Little Cup Team Building Competition R3 [SUBMISSIONS]

although a low amount of teams were posted this round (.cri) They were certainly high in quality I feel. I think Levi's team is an excellent example of viable stall in LC but I will have to vote for Rowan I think the addition of Kabuto to the team is really cool since it provides a wall for birds and a spinner, Ferroseed is also something you don't see that often and Ponyta is hella underated. Its like they make an underated fire water grass core haha. Also Rowan is indeed missing evs on Ponyta 76 in attack should be there

Grats to Corporal Levi for winning the last round!

For this round I am going to pick Chinchou and Foongus!

+

These two Pokemon are capable of tanking hits from many common Pokemon in the tier. They both resist water while Chinchou can tank hits from the offensive flying threats in the tier like Fletchling, Doduo, etc and Foongus can all Fighting-types like Mienfoo and Timburr while staying healthy with Regenerator. Chinchou is also very verasatile, it can go for a bulky set, or even restalk and can also run a great Choice Scarf Set. Foongus isn't as versatile, but the supporting role it plays makes it easy to fit on teams so it shouldn't be hard to build around. I want to see more teams posted this round guys!

Hi
Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 188 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack

Corpiss (Corphish) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 12 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Switcheroo

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Misdreavus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Destiny Bond

Okay so this team is based around Scarf Misdreavus and CB Corphish to sweep once the opposing team is weakened. Foonguss and Porygon form the defensive bacbone of this team, with Porygon just being a total bitch and walling nearly everything in the tier exept for fighting types, which are handled by Foonguss. Mienfoo and Chinchou form a solid VolTurn core, but outside of that they are excellent pivots for Missy and Corphish. Chinchou also is a solid check to Fletch which is cool. Mienfoo also doubles a role as Knock Off sponge, using Acrobatics once it's Eviolite is removed to get rid of unsuspectin fighting types. Just be careful not to switch it in on too powerful hits once it's Eviolite is removed, since those attacks have a good change of 2HKO'ing it (Pawn's Iron Head for example).
Corphish is the wallbreaker of the team, dealing insane amounts of damage to just about everything. Knock Off is also nice but sadly doesn't get STAB like his evolution.
Misdreavus is the late-game cleaner and also serves as a fail-safe check to stuff like Shell Smash Tirt, Dwebble (I think), +1 Carvanha, Scraggy, etc.

This team plays really smooth, and it has multiple cores which all synergise pretty nice together. Mienfoo and Chinchou are great ways to regain momentum, and the former forms a regen core with Foongus, who forms a defensive core with Porygon. Porygon synergises well with Misdreavus.

I actually made this team before this round was even posted lol

Hello everyone!

I'm new and not terribly proficient at the game (yet) but I thought I'd wax my teambuilding muscles and come up with something a lil different.

Chinchou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 68 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 Def / 80 SpA / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 2 Spe
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 168 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 88 HP / 20 Atk / 240 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost

Cubone @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 160 Def / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Double-Edge
- Thunder Punch / Fire Punch (if you really want)
- Knock Off

So it's a Bulky Trick Room team, focusing on letting Specs Chinchou / Cubone sweep while TR is up.

Lead with either Missy or Spritz depending on opposition, usually Missy so she doesn't have to waste a turn protecting through fake outs etc., and can just set up the TR straight away. Missy can then start taking down some Normal threats with HP Fighting, or STAB Shadow Ball for everything else. With her great bulk she can tank a lot of special threats, and will out-speed opposing Missys while in TR.

Spritzee is my cleric, Wishing everything in sight and clearing status while blocking Fighting/Dark threats (Like Pawn/Mienfoo/Timburr etc).

Foongus walls water and grass threats to Cubone and can also disable any potent threats with spore, allowing a turn or two of TR set up or sweeping as needed. HP Fire helps take down steel types like Ferroseed or Pawniard that try switch into Foongus as well as clearing grass types for Chinchou and Cubone. Clear smog stops any set-up on the opposition.

Hazards are left to Defensive Archen, both setting and removing, and with Eviolite, Roost, and Wish Support he can stay in as long as he wants. Acrobatics helps with fighting types, especially Mienfoo who will undoubtedly Knock Off the Eviolite.

Cubone is the Numero Uno sweeper here with a massive 30 Attack and STAB Earthquake. Rock Head stops the recoil from Double-Edge, giving Cubone some breadth of attack, and Fire/Thunder Punch can take down any Grass or Water/Flying threats respectively; Thunder Punch is recommended. Knock Off is Knock Off, helpful for weakening pokemon reliant on eviolite/bj/etc and for getting rid of levitate mons like Misdreavus if they haven't already been taken care of.

Second sweeper choice specs Chinchou is a bulky version allowing it to switch into most attacks, especially with Wish support. The classic Volt Switch can be used to gain and keep momentum, while STAB Thunderbolt and STAB Scald are the two main choices for sweeping. Ice Beam gives extra coverage against Grass types that wouldn't expect the Chinchou switch in.

Overall the set takes a fair amount of prediction to get right but when it does it's very fun, especially out-speeding scarfed mons that expect to sweep against you.
Having TR means that you can go a lot bulkier than normal, being able to eschew speed in favour of Def/SpD/HP, but still being able to get a sweep off while TR is up. The bulk of Missy and Spritz really helps them to keep TR up a majority of the time, wishing through hazards and unlikely threats.

Any advice for this set would be much appreciated, or any criticism/comments.

Thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)