Other Metagames [Mix and Mega] Most Definitely a Team

|
|
|
|
|

Introduction

I absolutely love Mix and Mega. It's my most played metagame on Pokemon Showdown and I always have a blast playing it. Thing is, I'm not so good with the teambuilding, things just come and go according to what is needed. That is why I am employing your help! Together, let's organize this mish-mash of Pokemon to form a coherent team!

The Team

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Other than being my primary Blue Orb counter, Primal Groudon is also my team's primary sweeper. While it may be known best for its specially defensive sets, Double Dance is a menace to face for unprepared teams. Swords Dance doubles its Attack, while Rock Polish patches up its lacking Speed, although it is rare that both are set up in the same match. Precipice Blades and Stone Edge provide near perfect coverage for each other. Once Primal Groudon sets up, it can be hard to stop, although Blue Orb Golisopod does KO with Aqua Jet.

Arceus-Water @ Waternium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Arceus Water is a great defensive Pokemon, capable of switching into most Fire- and Ice-types. With access to Waternium Z, it gains some offensive presence, allowing it to take on most Fire-types, barring ones with Red Orb. Ice Beam provides coverage against Pokemon like Zygarde and Pinsirite users (RIP Dragonite, but not really, you were unfair). Toxic primarily for Primal Groudon and Recover to heal lost HP.

Magearna @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Sablenite Magearna is one bulky Pokemon, while still having decent offenses. I decided on a specially defensive set because I already have physically bulky Pokemon in Arceus Water and Skarmory. Fleur Cannon and Flash Cannon are two great offensive moves, with the former having great power and the latter being reliable. Heart Swap allows Magearna to rid itself of Special Attack drops from Fleur Cannon, while potentially stealing boosts from an opposing sweeper. Pain Split is Magearna's best option for recovery, keeping it alive much longer.

Weavile @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Jolly
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Throat Chop
- Frustration

When combined with Glalitite, Weavile becomes an offensive monster, boasting high Attack, Speed, and STAB dual priority in Fake Out and Feint. I like using Throat Chop because of its ability to handle Psychic-types and sound users such as Slowbronite Blissey. I also added Frustration to deal extra damage against many different Pokemon.

Pheromosa @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Timid
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Blizzard
- U-turn

It may have just been released so recently, but this thing is borderline broken. It can easily 2HKO much of the meta with a perfectly accurate Focus Blast and Blizzard. Bug Buzz is used to hit Psychic-types super effectively and U-turn is run to switch out into a partner, even if it doesn't do that much damage.

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk/ 8 SpD
Adamant
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Aqua Jet

Good old Blue Orb Golisopod, my team's primary Primal Groudon switchin. This thing hits hard, especially with a high BP move in Liquidation and priority in Aqua Jet. Leech Life offers coverage while also some recovery and Toxic is used to wear down walls and catch Red Orb users on the switch in.

Conclusion

To conclude, this team really has no coherence to it. I really just developed it from when the metagame first developed for Sun and Moon. Over the course of this time, I just added and replaced Pokemon based on what worked and what didn't. This has worked out rather well, however, and am excited to have the opportunity to make it even better!

EDIT
I changed Pheromosa to Pidgeotite, just because of how good it is. I also changed Skarmory to Golisopod because it really wasn't working well for me. Additionally, I learned of one primary issue that this team struggles with: Red Orb Raikou. I legitimately have no reliable switchins to this thing and it OHKOs or 2HKOs every Pokemon with either Weather Ball (Not even Golisopod stops it) or Thunder Bolt. This is a serious problem that I cannot get around, so when coming up with improvements, please address this threat.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)