move 2: Volt Switch
move 3: Flash Cannon
move 4: Tera Blast / Steel Beam
item: Choice Specs
ability: Analytic / Sturdy / Magnet Pull
nature: Modest
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
tera type: Fairy / Fighting / Grass / Flying / Water

- In a metagame with very few special attackers, Magnezone carves a strong niche as an Electric-type attacker that can take out the common physical walls, such as Dondozo and Corviknight.

- Magnezone’s STAB combination is difficult to switch into, especially with Choice Specs. Clodsire, the most noteworthy special wall in the format, can fall to an Analytic-boosted Flash Cannon or Steel Beam.

Tera Types
========

* **Fairy**: A Fairy-type Tera Blast is very useful against common Dragon-types, (added hyphen) most notably Garchomp, is very useful.

* **Fighting**: Gaining a resistance to Dark allows Magnezone to surprise and defeat Kingambit and Hydreigon, ignoring the former's Sucker Punch.

* **Grass**: Grass has excellent defensive and offense synergy with Magnezone, especially through its utility against Ground-type attackers and Spore immunity. Most notably, Tera Blast Grass can OHKO max SpD Hippowdon with Choice Specs. However, many Pokemon tend to run Tera Fire, such as Azumarill and Garchomp, so Grass is less popular.

* **Flying**: Flying has wonderful defensive synergy with Magnezone, reversing its Ground and Fighting weaknesses, and lets Tera Blast hit Grass-types harder.

* **Water**: Offensively, Water serves a similar role to Grass, letting Tera Blast nail Ground-types. Water lacks a Ground resistance or a Spore immunity, but it gives Magnezone a much-appreciated Fire resistance for Pokemon like Skeledirge. Much like in the case of Grass, Tera Blast Water can OHKO Hippowdon, while also having the possibility of KOing Unaware Clodsire, although the risk it runs when considering Water Absorb should be noted.

EV Spreads
========

* **252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with Modest**: Running at least some Speed investment lets Magnezone outspeed critical Pokemon like Azumarill, Corviknight, Skeledirge, and Kingambit. 252 EVs give Magnezone a chance at outspeeding slow Mimikyu, Dragonite, Gholdengo, and Annihilape.

* **188 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe with Modest**: Magnezone's excellent typing means you often switch it into attacks, especially if you aren’t using Sturdy as an ability. This spread sacrifices some of Magnezone's Speed to raise its capabilities as a pivot. However, reducing the Speed EVs below 60 is not recommended, as it is the minimum required line to outspeed an uninvested Corviknight.

Abilities
========

- A Magnezone boosted by both Choice Specs and Analytic is incredibly hard to switch into, making it easier for Magnezone to generate momentum.

- With Sturdy's guaranteed survivability and Magnezone's high damage output, Magnezone will very likely take (I imagine this makes sense?) down at least one Pokemon per game. Sturdy also helps Magnezone play around Dondozo, as it can safely come in on Fissure and use Volt Switch against it, which renders Yawn moot. However, if Magnezone switches into a Yawn and not Fissure, it should be noted that Dondozo often runs Protect to block Volt Switch and ensure Magnezone falls asleep.

- Magnet Pull ensures Magnezone can eliminate Corviknight. In the case Magnezone uses Fighting as its Tera Type, Magnet Pull also allows it to beat both Kingambit and Tera Steel Hydreigon with more reliability.

CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Tachipoyo, 613881]]
- Quality checked by: [[Thick Fat Azumarill, 330577]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Looks great to me Tachi, but you have a few too many tera types slashed in. You can still keep them in mentions, but keep them at 4 max in the set. QC approved!

doesn't putting Speed EV stop Magnezone from having slow Volt Switch? I feel a zero speed EV option should be talked about in the EV section.

Looks great to me Tachi, but you have a few too many tera types slashed in. You can still keep them in mentions, but keep them at 4 max in the set. QC approved!
Got it! How would you prefer I go about it? I can cut out Water (since I think its the most uncommon at the moment) from the set, and then make a brief mention of it in the Grass section; or I can keep Water's section as-is and just remove it from the set

Looks good, would a defensive set make sense? Iron defense, body press, mirror coat, etc.
I think an Iron Defense + Body Press set has potential, but it should be noted that it gets stopped by a lot of things that Magnezone already struggles with (Skeledirge, Clodsire, etc). It does let it set up semi-freely against Kingambit, which is a nice benefit, but it's probably a bit difficult to use. The most popular and easiest to use set right now is Specs, so I decided to not cover the more niche sets for now

AV is probably the second most common set, and I think Mirror Coat has a lot of potential with it!

doesn't putting Speed EV stop Magnezone from having slow Volt Switch? I feel a zero speed EV option should be talked about in the EV section.
Hmm, that's a very good point but for now, VoltTurn isn't a team composition that's been neither explored a lot nor thrived. I think looking at Magnezone in a vacuum, reducing speed is poor idea, especially since it typically means you can't safely Volt Switch out against Skeledirge and give it a lot of Slack Off opportunities.

If slow Magnezone becomes a bit more popular in the future, I think it might be worth slotting in though!

------

Unrelated note, I forgot to mention Sturdy blocking Dondozo's Fissure yesterday, so I'll add that in rq

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Got it! How would you prefer I go about it? I can cut out Water (since I think its the most uncommon at the moment) from the set, and then make a brief mention of it in the Grass section; or I can keep Water's section as-is and just remove it from the set
I'd do the latter, removing the least used from the set and keeping what you wrote. :blobthumbsup:

is there a point in mentioning analytic when you always outspeed clodsire, thus never getting your attacks boosted? :p

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
is there a point in mentioning analytic when you always outspeed clodsire, thus never getting your attacks boosted? :p
analytic is also boosted when the opponent switches, so it’s moreso used to punish switches to clodsire and for extra damage against like gholdengo and Dragapult

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
(AA): Changed curly apostrophe to straight '

name: Choice Specs Attacker (added spaces around most backslashes)
move 1: Thunderbolt

- In a metagame with very few special attackers, Magnezone carves a strong niche as an Electric-type (added hyphen) attacker that can take out the common Physical physical walls, such as Dondozo and Corviknight.

- Electric/Steel is a STAB combination that’s Its STAB combination is difficult to switch into, made even more threatening with the addition of especially with Choice Specs. Clodsire, the most noteworthy special wall in the format, can be defeated with fall to an Analytic-boosted Flash Cannon/Steel Cannon or Steel Beam.

- Max Speed investment is standard for a Choice Specs set. This lets Magnezone outspeed critical Pokemon in the current metagame. Azumarill, Corviknight, Skeledirge, and Kingambit are all noteworthy Pokemon that run a significant amount of speed investment in an attempt to outspeed each other, that Magnezone fails to outspeed without at least some speed investment. Maxing out speed also gives Magnezone a chance at outspeeding slow Mimikyu, Dragonite, Gholdengo and Annihilape.

Tera Types
========

* **Fairy**: The added offensive merit A Fairy-type Tera Blast is very useful against common Dragon-types, (added hyphen) most notably Garchomp, is very useful.

* **Fighting**: Gaining a resistance to Dark allows Magnezone to surprise and defeat Kingambit and Hydreigon, ignoring the former's (I imagine?) Sucker Punch.

* **Grass**: Grass has excellent defensive and offense synergy with Magnezone. The added strength against Ground type attackers and a gained immunity to Spore is a trait Magnezone appreciates greatly. However, many Pokemon in the current format have a tendency of Terastalizing into Fire types (Azumarill, Garchomop), which has made Grass less popular as a result. Magnezone, especially through its utility against Ground-type attackers and Spore immunity. However, many Pokemon tend to run Tera Fire, such as Azumarill and Garchomp, so Grass is less popular.

* **Flying**: Flying has wonderful defensive synergy with Magnezone, eliminating many weaknesses and giving it a move to hit Grass types reversing its Ground and Fighting weaknesses, and lets Tera Blast hit Grass-types harder.

* **Water**: Offensively, Water serves a similar role to Grass, giving Magnezone the ability to hit Ground types. However, unlike Grass, Water gives Magnezone a much appreciated Fire resist, which is most noteworthy against letting Tera Blast nail Ground-types. Water lacks a Ground resistance or a Spore immunity, but it gives Magnezone a much-appreciated Fire resistance for (I imagine ground resistance is worth mentioning, but it's up to you) Pokemon like Skeledirge. It Tera Blast also has the possibility of KOing Unaware Clodsires, but the risk of Clodsire, but the risk it runs Water Absorb should be noted.

EV Spreads
========

* **252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with Modest**: Running at least some Speed investment lets Magnezone outspeed critical Pokemon like Azumarill, Corviknight, Skeledirge, and Kingambit. 252 EVs give Magnezone a chance at outspeeding slow Mimikyu, Dragonite, Gholdengo, and Annihilape. (I imagine this makes sense? change if/as needed)

* **188 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe with Modest**: Magnezone's (AA) excellent typing means you often switch it into attacks, especially if you aren’t using Sturdy as an ability. This spread sacrifices some of Magnezone’s speed Magnezone's Speed to raise its capabilities as a pivot. However, reducing the speed further than this spread Speed EVs below 60 is not recommended, as it this is the minimum required line to outspeed an uninvested Corviknight.

Abilities
========

- Analytic ... (explain why you'd run it)

- Sturdy’s guaranteed survivability ensures that Magnezone can get off at least one hit. Combined with its high damage output, this means Magnezone has the potential of taking With Sturdy's guaranteed survivability and Magnezone's high damage output, Magnezone will very likely take (I imagine this makes sense?) down at least one Pokemon per game. Sturdy also gives you the option of playing around Dondozo's Fissure, helps it play around Dondozo, as Magnezone can safely come in on Fissure (I imagine?) and use Volt Switch against it, not having to worry about the OHKO Move and turning which renders Yawn moot. It should be noted that Dondozo often runs Protect to trap scout Choice item + (I imagine?) Volt Switch users like this, however, and switch accordingly. (I imagine? if not, explain what it does)

- Magnet Pull lets Magnezone make full advantage of its advantage against ensures Magnezone can obliterate (I imagine?) Corviknight. In the case Magnezone chooses to use uses Fighting as its Tera Type, Magnet Pull also allows it to beat both Kingambit and Steel Tera’d Tera Steel Hydreigon with more reliability. (removed extra line break under)

CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[]] (fill this)
adeleine-GP.gif

GP Team done
lmk if questions

Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
(AA): Changed curly apostrophe to straight '

name: Choice Specs Attacker (added spaces around most backslashes)
move 1: Thunderbolt

- In a metagame with very few special attackers, Magnezone carves a strong niche as an Electric-type (added hyphen) attacker that can take out the common Physical physical walls, such as Dondozo and Corviknight.

- Electric/Steel is a STAB combination that’s Its STAB combination is difficult to switch into, made even more threatening with the addition of especially with Choice Specs. Clodsire, the most noteworthy special wall in the format, can be defeated with fall to an Analytic-boosted Flash Cannon/Steel Cannon or Steel Beam.

- Max Speed investment is standard for a Choice Specs set. This lets Magnezone outspeed critical Pokemon in the current metagame. Azumarill, Corviknight, Skeledirge, and Kingambit are all noteworthy Pokemon that run a significant amount of speed investment in an attempt to outspeed each other, that Magnezone fails to outspeed without at least some speed investment. Maxing out speed also gives Magnezone a chance at outspeeding slow Mimikyu, Dragonite, Gholdengo and Annihilape.

Tera Types
========

* **Fairy**: The added offensive merit A Fairy-type Tera Blast is very useful against common Dragon-types, (added hyphen) most notably Garchomp, is very useful.

* **Fighting**: Gaining a resistance to Dark allows Magnezone to surprise and defeat Kingambit and Hydreigon, ignoring the former's (I imagine?) Sucker Punch.

* **Grass**: Grass has excellent defensive and offense synergy with Magnezone. The added strength against Ground type attackers and a gained immunity to Spore is a trait Magnezone appreciates greatly. However, many Pokemon in the current format have a tendency of Terastalizing into Fire types (Azumarill, Garchomop), which has made Grass less popular as a result. Magnezone, especially through its utility against Ground-type attackers and Spore immunity. However, many Pokemon tend to run Tera Fire, such as Azumarill and Garchomp, so Grass is less popular.

* **Flying**: Flying has wonderful defensive synergy with Magnezone, eliminating many weaknesses and giving it a move to hit Grass types reversing its Ground and Fighting weaknesses, and lets Tera Blast hit Grass-types harder.

* **Water**: Offensively, Water serves a similar role to Grass, giving Magnezone the ability to hit Ground types. However, unlike Grass, Water gives Magnezone a much appreciated Fire resist, which is most noteworthy against letting Tera Blast nail Ground-types. Water lacks a Ground resistance or a Spore immunity, but it gives Magnezone a much-appreciated Fire resistance for (I imagine ground resistance is worth mentioning, but it's up to you) Pokemon like Skeledirge. It Tera Blast also has the possibility of KOing Unaware Clodsires, but the risk of Clodsire, but the risk it runs Water Absorb should be noted.

EV Spreads
========

* **252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with Modest**: Running at least some Speed investment lets Magnezone outspeed critical Pokemon like Azumarill, Corviknight, Skeledirge, and Kingambit. 252 EVs give Magnezone a chance at outspeeding slow Mimikyu, Dragonite, Gholdengo, and Annihilape. (I imagine this makes sense? change if/as needed)

* **188 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe with Modest**: Magnezone's (AA) excellent typing means you often switch it into attacks, especially if you aren’t using Sturdy as an ability. This spread sacrifices some of Magnezone’s speed Magnezone's Speed to raise its capabilities as a pivot. However, reducing the speed further than this spread Speed EVs below 60 is not recommended, as it this is the minimum required line to outspeed an uninvested Corviknight.

Abilities
========

- Analytic ... (explain why you'd run it)

- Sturdy’s guaranteed survivability ensures that Magnezone can get off at least one hit. Combined with its high damage output, this means Magnezone has the potential of taking With Sturdy's guaranteed survivability and Magnezone's high damage output, Magnezone will very likely take (I imagine this makes sense?) down at least one Pokemon per game. Sturdy also gives you the option of playing around Dondozo's Fissure, helps it play around Dondozo, as Magnezone can safely come in on Fissure (I imagine?) and use Volt Switch against it, not having to worry about the OHKO Move and turning which renders Yawn moot. It should be noted that Dondozo often runs Protect to trap scout Choice item + (I imagine?) Volt Switch users like this, however, and switch accordingly. (I imagine? if not, explain what it does)

- Magnet Pull lets Magnezone make full advantage of its advantage against ensures Magnezone can obliterate (I imagine?) Corviknight. In the case Magnezone chooses to use uses Fighting as its Tera Type, Magnet Pull also allows it to beat both Kingambit and Steel Tera’d Tera Steel Hydreigon with more reliability. (removed extra line break under)

CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[]] (fill this)
View attachment 477950
GP Team done
lmk if questions
Sorry for the long delay, the changes should be applied now!

A few things that went off-note are the clarification in the Sturdy section regarding the Dondozo MU, and adding in that Grass & Water Tera can OHKO Hippowdon (I don't know how this slipped my mind at the time). I think everything is applied correctly but if I missed anything please do lmk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)