monotype Suspect: Medichamite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another extremely important thing to consider is the fact that we still don't have all the mega stones just yet. What's going to happen when we get Mega Gallade, Mega Diancie, Mega Swampert, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Altaria, and so on? I'm very confident to say that once we have more of the mega stones released, it will have a large impact on Mega Medicham. It will have a large impact on how the whole tier functions. We need to wait before anything else.
Mega Medicham is being suspected because the council feels it is having an unhealthy impact on the metagame right now.

So ORAS is irrelevant, and so is this hypothetical future metagame we'll have when all the mega stones are released. We shouldn't try to balance the tier based on either.

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I sincerely don't see the point in banning Mega Medicham this early. Yes it is shaking the metagame, but we also need to account for the fact that it was and is legal in ORAS monotype and used the same moveset then that it does now. Nothing about it has changed. In addition, SM gave every type new pokemon and unique buffs in capabilities (new moves or base stats), Z crystals, and or terrains to point out the big ones.
Another extremely important thing to consider is the fact that we still don't have all the mega stones just yet. What's going to happen when we get Mega Gallade, Mega Diancie, Mega Swampert, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Altaria, and so on? I'm very confident to say that once we have more of the mega stones released, it will have a large impact on Mega Medicham. It will have a large impact on how the whole tier functions. We need to wait before anything else. I don't want to see another similar Hoopa-Unbound argument where there are just no counters and it should be banned solely for that fact. That's just not a good enough reason when there are loads of great checks on every monotype. I do not believe that psychic is any different now than it was in ORAS at this point. If anything it's less diverse because it doesn't have Mega Gardevoir as an option atm. I believe that we need to wait on more mega stones to be released and for the meta to slow down and adapt to mega medicham because as far as I see it, Mega Medicham does literally the EXACT SAME THINGS IT DID IN ORAS. Nothing about that has changed. You can say that it can forgo fake out now as opposed to ORAS but in all honesty that just makes it easier to check because it loses the priority+flinch damage.
I am opposed to banning Medichamite because we are still missing plenty of mega stones and mega medicham has not been here for more than 2 weeks. We need to wait before we make such a hasty decision to ban this mon. Yes it is strong. No it is not unstoppable. It's basically the exact same Mega Medicham that existed in ORAS. It can be dealt with now just like it could be dealt with then. DO NOT BAN.
Please read through this thread before commenting with your own opinion. At least one of your points has already been dismissed as invalid reasoning. Wanka explained why ORAS is irrelevant in this suspect so I'll quote him.
Also, in regards to the comparisons to oras. Medicham was next in line for a suspect don't get it twisted. Not many people knew that so there's a lot of "it's no different from oras." Well, in oras it was on the suspect list and a good reason why we could never get around to it was due to the fact that the community had to try suspect 2 mons twice in a metagame in order to baby the community into making good decisions so just be aware of that before u conjure up some blasphemy about a comparison to oras because it was broken there too.
Regarding your argument that we should wait until the other megas get released, I'm a little baffled by your logic. We're trying to balance a metagame right now. Mega Altaria, Diancie, Gardevoir, etc are not part of this metagame right now. Mega Medicham is. If the other mega stones do get released at some point and they somehow have an impact on whether Mega Medicham should be legal, we can discuss it when it happens.

All that matters in this suspect is what the metagame is like right now. If Medicham is overcentralizing, uncompetitive, or overpowered as the metagame stands right now, then it should be banned. Hypothetical metagame changes such as the unconfirmed release of certain mega stones have no place in this discussion.

Edit: sniped by Tyke

Last edited:
Just to develop further on what Acast has mentioned regarding the fact that Megacham was in line for suspect, in using the argument that 'nothing has changed' you are justifying the suspect more, as it was in line with the plan for the ORAS metagame. If anything those who are Anti-Ban should be making the argument as to what has changed between the generations to have lessened Megacham's impact on the tier such as checks and counters that were previously banned being reintroduced such as MegaBro and Mega Sableye and the new checks we have gained in gen 7 such as the Tapu Koko, Mimikyu, Scarf Bulu etc. My personal opinion is that these are not enough to have limited the centralisation of Megacham and I hope that in further discussions people will look at the impact medi in the meta right now rather than that of ORAS.

It's one week in and I got my reqs, so I guess I'll talk about my personal experience with Mega Medicham and its overcentralizing influence so far.

To get my reqs, I personally used a complete cteam to Mega Medicham Psychic that was built purely to beat it with quite a few tech options. There's pretty much no way Psychic could beat my team, although I did lose once because Thunder Punch paralyze -> full paralysis -> full paralysis really just can't be helped. Because I was cteaming Psychic, I had no choice but to weaken a lot of my other matchups. In what's supposed to be one of my type's more reliable matchups, I had to play very carefully to win because I lacked the Pokemon that normally made that matchup good. I also lacked one of the best checks to Water teams, which I saw quite often in both stall and rain HO variants. I weighed having a 100% matchup vs Psychic (barring extreme luck of course) to be more valuable than beating two other very common types. Obviously I wouldn't build teams that have no contingency plans against common threats on non-Psychic teams, but I heavily relied on surprise and unorthodox sets and strategies that would probably fail against players that have seen my team in action before.

Personally, I find this rock-paper-scissors result to be really problematic. The pre-Mega Medicham metagame was not nearly as matchup based as the metagame is now. Regardless of whether I think Mega Medicham is in itself broken, the fact that it has induced a completely matchup-based metagame is pretty unacceptable. I'll reference the ORAS Mega Sableye suspect quickly. Types that could not beat Mega Sableye normally had overly specific options that they could use at the cost of weakening all of their other matchups. While Mega Medicham is not as oppressive as ORAS Mega Sableye was, as it doesn't outright invalidate multiple types, it still forces the entire metagame to build around it. When your options are mutually exclusive {Beat Mega Medicham Psychic and lose to most standard teams, beat most standard teams and lose to Mega Medicham Psychic}, that's not a metagame that encourages skillful building and play. That's not to say there isn't any skill at all; I think the method I got reqs with is evidence of that. However, I think it also reflects the almost absurd amounts of care and attention I had to give Mega Medicham to succeed.

I should note that's all with me using a cteam to Mega Medicham. I've been watching many people ladder with a wide range of skill levels and the most successful were also using Psychic cteams (a couple were also doing very well with my team in fact). People that weren't cteaming Psychic generally either took much longer to get reqs or couldn't at all. I think that really says a lot about Mega Medicham's influence on the ladder.

Over the 40 some games I played and over 100 I watched, the main teams I were seeing on the ladder were:
  • Psychic
  • HO Steel
  • non-HO Steel
  • Fairy
  • Flying
  • Bug
  • Rain Water
  • Stall Water
  • Poison
It's pretty simple to break this into three groups:

{Mega Medicham Psychic: Psychic} beats {Standard teams: non-HO Steel, Fairy, Flying, Poison}
{Standard teams: non-HO Steel, Fairy, Flying, Poison} beat (for the most part) {Psychic cteams: HO Steel, Bug}.
{Psychic cteams: HO Steel, Bug, Rain Water} beat {Mega Medicham Psychic: Psychic}
Stall is honestly maybe okay right now but the people using it have not even been close to getting reqs, probably due to a skill issue.

I won't speak to how effective some of these teams were in the hands of some players, as there is a huge sample range, but on average assuming proper play, this is the result I would expect. This is far removed from the usual type matchups because they're created purely because Mega Medicham exists and makes Psychic teams almost impossible to beat normally without a fully tailored build.

Looking at MPL, I think the best-of-three format most noticeably exposes the nature of the metagame and how overcentralized teambuilding is right now. These replays show just how different SM Monotype is and what emphasis builders are putting on Mega Medicham, in either using it or cteaming it. Specifically, they're teams where both players either used Psychic or used a Psychic cteam.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-565565353 (Two cteams)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7monotype-276136 (Two Psychic teams)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-562408530 (Two cteams)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-562757076 (Psychic vs a cteam)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7monotype-276144 (Psychic vs a cteam)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-565530740 (Using Ghost in 2017 (cwl) vs fun and interactive Psychic)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-564069859 (Two Psychic teams)

7 out of the 19 battles so far had both players specifically targeting Mega Medicham or using it. That's not even including the battles where only one team had Mega Medicham or only one team was cteaming it. If one team was cteaming and the other wasn't Psychic or if one team used Psychic and the other wasn't a cteam, you get one try to guess which team won almost every single time. If you ask any of the builders for best-of-three SM (or SM in general), I'm sure they can tell you all about how ever so fun it is to be build like this right now when Mega Medicham looms in the back of our minds the whole time. Fun is, of course, subjective and irrelevant, but the question is really about the underlying issue of the three-way disjunct mandate we're given: use Psychic, beat Psychic, or beat cteams.

Personally, I see Mega Medicham as broken because it all but necessitates its usage or usage of some over-the-top check. Yes there is skill in weighing the costs and deciding between which team to use. There is skill in doing smart preparation. That's what was Monotype without Mega Medicham. However, right now we're not really even playing Pokemon and making good plays and builds. We're just matching pennies.

Don't give up on getting req's Namranan and anyone else trying to get them, there are only 9 people that legitimately have them at the time of this post. It is easier to get them close to the end of the suspect by nature.

I don't have much to say about mega medicham since it's literally been out for 2ish weeks? Psychic is really powerful right now but not that many people have actually been trying to adjust their teams. When users like that get smashed by something new and powerful the natural response is to say its uber. The only thing I personally don't like about the current metagame is having to play against psychic over and over again. The monotony of monotype is what would make me vote ban more than anything.

Don't give up on getting req's Namranan and anyone else trying to get them, there are only 9 people that legitimately have them at the time of this post. It is easier to get them close to the end of the suspect by nature.

I don't have much to say about mega medicham since it's literally been out for 2ish weeks? Psychic is really powerful right now but not that many people have actually been trying to adjust their teams. When users like that get smashed by something new and powerful the natural response is to say its uber. The only thing I personally don't like about the current metagame is having to play against psychic over and over again. The monotony of monotype is what would make me vote ban more than anything.
(I don't have Reqs yet btw, I'm just posting a personal opinion real quick)

(and this is why you use Bug to counter Psychic :D) all seriousness aside... I do agree Mega medicham should be banned for now, and be reintroduced, because Mega Medicham has only a few checks, and will change how teambuilding is done especially to handle the already explosive offense of psychic. Through this gen the only types I can see handling Medicham the easiest would be flying (but your taking a 50/50 if it has the likely move Ice punch... which it will) Bug (pinsir M and other stuff, but this is ignored) Electric (Zapdos and Tapu Koko, and Raichu as well). Other teams might have to rely on strategys to take it out such as predicting a HJK and using protect, making it kill it's self.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I've been thinking about this suspect and I think it deserves a ban.
Though it's not a threat to me because I'm a selfish ghost user that dickrides on Sableye, I'm honestly really tired of half the community magically converting their main types to Psychic because of the ban. If it was banned I would see a lot more diversity in the opponents I face and making Monotyoe more fun as a whole.
Though I will be sad if fighting jesus get the ban, it will be better for Monotype as a whole.

NOTE:

Don't have my Reqs yet since I only have ghost to ladder with. Plus Pokémon showdown is blocked because my grades are dropping.

As a Ghost user who got the reqs (luckily) I deserves the ban the meta would be counter pick heavy. Even though I'm very very biased of the best thing for ghost which is no ban it has to go. Seeing how the counters of mega sableye, mega slowbro, doublade and gourgiest-super if no ice punch that makes 5-6 reliable types that doesn't have to sack or make 1-2 hard predicts to take it out. It murders stall, defensive and some balanced teams which is pretty bad. So for all of the community who things mega medicham should stay take my word if a biased ghost user wants something that will help ghost a lot in the meta to go it should go.

Personally i believe that a temporary ban should be placed on mega medicham until either the other mega stones are released, or until the next pokemon game (nintendo said they will make a new game for the switch). A lot of counters that mega medicham had in gen6 now no longer exists and most mons that counter mega cham for types like rock, ice, or poison get 2hko'd. Even neutral walls considering a max defense forretress gets two shot by mega cham. It is clear to see that abilities like pure power/huge power are the real issue here if mega cham had a different ability is wouldn't be broken; however, as we all know this will not change, and considering in order for an ice team to kill mega cham it literally has to sacrifice a full hp sturdy avalugg to ohko it. But even with max defense mega cham still brings it down to sturdy, and i imagine the story is much the same for other types ie rock, steel.

And with bullet punch and fake out its very hard to keep a sash considering that cham can fake out the avalugg breaking sturdy then ohko with high jump kick. While yes there are other broken mons like magerana, victini, jirachi, etc. mega cham is clearly the culprit and without the prescence of its previous mega counters and the lack of viable counters for it mega chamm makes team comps revolve around it. Basically every team has to have a mega chamm counter and not many do with out having to sacrificeing half the team to get fainted by the remaining 5 fighting/psychic mons.

I think that the best thing to do is place a temporary bann mega chamm until its old counters are released once more ie:mega gardevoir,mega gallade, and mega lopunny, (ofc bann lopunny its was totally broken gen6)

Eien: Sorry to edit your post but it was so difficult to read for many people. Please use at least some grammar conventions so that we can see where each sentence ends. I also added in line breaks where I felt your points should end. I don't want to need to do this again, so please work on readability. (For the record, I only edited in punctuation and capitalization. All content is still the same)

Last edited by a moderator:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
personally i believe that a temporary ban should be placed on mega medicham until either the other mega stones are released, or until the next pokemon game (nintendo said they will make a new game for the switch) alot of counters that mega medicham had in gen6 now no longer exists and most mons that counter mega cham for types like rock, ice, or poison get 2hko'd even neutral walls considering a max defense forretress gets two shot buy mega cham is clear to see that abilities like pure power/huge power are the real issue here if mega cham had a different ability is wouldn't be broken however as we all know this will not change, and considering in order for an ice team to kill mega cham it literally has to sacrifice a full hp sturdy avalugg to ohko it but even with max defense mega cham still brings it down to sturdy, and i imagine the story is much the same for other types ie rock, steel, and with bullet punch and fake out its very hard to keep a sash considering that cham can fake out the avalugg breaking sturdy then ohko with high jump kick, while yes there are other broken mons like magerana, victini, jirachi, etc. mega cham is clearly the culprit and without the prescence of its previous mega counters and the lack of viable counters for it mega chamm makes team comps revolve around it basically every team has to have a mega chamm counter and not many do with out having to sacrificeing half the team to get fainted by the remaining 5 fighting/psychic mons i think that the best thing to do is place a temporary bann mega chamm until its old counters are released once more ie:mega gardevoir,mega gallade, and mega lopunny, (ofc bann lopunny its was totally broken gen6)
Victini Jirachi and Mega Lopunny aren't broken. They have counters like slowbro and heatran. MegaCham's old "counters" weren't even counters seeing as switching them in on Mega-Cham would result them getting OHKOed, or down to the range of Bullet Punch's damage. Mega Gardevoir takes damage by HJK Zen HeadButt, Thunder or Ice Punch, then dies to BP. Gallade dies to Zen HeadButt, and Lopunny dies to HJK. The Pokémon you listed were checks, not counters, meaning that if Mega Cham gets a free switch in, it will body a member of the opponents team, or do serious damage to, therefore warping the meta, if you do not have a Mega Slowbro, Mega Sableye, or Doublade.

Sorry about the grammar fuck ups but I think I made my point pretty clear.

Personally i believe that a temporary ban should be placed on mega medicham until either the other mega stones are released, or until the next pokemon game (nintendo said they will make a new game for the switch). A lot of counters that mega medicham had in gen6 now no longer exists and most mons that counter mega cham for types like rock, ice, or poison get 2hko'd. Even neutral walls considering a max defense forretress gets two shot by mega cham. It is clear to see that abilities like pure power/huge power are the real issue here if mega cham had a different ability is wouldn't be broken; however, as we all know this will not change, and considering in order for an ice team to kill mega cham it literally has to sacrifice a full hp sturdy avalugg to ohko it. But even with max defense mega cham still brings it down to sturdy, and i imagine the story is much the same for other types ie rock, steel.

And with bullet punch and fake out its very hard to keep a sash considering that cham can fake out the avalugg breaking sturdy then ohko with high jump kick. While yes there are other broken mons like magerana, victini, jirachi, etc. mega cham is clearly the culprit and without the prescence of its previous mega counters and the lack of viable counters for it mega chamm makes team comps revolve around it. Basically every team has to have a mega chamm counter and not many do with out having to sacrificeing half the team to get fainted by the remaining 5 fighting/psychic mons.

I think that the best thing to do is place a temporary bann mega chamm until its old counters are released once more ie:mega gardevoir,mega gallade, and mega lopunny, (ofc bann lopunny its was totally broken gen6)

Eien: Sorry to edit your post but it was so difficult to read for many people. Please use at least some grammar conventions so that we can see where each sentence ends. I also added in line breaks where I felt your points should end. I don't want to need to do this again, so please work on readability. (For the record, I only edited in punctuation and capitalization. All content is still the same)

Care to explain how Magearna, Victini, and Jirachi are broken? Because I'm pretty sure they have more than 3-4 switch-ins in the entire metagame. Also, Ice has a few offensive checks to Mega Medicham outside of Avalugg, such as Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Sandslash and Beartic under hail, and Scarfers like Mamoswine and Kyurem-Black. Bullet Punch was primarily for Mega Diancie back in ORAS, and isn't very relevant in the SM metagame.

Regarding the argument about waiting for the other Mega Evolutions to be released, it was discussed earlier in the thread that Mega Medicham is being suspected because of its unhealthy presence in the metagame currently, and that the past metagame, as well as the hypothetical future metagame, is completely irrelevant. And echoing theuntalented's points about the previous Mega Evolved "counters", the Pokemon you listed weren't counters at all. The real Mega Medicham counters already exist right now in Mega Sableye, Mega Slowbro, and Doublade, which are only usable for 5 of the 18 types.

mushamu

God jihyo
Care to explain how Magearna, Victini, and Jirachi are broken? Because I'm pretty sure they have more than 3-4 switch-ins in the entire metagame. Also, Ice has a few offensive checks to Mega Medicham outside of Avalugg, such as Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Sandslash and Beartic under hail, and Scarfers like Mamoswine and Kyurem-Black. Bullet Punch was primarily for Mega Diancie back in ORAS, and isn't very relevant in the SM metagame.

Regarding the argument about waiting for the other Mega Evolutions to be released, it was discussed earlier in the thread that Mega Medicham is being suspected because of its unhealthy presence in the metagame currently, and that the past metagame, as well as the hypothetical future metagame, is completely irrelevant. And echoing theuntalented's points about the previous Mega Evolved "counters", the Pokemon you listed weren't counters at all. The real Mega Medicham counters already exist right now in Mega Sableye, Mega Slowbro, and Doublade, which are only usable for 5 of the 18 types.
Ice DOES have checks to Mega-Medi, but they are easily avoided. Sandslash & Beartic get walled by Slowbro. Mega Medicham carries bullet punch for secondary priority, as Fake Out + Bullet Punch wears down a lot of threats. Bullet Punch takes down Ninetails and other weakened Pokémon, and causes mind games for sucker punch users.

And if you do manage to take down Mega Medicham somehow, you still have threats like Victini Jirachi and Mew to deal with. Mega Medicham OHKOs Ice's only reliable spinner, avalugg. With rocks up, ice is gonna struggle this gen. Psychic is near unmanageable for lower types such as Ice, Rock and Grass. You're gonna have a tough time in this metagame if you main those types, seeing as psychic spam is everywhere.

The laddering period of the Medichamite suspect test has concluded. Thank you to everyone that participated on the ladder! The voting period will now begin.

Until May 5th 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4), voters may cast their vote by starting a private conversation with Eien here on Smogon.

To do so, click Eien and click "Start a Conversation". Make the Conversation Title something to the effect of: "Medichamite Suspect Vote". In the message, please choose one of two options:
Medichamite: Ban
Medichamite: Do Not Ban
A 60% majority is required to ban Medichamite.

The deadline is final and there will be no exceptions whatsoever.

If either a Ban threshold of 18 voters or Do Not Ban threshold of 13 voters is met, Eien will announce the results early. However, you may still cast your vote for the sake of posterity. If not, the results will be announced as soon as the voting period ends.

If your name is in the following list, please cast your vote. If your name is not in the following list but you have reached at least 2800 COIL in at most 70 games and posted proof of such in the suspect voter ID thread within the laddering period, notify Eien immediately with a link to your post.

You may still continue discussion in this thread. Do not use this thread to cast your vote. If you have questions regarding the voting process, message Eien.

Tagging The Immortal set up the normal Monotype ladder. Thank you!

Even though I use ice most of the time i dont think megacham deserves a ban. It really just takes proper team prep, but i don't really run stally teams so I guess its not my meta being broken. Ice has frosslass and avalugg to somewhat check it defensively but they heavily rely on predictions on when bp vs hj kick so they arent very reliable. Also for those saying frosslass and doublade arent healthy adaptations, then i would say neither is special cloyster for sciz or whatever weird counters grass users come up with for char y. Teams have always had to revolve around certain pokemon (victini, venu, exca etc....). That fact is even more prevalent the lower teir the type. I mean steel hasnt been forced to run anything besides heatran in a while so maybe the question isn't if megacham has no checks but maybe if people aren't willing to use anything outside of the norm :~|.

Of course I could just be used to dealing with impossible threats since im an ice user but maybe that also makes me the best judge of what is impossible (megagross>sciz=megacham). I wont change any opinions by writing this but i just wanted to give you my perspective if it gets banned I dont care that much it just means i replace frosslass and hopefully find a nonexistent magearna check when steel rises back up

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Even though I use ice most of the time i dont think megacham deserves a ban. It really just takes proper team prep, but i don't really run stally teams so I guess its not my meta being broken. Ice has frosslass and avalugg to somewhat check it defensively but they heavily rely on predictions on when bp vs hj kick so they arent very reliable. Also for those saying frosslass and doublade arent healthy adaptations, then i would say neither is special cloyster for sciz or whatever weird counters grass users come up with for char y. Teams have always had to revolve around certain pokemon (victini, venu, exca etc....). That fact is even more prevalent the lower teir the type. I mean steel hasnt been forced to run anything besides heatran in a while so maybe the question isn't if megacham has no checks but maybe if people aren't willing to use anything outside of the norm :~|.

Of course I could just be used to dealing with impossible threats since im an ice user but maybe that also makes me the best judge of what is impossible (megagross>sciz=megacham). I wont change any opinions by writing this but i just wanted to give you my perspective if it gets banned I dont care that much it just means i replace frosslass and hopefully find a nonexistent magearna check when steel rises back up
Ice is an unfortunately flawed type that would have to run niche things like Specs Walrein (or your example of special Cloyster) even if you ban the type's biggest threats. Scizor is the big threat to Ice now, but if you remove Scizor, you're still stuck dealing with Excadrill. Remove Excadrill and you still have to deal with Jirachi. If Jirachi gets banned, there's still Autotomize Celesteela, Magearna, and even Durant. You can keep banning steel types and ice will just keep struggling against it. That's why that situation is different from Mega Medicham. If Medichamite is banned, the absolute dominance that Psychic has over the metagame right now would likely cease. Banning Medichamite would arguably balance out many matchups and have a large overall impact on the metagame. Banning Scizor wouldn't even change the Steel vs Ice matchup. You really can't compare the two.

As a side note, Grass's "weird counter" to Char Y is Cradily (and maybe scarf Stone Edge Tapu Bulu?), which would be on most Grass teams even if you ban Char Y. I wouldn't say Cradily is nearly as niche as some of the things Ice has to use.

While there is still time before the end of the voting period and some voters have not made their decision yet, their vote will not change the outcome of this suspect.

Ban: 20
Do Not Ban: 5
Ban %: 80%

Votes: 25
Total Voters: 30

Monotype requires at least a 60% majority vote to ban, and even if the remaining 5 voters all voted Do Not Ban, the vote would still be 66% in favor to ban, meaning the outcome cannot be changed. As a result, Medichamite is now banned from Monotype.

Thank you to everyone that participated in the suspect! You may view the votes here.

Should they so desire, the remaining may still cast their vote for the sake of record keeping by PMing Eien.

Tagging The Immortal to implement this change. Thank you! Sorry to tag you twice in such rapid succession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)