Maractus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how useful this set would be but it is something I kinda thought up after facing one of these in game and looking at an Acupressure Drapion.

Maractus @ Lefties
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: ?
EVs: ?
- Giga Drain
- Acupressure
- Substitute
- Leech Seed/Synthesis

As you can see its really rough as I haven't even thought out a nature or EVs yet.Pretty basic idea though.Acupressure has a very good chance of upping your defenses (3/7 for either a Def,Sp.Def, or Evasion boosts).The more boosts you get the harder it is to break your Sub which gets you even more boosts.

Special Attack boosts help you hit harder with your Giga Drain meaning more recovery for you.Speaking of recovery, that is the last slot.Leech Seed gives the SubSeed combo so you can keep yourr health up while you boost.Synthesis is an option as it is a bigger amount of health at one shot.

What you do you guys and gals think.Any potential?Any help on the EV spread and nature?After talking to people on the Drapion thread,I think sp./defense investment would go farther for this set but I haven't figured them yet.

I was looking for something random to fill the last spot of my (somewhat unserious) nu team, debating spikes or a grass type for synergy. I thought of the pathetic maractus, gave it a random moveset of spikes/toxic/giga drain/leech seed and max spdef, slapped on lefties and a +spdef nature, and just went with it. It's actually fairly bulky in NU with that type of investment, and its typing is pretty solid. Leech seed, giga drain, and lefties make decent recovery. It can take many neutral and resisted hits, and even some SE ones- in my first game with it and offensive wailord did 45% with ice beam, and I proceeded to get nearly 25% back with leech seed. It's really not terrible with the limited options in NU.

The biggest thing maractus needs is a better move pool. It has giga drain, solar beam, hidden power, and energy ball on the special side, and sucker punch, return, Seed bomb, wood hammer, and bounce on the physical. At least its support movepool is decent, with spikes, leech seed, sunny day(gimmick but w/e),substitute, protect, growth and toxic. That's pretty much it's entire competitive movepool. Maybe if it had earth power and drain punch(I can see it getting drain punch as a tutor move) it could be somewhat good in RU or NU. Too bad it;s physical attack is worse and cacturne outclasses it in the mixed attacking catergories. Shame, becuase I like its design.

Maractus more like MaractuSUCKS

But seriously this thing has pretty much no viability in OU. Locking. If anyone wants to discuss this mon do it in a more appropriate tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)