Magnazone Volt Turn balence (please rate i need this team to work soon) peak 1584.

Hello and welcome to my rmt!

This team is a balence team because i find it more fun than HO these days the only limiting factor being they are a lot harder to build. I was testing this one and i got a 20-4 win rate on my first push which is pretty good for me using my own team. (peak in replays)

:Meowscarada: @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- U-turn

Meow serves as a lead with you turn it can go to whatever mon is needed for the situation. flower trick and knock off serve as stab with flower trick being able to break the occasional cosmic power clafable with tera grass especially if they tera water. knock off provides the ability to knock off items, very commonly skarmory's rocky helmet. with scarf and 200+ speed it out speeds booter ival by one point which is enough as you are never going to out speed boulder, scarf zama or most swift swim mons that you don't already out speed.

the punisher (Zapdos) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hurricane

Zapdoes is a fairly defensive Pokémon with roost and heavy duty boots it has lots of longevity and since flying + electric is an almost unresisted combo it can hit really hard with 252 spA. volt switch servers as a great pivoting move to get zapdoes out of an incoming unfavorable switch. static and flying makes for a very dangerous defensive combo for physicals especially fighting types making them a lot less inclined to cc everything that moves. tera elec really has no use just haven't been able to find a replacement yet.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Grassy Glide

As much as I like the swords dance set better, this servers our purpose to a much better extent. wood hammer + band + stab +grassy terrain + tera will absolutely obliterate everything in its path resist or not. Grassy glide is very good priority helping to finish of pikeman without having to play sucker mind games. drain punch has saved me from kingambits many times who don't know that sucker ohkos but that's its only good use but it works and comes in handy a lot (isn't that sad? i have to run a move specifically for a pokemon because its on literally every team and is a serious threat?) U-turn helps our volt-turn core and does good damage with band.

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 8 HP / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Flip Turn
Wake here is another way I deal with my phobia of weather which does work in combination with zapdoes and rilla who deal with rain pretty effectively wake can destroy most sun teams without too much effort. I may replace flamethrower with Dpulse as i never use it except for gambit or Venusaur once in a while. flip turns a stab pivot move that even without attack investment does a little bit of damage and can get you out of sticky situations. 244 spA eves is for booster speed in sun as we already have specs.

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

Don't look at me like that. Its a very effective pokemon as much as I wish it to be banned to the darkest pit of hell. this is a very standard kingambit set with sucker as high damage priority (ik you know what gambit does i need 3 lines ok) and cleave kills other stuff that refuse to attack. swords dance raise your attack by two which allows for VERY high damage sucker punches. Iron head could very easily be replaced with low kick as my current kingambit counter measure are sketchy at best with low kick meow and drain punch boom. tera flying is for defensive purposes.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam

I originally wanted a fast high damage steel type with volt switch but we cant always get what be want so here I am. In the current meta it is very easy to get magnazone in and with analytic specs flash cannon ohkos literally anything it looks at (i have had some very funny gliscor moments) thunderbolt servers as electric stab which is always helpful and volt switch is volt switch except now its really slow which is good for switch moves and it does DAMAGE. steel beam is completely unnecessary and i never use it so tera blast is probably better. on the topic of tera, flying is for defensive purposes and it neutralizes almost? all of magnazones weaknesses.

REPLAYS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2048426612

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2048855694-k16icmg7a6pylg7h7ilaio3eb7cc9tgpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2048857803

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2048862863 kingambit balanced trust

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2048865726 stooopid kingambit

last one is my peak game i think.

POTENTIAL CHANGES.

low kick on gambit tblast on zone. low kick on rilla for arch.

Weaknesses (important)
As much as I hate it I still lose to weather like 50% percent of the time but i think that's unavoidable with how many new tools sun and rain have especially in the defensive and offensive department with bolt and archaludon who share almost no weaknessess with the rest of their archetypes.

Hazard stack. My team isn't particularly weak to hazard with zapdoes wearing boots but after a while it hurts a lot especially with spikes and rocks set up. I would like a way to remove them but non of the pokemon I have tried work as they don't really fit into the core as my current pokemon do.

requestst I want to set up hazards. a helmet, perferably a rocky one.

I am open to changing anything as long as it is a good change

cya :)

Last edited:
Remove Walking Wake as it is useless without a dedicated sun setter. If you are having issues with weather, add on Galarian Slowking with Chilly Reception to reset the weather instead of attempting to blindly abuse the opponents weather. Galarian Slowking is useful outside of weather while Walking Wake is only really strong inside of weather. In addition, Slowking can pivot as well, so I don't think that changes the point of your team.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Adding a little bit on to the post above.

Replace Steel Beam for Tera Blast. You said you don't use it, and Tera Blast Flying is good coverage to have.
Because you said you want hazards (If this is what it means)
requestst I want to set up hazards. a helmet, perferably a rocky one.
Then either Lead Greninja with U-turn or Rocky Helmet Ting-lu could replace Meow as a lead.

An issue I see with this team is the ice weakness honestly. You're attempting to run balance, but 4/6 are either weak or vulnerable to ice, and both resists aren't specially bulky enough to consistently take ice beams, especially with kyurem being as prevalent as it is right now- it's earth power coverage puts every mon on your team in serious danger. The recommendation for Galarian Slowking will be really helpful for you, but I'd also recommend switching out one of your grass types as they both fulfill a similar role on your team and the type overlap can be a detriment to that ice weakness. replacing walking wake with something like assault vest primarina and maybe a fire type replacing one of the grass types to complete the fwg core might make for a pretty robust core moving forwards, but if you want something more offensive you could slot in hawlucha to abuse grassy terrain on rillaboom.

An issue I see with this team is the ice weakness honestly. You're attempting to run balance, but 4/6 are either weak or vulnerable to ice, and both resists aren't specially bulky enough to consistently take ice beams, especially with kyurem being as prevalent as it is right now- it's earth power coverage puts every mon on your team in serious danger. The recommendation for Galarian Slowking will be really helpful for you, but I'd also recommend switching out one of your grass types as they both fulfill a similar role on your team and the type overlap can be a detriment to that ice weakness. replacing walking wake with something like assault vest primarina and maybe a fire type replacing one of the grass types to complete the fwg core might make for a pretty robust core moving forwards, but if you want something more offensive you could slot in hawlucha to abuse grassy terrain on rillaboom.
G slowking for who?

https://pokepast.es/f58dbf012a518c9c current team.

replaced iron head for low kick after

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2049445696

I probably need a more defensive pokemon

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
G slowking for who?
Walking Wake.
Reasoning:
Remove Walking Wake as it is useless without a dedicated sun setter. If you are having issues with weather, add on Galarian Slowking with Chilly Reception to reset the weather instead of attempting to blindly abuse the opponents weather. Galarian Slowking is useful outside of weather while Walking Wake is only really strong inside of weather. In addition, Slowking can pivot as well, so I don't think that changes the point of your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)