lmao people rating Gen V RU teams

Hey, it's Leafshield. I made an RMT in Gen V RU a long time ago that really wasn't all that good but after playing it extensively prior to the beginning of Gen VI, I think I've learned a lot and can say that I have found a team that I like a lot. The team features a lot of sets that are a small twist on the standard, some familiar and unfamiliar. So I guess I'll show you all the team now.

Entei @ Flame Plate
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Entei was the Pokemon that made me want to build the team, but I wouldn't say it's the star, considering the team is fairly balanced and doesn't have a clear end objective. This Entei is primarily a lure against Alomomola, who was a very popular wall while I laddered extensively. The set fakes CB really well due to Flame Plate allowing Entei to still hit really hard. Toxic allows me to cripple Alomomola (or at least force it out) and Slowking, who are usually huge problems for Entei. Having those two toxic'd really helps my team if Eelektross dies. The EVs are for some extra bulk that lets me take certain things better (like Kabutop's Aqua Jet, hits from Gallade [which this set outspeeds]), etc. The speed outruns everything below standard Kabutops.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Slowking is a threatening wall in Gen V RU, being a cold stop to a lot of common Fire- and Fighting- Types, as well as just being a general "Rotom-Wash" type, which basically means it randomly checks a shit ton of stuff. The EVs are pretty much standard Slowking, and the moves are commonplace. Scald is there for burns and STAB, Flamethrower is useful for Ferroseed, which my team is a little iffy on dispatching (Ferroseed also likes to switch into Slowking on predicted Toxic/TWave and Scald.). Thunder Wave is primarily due to my team being fairly slow, and Slack off is for ever useful recovery. I was thinking about switching to a more offensive build, and also switching Flamethrower out for Psyshock for Qwilfish, but I'm still not decided on that yet.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Ferroseed is the second part of my defensive core, and the "Grass" partner of the ever-common RU FWG core. Ferroseed takes hits for days on end on the physical side, providing amazing chip damage with Iron Barbs and Leech Seed. Spikes are great for my team because of the general lack of CB and Specs attackers, making the KOs easier to come by. Gyro Ball breaks frail subs due to Seed's low speed.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpDef / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Regirock is the final part of my defensive core, and a great asset to have overall. He's a pretty good Moltres check due to the ability to eat up Choiced Fire Blasts and Hurricanes, as well as being able to cripple it with TWave or straight up kill it with Rock Slide. Regirock sets up rocks with impunity due to its titanic defenses and easily takes non-STAB physical Fighting attacks, such as Absol's Superpower, with health to spare. It doesn't mind a burn from bulky Tres since Rock Slide still breaks subs, and still has utility with TWave, which helps my slow team. Protect is to stout for choice users and random Hidden powers.

Bouffalant @ Choice Scarf Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Head Charge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge

Okay okay, here me out. No one expects Scarf Bouffalant, but that isn't the only reason for me to use it (though it helps :P). Bouff reaches a surprising 343 Speed, allowing it to outspeed the likes of non-Scarf Sceptile and everything below for the most part, making it a surprising and ass-saving threat. It still revenges a lot of the metagame, and still hits fairly hard without the CB boost. The moves are fairly standard; Head Charge is a nuke (does about 50% to Alomomola with a Sap Sipper boost), EQ and Megahorn for Steels and Grasses, and Stone Edge is for Braviary and Moltres. Okay so I decided to make this Banded via Brawlfest's suggestion because of how unreliable Bouffalant is as a scarfer, and that I would prefer my team have a Normal-Type nuke that can hit hard without the need of spikes and rocks to guarantee kills.

Formerly Eelektross

Eelektross @ Expert Belt
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Finally, we have our most replaceable member, Eelektross. Eel is a nifty attacker that provided me a ground immunity, which was great since I didn't have one (though Ferroseed sufficed most of the time due to its acceptable bulk). The EVs are slightly odd, but it allows me to outspeed max speed base 55s (Omastar, Bouff, etc.) and everything below. I opted to skip volt switch in favor of HP [Ice] to hit weakened Druddigon, but I could very well change that to volt switch for momentum. But to be honest, I'm looking for a good replacement for this guy, he just doesn't hit hard enough at times.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

I replaced Eel with Rotom due to Rotom's higher base speed and utility as a Scarfer than Bouffalant, while being able to provide the ground immunity I wanted, as well as the Electric STAB. While Rotom doesn't hit as hard as Eel, he has added utility in Trick, which allows me to cripple Steelix and Spiritomb and the like, as well as Will-O-Wisp, which is really useful to wear down physical attackers. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are customary STABs which hit a good amount of the tier for neutral damage, especially the fast, frail attackers that my team currently fears.

So there's the team, I guess drop a quick rate if you liked it/find a problem with it/actually look at Gen V RMTs still. Peace :]

Last edited:
Hey there shield, this is a cool team but I got two quick replacements since I gtg in 1 min.

Replace Scarf Bouffalant with Banded Bouffalant, as most +1 sweepers will not be revenged and it just isnt that reliable a scarfer.

Replace Eelektross with Scarf Rotom-N, which gets Trick to shut down walls, as well as a far higher base speed than Bouffalant to more reliably beat down a series of sweepers. It also spinblocks your precious hazards.

gtgbye.

Hey there shield, this is a cool team but I got two quick replacements since I gtg in 1 min.

Replace Scarf Bouffalant with Banded Bouffalant, as most +1 sweepers will not be revenged and it just isnt that reliable a scarfer.

Replace Eelektross with Scarf Rotom-N, which gets Trick to shut down walls, as well as a far higher base speed than Bouffalant to more reliably beat down a series of sweepers. It also spinblocks your precious hazards.

gtgbye.
Thanks a million. Tried Scarf Rotom-N earlier and the spinblocking really helps. It's speed allows me to catch other mons pretty easily too. Scarf Bouff was fun for a minute but I agree in the end that Banded is the better way to go, since it just hits way harder and the surprise factor only works for so long.

Thanks for the rate :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)