Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

I decided to base my team around sceptile. Mega sceptile ohko's a lot of important mons in the ou tier. Also serves as a soft check to DD+Sub Zygarde. Puts a lot of offensive pressure once certain pokemon are taken out of the game. A really fast mon that hits hard. Earthquake is mostly for Heatran, but can be used to hit Magnezone, and Blacephalon.
252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 612-720 (214.7 - 252.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham-Mega: 264-312 (101.1 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lopunny-Mega: 237-280 (87.4 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 291-343 (103.5 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mimikyu: 220-259 (87.6 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Sceptile-Mega Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 368-434 (107.2 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Discharge
- Toxic

Zapdos is a nice compliment to Gastrodon being a grass resist and has a ground immunity. Zapdos is your main defogger and counters many physical attackers in the ou metagame such as Kartana, Hawlucha, scizor, mega pinsir and mega lopunny. Having a 2 defensive pokemon with recovery relieves some pressure off of my Jirachi, which I found that I used a lot in my games.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Ice Punch

Jirachi is your main pivot switch and counters tapu lele. This is good because I absolutely despise tapu lele and it breaks through this team. It also serves as a revenge killer and its many resistances helps out the team.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot

Hoopa hits like an absolute truck with Choice Band. Not many mons resist the dark type stab, and you can utilize it to punch a lot of holes in teams. Hoopa has a chance to 2hko or definitely 2hko some mons with rocks up, which opens up the game. Does quite a lot to Tapu Fini and Bulu(~40%), a respectable amount to Clef(~40%), Magearna (~40%-50%) depending on the set, and TTar(~40%-50%) depending on the set.
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Ferrothorn: 232-274 (65.9 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 255-300 (66.5 - 78.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 217-256 (71.6 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 298-352 (77.2 - 91.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 253-298 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Scizor-Mega: 178-211 (51.8 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Gastrodon takes on many specially defensive mons quite well, notably magearna, greninja, tapu koko, non Solar Beam Heatran, tapu lele to some extent, and volcarona if its not running giga drain. Serves as a nice compliment to Zapdos and the team, having immunity to electric type moves and resisting rock and fire.

Mamoswine @ Groundium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Mamo is your rocker and its dual stab hits literally everything in the tier. Utilizes the z really well as you usually severely weaken or ko mons with a neutral hit + tectonic rage. Also opens up the game for your team.

This team unfortunately does not deal with volcarona really well. The mons on this team have a lot of potential to break through any team if you can get a key KO. Using Roar instead of Toxic on Zapdos, twave instead of Ice Punch on Jirachi, or Rock Slide/Tomb on Sceptile can help. You can use your mons aggressively to make the game easier for you and use jirachi healing wish to heal up. Jirachi is the staple of this team however, and you'll use it a lot, so keep it healthyand alive, and don't healing wish unless there are no drawbacks or its the best play.
The ever present Zygarde is not a huge problem with this team. If it's sub+DD/+Coil Zygarde then you can hard switch into Mega Sceptile and click dragon pulse until it dies. If it does have outrage, then Jirachi can revenge kill if it is a 3 turn outrage. Mamo has a chance to live +1 outrage if there are no rocks, but cannot ohko with ice shard. Outrage Zygarde isn't used as much as sub DD or DD+coil zygarde as far as I know, so you probably won't suffer too much from it.
I use leftovers over rocky helmet on Zapdos as the extra recovery helps me get defog off more securely, and playing without hazards helps the team out. I don't really know if I should use Icium-z or groundium-z on Mamo. There might be a better move than Ice Punch on Jirachi, but I don't really know what could work in it's place. Same thing goes for Toxic on Zapdos.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)