Metagame LC OM Megathread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
why are the abilities that are banned in LC AAA and not normal AAA banned? (Gale Wings + Adaptability)

why were missy and yanma unbanned... as merritt said serene grace yanma will be extremely annoyng, I don't think much will be able to deal with it

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
why are the abilities that are banned in LC AAA and not normal AAA banned? (Gale Wings + Adaptability)

why were missy and yanma unbanned... as merritt said serene grace yanma will be extremely annoyng, I don't think much will be able to deal with it
I kinda disagree with yanma, but Missy was unbanned to help deal with Zigzagoon which is a pretty huge threat, and it's generally pretty easy to deal with what with all the power creep and such.

Gale Wings was banned because of many flying type pokemon (Doduo, Taillow, etc.) who would destroy the unresisted meta and also help defensive pokemon such as Vullaby with priority roost and brave bird.

Adaptability was banned because any pokemon with dual types/stabs would be too strong in AAA LC. Pawniard for one can just 1/2 hko the unresisted pokemons and magnet pull pokemon such as Timburr does not want to switch in which forces you to either try to predict or sack a pokemon to deal with Pawniard. Notable pokemons that I tested who abuses adaptability really well was: Croagunk, Gastly, Houndour, Magnemite, Scraggy, and Snover. (remember these are the only ones I tested and mostly all pokemon who has dual types/stabs can abuse adaptability)

Missy was unbanned because like H&MBerkeley said it helps deal with Zigzagoon and with the ability to choose "almost any ability," lc pokemon have become stronger than what they were before which helps pokemon check Missy even better. And Melon and I have decided that even with Missy being able to have any ability it wanted, it will be stronger but not broken.

Yanma with serene grace is annoying but can be checked by Fletchling, speed boost Yanma, offensive choice scarf Yanma, Magnemite, and can be more because AAA LC is very unexplored as it is not really played. Yanma has many abilities that can be abused but is not broken.

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And additionally with Yanma, any Prankster status user such as Foongus or my lovely Yawn Hippo can threaten it by moving before the Air Slash. Zigzagoon, which IMO should easily be S-tier, tears through Yanma unless Yanma happens to be in while Ziggy is trying to set up. This meta is ridiculously underdeveloped and a lot of huge threats are unknown, so introducing Missy in particular but also Yanma back in while help check huge threats while also spawning more innovation

Just saying the AAA LC section needs a lot of updates (esp viability rankings) since its become pretty popular.

Zigzagoon needs to go from B to like A+ at least. This thing can break through its checks without blinking an eye because it can run either Scrappy (for ghosts), Mold Breaker (for Unaware), or even shit like Sturdy or Unburden. It has coverage for its resists (Rock Smash/Seed Bomb/Thief if it isn't running Scrappy) and is the most threatening sweeper right now. Add Unburden and Scrappy to it's list imo.

Desolate Land should be added to Numel.

Regenerator should be added to Spritzee (so that it doesn't have to rely just on it's own wishes for recovery).

Aerilate should be added to Taillow, and honestly I think it should move up to A+ rank. It has a good movepool to abuse with Aerilate boosted Boomburst, Quick Attack, Return, and coverage in U-turn/Heat Wave.

Porygon should probably be around B rank, it has cool options like No Guard (it has Zap Cannon + Blizzard), Scrappy, or even Unaware. It's versatile and is super bulky + strong.

Misdreavus should probably go up to A+, and have Magic Bounce, Mold Breaker + it's clones, and Regenerator added to it's abilities. It's somewhat versatile and is very bulky, strong, and is a great sweeper/wincon/status spreader/stallbreaker.

Yanma should be in A+ or S rank. This thing is fucking terrifying, and can run stuff like No Guard, Download, Speed Boost, or Serene Grace. No Guard can be used with Hypnosis for great pivoting, Dowload can be used for potential sweeping or boosted U-turns, Speed Boost can be used for sweeping/cleaning, and Serene Grace can pretty much ruin teams with substitute + air slash + coverage.

Darumaka with Unburden + Belly Drum is pretty scary, so add Unburden to it's list.

Dratini seems pretty cool with all of the -ate abilities, so I think it should be listed, maybe B- since it's physical movepool isn't fantastic.

Surskit with Mold Breaker (or it's clones) or even Sturdy is pretty cool and deserves B+ rank.

Drilbur with Refrigerate/Aerilate should probably be like A-, unstoppable rapid spin is invaluable and hits hard with fantastic Ice/Flying + Ground Coverage.

Nosepass with Regenerator is really cool. It's extremely bulky and can pivot with Volt Switch and set rocks. It walls stuff like Fletchling (although it'll need a little SpA investment to ensure it wins 1v1), Taillow, and soft checks Doduo. Probably B+.

Doduo should be listed with Aerilate, although Taillow may be faster, Doduo is stronger, having a stronger Quick Attack and access to Knock Off.

Cacnea should be in like B, I've been trying out a Prankster set with Spikes + Dbond + Encore (to stop set up) and it's pretty effective and catches a lot off guard.

Honedge should probably be around B-, Levitate/Flash Fire/Regenator is cool but it's not an amazing mon.

Edit: Also, Shroomish/Foongus with Prankster Spore is really cool so maybe B rank or so.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
Don't forget Tinted Lens Ziggy, which basically smashes through anything not named Ferroseed and ghosts

I think Ziggy should be S too

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Oma and I have decided, after watching a masterful display of skill by Rowan, to ban Serene Grace, since it's uncompetitive and unfun, and the goal of this meta is to be fun. Pokemon like Wingull, Yanma, and Pawniard could flinch their way through anything, and that's not what we're about here at AAALC
!

Updated shit for Tazz to put in the OP:
Rules and Basic Info: http://pastebin.com/RCpBznp9
Notable Pokemon: http://pastebin.com/FM2GSWut

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
The amazing, extremely exclusive and sexy members of the AAA LC counsel have banned Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon gets the ability of its choice, which makes it very difficult to deal with as it can destroy things expected to counter it at +6 with abilities like Mold Breaker, Scrappy, Tinted Lens, or even Sturdy. Ziggy is also quite easy to support in AAA LC, and luring Pokemon in with Illusion Stunky/Misdreavus is an easy was to KO checks and counters.

Go fuck yourself H&MBerkeley

Updated shit:
Basic Rules and Info: http://pastebin.com/6a1wvKSg (Added Ziggy to banlist)
Notable Pokemon: http://pastebin.com/zk3ak4tD (Removed Ziggy from the list)

Edit: tazz edit this shit mate

Last edited:
Rowan what is the banlist for LC Doubles, I've looked through this thread and haven't found it at all, and its good info for the LC OMs circuit.

Just letting you guys know (if you didn't know already) that STABmons has a new rule that affects some of your teams Rowan. Basically, a pokemon cannot have both new attacking and status moves, only one of those. So for example Munchlax can learn Extreme Speed and Boomburst (though it would have no reason to run Boomburst), but then it couldn't run Swords Dance. On the other hand, if it chooses to run Swords Dance, it couldn't run either Extreme Speed. However, since Munchlax naturally gets Belly Drum, it can use Extremespeed, but then it can't use Swords Dance.

(Sorry if this was confusing, the new thread should explain it better)

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just letting you guys know (if you didn't know already) that STABmons has a new rule that affects some of your teams Rowan. Basically, a pokemon cannot have both new attacking and status moves, only one of those. So for example Munchlax can learn Extreme Speed and Boomburst (though it would have no reason to run Boomburst), but then it couldn't run Swords Dance. On the other hand, if it chooses to run Swords Dance, it couldn't run either Extreme Speed. However, since Munchlax naturally gets Belly Drum, it can use Extremespeed, but then it can't use Swords Dance.

(Sorry if this was confusing, the new thread should explain it better)
Thanks for letting me know. However, as LC STABmons kinda has a community and history that have been playing the metagame for quite some time now, I'm going to leave this rule.

Most of the reason (iirc) is to deal with the normal types that have many options e.g. belly drum/shell smash + espeed/boomburst etc. LC STABmons uses normal clause where normal types can only have 1 extra move. This deals with the problem sufficiently. I don't want to unsettle LC STABmons as it's (surprisingly) a decently settled metagame.

Last edited:
Yo Rowan or Melonz did I give you guys a couple of teams for AAA and STABmons? My PS cookies were erased weeks ago and I feel like they might as well go up (even if they're outdated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)