Mix-and-Mega — Now with Primals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any need to ban Landorus-I at all. By getting banned to ubers, it loses the ability to hold a mega stone. Besides, if you are talking about whether it should still be able to hold a Mega stone I think that would be fine too--the power creep is real in this meta, and I don't think it would be too OP. Its best stones would probably be Absolite, Cameruptite (loses speed tho), and Ampharosite (loses speed again, but wallbreaks all the Aggronite mons), and I feel like with its abysmal typing (always 4x weak to Ice) and the speed and power creep in this meta is enough to leave it unbanned from ubers. I'm sure people will disagree though, and tbh, either way is fine, but I personally believe it is alright to let it hold stones in this meta.
Sorry, I should have specified, I meant lando-T is what we are currently suspecting. Also, its typing really is not all that bad, and the stones it does use right now are what make it both S rank and a suspect. LoPunnite gives it a usable STAB, better speed, and base 205 attack. Any of the -ate giving stones can increase its attack to 155-185, giving lando either a more reliable STAB or powerful coverage. It also gets a pre mega intimidate. If lando gets off a rock polish, and your team doesnt have any resists to its STABs you are pretty much done for. Offense struggles heavily against it when it uses an ate stone, and the loppunite set has almost completely different checks.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Sorry, I should have specified, I meant lando-T is what we are currently suspecting. Also, its typing really is not all that bad, and the stones it does use right now are what make it both S rank and a suspect. LoPunnite gives it a usable STAB, better speed, and base 205 attack. Any of the -ate giving stones can increase its attack to 155-185, giving lando either a more reliable STAB or powerful coverage. It also gets a pre mega intimidate. If lando gets off a rock polish, and your team doesnt have any resists to its STABs you are pretty much done for. Offense struggles heavily against it when it uses an ate stone, and the loppunite set has almost completely different checks.
Yeah I was talking about Lando-I and the stones I mentioned give it 4x Ice weaknesses (Absolite/Cameruptite stay the same, Ampharosite gives Dragon typing). Landorus-T might need to go tbh. EQ/Superpower are great STABs in this meta with Steels using Aggronite running around, as well as Fire-types like Victini. Intimidate pre-Mega, good boosting moves, very strong attack that can get boosted, and access to much better speed makes Lando-T a top threat. Hell, I could even see it using a good Absolite moveset, as it gains 40 speed, 20 attack, and gains Magic Bounce and U-Turn to become a neat pivot, or even Aggronite, gaining 30 attack, 50 defense (combined with Intimidate, nothing is breaking this), and 20 special defense, making it a great tank. It can effectively use pretty much every -ate stone as well. It has a variety of movesets that are all very effective and very hard hitting, and you don't know which moveset it is until it gets a kill, so I think it should go.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hey guys! For anyone online right now, lordmagecar is hosting a Mix and Mega Tour in the Tournaments Room on Aqua! It start in ~15 minutes (XX:40) so get on and join if you're here!

EDIT: link for convenience aqua.psim.us/tournaments (you have to c/p for some reason :s)

EDIT 2: nvm lordmageskrub is a nerd and he started it then DQed everyone then left <_<

Alright guys! At the request of thdhted I will be hosting a Mix and Mega Tour on Aqua tomorrow at noon my time which is 2 PM EST or 7 PM GMT. Show up! Tagging potentially interested people: thdhted (oh wait I already tagged you rof), Ghoul King, Snaquaza, Nmone, xJownage, MaestroDeSWAG, woodboys23, The Reptile, and Ransei!

EDIT: noice and triple post, you guys need to post more rof
ROTFL, yeah. Anyways, yeah, I'm pretty psyched, since I may actually be able to participate this time around. I'll be in school, but it's the last day, so we won't be doing anything. If I can't, I would like it if you guys could post some replays- I want to see some actual play.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
ROTFL, yeah. Anyways, yeah, I'm pretty psyched, since I may actually be able to participate this time around. I'll be in school, but it's the last day, so we won't be doing anything. If I can't, I would like it if you guys could post some replays- I want to see some actual play.
Thank god you saved me from the dreaded quadruple post because I forgot to tag cute user Deathly ♛The King n____n

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thank god you saved me from the dreaded quadruple post because I forgot to tag cute user Deathly ♛The King n____n
> Not tagging me

But I also would like to share something with stall world.

Skarmory @ Charizardite X
Ability: Sturdy --> Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk/ 232 Def
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head/ Whirlwind

The main point of skarmory is to take a hit then run from the supereffective ones, but post mega evolution those nasty fire and electric type attacks suddenly become 1x and resisted damage because it's type changes from a pretty good steel/flying typing to DIALGA. (Steel/Dragon Typing) since it's only weaknesses are fighting and ground now, it can play around with it's typing's, switching on earthquakes and then poisoning the electric type they switchin to. And then you mega and that super effective electric attack? It's Resisted now. it's also a good idea to pair it up with an offensive flying type like Pidgeotite Noivern just so something can soak up the supereffective attacks and then Kill things.

Also, whilst Tough claws isn't a stall-like ability, I'd rather not use a Maggron Clone.
I mean it does boost iron head's damage by a bit making SD skarmory useful!

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Also, brief note: still had problems with stats last night. After switching my pidgeotite Gengar back in, it had 360 satk and 364 spe, which is timid pidgeots stats. Definitely not gengars base 195.

First replay link (The non-tournament one) and second replay link (First tournament link) are going to the same replay.

I find it interesting the popularity of Aggronite Togekiss.

I'm gonna post some sample teams too in a bit. I'm working on some rn. I haven't taken the time to analyze the EVs way in depth, but they are looking decent thus far.

Edit: I'm gonna start adding them here
Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Salamence (M) @ Red Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Heatran @ Latiasite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

Starmie @ Manectite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 132 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Psyshock

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Mamoswine (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry

Azumarill (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Heatran (M) @ Absolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

Celebi @ Venusaurite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Scizor (F) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 92 Atk / 200 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog
- Iron Head

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Last edited:
Here are some sets I've thought of that have been pretty effective (used in only about 2-3 battles though).

Nidoqueen (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
Amazing defensive typing physically resisting ground, rock, fighting and fairy. You can use roar over dragon tail if you are concerned about sub.

Krookodile @ Metagrossite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Taunt
Good, fast pursuit trapper augmented by tough claws. These abilities seem undervalued right now cause of big attack stats of Lando-T but the difference isn't as large as you'd imagine. It also provides the same defensive utility with intimidate, and has a much better speed tier.

Hippowdon @ Altarianite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Return / Toxic / Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Mentioned this earlier in the thread. Similar to the Nidoqueen set but has reliable recovery. Could possibly use a spdef spread instead because of its great resistances. It's vulnerable to EQ and spikes damage though.

I will be making a new thread soon, hopefully later today, and this thread will be closed. Fair warning.

Also, wow, nearly 30 pages of discussion for a meta that's never won OMotM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)