Resource LTPL PU Squad / Set Dump Thread

approved by galbia and Anty

http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/ <--- useful resource for spriting teams for anyone interested in dumping a shitton of teams like I did.

With the first ever LTPL now finished, I thought it'd be cool if we could have a place where people could showcase any teams/sets that they used throughout the tournament in a PU setting.
------

Hi, with LTPL finished I kind of have no use for these teams anymore. I wanted to dump all of my teams somewhere, so someone looking back at the LTPL meta has a few good teams to have a look from, and get a good feel for the meta. Personally, I feel like I had a pretty decent tournament overall, with a record of 5-1 and winning in semifinals and the finals itself. My only regret maybe was not playing every week, but I gave my teammates opportunities when my schedule really really wasn't compliant with me playing.

Week 1 (Kingler12345 loss vs False.)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-475240298

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot

Ursaring @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Frustration

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn
- Toxic

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

This was at the start of LTPL where the muktrap archetype was getting some real momentum behind it. Teddeh & I decided that a.) fast trapper probo was the future for trapping other probo b.) magnet rise on probo is needed for trapinch so that muktrap doesnt beat us and c.) croursa was the future. The team was built towards a win with croursa; really using the likes of life orb nasty plot mime and probopass to pick apart falses elaborate balance cores which he builds very nicely. At team preview, this team visibly did huge work, croursa may literally have won if kingler lead with it t1 and started setting up. Alas, Kingler wasnt too experienced in PU and false was, slowly picking apart Kingler until croursa had too much pressure on it to do work. I thought if i had been available to play this match (Falses timezone wasnt the greatest) I could have won this for the team, I felt kind of felt at blame for the draw week 1.

Week 2 (win vs Dundies) Week 6 (Kingler12345 Win vs Huston) and Teddeh won with the same team somewhere else too.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-215179

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpA
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Rest

I think this is personally the best team i built in LTPL, it contained a load of things that were innovative and I like to think it kind of shaped the PU Balance Meta for Quagsire to look like how it looked. Teddeh and I were discussing the impact of Quagsire on the PU Meta and this was the product. Teddeh came up with the idea of Bulky Nasty Plot Beheeyem as a way of breaking balance with Quagsire, which we had decided was what Dundies would probably bring. We added spdef clef with heal bell and quagsire as the main defensive backbone. We were kind of weak to trappers + powerful normal types so instead of worrying about that stuff, I decided to replace the Mawile (what i had initially) with Bronzor. Bronzor is an excellent pokemon for roll compression in PU and I loved that levitate for being a god send to balance that cant afford for their normal resist to be trapped. I added defog vullaby because hazards control + leafeon check and scarf rotom-f since dundies was typically weak to it and it gave good speed control and a check for shit like gorebyss. The proof was in the pudding, this team inflicted dundies only loss all LTPL, with all the innovations I used putting in tonnes of work. Kingler12345 beat based Huston with this team too, which really proved to me that this team was a solid build.

Week 3
Dundies Stall Happened. I was personally sick and tired of Quagsire, and so I decided that Poek's team, without a real builder in PU, would struggle to build an Offense team that beat the disgusting team dundies built. It won.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-217522

Week 4 (loss vs PearlUsed)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-220154

Golem @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Signal Beam
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpD / 216 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 168 SpA / 56 SpD / 36 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 96 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

For my week 4 game vs Pearl, Teddeh and I theorised that SpeedPass being allowed with Combusken in the tier was surely broken and would nab us a free win vs Pearl, who we thought, after 4 weeks of pretty brutally bulky balance, would bring an offense team, hazards stack smeargle maybe and pressure us to shit. Our elaborate strategy was to fuck over the offense team with Combusken -> Servine BP. Teddeh actually built this team since i was super super busy with getting my uni application off the ground, as well as my first mock exams of the year. We were so sure Pearl was gonna bring offense we even used scarf Rotom-F over a subwisp set or subchargebeam set. Come the game; Pearl himself brings Bronzor balance, hugely depressing, especially when you've been preparing for an offense game. Pearl had an Altaria for servine, Bronzor for Golem and Beheeyem and a tonne of good pivot switchins as well as a godly new gogoat set which was bound to do work vs whatever i decided to bring. It was just a case of predicting the matchup completely wrong, and i didnt play the greatest throughout that game, unfortunate, but PU at the time sort of resembled this, with really matchup heavy games everywhere.

Week 5
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-220154
For my Week 5 game vs MaroGod, I never really felt the motivation to build. I had a couple of teams Teddeh passed to me that i was preparing to use based around SD Mawile and Spdef Stoutland respectively, but Vileman was telling me about how he was gonna write an RMT if he had enough replays from LTPL considering he had won with it twice. He gave me the PB and it provided me with the win.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stunt-crusaders.3591336/

This was a really scrappy game on my end, i made a few misplays only to really win when MaroGod himself misplayed by EQing my Mawile with Ursaring. It didnt kill, and his only way of really breaking my team was dead. The team has an obvious few flaws, like Specs Chatot and Banded Golem but i was like fuck it, we had the win for the week already and I wanted to at least try and help Vilememer with the solidarity of his RMT.

Week 6 & 7 I sat out, Kinglernumeros was desperate for a win, so i sacrificed my game vs Huston for him. And with the Playoffs already secured in Week 7, we decided to mess around with who played where. Manipulative wanted a game of PU so i let him have my spot, with Confide taking over Teddehs.

Semifinals (Won vs Snowy.)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-229806

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Frustration
- Superpower

Golem @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpA / 244 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Haze
- Flamethrower

Team Teddeh mostly built featuring Dual CBs and Bulky Nasty Plot Beheeyem (i think u get i like this set by now ;)) This team really focused on beating balance into Submission. I hadn't really had a game all LTPL where i can say i truely dominated my Opponent, all my 3 wins previously were down to beautiful matchups and some misplays on my opponents part. This week I was super determined to get a Win for the team, especially with dramas surrounding scheduling. Throughout LTPL i had been comanaging my uni application and exams, and this week, with huge timezone differences and my ever tightening schedule it was really difficult to schedule a match with managers and such getting involved (more than i would have liked :/) but it all motivated me. We eventually settled for 1am my time on Monday a few hours before deadline. I played the game super well, the best all LTPL personally, turning a 50/50 matchup into one way in my favour, no misplays were made apart from arguebly turn 1 leads. It was a big game since, if i lost, it would have gone down to a tiebreaker, but thankfully i managed to hold my nerve and pull thru.

Finals (Won vs Vileman)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-231872

Arifeen imo (Volbeat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Jarii imo (Lickilicky) @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Whirlpool
- Toxic
- Protect

Teddeh imo (Gourgeist-Super) @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Phantom Force
- Rock Slide

Chill Shadow imo (Probopass) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Magnet Rise
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down

KINGLAX EYAN (Munchlax) @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Frustration

the rest of u lot (Swanna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Hurricane

This was the team i brought to finals, and no, i wouldnt have brought this unless the win was secured. If i was gonna bring a team for a serious match vs Vileman, i would have likely brought the same team i did for semifinals with a few changes like colbur beheeyem with signal over tbolt (fuk pursuit it boned teddeh in semis), but i decided to bring this shit. I'm glad my team won because that matchup looked scary as shit should I have brought that team. This a cool team based around fast trapper smack down (for bronzor) probopass, wish whirlpool lickilicky and cb gourgeist was designed to get a game into a scenario where Munchlax wins. I was running confuse ray volbeat because it was dedicated to my manager arifeen, who is annoying af :DD (and benefits a tonne from all those steel types gone). Defensive Swanna was the last piece of the jigsaw since this team lacked defog (and it was built pre-pelipper drop iirc). It won because, fuck me, arifeen is annoying, and also munchlax is dominant.

Conclusion
I had real fun in this LTPL. I remember back to the time i first tried out PU and after playing a couple of really high quality matches throughout seasonal and before seasonal even began, PU was incredibly fun at the real top level. Playing great players at PU remains a real joy for me, one of very few left in tournament pokemon. The community really makes it for me; all of the people who i had the pleasure of playing and testing with in this tournament as well as chatting with in the PU Room have been great. You all are the real MVPs.

Tagging all of the people who played PU in the tournament too so that they feel obliged to add something to the thread :3
Teddeh Dundies (get triggered for being second, boy) Megazard RawMelon blunder Anty Freestylerking False. Snowy. .CarloO~ chimpact Confide Kingler12345 Hairy Toenail obii @Rodribultar galbia Huston The50mph TDK Poek97 PDC KratosMana FLCL Pearl Vileman Star Finchinator Rare Poison amber lamps MaroGod Accelgor King UU Dibs The Dreamer
Anything from a set to an entire team dump is appreciated, resource for spriting entire teams at the top of the thread.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
finals was gay as f*ck f*ck ur team oml
might edit teams later but i didnt vary that much with teams and i posted my best one on my rmt (go drop a like on team showcase ;])

thanks for making this thread. i really enjoyed ltpl and had a lot of fun working w my teammates building cool stuff. i mainly worked w the50mph, bouff, and galbia to build some teams for both the ltpl and 50's seasonal run.

here are some fun teams:

Golem @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Final Gambit

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Double-Edge
- X-Scissor

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

this was the first team i built in the tier but it wasnt for anything specific. i just wanted a team that would allow me to help my teammates test and get a feel for the tier. looking thru the tier i noticed band golem is p dangerous since it has limited answers and the mons that do check it usually cant abuse the momentum they gain (vibrava) so i just built a really standard volturn. monferno / metang help vs stoutland while providing breaking power / priority and rocks / normal resist respectively

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Seed Bomb
- Crunch

Prinplup @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Toxic

Metang @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

i built this for 50mph to use vs rawmelon or dundies idr whoever likes to use fat stuff. the idea is pretty basic: np mime and ursaring run thru fat teams and then i just wanted a sturdy defensive backbone that fulfills different requirements like rocks, removal, ground immune, water resist etc and found that prinplup+vibrava compress those roles really nicely. i dont remember the exact thought process behind band metang but it put in work in the games it was used lol. zebra is a nice offense killer w momentum grabbing capabilities

Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Brave Bird
- Heat Wave

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Baton Pass

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Natural Gift

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Frustration
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet

built this w the50mph. i think this is my favorite team because it has a bunch of cool mons that all work nicely together which makes the team pretty consistent. my only gripe w it is the lack of good speed control but that can be played around. i was playing chimp for ltpl and had no idea what to expect so i just wanted to make a solid team around an underrated threat: specs camel. prinplup + mawile have insane role compression while yache sd leafeon lures altaria for camel. float and murkrow round off the team by having great match ups vs offense

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Defog

Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Grass Knot

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam

this is the team that got smashed by the quag stall i think when 50mph brought it vs dundies even tho i told him not to. regardless its a fun team cus jumpluff is sooo nice. i think its pretty straightforward w golem having spdef to take on zebra, monferno was gknot cus quag, and mime brings speed control + hwish

Crustle @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Frogadier @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Natural Gift

Monferno @ Passho Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

i built this to play teddeh. decided to go w baby gren even tho its kinda niche cus i noticed that teddeh either used 1 water resist or none and baby gren had more surprise factor than say something like floatzel. i wasnt sure which direction to take the team in but decided on hyper offense cus gren really wants spikes to maximize its damage output. crustle is of course the lead and then i added zebra to pressure bulky waters more. leafeon is a nice breaker because its fast and decently bulky (can take an attack from banded stout). sd monferno and sd mawile finish off the team making it better vs offense with their strong prio attacks. dont remember why monferno has passho lol but id probably change it to like a fist plate or life orb. this team is also p fun to use but was kinda hit or miss in most match ups so i guess its not that consistent unless you play perfectly every game

-----

didnt really use any creative sets besides messing around w monferno's moves (u turn + toxic). i think toxic on marowak was a cool option as well. another fun idea i had was sucker punch spam since dark is a pretty good offensive typing but i couldnt get it to work since the 2 mons i wanted to use were cacturne and mawile and theyre both p slow. regice is a really cool mon on bulky offense since it can take a couple hits and hit back hard.

thats all i got, thanks for making this thread. looking forward to the cool stuff other people used

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LTPL was a fun experience as it was one of the highest quality PU tours (on a similar level to ssnl imo), and my team was amazing and fun to be on. Though I was the only PU player the other players made their teams largely by themselves so I'm just gonna post mine which I liked. I only played 6 games (missed several in main season) - i'm not missing any weeks out.

Week 1 vs Rare Poison http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-212144

Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 36 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

This has been my favourite serious team to build and use and it really screams typical Anty (golem/mime/leaf lol). Overall the main aim of the team is to really physically overwhelm the opposing team to allow Drifblim to sweep. It started off with two very underrated wallbreakers at the time, Basculin, as it could 2HKO pretty most common Pokemon (Mawile had a drop in usage) and SubSd Bouffalant which could capitalise off of passive Pokemon like Clefairy and other weaker walls. Together they can easily weaken Steel-types like Mawile and Metang, along with general annoying stuff like Vullaby (especially with Knock leaf) which really helps leaf and blim. Golem felt right on this type of team as a volt immunity and rocker etc (as you will see I really like Golem). Drifblim was another underused mon, as boosted Acrobatics hits very hard and it destroys offense without priority (which is where will-o-wisp is really nice). Scarf Mime is the best scarfer and Healing Wish is extremely useful for all the previous members and outspeeding scarf rotom-f is was a must, and Leafeon was added to help check Golem and stuff like Floatzel while providing another huge offensive threat. I lost the original EV spreads but they should be close enough (bouff had more sdef i think) and ik the moves are the same.

The game worked as planned, my opponent lacked a solid check to SubSd Bouffalant which put me in an enormous advantage, especially with healing wish mime in the back

Week 2 vs Marogod http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-478886233

Combusken @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Grumpig @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Return
- Earthquake

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

Another Anty like offensive team, but this time I was more expecting a CT so I changed a bit up. I had really wanted to use offensive Combusken, as it destroys offense and other fatter teams, and Specs Grumpig is a really cool wallbreaker which can weaken or trick several Comb checks (grumpig/clefairy/other special walls), while being unexpected. I can't exactly remember why I used that Bouffalant set, but I do remember thinking he would run Misdreavus, and Bouffalant in general is a nice tank (I definitely had bulkier EVs in the game) and could still provide a ton of pressure on the opponents fat stuff. Metang iirc was to help take on Ice-types and Psychic-types I thought he might use, along with acting as a rocker and taking on Normal-types. I mainly chose Rotom-f as a Scarfer as I had little reason to run others (i thought he would definitely be more prepped for mime/leafeon) and offensive without a scarfer will never not be trash in this tier. SD Jumpluff is surprisingly annoying to any non metang/mawile teams and also gave some nice defensive presence being a Ground resist and Mach Punch resist.

He bought something different than I was expecting (eg no Rker despite me loving offense), and immediately Specs Grumpig did it's job by crippling Clefairy. Though I hoped to clean with Combusken, Jumpluff managed to pull through and win after his pluff died.

Week 3 vs the50mph http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-483907834

I had used offense the past two weeks, and again vs him in seasonal earlier in the week and also his teams struggled to break stall so I decided to bring Dundies Stall (before it was known - might have been its first tour experience). I pretty much had it at matchup with safe plays

Week 5 vs False http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-222505

Raichu @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Krokorok @ Choice Band
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Mawile @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Leafeon @ Ganlon Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Natural Gift

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Poison Jab
- Curse

I knew I would have to bring some solid wallbreakers to get passed False's fat stuff, as he loves blanket fatmons like bronzor/clef (we agreed no quag tho). Raichu is a relatively underpreped mon which can take care of Clefairy, I chose Knock Off over NP to screw over whatever evio mon he ran (I also hadn't bought a defog user so half expected Spikes). Krokorok was made into a joke on our LTPL team, but I had noticed it actually had a solid matchup vs False as Pursuit and (again) Knock Off really helps vs his fat cores. Mawile was my Rocker and could take on Stoutland and other physical Pokemon which usually could do well vs me as most of my teams have sdef Golem as a Rocker. Used Scarf Mime and SD Leaf again, but this time with Natural Gift Electric to hopefully take out Vullaby/Pelipper which he liked (usually he solely relied on just one mon). Muk is a nice check to plenty of Special attacker I was weak to, and might work nice with Pursuit Krok support.

He came very prepared with Gourgeist to check physical attackers i like (bouff/leaf etc) and Basc plus Stout to overcome my usually physically frailer teams. Muk getting crit early was very unfortunate, as he lacked much counterplay after a few curses (ofc he had high chances to eventually crit - I didn't really take that into account). I then got counter-hax vs his Gourgeist, but later misses and forgetting intimidate on Mawile meant he could overwhelm me with Rotom. Its annoying that the hax occurred (both sides) as it was my most looked forward battle (not saying he didn't deserved to win as he clearly prepped and played well).

Week 6 vs Rawmelon http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pususpecttest-498849193

Not including the team as I didn't feel it was very inspired or as good as my others. Originally I wanted to change my game up a bit, but starting off with the concept of SpeedPass Comb to Beheeyem kinda limits me to offense anyway. Again I felt offensive comb was amazing and bp lets BEM take advantage of common checks, and Scarf Chatot does a good amount vs his regular teams, as it had Return to bait and 2HKO a possible Scarf Mime. Ultimately it didn't deviate from my normal teams enough and he built very well, eg Spikes Rose as non of my built teams had a Defogger and SD Pass to Float also did nicely vs my teams. In game he was in control throughout the match and certainly outplayed me.

Playoffs vs Pearl http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-229169

Simipour @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Superpower

Muk @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Poison Jab
- Curse

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 220 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

I wasn't too sure what to bring, as I thought Pearl would prepare for my regular stuff, but I still wanted a good matchup vs bulkier teams (we agreed no speedpass). In the end I used a variant of my Basc-Bouff team I used week 1 as it was solid and I really liked it. I thought of a new Simipour set I really wanted to use, Physically based mixed, which can OHKO stuff like Clefairy and Stoutland (with hydro pump to O/2HKO most physically defensive mons), and in general lacked was only countered by Physdef Altaira and Pelipper (which aren't normal Simipour switch ins). With a more aggressive wallbreaker, I freed up Bouffalant with Muk to do regular Muk stuff, and to lure in stuff I could double to Simi to break shit. The next change was Pawniard over Drifblim, as the team wanted a priority mon with a nice matchup vs offense, and to help check Normal-types and other pawn which I had been weak to previously.

He ended up bringing webs, which I felt prepared enough for with my Pawniard. The early game worked out excellently for me, as by KOing his Arbok, he was pressured into trying to take on my Leafeon with his Pawniard, allowing me to get rid of his two biggest threats early. From there, I could pivot around with Muk (as it beat his Float and Rotom - and his mime was Scarfed) and eventually clean up.

S/O to all my team for being the deserved champions, particularly freestylerking for being really inventive and using stuff like Tentacool. This tour really showed me how to be unpredictable, especially with teamstyle. Also thanks hosts for organised and doing it.

Without adding to too much of what hjad has put already - i'll drop my own teams and sets that I came up with for me exclusively, but the 90% of the teams hjad used we came up with together.

so this was the first team i built in LTPL along with the first team HJAD dropped. The idea of the team was reliable recovery - as you notice monferno, stoutland, beheeyem and pelipper all have some sort of reliable recovery with ways of "outlasting" opposing teams. Rest-talk spdef stoutland + physically defensive beheeyem was the core - peli + golem to beat threats, monferno as a cacturne counter and rotom for revenge killing + pivoting. I'd say that this was the prototype for beheeyem and bulky sets that i've developed over the course of ltpl, such as spdef toxic stoutland and nasty plot beheeyem.
Stoutland @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic
- Frustration

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 96 Def / 172 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Monferno @ Eviolite
EVs: 208 HP / 128 Atk / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz

This was the original team I made using nasty plot beheeyem - the team hjad adapted to his successful team. Rest-talk stout was used again with spdef beheeyem with recover + a way of chewing hits from electric types as you can see there is no immunity. Haze was used on altaria as a way of beating pawniard and other boosters and mawile was used for sd pass as sd pass to toxic rest-talk stoutland 6-0'd quagsire teams that thought they walled, however after a toxic they were forced to switch very soon. A successful team as it won vs dibs, however that game was made easy due to luck being on my side - not to say that i wouldn't have had a good chance of winning without luck, it was just made easy however.
Stoutland @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic
- Frustration

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Monferno @ Eviolite
EVs: 208 HP / 128 Atk / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz

This was probably my weakest team used in ltpl as it relied on chatot way too much for breaking. I managed to bluff myself a win with 3 pivots life orb stalling a zebstrika to win the game vs Rawmelon and literally pulled it out of my ass after getting haxed early game by crits + misses. such as roselia critting clef (clef pp stalled sludge bombs), missed hurricanes and overheats made it so i was always playing comeback. Nasty plot chatot was for stall at the time, i knew that his normal resist 7/8 times was a golem, hence hp grass over hp fighting and i relied too heavily on chatot for breaking as the rest of the team was very passive. Chatot is the only real bit of "innovation" in this team, hence why i'm not saying too much, but a very shaky team and i got bailed out by some ballsy plays to win this week.
Chatot @ Silk Scarf
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heat Wave
- Nasty Plot

Mawile @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 16 SpA / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Baton Pass
- Grass Knot

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Curse

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Gentle Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off

This is when the dundies stall craze was happening, hence why i wanted to have the best ways of breaking it down successfully, hence the crazy mawile set without sucker punch. SD + play rough + knock off broke down his cores, grass knot hits quagsire for 70% ish, hence play rough + gk means an easy ohko. On top of that, i had bronzor + altaria + lumin + zeb - 4 mons that work extremely well together as a defensive unit as dundies stall relied on toxic to break down teams, hence heal bell on altaria. Haze over toxic yet again to beat things like curse muk / nasty plot ninetails, also using dragon pulse over flamethrower for np ninetales as i faced it a few times in testing, proving to be an absolute bitch to fight. I paired mawile with stoutland because they pressure cores extremely well, with a defensive backbone to help combat other offensive presences and volturn core of lumin + zeb to help give free switch ins. When actually using this vs vileman and Obii, they brought mindless offense which became a game of playing sacks correctly, but was decided due to a couple of misses that turned a 50/50 game 100% in my favour. Overall a very strong team due to the nature of the core surrounding the breaking possibilities.
Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Superpower

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

Altaria @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Haze
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 228 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

This was the first team i used post-ban of quag - hence i wanted to take advantage of it, hence using rest-talk sd bouffalant - inspired by rest-talk sd megahorn escav which i saw several times during our RU games this ltpl. The main core was Krok + bouff - pursuit for ghosts and ability to chew hits successfully. Banded krok (jolly because i wanted to outspeed adamant stoutland and some grumpigs) did work in the game i played as i managed to hit off some powerful knock offs. Boufflant managed to also punch massive holes in False's team due to hurricane misses, however it just meant i played it easier, i wasn't 3hit ko'd by hurricane after lefties and was able to effectively beat articuno 1v1 - hence able to punch holes in his team - however he lost when he decided to sack his krokorok, which was the only way of punching holes in my team as i had bouff + bronzor which could rest and altaria with roost. Rotom was filler to make up for speed, lumin for momentum + defog and the ability to give free switch ins for krok.
Krokorok @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Altaria @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Haze
- Flamethrower

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Scald
- Defog

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Psywave
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-212271 Confide vs Snowy (using my team)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-214338 vs Rawmelon
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-216692 vs Kratosmana
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-219166 vs Vileman
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-224016 vs Obii
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-229159 vs False
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-231330 vs Pearl

Overall i'd have to say that this ltpl was very fun innovation-wise for me, i had no trouble building apart from a couple of weeks where i recycled old teams that i made or teams that i made for hjad, but it was fun nonetheless. I think i gained a massive understanding about what really works in PU - the art of reliable recovery - nasty plot beheeyem / bulky normal types that pseudo check top tier threats like rotom, zeb or floatzel. I hope you all enjoy my teams - i would never normally give so many teams out (apart from PU open because some people kept giving them away smh shoutouts PDC for giving my teams to literally everyone) but i've finished my time with oras pu. Looking forward to SM pu and i hope you can enjoy my teams whilst the meta is still around.

~Teddeh.

Hi! I enjoyed LTPL too, was cool to get PU in a somewhat large tour. I did pretty well for the most part so I figured I would post a few of my teams. I'm not going to post all of them because two of the weeks were basically my infamous stall team and a variation of it, while another team was just a variation of Teddeh's speed pass team. Additionally, I had a few teams that were just straight up bad that I don't feel are worthy of posting so yeah.

Week 3 vs Pearl - Replay
Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Rest

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick
So this was kinda at the start of the Specs Camel hype, and I noticed Pearl's builds typically didn't have many switchins to it, so I figured why not give it a try. Since Camerupt kinda lures Altaria and does a great job of just denting bulky teams in general, I figured I'd pair it with a solid setup sweeper, and Leafeon seemed to fit the bill. I honestly kinda threw on Substitute there in the last slot to test it out and while it didn't make a huge difference in this battle, it turned out to be a pretty good set overall. I then added the core HJAD bopped me with the week prior, Bronzor + Clefairy, added a Pelipper to give me a Monferno check, Pawniard check, and Defogger all in one, and finished the team off with Scarftom, a super solid Pokemon in this meta that was hard not to throw on teams. This game was super close in the end and I really enjoyed it, so make sure to give the replay a look.

Week 4 vs amberrlamps - Replay
Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Bonemerang
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Rest

Altaria @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
So you might be able to tell but I got super lazy with my building this week, following a very similar style to the previous week vs Pearl. I started with another super strong breaker in Substitute Marowak, something that took advantage of amberrlamps' favorite cores, such as Golem + Vullaby, and it actually put in a lot of work this game. I then followed that up with another bulky defensive core featuring Bronzor, this time Bronzor + Altaria, which still stands as one of my favorite cores. I went with Lumineon as my Defogger this time, and again, I used Substitute Leafeon (no clue why honestly), and followed that up with Scarftom, yet again. This team was actually horribly weak to SubPlot Ninetales and I knew this going into the game, and it just so happened that amberrlamps brought it (lol). Luckily I was able to play around it pretty well and pick up another very close win. Luckily this ended my streak of boring standard Dundies balance, lol.

Week 5 vs The50mph - Replay
Wailord @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Veil
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Night Slash

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
If you're looking for a more fun team of mine to use, here you go. Specs Camerupt seemed to be doing super good in the current meta, so I wanted to find something that was able to break in a somewhat similar fashion, and Wailord was just that. The rest of the team is basic VoltTurn really, with Monferno as the late-game win condition and Pawniard check, which definitely came in handy this particular game. Sadly, Wailord did nothing because it was critted, but I still stand by its super dank wallbreaking prowess. This was another close game and a rematch of PU Seasonal Finals, so give the replay a look if you wanna see a solid game.

Week 6 vs dodmen - Replay
Krokorok @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Altaria @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
So this team is another example of me getting bored with building and wanting to step out of my comfort zone. This team was originally built as a joke but it did well in test games so I figured why not use it. The team is built around CB Krokorok, which put in a ton of work this particular game and actually started a little metagame trend, as people realized how nice STAB Knock Off & Pursuit along with EdgeQuake coverage is. The ability to trap Bronzor and Beheeyem while just weakening bulky cores with Knock Off really makes this thing worth using. I again went with Altaria, as clerics were super good in the meta and still are honestly, and it also gave me a nice Leafeon & Monferno check. Nasty Plot Raichu and Wartortle are both Pokemon that I never use, but I wanted to try some new things, and I found Rest Wartortle along with a cleric is actually super solid, letting you check a lot of common Stealth Rockers and Water-types. Metang is the team's Ice resist and Psychic check, while the team is rounded out with Leafeon. Fun game to watch, as Krokorok just tore through dodmen's team, allowing Leafeon to clean late-game.

Again, I didn't post all of my teams since a lot of them have already been posted elsewhere and shouldn't be hard to find. Hope you enjoy my teams if you happen to use them!

Shoutouts

-Tsunami- thanks for drafting me man, was nice having a chill manager that ran the team well, wish we made playoffs, we definitely deserved it.

Evan. New Breed Blast Coconut thanks for always encouraging me after my games, glad you guys stuck with the team and made it a fun season. Also special shoutouts to Evan, 6-1 twins.

RawMelon Megazard thanks for testing with me throughout the season and giving me ideas and stuff, though I typically just said fuck your ideas and did what I wanted.

HJAD shoutouts to you for beating me, you must not be too shitty since nobody else could do it.

Teddeh shoutout to you for the friendly competition, maybe you'll be top 1 PU one day. :)

I have bad memory but shoutouts to everyone else that tested with me throughout the season and gave me any encouragement, made it a fun tournament overall.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Now that LTPL has come to an end (and I'm too lazy to do a full-blown RMT), I've decided to share all of the teams I've used throughout the tournament as a way of thanking the PU community for being, in general, kind towards me despite all the "Pearl Used" or generally hateful comments I've made regarding the tier. In spite of what some of you might think, I've actually created these squads myself, although False. and Anty played a big role in quality checking my ideas and making suggestions of their own, and I honestly don't think I would've performed as well as I did if it weren't for their support, so shout outs to them. Note that some of these teams are outdated due to Quagsire's ban, but I'm pretty sure that anyone who wants to use them can just make the appropriate changes. Without further ado, here are the teams:

Swords Dance Cacturne + VoltTurn + Trapinch (Bulky Offense)

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Facade
- Pursuit

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cacturne @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Mawile @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Baton Pass
Since Quagsire's arrival into the tier was fairly recent at the time, I obviously wanted to craft a team that could easily exploit common Quagsire cores while also remaining functional outside of that one match up. With that in mind, I ended up settling for an uncommon Cacturne set that I've used many times in the past (in other tiers, of course), and backed it up with a fairly standard team, with the combination of Stoutland, Rotom-F and Trapinch being deadly on its own right, and Mawile/Pelipper working as excellent glues for the squad's threats, providing them with hazard control, Knock Off, solid checks to common Pokemon such as Monferno/Stoutland and Baton Pass/U-turn support, the latter being one of the most important components of the team. As far as game choices go, this is the kind of team that relies a lot on aggressive plays and speed to chip away at opposing threats, and as a consequence, losing momentum against opposing Choice Band Golem, Beheeyem or other less common breakers can be lethal, due to the team's lack of a solid answer to them. In my game against .CarloO~ (here's the replay for reference) there's a perfect example of what happens when a threat gets a free turn against the team, although I ended up getting bailed out by a good damage roll on Stoutland in the end. It's also a perfect demonstration of how absurd Rotom-F can get, with mine coming out on top eventually in spite of the Clefairy on the other side.

For the post Quagsire ban metagame, I'd probably run either mixed Cacturne with Spikes or the standard Swords Dance + Life Orb set over the current one, but everything else is fine in my eyes. Other possible changes would be Rocky Helmet over Leftovers on Mawile and some speed creep on Pelipper (enough for Choice Band Golem is overkill on paper, but beyond useful in practice).

---

Curse Muk + Choice Specs Chatot + Dual Trappers (Bulky Offense)

Chatot @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- U-turn

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Muk @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Grumpig @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

Probopass @ Air Balloon
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
This is, if I recall correctly, the first team I crafted with False.'s assistance. I knew for sure that I wanted to use Choice Specs Chatot, as I believe it is one of the most underappreciated breakers in PU. Even though I didn't really go hard on scouting, I knew that it was likely to fare well against the kind of teams my opponent had been using up until that point, and despite the fact it ended up pulling its weight, just as I expected it to, my game against Dundies (replay) is easily the one I regret the most this tournament, since I put myself in a situation in which I had a surefire win condition and proceeded to choke it away big time. I guess you could say a tournament isn't really a tournament unless you choke at least one game away (I don't think you can actually say that, but it makes me feel slightly better, so here it is). As for the team itself, it follows a pretty similar formula to the one above, using both a Stealth Rock setter and a Defog user that also double up as momentum grabbers, Trapinch, and two solid glues in Muk and Grumpig, which can also win games on their own if facing a favorable match up. No matter how much I personally like this team, however, I reckon that it's probably the most flawed one I've made for this tournament, since it doesn't have any real speed control for situations in which opposing speedy threats get out of hand. Besides that, it also happens to be incredibly vulnerable to both Bronzor and Quagsire, with Energy Ball on Grumpig being the only resemblance of a direct answer this squad had for the latter.

As I've already noted above, this team has a lot of room for improvement, especially now that Quagsire has been banned. For starters, there are two different routes that can be taken in order to fix the squad's lack of speed control, the first being replacing Grumpig with Choice Scarf Mr. Mime and the second being changing Chatot's set to a Choice Scarf variant and replacing Grumpig for a different breaker, with Beheeyem being, in my opinion, the most fitting Pokemon for that role. Last but not least, Smack Down Probopass is a fairly good fix for the Bronzor weakness, as it paves the way for Trapinch to remove it from the equation.

---

Bulk Up Gogoat + Choice Band Golem + Bronzor (Balance)

Golem @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 188 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Protect

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Filter
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Gogoat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 SpD / 196 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Rest

Altaria @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Haze / Toxic
If the last team is the least solid of the bunch, this one, on the other hand, is probably the one I would've showcased if I had the time and patience to make a RMT, since it features a couple of awesome ideas that gained notoriety during LTPL and is a pretty solid unit overall. However, it would be beyond unfair to call this team my creation, as the only two things I can claim on it are the idea of using Gogoat as a way of dismantling slower builds and the Mr. Mime slot. The credits for everything else go to the mastermind known as False., as he was the one who introduced me to the concept of Bronzor balance and also suggested the usage of Protect Lumineon paired with a Ground-type breaker as a means of covering Choice Scarf Rotom-Frost. This kind of team archetype is relatively straightforward, using Bronzor as the Stealth Rock setter of choice due to its ability to check an insane amount of threats on its own, including Beheeyem and Golem, a Heal Bell user to make up for Bronzor's need to run Rest as its recovery move, with Altaria playing that role on this specific squad, and a durable Defog user, with Lumineon being a naturally good fit here due to its ability to blanket check offensive Water-type Pokemon, which would be able to sweep me clean otherwise. The remaining slots are fairly flexible, but since I knew that wanted to use Gogoat, I made sure that my last two Pokemon were able to support it nicely. With that in mind, Choice Scarf Mr. Mime plays a unique role here, packing both Trick and Healing Wish, which lets it lure opposing Bronzor and provide Gogoat with a second chance of winning the game (if it didn't manage to do so the first time around) at the same time. Golem holds the squad together with its immunity to Electric-type moves and key resistances to Normal and Flying-type attacks, which gives Bronzor some breathing room against the likes of Stoutland and Dodrio. Besides that, it's also the team's sole hard hitter, something that is, in my opinion, obligatory to have on these kind of teams. I ended up bringing this squad against HJAD (once again, here's the replay for reference), and even though I didn't quite get the match up I wanted (it was still a pretty good one, but not really what I was expecting), the team performed quite nicely in a game that seemed pretty close at first but eventually snowballed out of control.

Even with Quagsire's departure, there's not much I would change on this team. Changing the Mr. Mime slot is an option, considering that Choice Scarf users such as Rotom-Frost can also perform its role to a satisfying extent. Besides that, Leafeon can be used over Gogoat, as it does a similar job of breaking teams, but the loss in "swag points" is notable (it also makes getting past defensive Mawile and a couple of other Pokemon a lot trickier). It's also possible to play around with the Defog and Heal Bell options, with Audino, Clefairy, Pelipper and Vibrava all being interesting alternatives.

---

Focus Energy Combusken + Octillery (Baton Pass)

Jumpluff @ Yache Berry
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Memento

Solrock @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion

Combusken @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Energy
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bonemerang
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Octillery @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Water Spout
Easily the wildest squad I've brought the whole tournament. I don't know what hit me at the time, but I knew that I would most likely regret not Baton Passing the living hell out of someone in PU, so I ended up making this abomination. Inspired by Shake It Up's Focus Energy Pass team in RU (also known as the "OctoGod"), Combusken and Octillery were the squad's starting point, and literally everything on the team revolves around making sure that either Octillery or Marowak receives Focus Energy + Speed boosts. Jumpluff and Solrock increase Combusken's chances of performing its role effectively by setting up screens or getting a Memento off (on anything that isn't Pawniard) respectively, and Mr. Mime makes yet another appearance because of its access to Healing Wish, which is an extremely clutch move on this kind of team. I haven't really been explaining individual sets up until now, but Yache Berry + Acrobatics Jumpluff deserves a brief mention here because even though it's a bizarre choice, I was pretty much forced into running it to make sure Floatzel wasn't able to 6-0 the team from Team Preview, since only Choice Band Floatzel is strong enough to break its way past Yache Berry Jumpuff, and that can be set up on by Combusken with ease. In my game against PDC, which is probably the worst PU game of all time, Yache Berry Jumpluff ended up clutching after both Baton Pass recipients failed to break PDC's team due to bad RNG. Personally, I would never bring this squad to any important game ever again because it gets eaten alive by pretty much every Roar user. Haze Altaria can actually be played around thanks to the fact that Focus Energy boosts don't get eliminated by the move, but it's still pretty inconsistent strategy nonetheless.

If, in spite of my advice, you still feel like having some fun with Baton Pass in PU, I urge you to try Teddeh and HJAD's Speed Pass team, which is probably the most solid one crafted so far. If you're into Octillery, then make sure you don't straight up lose if Baton Pass isn't successful for whatever reason (or just make a team with it that doesn't run Combusken).

---

Swords Dance Pawniard + Coil Arbok (Sticky Web Offense)

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Def / 24 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore / Dark Void
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Pain Split
Considering the kind of teams I had been running up until that point, I knew for sure that I wanted to switch things up a little for my semifinals game against Anty, and even though the team didn't come through in the end due to a major misplay on my part and an overall bad match up (replay), I'm still pretty satisfied with the end result, since it features one of my favorite team archetypes introduced in Gen 6 and, most importantly, does a pretty good job of exploiting Quagsire's ban, which was fairly recent at the time. Throughout the week, I made several team drafts with Sticky Web, experimenting with Pokemon such as Kingler, Dodrio, Basculin, Misdreavus and more, but in the end this one turned out to be, in my opinion, the best draft of the bunch. Smeargle's role on the team is self explanatory, and its EV spread allows it to do some interesting things like staying in on Prinplup and surviving Golem's and Crustle's attempt of shutting it down with Rock Blast, assuming that it doesn't hit 5 times. Pawniard and Arbok form a nice offensive core that has the potential to single handily eliminate entire teams if given a small window of opportunity, while the rest of the team features two other hard hitters which also double up as soft checks to a couple of potentially threatening Pokemon and, not surprisingly, Mr. Mime (yeah, I really happen to like this Pokemon!), which acts as a soft check to fast Pokemon that are unaffected by Sticky Web and also complements the squad's threats with Healing Wish support on top of that. Although my previous description of Taunt Floatzel and Substitute Rotom-Frost was pretty generic, I believe that it would be unfair to analyse this team without mentioning their offensive prowess and ability to rack up chip damage on their checks at least once, as it plays a deceivingly big role for the team's success.

Despite being made after Quagsire's ban, there are a couple of alternatives that can improve the squad's match up against some particular opponents. For what it's worth, Vileman used a version of this team with Choice Specs Chatot over Mr. Mime and Choice Scarf Rotom-Frost in his finals game against HJAD, and even though it wasn't enough to grant him the win, it probably would have been if the RNG wasn't so mean towards my teammate. Other options include the aforementioned Sticky Web abusers (Misdreavus, Basculin, Kingler, Dodrio) over any of the current slots and Purugly as the Defiant abuser with Swords Dance Mawile as the Steel-type Pokemon of choice.

---

Choice Band Dodrio + Perish Song Lapras (Bulky Offense)

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Vibrava @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Freeze-Dry
- Perish Song
- Protect

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish / Knock Off

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Mawile @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Super Fang / Baton Pass
Last but not least is the masterpiece that I created for my finals game against Teddeh. Jokes aside, the truth is that I actually did a fair amount of scouting for this particular game, which allowed me to be reasonably comfortable against the kind of breaker-heavy teams my opponent was likely to bring. The team started out with a basic Rocky Helmet Mawile + Defog Vibrava + Specially Defense Clefairy core, which provided me with hazard control, various ways of regaining momentum and also solid checks to Choice Band Golem, Stoutland among other popular breakers. From there, I started brainstorming with some help from Anty. By watching Teddeh's replays, I figured out that he was a big fan of gluing his teams together with blanket checks to most threats, such as Prinplup, Altaria and Clefairy, which motivated me to think outside the box in order to find a Pokemon with the ability to dismantle that kind of stuff. Eventually, I stumbled upon Lapras, a specially oriented balance breaker that commonly runs a Choice Specs sets. However, my issue with that set for this one match was that Lapras's only way of getting past the standard specially defensive Clefairy set is to hope it lands a freeze, which is an unreliable strategy. Inspired by RU's various ridiculous attempts of dismantling RegiMola cores, I eventually decided to give Perish Trap Lapras a shot, and while it's true that it didn't perform as well as I expected it to in my game against Teddeh (which is, in my opinion, one of the best games of the whole tournament, so watch it if you have not yet), it still played an importable role by helping Dodrio remove Beheeyem from the match, something that turned out to be crucial later on. Monferno and Dodrio, which were originally a Rapidash and a Misdreavus, glue the squad together by providing it with speed control and immediate power, two qualities that, again, turned out to be pivotal against my opponent. This is probably my favorite team out of the bunch, as it displays my growth as a PU teambuilder and my ability to innovate without being blatantly gimmicky, two things that I take pride in as a Pokemon player.

As with the other teams, there is clearly room for changes in this one. First of all, either Choice Scarf Monferno or Dodrio can be used over their current sets, considering that the squad is quite slow in its current state, relying on Dodrio's naturally good base speed and Monferno's Mach Punch to dispose of faster threats. Clefairy and Mawile are two Pokemon with a lot of room for customization, which means that their forth move can be played around with as one wishes (no pun intended). Rapidash is a Pokemon that I have used over Monferno on this team before, and I honestly think they're both very good choices here, with Monferno's biggest advantage being its ability to handle Pawniard reliably. Finally, Choice Specs Lapras can be ran over the current set, as it is probably a more consistent breaker in the long run.

---

Once again, I'd like to thank the PU community for their kindness, as well as my LTPL opponents for keeping it competitive. This is the part of my post where I'm supposed to bash the tier despite the fact that I've played it for 6 weeks in LTPL, but I think that it'd be inappropriate not to finish this post on a good note, so I'll just leave it at that. Massive shout out to Finchinator for having brain AIDS and thinking that it was a good idea to draft a grand total of 0 PU players in the Lower Tier Premier League (and, on top of that picking himself up to play this tier for 10k just to go straight into the bench after starting out 0-2). See you in Gen 7!

Last edited:
Hey frens! LTPL was a very cool experience for me and i had a great Team with lots of friends. Big shoutouts to ict for buying me, wich i didnt really expect since im not very active on smogon. I didnt play a lot overall but i cant complain, because i had a lot of stuff irl which also resulted in me being inactive for a month during week 6 till playoffs. I am very pleased with my performance in PU, i went 2-0. I build a lot of teams with my buddy Anty and im very thankfull that he and dodmen looked over all the teams i build. Everyone who knows me, knows that im a creative builder and i like to incorporate unusal stuff to my builds.

Week 3 vs Rodriblutar

Duosion @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Recover

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Stoutland @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Giga Impact

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Facade
- Crunch

I expected a very fat Team from Rodri. I scouted some of his Grandslam Replays and noticed that he likes using Semi Stall/Stallish Teams with one or two Breaker like a powerfull Pursuiter for example. He used a very offensive Team for Week 1 and lost so i expected him to go back to his routes and use some fat Team. CM Duosion beats Stall very easily once you get rid of Bronzor, and Dundies Stall was about to take over the Meta so i build this Cteam as you would call it. Probopass is a good Partner for Duosion because it traps problematic Steel Types such as SD Mawile or Metang without EQ. Probopass had one Problem tho, it couldnt reliably trap Bronzor which was a huge issue to me. I toyed around with Smack Down/Epower Probopass and it actually worked quite nice in trapping Bronzors since Epower is a 3Hit ko because most Bronzors tend to run more def because of Normal Spam. Since im going to remove Steels with Probopass ive decided to run a Normal Spam Core consisting of Scarf Stoutland and SD Quick Feet Ursaring. Scarf Stoutland seems underwhelming at first, but i think every good PU Team needs a Revengekiller, so i tried it and it worked fine. I run Seed Bomb on Ursaring over Close Combat, cause Quagsire recently dropped and it gets the middleground on Golem and Quagsire, and CC only hits Probopass wich i can use as Setupfodder for Duosion anyway. Spdef Clef and standard Quagsire as my Team was very weak to Monfernos/Pawniards and with those im literally safe against all sets. 48 Speed evs on Duosion with Energy Ball in order to outspeed Quagsire because they sometimes run Encore. Its a cool Team, but i think its more of a cteam rather than a good solid Team in general, DnB made a better version of it with Muk, because this Team is hella Leafeon weak.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-217353

Week 4 vs PDC

Krokorok @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Tentacool @ Eviolite
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

Leafeon @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I didnt really know what to bring vs PDC because i had no idea what he usually uses so i wanted to bring a solid Team in general, which can hold its back against various types of matchups. At first i really wanted to use Frillish which is underrated af imo, and it doesnt get the attention it deserves in PU imo. I started this team tho with a different approach. I asked Anty if he had cool ideas, and he told me that specs camel is the second coming of jesus, so i tried to build around it. I added Banded Krook to the Team cause nobody really used it at that time and its supports something like Scarf Rotom really well, cause he Knock Offs Fat Stuff and Pursuits Bronzor and in general breaks Holes into opposing Teams so Scarf Rotom could clean. I guees i started a metagame trend lol. Krookorok started to become a meme in our teamchat, even blunder used it in UU LOL. I added Mawile as a Rocker. It helped vs Ursaring and other physical Threats. Next i wanted a Hazard remover which wasnt a defoger bacause Camerupt and Krook need Rocks up to be even more threatening, and i was preety Monferno Weak and Prinplup gets to easily worn down. I actually thought about using Frilish in that Slot, but i needed Hazard Removal so Tentacool came in mind. I evd him so he could take on Monferno and Floatzel. Rest was a shaky slot, some of my Teammates suggested Knock. I didnt change it, and it actually won me the game in a nerve recking ending. SD/Synthesis Leafeon was added to the Team cause Golem was a huge Threat and there was no reason to not use it. Its such a good and splashable Mon.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-pu-220178

Huge Shoutouts to Anty,Dodmen and Leru for helping me build and test. DnB for being a long time friend, ICT for giving me a chance and the rest of my team for being awsome :]]]

some other teams i build but never really used:

Zweilous @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earth Power

Stoutland @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Giga Impact
- Superpower

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Eruption

Gogoat @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Milk Drink
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
--------------

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Kingler @ Choice Band
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Rock]
-------------------

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

Combusken @ Eviolite
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Flare Blitz

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 136 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Iron Tail

Golem @ Earth Plate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
-------------------------

Last edited:

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion
-
------------

week 4 - false vs galbia

i don't really remember my prep for this week, i just remember really wanting to use marowak. sub marowak is pretty cool, and an undervalued set in my opinion. i built this team on autopilot, utilising clef + zor as the defensive core alongside a bunch of generic role-fulfilling mons in scarf rotom-f, defog peli, and sd leafeon. unfortunately i found out that this team was almost identical to a team used by dundies the week prior.
-------------
week 5 - false vs anty

i was really conscious of not losing to sub + sd bouff this week, so the first thing i did was make sure my defensive core was really solid. geist + vullaby + clef provided me with a reliable defensive core that adequately handled bouff, as well as most of the other stallbreakers that anty liked to use. basculin + stout were 2 pokemon that seemed to matchup well vs most of the defensive cores that anty liked to use. scarf rotom-f is standard, and gave me an rkiller for stuff like huntail and gorebyss in case anty went full ct on me.
-------------
week 7 - false vs dundies

this was the week that i had most been looking forward to. i had never faced dundies in a tournament setting, and i was eager to prove myself. regigigas is evd to sub on on seis toss clef, outspeed vullaby during slow start and leafeon after it. frogadier has hp electric mainly for peli, which dundies had used a bunch. unfortunately rng betrayed me, and dundies stole a game that i deserved to win.
-------------
week 7 - snowy vs rawmelon

out of all the teams that i made during ltpl this was definitely my favourite, combining a bunch of my favourite pu pokemon/sets with an almost perfect aesthetic (if only shiny leafeon could be blue or purple :pirate:)
-------------
semifinal - false vs teddeh

cb krok + probopass supports articuno and duosion really well. chinchou + vibrava provides a voltturn defensive core which allow me to bring in my trappers as often as i need to. i don't really want to talk about how the game went...
-------------
other teams i can't be bothered writing descriptions for:

week 1 - snowy vs confide

week 1 - false vs kingler12345 | week 3 - .carloo~ vs amber lamps | week 4 - chimpact vs obii

-------------

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Time to dump my stuff as well. Better late than never I guess D:

Week 1 vs the540mph

On first week I came out with a stoutland offense featuring doublestatus missy, offering nice speed control against offense with twave, and it worked quite well in the lategame. Swanna is such a great mon with its offensive stabs, offering hazard control, golem as a solid(no pun intended) electric check and sr tank, while zeb + ferno offer some good offensive volturn momentum for my breaker stout.
Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 48 HP / 236 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Week 2 vs Blunder

That was the first week when quagsire and the other drops were implemented, so I decided to go with Altaria this time as it would be able to handle them just in case, even though my opponent brought something completely different but anyways it did its job very well. As for the rest I came up with an overall solid CB golem + clef bulky offense featuring also sd leafeon, probabily my favorite setup sweeper and it was so awesome during quag meta.
Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Earthquake

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Return

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- U-turn

Golem @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Week 3 vs Carloo

So this time I went on the lazy way and decided to bring a team I built a couple months ago from the week 3 game. I really wanted to use specs camel as it was starting to get pretty good in the meta, so I recycled this really fun to use team with some fixes here and there. Lumi was an excellent partner with camel, while mawile was a good choice as sr setter, being able to check grasses and stout, as well as bpassing momentum to my breakers camel and stout. Scarf mime offered me crucial speed control and rkilling support, while pluff was my setup sweeper of choice able also to give status utility.
Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Eruption

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- U-turn

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance

Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Week 4 vs Dundies

Since I expected my opponent to bring quagsire stall or something like that, this time I decided to overprepare myself a bit against it, bringing a fwg core with subplot tales, my usual sd leafeon and all out attacker simipour, alongisde a cb golem + clef and vullaby core. However he brought instead a nice balance team with an unexpected sub marowak which gave me many problems and didnt go well for me in the end.
On a side note, this is the team I used to get the quagsire suspect done, and it obviously made its own work lol, but it was quite weak against faster offensive builds such as HO etc.
Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Return
- Swords Dance

Golem @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Simipour @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Week 6 vs Vileman

This time I decided to go with specs chatot, so I went with a simple but effective chinchou + vibrava + mawile defensive core, concluding with an unusual cb leafeon (i rarely run that set) and the useful as ever scarf mime, nothing particularly fancy there, but it overall worked very well.
Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Chatot @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- U-turn

Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Return
- Bullet Seed

Week 7 vs TDK

Welp, this time I kind of ran out of ideas so I brought the same maw+vib+chin core and readded mr.mime but with nplot this time, alongside specs camel and scarf dodrio. It did really poorly against his chickenpass team and stored power natu didnt have any trouble finding ways to setup.
Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Facade

Mr. Mime @ TwistedSpoon
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Overall I had lots of fun playing in this tournament, alongside being with cool teammates, so shoutouts to all of them, too bad we didnt make it to playoffs and had such unfortunate weeks. Shoutouts also to Tricking for drafting me, Dibs The Dreamer MaroGod and Teddeh for helping me test my teams throughout the season, and to HJAD for creating this thread making it possible for me to showcase this stuff etc. etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)