SM OU Mega garchomp team (My first RMT)

recently i'v been getting very bored with the Ultra sun and moon metagame so i decided to make a team around Mega Garchomp wich is almost never used but can be a very big offensive threat.

Mega Garchomp is the base of my team and what i wanted to build around so it is my first pick
Next up i wanted a defensive core, i chose Ferrothorn, Landorus and Toxapex because they can take on a big part of the metagame and are capable of hazard stacking. they cover there weaknesses pretty well and are amazing memebers for this team. Toxapex take any ice and water types that garchomp struggles with. Landorus gets up rocks and makes use of intimidate wich is needed because this core is weak to alo of physical attackers. Ferrothorn can leech seed to give some health back to Landorus and get up spikes to annoy alot of unprepared teams

Next up i wanted a scarfer and something that could take away entry hazards if needed. Kartana popped up straight away. It is, in my opinion one of the best scarfers in the tier. it is able to revenge kill alot of the tier and beast boost makes it Amazing. It takes on alot of groung types that this team has trouble with and any fairies wich are a problem like mega-Gardevoir. It can remove webs and provides ofensive pressure.

Finally the last member of my team is ash-greninja. I needed a special attacker and some priority since i d'ont have any yet. Ash gren is perfect for this role . With its amazing special attack it is able to destroy alot of the tier. it fits perfectly in the team. It is basically a cleaner wich can destroy the opponents team once mega-garchomp and kartana have done their job. Garchomp and kartana can get rid of anything that poses problem like: Toxapex, Ferrothorn, AV magearna and many more.

Now onto the sets:

1513018060744.png

Chomp storm (Garchomp-Mega) @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

This is the star of the team. I have a sub sd set to beat ferrothorn after 2 layers of spikes, and to break most stalls by coming on chansey. It also helps to beat most Trick room teams since they tend to be very weak to earthquake but Cresselia is a pretty good check to garchomp, taking only 50% from a +2 dragon claw. It acts a soft check to some steel types such as Heatran, Magearna and Magnezone and to Toxapex switching in on toxic spikes. A jolly nature lets you outspeed Landorus apart from Scarf.
It can tear appart many bulky offense teams and i have had pretty good success with this set. However you can change substitute for fire fang to beat celesteela and Tapu Bulu.

1513018074361.png

Spike (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off/protect

Standard Ferrothorn set with power whip to pressure Rain teams that i strugle to handle, leech seed is manditory for health recovery and can also let Landorus-therian recover some HP. Spikes is needed for hazard stackking and to sften the opponents team. Knock off is used for the lati twins and any ghost types. But protect is an equally good option to recover extra health and to bluff on a potential Mega medicham or loppuny's High Jump kick.

1513018103823.png

I-cloud (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus Therian is essential for this team to function. The combo of intimidate + Rocky helmet is great to handle stuff like Charizard X or mega Lopunny. U-turn is great for pivoting and to cycle intimidate's. Stealth rock is standard and i find is needed on any landorus set since it is the best rocker in the tier. Earthquake is standard and it fits perfectly into the team

1513018117664.png

The Hero inside (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze/baneful bunker
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Next up is Toxapex. In my opinion the best specially defensive wall in the game. it walls 75% of the metagame and can be a huge nusaince if the opponent is unprepared. Haze is to stop setup sweepers but Baneful bunker is an equally good option to potentially beat Mega-medicham, and zard-X. Toxic spikes is an amazing move and fits perfectly into the hazard stacking aspect of the team. Overall one of the most important members of the team because of it's amazing defensive capabilities.

1513018129975.png

Paper cuts (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 SpE
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off/Smart strike
- Defog

Kartana is one of my favourite mons in all of Gen 7. It's choice scarf set can sweep late game if the opponent has few grass resists or can soften the opponents team for the other members of this team. Leaf blade is STAB and can completely obliterate opponents that came unprepared. Sacred sword is for anoying steel types such as Heatran, Magnezone and ferrothorn. Knockk off is to beat Scarf/specs Blacephalon and stuff like chansey or ferrothorn who do not like having their item removed. Smart strike can also be a viable options to deal with fairy types and for an extra STAB. Smart strike lets you beat: The tapus or Clefable. Overall this pokemon is amazing and is great to use.

1513018155503.png

Big Blue (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam/U-turn
- Water Shuriken

Last but not least is Ash-Gren. This thing is amazing at sweeping late game. With outstanding special attack and speed This pokemon is a Monster. Hydro pump is a strong stab and can kill a big part of the metagame (if it hits). Dark pulse is equally as strong but i click it less due to the prevelance of fairy types. Ice beam is to hit any Grass or dragon types decently hard and is a very good option as is u-turn if you ever need some chip. water shuriken is stap and can kill alot of threats such as: Hawlucha, Kartana or mega T-tar. This is often my lead just cause this thing is so versatile and the opponent can never really know what set it is turn 1.

The big threats for this team are Mega-medicham who can potentially get a kill every time it comes out, Tapu koko that can sweep once my landourus-therian is down wich can easily be handled by hidden power ice, finally Tapu lele + Alakazam can be extremely hard to deal with but can be beat

Chomp storm (Garchomp-Mega) @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Spike (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

i-cloud (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hero inside (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Paper cuts (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Defog

Big blue (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken

Conclusion: In conclusion this team is very solid but you have to play conservetaly to be able to win. It can tear appart buky offensive teams but struggles against Hyper offense.

Please give feedback and advice if i should change anything.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)