Project LC Community Create-a-Team [DONE]

Snubbull really is the only good option. After making the team 4 times (once after each round), Snubbull was present on 3 out of the four teams. Without it we basically autolose to pretty much any fighting type that isn't Tyrogue, and SlamClam and Alola-Trash desperately need twave support if they want to be able to safely clean in case there is a rogue scarf Rufflet or anything of that support. There is no hazard removal or setting, so we're probably going to be forced to run Archen in the sixth slot if we really want either or both of those, but, again, Snubbull really is the only viable option imo.

Last edited:
I like Vullaby because it nets the team hazard removal (and is a good measure against Veil which is p good right now), a spore+foongus counter, and somewhat prevents fighters from rolling through the team. It would also be the only mon not trapped by sash diggy after a kill which can't be a bad thing.

sorry if I'm doing this wrong/am wrong

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
LCs Third Ugliest Pokemon(tm), Snubbull, has won voting! Here is...
The Team So Far:

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Rattled
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 SpA / 80 SpD / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab
- Fire Blast / Memento

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave / Heal Bell
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Thief

So we are 5/6 of the way there. That's 83%...but here in LC we don't settle for a B average. How do we get that final sixth? Submissions are open!

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Something to deal with Ground-types is absolutely necessary at this point. Yeah Clamperl can take them out, but we can't really switch into something like a Mudbray. As such, I'd like to propose:

Snivy.gif

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Ice

Snivy provides us with a reliable switchin to these Ground-types, and thanks to Eviolite and Synthesis, it can keep doing it throughout the game. In addition, it can actually take significant advantage of them by getting a Contrary Leaf Storm boost. I say we go with Glare here since we already have 2 Knock Off users in Grimer-A and Pawniard, and paralysis spreading is nice. It also opens the way for Snubbull to run Heal Bell, since Snivy can spread paralysis. Snivy also benefits from Diggy trapping Pony/Larv. I went for HP Ice to hit Vullaby, which could otherwise be an issue.

If we go for Snivy, one big issue I see is the lack of VoltTurners to bring in Diggy and Clam, and lack of hazard removers to preserve Diggy's Sash. Defensive Vull could've done both of these things esp with it not needing Koff and a moveset of Roost/Brave Bird/U-turn/Defog being a possibility. I went with Snivy however, because Vullaby means we have no real way of switching into and actually taking out the likes of RestTalk Mudbray (also Snivy is much more fun to use imo).

We're going full edge here with this team. Dark Spam time

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Gives us more of an offensive team. Another amazing sweeper/wincon with memento dig. Dark Spam is also cool. This thing destroys the entire tier at +1 bar like spritz and snub which we have dig to trap at low health and 2 of the best fairy answers in the game being Rick Grimes and Pawn. Seems like a fun offensive team kinda thing. It's not great but it's a solid option

I want to propose complementing the Clamperl-Pawniard set up duo with a Carvanha.

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Carvahna synergizes extremely well with the rest of the team offensively. We now have full out darkspam with three dark attackers (Carvanha, Grimer-Alola, Pawniard), and Carvanha, Pawn, and Clamperl form a potent offensive core. They pressure plenty of shared checks, for ex. Clam and Carvanha both pressuring Ferro/Magnetmite, Carvan and Pawn both pressuring Timburr/Mein, etc. Moving us closer to the goal of a Carvanha or Clamperl sweep. Psychic Fangs breaks A Veil and blows away fighting types/Koffing.

One obvious difficulty with using Carvahna in the last spot is a lack of ground resists. In testing I have been trying to use Snubb to spam intimidate and pivot around mons that can just spam EQ, or I just sac a mon and keep up the pressure as if I am running HO.

This team is a ton of fun playing with so I'm looking forward to participating in more of these create a teams :)

Couple of replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-533906488
vs Titaniteslap (notable to showcase playing around the onix)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-533929782
vs a hail team with SRush Sandshrew

Turtwig @ Eviolite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 76 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpA / 156 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis
- Toxic / Reflect / Light Screen

Here's a fun set I got from my buddy Trash. What I originally thought was a meme actually performs great as it can 1v1 pretty much all of the spinners in LC and can reliably keep up Stealth Rocks. It also provides a much needed ground resist for the team. Rocks breaking sturdys and sashes is always neat too for our sweepers and cleaners. Let me know what you guys think.

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off / U-Turn

Provides hazard removal, checks Timburr and non-reckless Foo for Pawn and provides a DarkSpam of sorts, knocking off items along with the other two dark types making stuff way easier to kill. U-Turn if you wanna build momentum instead, since two Knock Off users is probably enough. Fairy Types are dealt with by Pawn and GrimerA and electric types bar Elekid are trapped by Diglett. ScarfMag and WA Onix are still problems though.

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast

It's true that we absolutely need something to deal with Ground-types. It's really like a Snivy with way less offensive presence and more utility. I'm partial to Will-O-Wisp over Snivy's Glare, since it lets Clam set up easily and generally stops stuff. We don't have a super reliable way of dealing with Ferroseed, so Fire Blast does that. Most importantly, though, it kinda-sorta deals with the issue Thunderboy mentioned: hazard control. Does Pumpkaboo stop hazards? No, but it's really the best we can settle for without straight up adding a spinner. Pump can spinblock relatively well as long as Staryu doesn't click Ice Beam, and it still does a really good job of checking Mudbray. We could also run the Z-Trick-or-Treat set if we want the level of offensive presence Snivy has, but you generally build around z-tot and not with it, so I think the standard bulky set is just fine.

Also, absorbing Spore is cute!

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is the moment...how will it end? VOTE!
Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Ice

Snivy provides us with a reliable switchin to these Ground-types, and thanks to Eviolite and Synthesis, it can keep doing it throughout the game. In addition, it can actually take significant advantage of them by getting a Contrary Leaf Storm boost. I say we go with Glare here since we already have 2 Knock Off users in Grimer-A and Pawniard, and paralysis spreading is nice. It also opens the way for Snubbull to run Heal Bell, since Snivy can spread paralysis. Snivy also benefits from Diggy trapping Pony/Larv. I went for HP Ice to hit Vullaby, which could otherwise be an issue.

If we go for Snivy, one big issue I see is the lack of VoltTurners to bring in Diggy and Clam, and lack of hazard removers to preserve Diggy's Sash. Defensive Vull could've done both of these things esp with it not needing Koff and a moveset of Roost/Brave Bird/U-turn/Defog being a possibility. I went with Snivy however, because Vullaby means we have no real way of switching into and actually taking out the likes of RestTalk Mudbray (also Snivy is much more fun to use imo).

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Gives us more of an offensive team. Another amazing sweeper/wincon with memento dig. Dark Spam is also cool. This thing destroys the entire tier at +1 bar like spritz and snub which we have dig to trap at low health and 2 of the best fairy answers in the game being Rick Grimes and Pawn. Seems like a fun offensive team kinda thing. It's not great but it's a solid option

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Carvahna synergizes extremely well with the rest of the team offensively. We now have full out darkspam with three dark attackers (Carvanha, Grimer-Alola, Pawniard), and Carvanha, Pawn, and Clamperl form a potent offensive core. They pressure plenty of shared checks, for ex. Clam and Carvanha both pressuring Ferro/Magnetmite, Carvan and Pawn both pressuring Timburr/Mein, etc. Moving us closer to the goal of a Carvanha or Clamperl sweep. Psychic Fangs breaks A Veil and blows away fighting types/Koffing.

One obvious difficulty with using Carvahna in the last spot is a lack of ground resists. In testing I have been trying to use Snubb to spam intimidate and pivot around mons that can just spam EQ, or I just sac a mon and keep up the pressure as if I am running HO.

This team is a ton of fun playing with so I'm looking forward to participating in more of these create a teams :)

Turtwig @ Eviolite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 76 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpA / 156 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis
- Toxic / Reflect / Light Screen

Here's a fun set I got from my buddy Trash. What I originally thought was a meme actually performs great as it can 1v1 pretty much all of the spinners in LC and can reliably keep up Stealth Rocks. It also provides a much needed ground resist for the team. Rocks breaking sturdys and sashes is always neat too for our sweepers and cleaners. Let me know what you guys think.

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off / U-Turn

Provides hazard removal, checks Timburr and non-reckless Foo for Pawn and provides a DarkSpam of sorts, knocking off items along with the other two dark types making stuff way easier to kill. U-Turn if you wanna build momentum instead, since two Knock Off users is probably enough. Fairy Types are dealt with by Pawn and GrimerA and electric types bar Elekid are trapped by Diglett. ScarfMag and WA Onix are still problems though.

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast

It's true that we absolutely need something to deal with Ground-types. It's really like a Snivy with way less offensive presence and more utility. I'm partial to Will-O-Wisp over Snivy's Glare, since it lets Clam set up easily and generally stops stuff. We don't have a super reliable way of dealing with Ferroseed, so Fire Blast does that. Most importantly, though, it kinda-sorta deals with the issue Thunderboy mentioned: hazard control. Does Pumpkaboo stop hazards? No, but it's really the best we can settle for without straight up adding a spinner. Pump can spinblock relatively well as long as Staryu doesn't click Ice Beam, and it still does a really good job of checking Mudbray. We could also run the Z-Trick-or-Treat set if we want the level of offensive presence Snivy has, but you generally build around z-tot and not with it, so I think the standard bulky set is just fine.

Also, absorbing Spore is cute!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)