VGC Let's Give It a Shot

Been wanting to play again for a while now, but I don't really understand gen 7 doubles. Played VGC and AG last year and had a blast. Just looking to have the same experience here. Thanks for any advice you can give. Would mean a lot.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Level: 50
EVs: 156 Atk / 28 Def / 72 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab

I really like Garchomp and I heard that most player's are scarfing it so I just played along. Tried to spread the Defenses so it wouldn't be OHKO'd by anything. Thinking about putting all the defenses in to one Stat though, maybe HP i'm not sure. Move set is pretty standard I'd say.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 68 HP / 196 Atk / 244 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Return
- High Horsepower
- Curse
- Recycle

I like Snorlax as well and I saw he got 2 of the top 2 spots at Nats so I looked up a set and rolled with it. I did hear High Horsepower was better than Earthquake so I used it. Don't think I should comment too much since it's not my set though.

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 60 Def / 28 SpD / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl
- Protect

Was also poppin' so I used it. Will-O-Wisp is the only move that causes status on the team so if anything comes up about that I can work on that. It's mostly because of Misty Surge though. Flare Blitz is only there because I couldn't find a better Physical Fire type move and I like Snarl and Protect, but I can switch it up.

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 108 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Protect

Using what other people seem to be using. Was gonna use discharge but I saw some charts that showed Thunderbolt was better, so I rolled with it. Also works well if they have Tapu Koko since earthquake is weird with him. Still not sure how the terrains work but I'll figure it out eventually. Actually If someone could explain it to me that'd be nice. I know that Misty Terrain does the whole no status conditions thing. But why doesn't Earthquake work on Koko? And HP Fighting since I don't have any other fighting moves.

Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Cloud Nine is a cool ability and I like him anyway. I've always liked Calm Mind sets on any pokemon and he's my 2nd favorite out of the bunch that can use it. I think the Moveset is standard for a CM set. Not much to explain here.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast/Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Never really liked any other Guardian Deities besides Tapu Koko but I just like Fini more. Nature's Madness could change for Scald. I like Heal Pulse a lot. I think I May have put protect on too many pokemon but I like it a lot. I'm not sure on which Fairy-type Special move I should put on her.

But that's it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think Golduck is that good outside of Double Duck teams, without Swift Swim and Rain it isn't fast and isn't quick enough, things it once could handle (Tapu Koko, Garchomp etc) can now decimate it. If you want an offensive Water type you are better off using Scarf Milotic or Politoed even, outside of Rain teams Golduck is not that viable at all, if you want a Calm Mind Pokemon rather delegate that job to Fini

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)