Meanwhile, back in 2001...

Hi, all. I've recently been playing my old crystal cartrige and I've gotten pretty far atm. I'm nearly ready for the battle tower, I just need to sort out the move-sets for the pokemon. So without further ado, here is my BT team to be.

Nidoking @miracle berry/focus band(?)
-Thunderbolt
-Shadowball/Ice beam
-Fire blast
-Earthquake

Good old Nidoking. The infamous possesor of one of the best move-pools in any of the games (and certainly one of the best to put it to use). As were no EVs back in Gen 2, it provides a perfect opportunity to run a mixed set. Nidoking will be my lead and will hopefully be able to hit the opposing lead for some super-effective damage. Thunderbolt hits waters and fliers, the second slot is a toss-up. Ice beam has excellent coverage alongside tbolt but I already have fire blast and tbolt to deal with grasses and fliers so I'm more tempted to go for Shadowball which will happily counter any pesky psychics (especially seeing as it does physical damage). Fire blast is very powerful and the most accurate of the elemental "super attacks" and will hurt everything with a lacking sp. def. Earthquake is Nido's only useable STAB move but it will be his main form of attacking if none of the other attacks will hit for super-effective damage. I'm not sure about the item. Burns are rare in GSC and it's already immune to t-wave (and I still don't know how to get the berry in Crystal, lol). Otherwise I was considering a focus band...

Feraligatr @miracle berry/gold berry
-Hydro pump
-Return
-Rock slide
-Dynamic Punch

Feraligatr is, and always will be my favourite starter. Such a shame there isn't the physical/special split yet :(. Feraligatr hits hard but unfortunately not fast which makes him suitable to bring down bulky attackers which he can often out speed and then hit their weaker defence stat with his good defence he can tank some hits which snorlax dosen't like. Hydro pump dishes out a good amount of damage even with the low special attack. Return is primary form of damage, rock slide is another handy physical move he gets and dynamic punch is for more good damage and the confusion chance is good too though the accuracy is a bit of a let-down. I would really like to keep him on my team (he also works nicely alongside Nidoking).

Snorlax @leftovers
-Body slam
-Shadowball
-Curse
-Rest

Yes, that's right. It's the dreaded curse-lax of doom. Plan of action is to switch in on a special attacker, curse as much as possible and then rest. Then let the rampage begin. Body slam does massive damage and shadow ball hits the ghosts and rocks. Steels still resist the combo but it's not really an issue seeing how the only two used are steelix and skarmory which can just be out-cursed.

There you have it. It's far from perfect but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like a fun to use but not ultra powerful team (wouldn't want to make it too easy now would we ;) ). C&C would be very much appreciated. And thankyou for reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)