Not open for further replies.
Manaphy @ Slowbronite
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Filler (Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball)

There's nothing more scary than something Bulky that can boost its Offense to ridiculous levels. Nothing fits this definition more than our dearly beloved MegaBro. There's a reason why Tail Glow is limited to only two sub-optimal Pokemon. One boost and even Blissey won't want to switch in. If you're afraid of getting revenged, here's another set:

Masquerain @ Slowbronite
Ability: Intimidate
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

After 2 boosts, this set obliterates HO teams, but gets easily Stalled out by Chansey/Blissey. Intimidate is also a neat little pre-Mega bonus.

Pick your poison.
Manaphy doesn't get Hydro.

I didn't read every page but from what i read nobody said anything about smeargle, like i was thinking Megahorn, Gunk Shot, Hone Claws/Coil, Filler---> Mega Beedrill
Or the Likes of Nasty Plot, Hurricane, Zap Cannon, Filler (Hydro Pump, Focus Miss, Blizzard, Inferno/Fire Blast, Boomburst, other)------>Pidgeot and I'm surprised I didnt some other things to

I didn't read every page but from what i read nobody said anything about smeargle, like i was thinking Megahorn, Gunk Shot, Hone Claws/Coil, Filler---> Mega Beedrill
Or the Likes of Nasty Plot, Hurricane, Zap Cannon, Filler (Hydro Pump, Focus Miss, Blizzard, Inferno/Fire Blast, Boomburst, other)------>Pidgeot and I'm surprised I didnt some other things to
smeagles banned :(

I think Lopunny will be pretty cool in here:

Arcanine @ Lopunnite
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Double Edge / Facade / Frustration
- Will-o-Wisp / Morning Sun

With an HP boost MegaLopunny has better bulk than Landorus (Helped by Intimidate) and with ExtremeSpeed it can afford to go Adamant, and not be revenged killed by Talonflame so easily (with rocks up it always OHKO). ES means you don't need Return / Frustration so much and you can either go for Double Edge for power or Facade to make yourself into a status absorber of sorts. As usual Lopunny's last slot can vary. Will-o-Wisp is unexpected and it can surprise many common switch-ins such as Landorus-T while Morning Sun helps with longevity (but is illegal with Double Edge, so there's that). You can also use Flash Fire & Flare Blitz to give you a third Pseudo-STAB and a good switch in to fire attacks when you haven't Megavolved yet).

I think Lopunny will be pretty cool in here:

Arcanine @ Lopunnite
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Double Edge / Facade / Frustration
- Will-o-Wisp / Morning Sun

With an HP boost MegaLopunny has better bulk than Landorus (Helped by Intimidate) and with ExtremeSpeed it can afford to go Adamant, and not be revenged killed by Talonflame so easily (with rocks up it always OHKO). ES means you don't need Return / Frustration so much and you can either go for Double Edge for power or Facade to make yourself into a status absorber of sorts. As usual Lopunny's last slot can vary. Will-o-Wisp is unexpected and it can surprise many common switch-ins such as Landorus-T while Morning Sun helps with longevity (but is illegal with Double Edge, so there's that). You can also use Flash Fire & Flare Blitz to give you a third Pseudo-STAB and a good switch in to fire attacks when you haven't Megavolved yet).
Why not use Lucario, who can also use Close Combat and Extremespeed, but also packs Swords Dance?

WillOWisp on a particularly Offensive mon is an excellent move and can take switch-ins by surprise. Swords Dance has its own merits, but WillOWisp is just too good to pass up on (That too, fast WillOWisp).

lucario@glalitite
ability:justified
252hp,252 attk
nature adamant
-extreme speed
-swords dance
-close combat
-return

lucario@glalitite
ability:justified
252hp,252 attk
nature adamant
-extreme speed
-swords dance
-close combat
-return

Zygarde @ Glalitite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe OR 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Return

or you could use this and be SO much better. (better bulk, better setup, arguably better typing and speed)

this is banned so it does not matter.

Last edited:
Zygarde @ Glalitite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe OR 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Return

or you could use this and be SO much better. (better bulk, better setup, arguably better typing and speed)
but then you realize glalite is ban

but then you realize glalite is ban
eh true, my bad.
Edit: something relevant zygarde can do:

Zygarde @ Garchompite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed/ Stone Edge

extra stuff:

Infernape @ Cameruptite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Slack Off
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake

Infernape @ Cameruptite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Slack Off
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Infernape is great for anyone who wants to use camerupt or really ANY fire or fighting type mega thanks to it's amazing movepool.

also this:
Scrafty @ Medichamite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance / fake out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch / zen headbutt

Last edited:
Shedinja @ Sablenite
Ability: Wonder Guard ---> Magic Bounce
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Confuse Ray
-Protect

This is just gimmicky enough that I think it might work. Or just fail. Miserably. At the very least you can only be hurt by a few things.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gallade @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Justified → Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Shedinja @ Sablenite
Ability: Wonder Guard ---> Magic Bounce
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Confuse Ray
-Protect

This is just gimmicky enough that I think it might work. Or just fail. Miserably. At the very least you can only be hurt by a few things.
And then you realize that the second you MEvo you have 1 HP and no Wonder Guard.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mewtwo and their mega forms are banned.
The banlist just said "Ubers", and I'm pretty sure that an item isn't considered Ubers, because I can enter any battle with a Caterpie holding a Mewtwonite X, but okay then.

EV

Banned deucer.
The banlist just said "Ubers", and I'm pretty sure that an item isn't considered Ubers, because I can enter any battle with a Caterpie holding a Mewtwonite X, but okay then.
Items are considered Ubers like Kangaskhanite, Gengarite, Mawilite, Salamenceite, Lucarionite. Any mega stones belonging to Uber Pokemon are also considered Uber, like Mewtwonite X & Y, Blazikenite.

I don't know if TI already discussed this with TEG or whether he himself saw it, but let me leave this suggestion here.

I made an OM Submission which turned out to be quite similar to MR. However, one little idea there might very well fit in here.

Instead of the exact Stat allocation, which would obviously create nonsense like a Caterpie suddenly becoming a Mega Alakazam with spectacular Stats, why not allow only the Stat boosts pertaining to the stone?

In simpler terms,

Caterpie + Beedrillite ≠ Beedril-Mega's Stats

Caterpie + Beedrillite = Caterpie's Shitty Stats + 70 Attack - 20 Special Defense + 50 Speed.

At first, I was a little grumpy about my OM idea being rejected. But it does fit in here and would make this good meta even better.

If this works for everyone, happy to help!

I don't know if TI already discussed this with TEG or whether he himself saw it, but let me leave this suggestion here.

I made an OM Submission which turned out to be quite similar to MR. However, one little idea there might very well fit in here.

Instead of the exact Stat allocation, which would obviously create nonsense like a Caterpie suddenly becoming a Mega Alakazam with spectacular Stats, why not allow only the Stat boosts pertaining to the stone?

In simpler terms,

Caterpie + Beedrillite = Caterpie's Shitty Stats + 70 Attack - 20 Special Defense + 50 Speed.

At first, I was a little grumpy about my OM idea being rejected. But it does fit in here and would make this good meta even better.

sounds cool but form a coding standpoint megas would have to count as boosts to stat total instead of alternate forms.
But this would also solve the HP problem.

In simpler terms,

That is literally the first thing I posted in this thread, and FlameUser64 submitted it after we hashed out details/he determined what crazy overpowered nonsense existed and needed to go. Also it derailed the thread.

In simpler terms,

Interesting how this post gets a like from The Immortal despite the fact that my OM submission (which is exactly this) is still "on hold".

Also interesting that instead of approving my submission, The Immortal flat out rejects my submission and then says that modifying this would be better. Isn't that kinda pointless?

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Interesting how this post gets a like from The Immortal despite the fact that my OM submission (which is exactly this) is still "on hold".

Also interesting that instead of approving my submission, The Immortal flat out rejects my submission and then says that modifying this would be better. Isn't that kinda pointless?
Just so the rest of the community knows, we decided to let FlameUser64 post a successor OM to Mega REvolution. It should be up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)