Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Rotom was one of the last members added to the team. It fit really well because it works in many situations as a mid-ground, check-all play as well as a pivot. I like the ability to Volt Switch into Mawile and threaten the ground types that would stop it. It serves as the team's main switch-in to Landorus-T as well as a check to things like Greninja, Scizor as well as a very soft check to Heatran. It is the Defogger on the team which helps Volcarona since it is the only member weak to rock.

Mawiage (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 228 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

Mawile is the main breaker of the team and is what the team is largely built around. I decided to give it coverage based on what the team has trouble with in general. Specifically, Toxapex. I have found in the past that I prefer having an all-out attacking Mawile over an SD set because I like the immediate damage and coverage more than the sweeping capabilities.

Vasectomy (Volcarona) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Volvarona serves as the only real sweeper the team has. The defensive set is a phenomenal check to Kartana, Tapu Bulu, and Scizor and it is able to take hits from Magearna if needed. In practice, I use this for its defensive capabilities more than its offensive presence which has worked out fine but I have found myself in situations where maximun special attack would really help. Specifically on Landorus-T switch-ins. I have not gotten the most use out of the Z-move but it has come in handy from time-to-time. However, I am willing to change it.

Lump (Tyranitar) @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

A recognizable weakness this team has is to Shift Gear Magearna. Tyranitar can act as a semi-lure to that. The Roseli Berry allows it to tank a neutral Twinkle Tackle and hit Magearna with Earthquake in return. This puts Magearna in range of Sucker Punch from Mawile. It is a bit situational of a counter strategy but it has worked before. Tyranitar also is the Stealth Rock setter for the team as its main, and easier to explain, role. It is also another Heatran check which, with its movepool, is the main thing Mawile has difficulty breaking.

Bull Rush (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Tapu Bulu's main purpose is to check Ash-Greninja. I chose the Swords Dance set over Assault Vest, firstly, because it takes hits from Ash-Greninja very well anyway and, secondly, because I needed a physical setup role to break through bulkier teams and Tapu Bulu does this well. My team handles Heatran pretty well which is the main thing that counters Tapu Bulu. Regardless, Superpower is there specifically for Heatran.

Transfromers 3 (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Gliscor serves as another catch-all pivot alongside Rotom. It is the go-to switch into Heatran on the team which is what the special defense and speed investment is for. It was originally a Swords Dance set but I switched it to this support U-turn set because I was not getting much use from Swords Dance. I also wanted another pivot into Mawile or just for momentum in general. I found that I needed Taunt in a lot of situations so I chose that over Knock Off.

Overall, I like this team and I am pretty happy with it. My main issues with it is that, outside of Mawile, there is not a lot of immediate damage output for the OU metagame. Weaknesses I have found are to Protean Greninja, Magearna, Toxapex, Volcarona, and, to a lesser extent, Clefable. I know the team is also very slow with my fastest member being 100 base speed without full investment so if there is any way to clean that up I would love to hear it.

Thanks for the help!
https://pokepast.es/02eee3fd2bcfb9b8

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)