Other Metagames [Mix and Mega] Flashpoint

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Huge shoutout to Team Pokepals for the banner!​

Introduction

Welcome to my first RMT, Flashpoint! This is a Mix and Mega team created when my IRL friend IT11 told me to build around the core of Arceus-Ghost and Tapu Koko, probably since he knows about my love for Electric types. Originally, this was going to be a HO team with minimal defensive support, but I decided to make it a balance team after a while of using it due to the insane amount of prediction required when you rely purely on immunities and resistances for switching into attacks rather than having bulk.

Balance, despite not being my favorite playstyle, fits this core incredibly well. Tapu Koko isn’t exactly a strong Pokemon nor is it bulky, but it’s a damn good pivot and being able to pivot into defensive Pokemon such as Zapdos for when the opponent brings in their Dragonite is just awesome.

As a personal note, I honestly didn’t think I’d stick around on this website long enough to make this RMT and I think it’s a good representation of how far I’ve come. I used Shock Wave on Hydreigon at one point, for crying out loud, so it’s nice to see that I’ve improved and I’m glad I’ve gotten to a position where I’m able to share this team with you all. I’m still not the best battler, but the important thing is that I’ve tried and came far enough and I’m incredibly grateful to everyone who supported me along the way.

I’ve ranted on for long enough. Here’s the team!

Dragonite @ Salamencite
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Frustration / Facade

Dragonite is a top-tier threat in Mix and Mega. With its Attack stat of 134 prior to Mega Evolving as well as having access to Multiscale, Dragonite is able to set up on and KO a multitude of Pokemon such as Golisopod and Primal Groudon. In addition, access to Dragon Dance means it doesn’t risk being outsped and KOed by threats such as Scarf Xerneas which can really come in handy as Dragonite can do a lot of damage to teams once it sets up, also easily reducing the amount of Pokemon that can revenge it due to the speed after Mega Evolving. Salamencite is the item of choice due to granting better bulk than Pinsirite which can really come in handy when switching into stuff that can drop your defenses like Golisopod’s Liquidation. Also, it lets you set up more Dragon Dances on certain Pokemon which can really help Dragonite sweep the opposing team as each Dragon Dance grants phenomenal power to Dragonite. Pinsirite can be run if preferred, Salamencite is just a personal preference. The moves are fairly self explanatory - Dragon Dance is Dragonite’s boosting move, boosting its Attack and Speed so it can sweep better. Extreme Speed is just awesome for revenge killing, but it’s also an incredibly spammable STAB attack which will net you a multitude of KOs. Earthquake is coverage for types that resist Flying such as Electric, Rock and Steel. It hits things such as Arceus-Rock which otherwise fearlessly forces a switch. Frustration is a more powerful Flying STAB used to net KOs you won’t achieve with Extreme Speed, and Facade is a niche option that works incredibly well against stall teams and all teams in general if you can bait Toxics. Stone Edge has rarely hit for me which is why it isn’t on the set, but if your luck is good then I’d recommend Stone Edge.

Terrakion @ Metagrossite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Terrakion provides a valuable way to break Sablenite Blissey which this team really struggles with, which is why it’s important to keep this healthy in that matchup. Terrakion also provides Stealth Rock support which aids Tapu Koko’s damage output in being less terrible. In addition, Terrakion functions as a one time switchin to Red Orb Raikou and it also forces Red Orb Raikou out, which this team also struggles with. Not much else to say here - It’s strong, Metagrossite is used to gain as much speed as possible and while leading with this is a good option, generally I lead with any of the other five Pokemon depending on what I predict the opponent to lead with.

Zapdos @ Venusaurite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Zapdos provides an answer to so many top threats in the metagame. It walls Dragonite variants that don’t have Stone Edge (which never hits, let’s be honest), it walls Pheromosa and it walls other things. Toxic over HP Ice or Heat Wave was a personal choice that I used to cripple Ground-types such as Primal Groudon and Arceus-Ground. In addition, if the opponent’s Arceus is their only Defog Pokemon, you can use double switches to bring Zapdos in and either have their Arceus statused or have them switch out, making the opportunity to Defog hinder them in the long run. Defog and Roost are self-explanatory; Hazards hurt this team a lot due to Pokemon like Golisopod and Dragonite despising Stealth Rock, so Defog support is almost mandated and Zapdos was the Pokemon chosen to fill this role. Roost provides Zapdos with reliable recovery - In addition, it loses the Flying-typing for the rest which can be useful in situations where a slow Pokemon is taking advantage of your Flying-typing. However, losing Flying means that you will lose your Ground immunity which can be devastating if the opponent has a slow Primal Groudon, as Precipice Blades and Earthquake both do a lot. 248 HP is used to mitigate Stealth Rock damage and the 8 Special Attack EVs can be thrown into Special Defense, but I prefer Special Attack due to the slightly extra damage output potentially helping with rolls.

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Toxic
- Leech Life

Originally Arceus-Ghost, Golisopod fulfills the role of a secondary Primal Groudon check, a Weavile check, a Cresselia check, and a Durza check because of Durza’s Arceus-Fire love. On a serious note, Golisopod is a ridiculously powerful Pokemon due to Blue Orb’s colossal Attack boost and Primordial Sea boosting the power of its Water-type STAB attacks. This replaced Arceus-Ghost when Zephyr Dragon Lord pointed out my team’s lack of Weavile switchins as well as when I noticed that Arceus-Water didn’t have the damage output I liked. Aqua Jet is incredibly helpful for revenge killing weakened threats such as Pheromosa. Liquidation is the main attack move you will be spamming - The chance to drop defense is just awesome and it hits incredibly hard due to Golisopod’s high Attack stat and the Primordial Sea boost. Toxic helps because any switch-in that isn’t a Steel- or Poison-type will be crippled for the rest of the game and being Poisoned automatically puts any Pokemon on a timer (even Pokemon with reliable recovery because Toxic will help force recovery more often) unless the opposing team has Heal Bell support. Leech Life straight up KOs a bunch of offensive Dark-types like Weavile and Hoopa-U while also giving Golisopod some health back, which is really nice. The EVs and Nature are to maximize damage while keeping bulk. As a side-note to anyone who thinks investing EVs into Speed is a good idea, Golisopod really isn’t worth investing Speed into, outspeeding other Golisopod doesn’t really matter and it’s really slow.

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Low Kick

Weavile is a fast revenge killer, incredibly powerful and prevents me from having to outright click X versus Dragonite. While Zapdos helps in that matchup, Weavile helps revenge kill any boosted Dragonite with Stone Edge coverage - It’s just a question of what you want to sack. If the Dragonite isn’t boosted, you can just Fake Out + Feint; Any relevant Dragonite variant will be automatically KOed by those two moves. Aside from that, Weavile provides a way of dealing with Pokemon such as Arceus-Rock, Arceus-Ground and Zapdos which otherwise give this team a lot of trouble when played well enough. Low Kick is used over Throat Chop because Dark-type STAB isn’t important; Golisopod already checks Cresselia and the things Low Kick hits in this tier is just awesome. Pressure is used over Pickpocket due to wasting a couple of extra PP from opposing moves (and Pickpocket is useless shit since Glalitite can’t be Knocked Off) but the pre-Mega ability doesn’t really matter since you always want to Mega Evolve Weavile.

Tapu Koko @ Lucarionite
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Nature’s Madness

The centerpiece of the team, Tapu Koko was part of the initial core suggested to me by IT11. Not much to say here - A Timid nature lets it hit as much speed as possible. Electric Surge along with Adaptability post-Mega lets you hit ridiculously hard with Thunderbolt. Dazzling Gleam is used to hit stuff that Thunderbolt doesn’t, Volt Switch is for pivoting and Nature’s Madness cripples switch-ins such as Primal Groudon. Tapu Koko in general works really well as a pivot, its speed allows you to pivot out of most situations. Preserve Tapu Koko’s Electric Surge until all Ground types are off the field, if possible - it lets you reap incredible advantage of Electric Surge afterwards.

Threatlist

Honestly, despite how much I prepared for this Pokemon, it’s a pain to face especially if it’s a Rest variant. Golisopod beats it 1v1 and you can Toxic it as well, Tapu Koko can half its HP when it switches in, there are a multitude of ways to beat it. The problem is that you have to maintain extreme pressure against variants that carry Rest. You can’t give it an opportunity to use Rest, as it gets rid of all your prior damage, gets rid of Toxic and just proves to be a pain in the ass.

This team struggles with Sablenite Blissey. Nothing on the team is powerful enough to break it and due to having Natural Cure prior to Mega Evolving you likely won’t find a way to status it either. Terrakion breaks it but the problem is that Blissey is generally accompanied by other fat Pokemon that beat its checks such as Cresselia so you just have to constantly keep up pressure against it.

Honestly just by being there Zygarde forces you to predict a lot with Tapu Koko which is one of the problems with this team - It's ridiculously prediction reliant. Weavile deals with it pretty easily but you have to keep it incredibly healthy until the Zygarde has fainted which really sucks because it gives the opponent a lot more room to take advantage of the matchup.

If Zapdos goes down, this can wreak havoc on the team as the only way to deal with it is to make sure Weavile gets a nice switch-in which will mean something has to die. The best way to deal with this is to keep Zapdos healthy and then if you lose Zapdos your best bet is to just forfeit sack a Pokemon and then revenge with Weavile.

This Pokemon is another threat - Actually the entire team really struggles vs Stall teams in general. Red Orb Togekiss has the typing necessary to take on Weavile and the ability that lets it switch into Golisopod and then it can Defog or Heal Bell for support or go on the offensive with Flamethrower and Dazzling Gleam which can dent you.

Conclusion

That was my first RMT. Sorry it’s not an essay or anything, I didn’t really feel as though I needed to write an essay on how I was the greatest person to ever walk Mix and Mega or I didn’t have a song or anything. I just shared this because it’s one of my favorite teams and I feel like it represents how far I’ve come in general.

So... Yeah. That was my first RMT.

I don’t know how to write conclusions.

Dragonite @ Salamencite
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Facade
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Metagrossite
Ability: Justified
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Toxic
- Leech Life

Weavile @ Glalitite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Low Kick

Tapu Koko @ Lucarionite
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Nature's Madness

Nub Squad (Best people I've had the honour of knowing tbh) - E4 Flint InfernapeTropius11 highlighter
MnM Frens - Chloe. Jordn Ransei nv Laxpras OM room Quantum Tesseract Zephyr Dragon Lord
BH Frens - Dragongroudon9 Illusio ShedMiddleFinga Piccolo Daimao Uselesscrab motherlove Laxpras aki0s draegn DonnotheFirst MAMP Pikachuun Kl4ng PinkDragonTamer MBM99 Kit Kasai Funbot28 The Guy Who Has Many Alts
Mono Frens - 6ti castaways HNBL ChildOfDisorder StarBlim Dece1t stat1c Eien Mateeus_1 The Excadrill MiyoKa Confluxx
Other chill frens that don't fit into any category (or fit into more than one) but still deserve a shoutout - Official Fissure Matame Snaquaza TylerWithNumbers wishes Betathunder cuzzie tysequaine ScarfWynaut
Kris - Kris
God - GmU pokeboss9
person who was thirsty for their own category - Amoonguss
people better than litwick - sedertz
i probably missed out on so many damn people lmao im sorry in advance

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I am a BH friend too so add me mr luxray
If not I am sad

1) IMO Lucarionite fits better on Terrakion due to:

120 * 1.5 STAB * 1.3 Tough Claws = 234 BP

120 * 2 STAB Adaptability = 240 BP

2) Tapu Pucko needs Altarianite:

- Frustration
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness caused by Crack Cocaine

3) I would say,

Red Orb Victini is the answer to Blissey. If switch is clearly predictable, you can simply U-turn.

I am a BH friend too so add me mr luxray
If not I am sad

1) IMO Lucarionite fits better on Terrakion due to:

120 * 1.5 STAB * 1.3 Tough Claws = 234 BP

120 * 2 STAB Adaptability = 240 BP

2) Tapu Pucko needs Altarianite:

- Frustration
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness caused by Crack Cocaine

3) I would say,

Red Orb Victini is the answer to Blissey. If switch is clearly predictable, you can simply U-turn.
Lucarionite, unfortunately, only adds 22 speed as opposed to the 40 from metagrossite, so you end up outsped by Manaphy, Tapu Lele, and Garchomp. Altarianite is unreleased. Red Orb Victini does not answer Blissey.

It's good of you to want to help, but I'd suggest trying some mix and mega before moving into rating for it. It's very different from BH. Now, however, on to my rate:
Swords Dance>Leech Life. This set is my bread and butter for Golisopod: Liquidation / Aqua Jet / Toxic / Swords Dance. SD Golisopod simply demolishes any sort of stall team, dealing easily with Blissey and Zygarde-C. Leech life is just honestly not that good, as you'd rather Toxic all Red Orbers and water types don't really care about unboosted leech life. All it lets you do is deal with Manaphy slightly better, which your team has no issue with.
HP Ice> Toxic. Stone Edge dnite is actually really good and common, and your team just forld before it like wet paper. HP ice also lets you deal somewhat better with Zygarde.
Swords Dance>Earthquake. Earthquake is honestly just bad; sure, it doesn't give drops, but the only thing it hits is Aegislash and sorta Toxapex. SD lets you apply pressure to defensive teams, as +2 edge chunks cress hard and makes it burn moonlights; it lets you 50-50 cresselia between sd and edge, particularly if you've already set rocks earlier in the match.

Reactions: Ren

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)