ORAS OU Mega Charizard X OU RMT

Greetings! I made this team a while back and have found middling success with it (75% GXE in OU but only 60% GXE in reqs :-( ) As the Apprentice program is on hiatus, I decide to do a RMT for feedback.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Notes: Main flagship of this team. I want to build a DD Charizard X team. Earthquake is for Heatran and Tyranitar

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
Special Wallbreaker. Deals with physical walls that wall Charizard X. Tail Glow gives Manaphy the boost to muscle past certain counters. Energy Ball is for Azumarill, enemy Manaphy, Rotom-W, Slowbro, and the rare Quagshire. Manaphy is also a decent Talonflame and Landorus check.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
Spinner for this team to get rid of rocks for Zard X. SpD investment to come in on Latios somewhat reliably and can stomach Manetric flamethrower. Toxic seems to be the best thing Excadrill can do to an predicted Lando switch if there are no hazards on the field.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Checks Landorus and Talonflame, two big threats to Charizard X. Standard Rotom set.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave
Hazard Setter. Thunder Wave cripples certain setup sweepers and Gyro Ball hits faeries as well as Kyurem-B. Yes, I know that Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball is a nonbo :-(.
Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off
My main answer to Keldeo. U-turn for scouting and Knock Off to remove enemy items as well as hit Latios hard. Can cripple Chansey by knocking off eviolite, though will get crippled by Thunder Wave in return. Heat Wave hits Ferrothorn hard as well as maim Bisharp if Tornadus is at full health/Bisharp predicts a switch.

Threatlist:
Landorus-T: I can't find a good counter to this thing; the best I have is rotom-wash. The presence of Landorus-T prevents me from bringing in Charizard and forces me to run Jolly Charizard. It also enables...
Mega Charizard Y: Drought drops the accuracy of Hurricane to 50%, removing Tornadus as a possible check to Charizard Y. Solar Beam OHKOs Manaphy and Rotom-W and Fire Blast wrecks everything else. I can't bring in my own Charizard if my opponent still has his Landorus.
Bisharp: Will deal heavy damage to Rotom-W w/ Knock Off if Rotom-W still has its leftovers. Nothing really resists Dark on my team and Charizard will be forced to play Sucker Punch Mind Games with it.
Chansey: Counters Manaphy and is a check to Charizard X if at full health/still has Eviolite. Tornadus can Knock Off Eviolite, but will also get crippled by Thunder Wave.
Lopunny: Powerful physical attacker. Fake out can KO a weakened Charizard. Mega Lopunny faster than Tornadus-T and can KO with Return. Problematic if Rotom-W is weakened or KOd.
Medicham: Similar to Lopunny. Can OHKO Rotom-W after Fake Out. Luckily, it doesn't gain a huge boost to speed and can be checked by Tornadus-T.
Thunderus: Prankster Thunder Wave can cripple Charizard X. Excadrill can switch in, but it can only affect it with Toxic.

Constructive criticism would be helpful. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey there cool team you got there! There are some changes that might be able to help you with your team.

1. Scarf excadrill over leftovers in my opinion I don't think running leftiez excadrill is a good a idea. Instead I would run scarf excadrill over leftiez exca.
>

2. Then on to your ferrothorn I don't think running dual hazards is a must on your team I would run something else over that if I were you to be honest I would just run leech seed over spikes, and I would run chople tar over leftiez. (Also u have to many mons with leftiez). chople berry> leftovers

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Hope this helps you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)