LC Trend Grapher+Correlation Tool (3K yeahhh)

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's about time I made an xK thread. I've been around the competitive Pokemon community for getting on three years and, counting LCF, have made almost 5000 posts, a metagame, and contributed to parts of several Pokemon in CaP. The standard thing to do is a big set of shoutouts, and that was my original plan. But instead, I decided to make something that more people would enjoy for longer. A "productive" 3K thread. So, instead of my normal posting for the last couple of days I've been working on making this (and collecting the data). I present to you the LC Trend Grapher and Correlation Tool!

Credits:
DougJustDoug for generating all the LC usage statistics, and giving us a LC ladder on his server. Without his work not only would the grapher be impossible, but we would almost certainly not have an accepted metagame at all!
X-Act for partially inspiring this with his awesome entire metagame damage calculator for selecting movesets with the best coverage.
The past and present LC community for being cool, and by far the best group to hang out with on Smogon. Dunno where I'd be without you guys.
The old CaP Crew for giving the noob with unreadable writing a chance.
C&C people for their enthusiasm to contribute. Really helps you keep going when you should probably be sleeping.

Download it from the bottom of this post. If you don't have Excel 2007 or open office then select the 2003 version, otherwise go with the normal one.

So.. can you find any interesting stats with that? Got an idea to make it better, or some mistake that needs fixing? Want to pester me to make an OU/NU/UU/CaP/Ubers version? Lets hear it.

Attachments

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is an absolutely fantastic spreadsheet, and a refreshingly productive xK post!

I might have a fiddle around with this later ;D

Hahaha... I've never understood the use of things like this. xP

Incidentally, 'grats on the 3K and thanks for taking the time to make this thing... whatever it is. @___@

Grats on 3k (You actually did get to 3k before me :P)!

Also that thing is cool, you can see how once Missy got banned Stunky dropped like brick.

Here's to another 3k more!

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the tool, eric. It's going to be fun tinkering with the grapher, though the coloration tool seems more useful off the bat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)