SM Ubers MagShadow

Magshadow banner for RMT PNG file.png
(banner made by ray713)​

Introduction

Hello everyone I created this cool Magearna&Marshadow team after taking inspiration from a forum competition that required to build a team around mega blaziken which was a challenge for me to build around, unfortunately I missed the deadline so I’m sharing the team here.Like the title suggests the team revolves around two of the best answers to a lot of common pokemon in the current uber metagame magearna which checks dark types and fairy types and marshadow which checks sd arceus acting as defensive backbone for the team.So here goes...

Teambuilding Process

Primal groudon and mega blaziken was chosen as the offensive core as they have the ablity to break teams allowing team mates to move freely fulfilling their respective duties.
Arceus ground acts as the teams s-rock setter which is very necessary for this team to function properly also the team needed a way to check mega lucario.It can also check primal groudon.
The team is weak to geo xern variants and dark types so i chose magearna as my primary resist and it also checks various support arceus variants and dragon type check.
Girantina origin was chosen as defogger and a second way to check pdon which is ever present in the meta.
Marshadow acts as an offensive check to sd arceus variants and has some good typing so that only a few mons can switch into it regularly and has access to strong priority in the form of technician boosted shadow sneak.

The Team

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 SpD / 64 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]
P-don is known for the many roles it can play with different sets.Here it is used as a rp sweeper used to make holes in opposing teams.A max special atk mixed set allows it to break through its common checks after sufficient chip damage from s-rock.It also has a tendancy to attract opponents mega mence which can be koed by hp ice.P-blade is used over earthpower to inflict more damage to p-ogre and chanseys which otherwise walls it.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance
Mega blaziken is our late game sweeper which can pick off weakened mons via speed boost and powerful stabs.Stone edge can be run over sd to be able to beat ho-oh which is a huge threat to the team.But blazikens role is to switchin on mons like celesteela and ferro and set up sd sweep.It can also be used to beat frail,faster offensive mons like mega mewtwo y,mega gengar,marshadow etc.

Arceus @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Arceus ground is our hazard setter and it gets rocks up pretty early in game and u should lead with it 99.9% of the time(unless u see kyurem-w).It also acts as primary mega lucario, zygarde c switchin.It also helps check p-don and mega mence.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap
Magearna is the primary dark and fairy type resist and is immune to dragon type moves.It is the most reliable check to all xerneas variants(Z-geo&regular geo 3 attacks).It also acts as toxic spam check and support arceus check(calm mind&regular).It has shadow ball instead of flash cannon to beat gengar which can easily beat magearna forcing it to trade by destiny bond.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic
- Defog
Girantina acts as the teams defogger and was primarily used for being a bulky p-don check it also helps spread status and is also the teams ground resist thanks to levitate.It also helps to beat sd arceus ground and is only immune to s-rock which makes it a good defogger for team.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Marshadow is an amazing in checking sd arceus variants(normal,ground&ghost).It also has a strong technician boosted priority in shadow sneak ables it to beat faster mons like mega gengar&nearly killing mmy after rocks.It has an a amazing stabs in spectral thief(allows to steal positive boosts Of a mon) and close combat that gives it amazing coverage and also has technician boosted hp ice ohkoing mega mence and 2hkoing zygarde c.It can also capitalize and steal boosts from setup sweepers.

Conclusion

The team is tons of fun to use and although it struggles vs stall based teams is a pretty neat bulky offensive team but is pretty strong against opposing offense.Try to get rocks up as fast as possible.Hf using team.

I have also peaked #27 in ps ladder with it
27.GIF

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 SpD / 64 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

Arceus @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic
- Defog

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

HO-OH - It is a huge threat to the team provided rocks are not set up and a more defensive variant of ho-oh makes it impossible to deal with.

Webs teams in general can be really hard to deal with and I advise to lead with mega blaziken and setup sd.

ARCEUS FAIRY+GIRANTINA ORIGIN CORE-I had a tough time beating this particular core and the only way to beat it is u stall with magearna.

SHOUTOUTS[/B]]

SAMIBOY :Thank u for helping me become a better player back when I was new to competitive battling.Cant things be like it was when I was still new here.

ASIM 12 :We used to battle almost every day I learnt a lot from our battles and progressed a lot too.I am learning some new tiers and catching up fast.

RAY713 : Huge shoutout for making the banner.Lets create a kyurem-w team together sometime.Also ty for helping me build my most successful team back in oras.

JAMES JIMMY : The coolest guy I met while laddering dont create confusions in ur 1 trillion alts.

HENRY TS : Looking forward to our battle gl with ur exams

LORD OUTRAGE :I enjoy talking to u about different pokemon related stuff I think u are the one of the best oras uber players around.

ANTACOOL : Always a treat to watch you battle with cool teams.

POHJIS : One of the coolest uber mods after jj and good player.We need to battle more often lol.

HACK : I respect u a lot for the hard work u have been doing to improve ubers especially the old gens hub is quite informative.

IRIS : Watching u battle in old gens have inspired me to learn old gens.

MYSERIOUS M : Thank u for encouraging me to join forum tours.

TRANSCEDENT GOD CHAMPION : The most kindest person and a good battler I have met on ps.Battling with u has helped my game a lot.

parivard,poke tcg gamer1288,ahhh,alphadxtr,frootxlups,disjunction and my friends in ou and nu

Last edited:
Nice team, but indeed you have a really tough time vs stall. For the hooh thing i think you should put stone edge on blaziken, because i dont think you're often able to setup + it doesnt beat stall !
Otherwise i think bulk up marshadow with zmove could help you for this particular matchup.
Another option is using sdef rocks pdon (because you're extremely weak to Kyogre), defog > sr on arceus groundceus so you can remove gira-o and replace it with a stallbreaker such as calm mind Kyogre, banded hooh, CM LO mewtwo or this kind of stuff.
Hope i helped :)

Reactions: w_r

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Some quick changes:

Volt Switch over s ball on Magearna. It let's you escape mega Gengar while giving you a nice pivoting move that can get you momentum and bring in blaze and Marsh safely late game.

If you're not going to use HP Ice on blaze, run adamant with 4 sp def evs. You could go for HP Ice though if Mega Salamence is an issue. I advise Stone edge over sd because protect is a necessity to safely boost your speed. If you can use blaze to force switches correctly - difficult but very rewarding - use sd over protect. Sd can help vs stall because boosted Blaziken is very powerful. If you choose not to go with sd Blaziken, I would say bulk up marshadow with z move is the way to go.

That's it for now.

Reactions: w_r

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)