SM OU Mega Metagross Offensive team

Hi guys this is a mega Metagross team that I built recently for gen 7 OU. Please comment on how the team can be improved.

Steven (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Agility

- Zen Headbutt

- Meteor Mash

- Earthquake​

The EV spread for mega metagross is the standard EV spread. I went for Agility over Bullet Punch cz at +2 metagross can out speed almost anything, Z.headbutt and Meteormash are the STAB attacks (obviously). And Earthquake is for coverage. EQ hits Heatran, Tapu Fini oppsing Metagross, Jirachi and so on. Metagross is mainly used to clear of fairies which are really common thanks to the Tapus and for a lategame sweep.

Cynthia (Garchomp) (F) @ Firium Z

Ability: Rough Skin

Shiny: Yes

Jolly Nature

- Fire Fang

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Swords Dance​

Garchomp is mainly used to take out the mons that resist metagross. Swords dance boosts attack allowing me to hit insanely hard. I chose dragon claw over outrage to prevent being trapped by fairies. Fire fang (becomes inferno overdrive with firizium Z) hits Skarmory, Celesteela, Scizor, Ferrothorn and the other annoying mons that resist the dragon + ground moves.

Breloom @ Focus Sash

Ability: Technician

Jolly Nature

- Spore

- Rock Tomb

- Mach Punch

- Bullet Seed​

Breloom is my opener. With focus sash allowing it to survive the first move I can spore an opponent giving me momentum. Thanks to Technician all of brelooms attacks are boosted. Rock Tomb can OHKO Charizard, volcarona etc. mach punch gets priority and hits Kartana hard which is a common pokemon. Mach punch also does a lot of damage to greninja and ash-greninja.

Marowak-Alola @ Leftovers

Ability: Lightning Rod

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk

Impish Nature

- Shadow Bone

- Will-O-Wisp

- Earthquake

- Flare Blitz​

Marowak is another switch into electric attacks and I mainly use it to cause burns. EQ takes out Heatran. Flareblitz and Shadow bone are STAB moves to weaken other mons that resist Garchomp and Metagross.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers

Ability: Misty Surge

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

Bold Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Scald

- Moonblast

- Defog

- Hidden Power Ground​

Tapu Fini is my physical wall and check to fire types and my defogger. Hidden Power Ground weakens fire types like mega Charizard x. Moonblast threatens dark dragon and fighting pokemon. Scald can chip away damage on fire and ground mons.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Thunderbolt

- Toxic

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Volt Switch​

Thunderus-T is my main special sweeper. With timid nature and life orb it can outspeed and KO mega charizard y, landorus-T etc. Toxic is just to annoy the opponent and get some damage on opposing pokemon if its hard to predict a switch and the opponent lacks poison or steel pokemon. Volt switch provides momenti

Well... thats my team. Please comment if you see any drawbacks. ;D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)