SM UU Mega Pidgeot Balnce

Does Mega Pidgeot fit on a balance team?

• Total voters
> Mega Pidgeot Balance <

Introduction

Hey guys! I'm pretty new to UU and this is my first RMT so all help is greatly appreciated! I decided to build around Mega Pidgeot because it's very fun to use and looks like it could wreak havoc in UU. Balance is the playstyle I feel most comfortable with, so that is what I amied to create for this team.

The Team

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Mega Pidgeot serves as the special wallbreaker for this team. It can effectively spam Hurricane and U-turn out or hard switch into a pivot on things that threaten it. It deals well with Buzzwole, Amoonguss, and non-scarf Infernape with Hurricane, can catch Scizor with Heat Wave, and can get damage off on Latias with U-turn if it is not at kill percent. Roost is used for recovery if it can threaten something out.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Clear Smog

Amoonguss was chosen because it pivots into things that threaten Pidgeot like Fast electrics such as Raikou and scarf users with rock moves (Mienshao, Krookodile.) Amoonguss also provides great utility by being able to spore a threat that comes in on the switch. 72 SpDef is run because it allows Amoonguss to survive specs Primarina's Psychic, making it easier for my team to deal with.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Krookodile pressures pokemon that switch in on Amoonguss such as Latias, Reuniclus, Volcanion, Chandelure, and Entei. I went with scarf to outspeed and trap Latias, outspeed scarf Chandelure, outspeed Raikou, and outspeed Starmie. Stone Edge can hit flying types if need be. I chose intimidate over moxie because it allows Krookodile to come in on more physical attacks. Furthermore, Being locked into STAB moves like earthquake, which has immunities, and a knock off, which has a fairly low power when the opponent has lost their item or has a Z crystal/mega stone, are not good for sweeping.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

I chose Mantine for my next slot because I needed hazard removal due to all of the pivoting this team involves. I also needed something to take on fire types, especially Choice Scarf Infernape. Mantine's ability also serves a good purpose because it can absorb water type moves directed towards Krookodile. Haze is used to prevent Mantine from becoming set-up fodder, as sweepers after boosts are difficult for this team to deal with.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon was chosen because I needed a rocker and another pivot. Hippowdon pairs very well with Mantine especially because Mantine provides defog support for Hippowdon, which hates hazards. Hippowdon also takes electric type attacks aimed at Mantine. WHirlwind was run becuase it further deters setup sweepers and deals wel with things like SubPunch Buzzwole.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Gliscor was chosen because the team needed a stallbreaker, and gliscor with taunt and toxic is incredibly good at fufilling this role. Gliscor also works well as a status absorber once Poison Heal is activated. This is good because this team, especially Hippowdon and Mantine are weak to residual damage like poison and burn. I chose the taunt set over the SD set because Gliscor should be directly pivoted into ready to threaten stall tactics, without having to set up.

Threats

ICE TYPES

This is really the biggest problem for my team, Mantine can deal with Kyurem fairly well, but LO Mamoswine has a 78% chance to 2HKO, and the banded variet has a guaranteed 2HKO with Icicle Crash. Combine that with the flinch chance of that move, and Mamoswine becomes very hard for this team to deal with.

MEGA SCEPTILE

This is far less of a problem than the aforementioned Ice types, but Sceptile can definetley hurt my team once it is worn down, especially if Mega Pidgeot is gone.

Conclusion

Making this team, playing with it, and making this RMT have been really enjoyable experiences. The UU Meta is really fun and I look forward to continuing to play it.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)