Other Metagames Knights of the Frozen Throne - BH team by Balanced Freakmons

What should be the next BH suspect test about?

• Total voters

Artwork by me

Hello everyone, it's Balanced Freakmons with another Rate My Team (RMT) post. This time I would like to bring my very last attempt to make a good and consistent gen 7 Balanced Hackmons (BH) team. BH is nowadays a metagame full of threats all over the place. There is a large list of dominant Pokémon and an even larger list of surprising and powerful sets. After several attempts where I tried to make a good team that could face this unstable metagame and to conclude that they were good, but not brilliant, because they were able to beat very good players and lose to random stuff while laddering (shoutouts to my Nuclear Army team), I started losing my motivation to play BH, at least while the meta does not stabilize with the help of some bans/suspect tests. However, there's always that very last attempt when people find some resistance to stop doing what they like so much, in this my case, playing BH.

This way, I introduce you the "Knights of the Frozen Throne", a team that has two main goals: first, it was built to check as many threats as possible with 6 pokémon, always remembering that we can't check everything and make the perfect team. However the team was built to get as close to that perfection as possible. The second goal of the team is to use Kyurem-White to its fullest potential, as it seems to be a very underrated Pokémon in BH and has a low usage rate compared to what it probably deserves. It has the niche of hitting pretty hard two of the most used pokémon in the actual meta: Giratina-A and Zygarde-Complete. However with Choice Specs it's power is amplified to awesome levels, making it being able to KO or heavilly damage a large amount of dominant pokémon like Groudon-Primal, Regigigas or Audino, etc.

The team's most important focus is consistency, followed by the ability to surprise high-level players that are playing too "following the books" using the most common Pokémon and, finally, show some of Kyurem's amazing power.

Every team needs a good lead pokémon. In BH leads can't be 100% the same everytime. When "illegal stuff is allowed" usually each match can make our lead choice change. However I have enjoyed using my Choice Scarf MMY set on several of my previous teams, like The Nuclear Army, for instance, and it never disappointed me. It's a fast and great offensive pivot that allows me to outspeed everything and U-turn everytime I need on the first turn when I predict some plays of my opponents. A very peculiar set that I will explain more in-depth on the Team Analysis.

Kyurem-W, of course. One of the reasons the team was built is to show how powerful can Kyurem-W be. It provides some wallbreaking capability to the team, helping and being helped by MMY to make a good offensive duo. Specs Ice Boomburst! Sounds fun, yet destructive.

With all the main attackers listed, I needed to start working on the defensive stuff that could bring the consistency that a team needs to prevail. Primal Kyogre is a very dominant Pokémon in BH. Its good typing and amazing special bulk are brought to this team. Kyogre is one of the best RegenVest users on the metagame, and acts as an amazing check to the majority of special-sided threats besides being an excellent pivot contributing to be the axis of the team.

Giratina-A is known in almost every tier to be an excellent defensive Pokémon. In Anything Goes it is used to stop physical threats , like Primal Groudon, the king of AG, for instance. Coincidence or not, I brought Giratina to be part of this team for the same reason: stop Physical threats like Poison Heal Regigigas or Mega Mewtwo X to obliterate my team. I provide an option between two sets, one being a Magic Bounce and other a Fur Coat. I will explain the advantages of eachother on the Team Analysis section.

I had already chosen two Pokémon that could face Special and Physical threats. However neither of them could face some Shell Smash sweepers and resist both Specs MMY Psystrike and Psycho Boost, a fashion trend in recent times. Registeel can do that, can provide set-up stats removal with Prankster Haze and, in one last resort, it can always Prankster Destiny Bond when things become out of control for some reason.

At first sight, Imposter Chansey can be one of the Pokemon that require less skill to use in BH. However it must be played with mastery in order to be crucial to a victory in a high ladder match.
This little thing can be anything and do anything. From counter-sweeping when it copies set up sweepers, to hazard removal by copying other walls, through allowing you to scout any oppsing moveset, Imposter Chansey is a must on almost every BH team nowadays with all those set up sweepers around. It brings confidence a player knowing that if anything goes wrong, we always have this versatile plan B.

Y so serious? (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psystrike
- Moongeist Beam
- U-turn
- Surf

The first member of the "Knights of the Frozen Throne". A very close set to those I used on several of my previous teams. U-turn+Surf can look kinda dumb on MMY, but it's amazing. Mega Mewtwo Y, the little genius proving to be the genius lead of the team. With Choice Scarf this MMY reaches 624 Speed and oustpeeds the entire metagame including Deoxys-S, Deoxys-A, Pheromosa, Aerodactyl, other MMY, and common Scarf users like Groudon and Diancie. Most impostant of all it outspeeds the fearsome set of Unburden Belly Drum Primal Groudon, and can OKHO it back with Surf. Yeah, Surf can seem a weird choice at first sight, but proves to be an excellent choice against all those dangerous and unpredictable Primal Groudon sets (Contrary, Unburden, Choice Scarf, Choice Band Stakeout, Shell Smash) and provides some help against Tyranitar (although it's not much common). Psystrike is its main STAB, boosted by Psychic Terrain it hits like a truck! It deals huge amounts of damage to Assault Vest/Poison Heal Kyogre, Audino or non imposter Chansey by hitting on the Physical side. Almost no one expect a Scarf MMY (due to its high speed) and this can act as a great cirurgic killer. Moongiest Beam is the second coverage move, hitting other psychic types supereffectively and ignoring other's abilities what is nice to deal with Shedinja. U-turn is for pivoting, bringing synergy and it's always a good option against Deoxys-S leads, that will try to spore you/use hazards and you switch to your Magic Bounce Giratina or Registeel while damaging at the same time.
The naive nature ensures both a strong U-turn and Psystrike while maximizing MMY's speed while Psychic surge has the broken marvelous effect of blocking priority being a great choice to stop -ates and Triage.
Some nice calcs:
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre in Psychic Terrain: 282-333 (69.8 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 204-240 (49.7 - 58.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza in Psychic Terrain: 282-333 (68.4 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Psychic Terrain: 211-249 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Glacial Sun (Kyurem-White) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Fusion Flare
- Moongeist Beam
- Switcheroo

The gif itself kinda explains how magestic is this authentic Glacial Sun. A little like the image of what I did with Choice Specs Rayquaza, i wanted to bring the true power of Kyurem-W. It's role is to help MMY (and being helped by him) as they are the two main offensive pokémon of the team.
Its STAB Refrigerate Boomburst is a 140 based power move and it hits extremelly hard a large variety of common pokémon in BH like Zygarde-C, Giratina, Yveltal, Audino, Regigigas or Groudon. By adding Choice Specs (658 Sp.Attack!) we are able to improve Kyurem's destructive power to insane levels. Kyurem lacks some speed, its a fact, however the ability to hit supereffectively Pokémon like Zygarde and Giratina and the Speed of my Scarfed MMY, helps to compensate this a bit.
Fusion Flare is the Steel-type coverage in order to beat them in a OHKO or a 2 KO (it all depends on their life during the match and rocks) and is chosen instead of Blue Flare or Searing Shot due to Accuracy and Burn problems caused by imposters, respectively. 100 power, 100 accuracy. Simple as that. Powerful, no miss, no hax. Just the way I like it. Hax and bad RNG are always there. Let's not increase the chance of them happening. Moongiest is the choice to keep Shedinjas out of my sight, since they can be a common switch in front of a Choice Specs user and, with a bit of predict, we can surprise and deal with them easilly. Switcheroo, can cripple anything you find threatning, like a Poison Healer, a non boosted Spooky Plate Mega Gengar (try to predict an Entrainemnt) an Assault Vest user or even a wall that is stopping you to win, turning them harmelss.
I personally use Timid nature in order to outspeed base 90 Speed pokémon like Primal Groudon, Kyogre (to cripple them with Specs) or Dialga. However, Modest can be used if you want even more power.
Time for some calcs to show how Kyurem can be powerful:
252 SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 424-501 (104.9 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 307-363 (74.8 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Regigigas: 373-439 (87.9 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem-White Fusion Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 216-256 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Xerneas: 402-474 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
I think I don't need to show the calcs against the poor Giratina, Zygarde or Yveltal who take a specs Refrigerate Boomburst.

Alpha The Primal (Kyogre-Primal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Revelation Dance
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

Primal Kyogre, definetly one of the most powerful Pokémon in BH. This is the classic Assault Vest version of it. I needed a pokémon that could imposterproof my own Kyurem and take almost any Special hits, so I came up with this Kyogre. Revelation Dance is a STAB move that has the particular and funny effect of not changing its type, never. So this Kyogre completely stops any Normalize Gengar set from obliterating my team, KOing them after they Shell Smash and 2KOing them if they use Entrainment. If you see any Gengar, just switch to Kyogre. Its enough to guarantee the damage that Gengar makes to your team is near zero. Spectral Thief is a spammable move nowadays, however it's needed on a good Assault Vest. It stops the other variation of Gengar (Dazzling Shell Smash) from sweeping you, because you can click Spectral Thief, steal its boosts and KO it. Spectral Thief helps a lot against Poison Heal Kyogre, another fearsome set that can do almost nothing against this Kyogre when you click Spectral Thief to steal their Quiver Dance boosts or Core Enforcer to surpass their Poison Heal. Besides this, Core Enforcer can hit through Substitute and it affects Giratina and Rayquaza supereffectively. U-turn is for pivoting as well as taking the most of Regenerator ability to heal you.
I use the Sassy nature to have the maxium Sp.Defense and the less Speed possible to guarantee always safe switch ins.

Ghost Division (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Core Enforcer
- Defog
- Shore Up

or

Ghost Division (Giratina) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Parting Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Defog
- Roost

Here comes the fourth member of the "Knights of the Frozen Throne". It's Giratina with all its Physical bulk. However we have two options here: Magic Bounce or Fur Coat. Both are pretty useful.
The Magic Bounce version is used with the main purpose of bouncing hazards and completely wall any Poison Heal Regigigas set. And when I say completely it means I take almost no damage from its Knock Off and I'm immune to its Spore (due to Magic Bounce). Then I can cripple it with Core Enforcer. However this leaves the team a bit open to Stakeout Primal Groudon (Great news: The next suspect test is about Stakeout! If it gets banned we can use the Magic Bounce version much more comfortably). It's where we can use the Fur Coat version, that can stop Regigigas too, but it will be able to Spore you and setup or your opponent gains momentum to make a switch while you sleep (and you lose the ability to make plays with Magic Bounce reflecting opposing hazards). Any of the versions bring Physical defensive consistence to the team, so I recommend you to make two versions, one with each Giratina.
The U-turn is used on the Magic Bounce version for pivoting when I predict opposing switches and Defog brings the Hazard remove ability that any team appreciate. Shore Up/Roost is the obvious recovery move.
If you use the Fur Coat version, then Parting Shot is over U-turn in order to take the best of the Z-Parting Shot move that can heal any Pokémon I may need.
I chose Giratina instead of Zygarde-C because Zygarde suffers a lot from its x4 weakness to Ice, so Groudon with Ice memes can't surprise me at all and Mega Mewtwo X doesn't seem dangerous with its Close Combat, since Giratina is immune.
Stealth Rock can be added instead of the pivoting move in order to support Kyurem-W. However its not my style of play, but is a good option too.
Some defensive calcs that show why I choose Giratina to be my Physical wall:
Magic Bounce:
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Harsh Sunshine: 196-231 (38.8 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-X Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Psychic Terrain: 177-208 (35.1 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Psychic Terrain: 211-249 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Fur Coat:
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 196-231 (38.8 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (+2 attack to simulate Stakeout on the calculator)
Everything what Magic Bounce resists, the Fur Coat version resists even better.

Regi The Iron (Registeel) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
- Haze
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond

Registeel's typing and great defensive stats make it one of the most used Pokémon in BH. This set completely imposterproofs my Mega Mewtwo Y and stops any set up sweeper like Contrary users, Quiver Dance Xerneas, Shift Gear Regigigas, and all those pesky Shell Smash or Power Trip abusers like Yveltal or Gyarados with Prankster Haze. In a meta that is so set up based like is BH nowadays, one of this Prankster Registeel is always handy. And you know what's even better? It resists both Specs MMY Psystrike and Psycho Boost, a fashion trend in recent times. It can make all boosts return to zero and it can even serve like a last resort self-destructive bomb with Prankster Destiny Bond when something goes wrong (imagine a Shell Smasher/Contrary or a Groudon has boosted itself and its counter is dead. You could lose, but with this there's always a plan B). Registeel can act like a check to -ate Diance and Mega Rayquaza.
U-turn is for pivoting, with no EV on speed and a decreasing nature which makes Registeel as slow as possible to almost always bring a safe switch. Shore Up is for recovery, ensuring its durability.

Pink Blob of Doom (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Metal Burst
- Whirlwind
- Recover

Here is the last, but one of the most important members of the "Knights of the Frozen Throne". It's a Pink Blob...of doom! Imposter Chansey is always a safe Pokémon to have on any BH team. Why? Because it can become anything! It's the classic "You, but better!". This ability brings you many options. If you need to countersweep an opposing team by taking advantage of their Contrary/Shell Smash abuser this is the right choice. There are still a lot of players that don't imposterproof their team correctly, or if you aim kill the pokémon that imposerproofs their sweeper it means you have all the way up to go! It's always a back up plan against these kind of threats. And with Eviolite you create a bulkier version of them, what means it's pretty safe to switch on even boosted opposing Pokémon. Chansey can copy the other defensive pokémon of other teams, which means that if you need to remove some Hazards, or recover some HP or pivoting this Chansey can allow you to do it as well. You can even scout the oposing movesets to try to find a way to deal with them!
Due to this amazing versatility, Chansey is one of the "5 most used pokémon in BH" and I chose it to be part of this team.
Despite of Chansey's ability to transform in any Pokémon, it doesn't mean that its's moveset can be chosen randomly. I took 4 moves with a purpose. When an opposing imposter copies something of your team (Kyurem, Giratina or Registeel), your Chansey will remain Chansey. So, here is where the moves are useful. Toxic Spikes can be sent to pressure the opposing Pokémon and it helps my team to deal with stall-type based teams, by crippling their Pokémon with bad poison status alongside with Psychic Surge's advantage to block Prankster Defog and Giratina's typing that block opposing Rapid Spin. Metal Burst can retaliate any damaging move with more power, what is useful on such a bulky Pokémon like Chansey. Whirlwind can throw some pokémon that annoy you out of your sight and pairs well with Toxic Spikes. Recover is the healing move. Try to use different healing moves on different Pokémon. We never know when Imprison can be used in such a suprising meta.

1. Kyurem-W's wallbreaking power combined with MMY speed efficiency;
2. Imposter Chansey countersweep. Always take advantage of what your opponent uses to be better than him;

This is a section where I can explain what the team can check afterall, so here it goes. Be aware that this is on theory! And usually, the difference between theory and practice is bigger in practice than in theory. This means that every match may require its own style of plays and you may need to adapt yourself.
  • Poison Heal users like Regigigas and Kyogre are completely stopped by Giratina and the AV Kyogre, repectively;
  • Any Gengar set is stopped by the Assault Vest Primal Kyogre;
  • Choice Specs MMY will 90% of the time use Psycho Boost (because it's faster than almost all the team) so switching to Imposter Chansey or Registeel (and use Prankster recovery to heal back) are great choices. You always have Destiny Bond;
  • Primal Groudon is usually checked with Magic Bounce Giratina (or even walled if you use the Fur Coat version), however other options can be considered while facing one. It all depends on the set you're facing. Like: Prakster Destiny Bond to remove it from your sight forever (if you see it's worth to lose Registeel if you don't need it to win the match anymore) and even Imposter Chansey to pressure them with their own Ground move. And remember, your Kyurem-W is faster than every non boosted Groudon and can KO them with Specs Boomburst. If Stakeout is banned, Groudon can be much less threatning for any team. This one is no exception;
  • -ates can be checked by Registeel however there's no better Pokémon to pressure them than your Imposter Chansey!;
  • Contrary/set up sweep problems like Power Trip are solved by Prankster Haze or Destiny Bond and Imposter Chansey (to provide a countersweep :D). You have a Spectral Thief Kyogre to steal other Kyogre's boosts;
  • Mega Mewtwo X is not a problem at all to Giratina, since it's almost ever Close Combat/Psychic Fangs/Ice Hammer. Chansey helps here too, because it resists both MMX STABs when impostering. Giratina walls the Contrary Superpower+V-create version of MMX;
  • Xerneas is checked by Registeel;
  • Try to defeat the Pokémon that imposterproofs the opposing team, then use your imposter Chansey to countersweep. This is one of the two win conditions of the "Knights of the Frozen Throne";
  • Teams with the core Assault Vest Kyogre + Solgaleo can take some time to beat, as the two main attackers of the team can't OHKO them. You need to play around.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-610775308 - a match that shows the team's synergy
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-611667232 - another very good match with some good predicts and plays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-610775308 - a match against a 1590's player. This match shows many common matchups against some of the most used pokémon: a Poison Heal Kyogre, a Normalize Mega Gengar, how our Scarf MMY can be a great cirurgic killer by defeating their MMY while pivoting and beat Primal Groudon with Surf.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-611656503 - another match versus a good team, where none of my pokemon gets killed and the devastating power of Kyurem+MMY's efficiency is evidenced. Groudon couldn't do nothing against Giratina and the opponent was always pressured each time I copied his Diancie. Burn hax was not on my side although :P
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-611661087 - a match versus a team with Shedinja (easilly removed) and two Shell Smash Power Trip/Stored power sweepers.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-611654436 - a match where Kyurem OHKO's Mega Mewtwo X and the cirurgic ability of MMY is shown once more.
Some more replays will be added time to time.

Y so serious? (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Psystrike
- Moongeist Beam
- U-turn
- Surf

Glacial Sun (Kyurem-White) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Fusion Flare
- Moongeist Beam
- Switcheroo

Alpha The Primal (Kyogre-Primal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

Ghost Division (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Core Enforcer
- Defog
- Shore Up

Regi The Iron (Registeel) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
- Haze
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond

Pink Blob of Doom (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Metal Burst
- Whirlwind
- Recover

I think I could make a strong, consistent BH team able to check the major threats that the BH metagame provides nowadays.
If Stakeout gets banned, which I hope, I think this team can be one of the best for this actual gen 7 Metagame, and a serious ladder case, because Stakeout Groudon and Mega Mewtwo Y will disappear which increase even more this team's capabilities.
I had a blast making and laddering with this team and I really hope you all can give it a try.
Any doubts or suggestions to make it better, just reply, they are always welcome. I'll be happy to answer :)

On my I can't BH anymore alt I went 22-2.
On my Freakmons isn't OK alt i was with a near 78% GXE below 1500 ELO and ranked up to 83.1 near 1600 ELO.
Everyone, thank you for reading ^-^

shoutouts for Transcendent God Champion for the discussion about the team and for converting my images to URL and for ScarfWynaut to made me realise that one of the little issues of the team is dealing with AV Kyogre+Solgaleo.
If i forgot someone, I'm really sorry. You're all lovely and amazing people ^-^

I have a little poll on this post, about the next suspect test. What should it be? It was announced to be Stakeout, but some players may have different opinions. Feel free to answer :)​

Last edited:
Great team Balanced Freakmons, it perfctly captures the current meta and as you rightly said, it checks every important threat out there (partially because the blob blanket checks over 90% of the meta on its own xP). The few counters I did come up with are very niche and it isnt something you would see on the regular ladder. However on the other hand, I feel that it's matchup vs stall could be problamatic esp dual chansey cores, this is mainly due to the lack of a set-up sweeper and several mons that can switch into MMY and kyurem with a predict. For example Flash Fire registeel can keep switching into your main wincons all day long and basically pp stall you to death. That brings me to the first alteration I feel this team desperately needs - Hazards. This will pressure stall teams to a great extent and bring a lot of possible 2HKOs to definite 2HKOs. While multiple u-turers irritate the opponent to no end, I would suggest giving Gira rocks. This converts most of kyurems 2HKOs to OHKOs and makes the opponent less likely to switch around too much too. Another thing is that banded mons hit your team pretty hard, esp Banded tinted lens mega ray. It practically destroys registeel. I would really suggest swapping your scarf and specs around, i.e., give m2y the specs and kyurem the scarf, because honestly, with regi, unburden mons really arent an issue and with psychic terrain up, m2y has no speed issues tbh. Kyurem on the other hand would love the scarf and lets face it even without the specs it hits like a monster truck and with additional speed to outspeed ray and other fast/frail mons really helps.

Well thats it for now. GET RID OF THE BLOB. xD. Dont give up on BH just yet.

Edit: Pls no more bans. This meta will die.

Last edited:
Great team Balanced Freakmons, it perfctly captures the current meta and as you rightly said, it checks every important threat out there (partially because the blob blanket checks over 90% of the meta on its own xP). The few counters I did come up with are very niche and it isnt something you would see on the regular ladder.
Thank you Disciple_1 ^-^

That brings me to the first alteration I feel this team desperately needs - Hazards. This will pressure stall teams to a great extent and bring a lot of possible 2HKOs to definite 2HKOs. While multiple u-turers irritate the opponent to no end, I would suggest giving Gira rocks.
Yeah, probably rocks are a great option. It's one of the options I mentioned on the post tho. I'll try to play better with rocks, since is not my style of play at all.

Well thats it for now. GET RID OF THE BLOB. xD.
I can't get rid of it ;-; It's too good ^-^ Fits the team perfectly ;P

Dont give up on BH just yet.
I'll try Disciple :( Maybe the Stakeout ban can help too :D

I'll try Disciple :( Maybe the Stakeout ban can help too :D
Fur coat tina helps against stakeout anyway. Cuz Pdon (the most common stake out user iirc) gets a -spe malus everytime he predicts a gira switch in (V-create or Ice hammer). This should allow you to recover off damage and happily wall that monster. Stakeout ray on the other hand is a bit too hard to beat xP.

Fur coat tina helps against stakeout anyway. Cuz Pdon (the most common stake out user iirc) gets a -spe malus everytime he predicts a gira switch in (V-create or Ice hammer). This should allow you to recover off damage and happily wall that monster. Stakeout ray on the other hand is a bit too hard to beat xP.
as I said on my post, that way Regi can spore me and then switch to other mon to pressure me.
Let's all hope to the Stakeout ban :D If it gets banned, this team will be near unbreakable :D

esp Banded tinted lens mega ray.
thats so evil :(
Not common luckyly :) I always have Dbond.

Edit: Pls no more bans. This meta will die
After stakeout ban, I only think that groudon form direct use should be banned. Its too unpredictable and being able to carry items its just OP. Then no more bans :D

Some problems I notice at the outset:
1. You have no way to break bulky-stall teams.
2. A sturdy shedinja with Baneful bunker / spiky shield (to scout geistbeam/sunsteel) walls your entire team as you lack rocks and your only hazards are t-spikes.
3. You get bodied by stakeout (the potentiality of a "ban" should not eliminate it from your teambuilding considering your team is for this iteration of the meta).
4. You're weak to Primal-Groudon in general
5. You literally get 6-0'd by spore spam that has knock-off support.

So how do we solve these problems?

Firstly: the issue of breaking bulky teams. I would suggest something similar to what Disciple_1 has sugggested - except I would give MMy choice specs (and change the moveset) - and I would make Kyurem-W a shell-smasher. Taking into account this is a suggestion - I would suggest you use the following two sets (which help pressure bulkier teams better and prevent Flash-Fire Registeel being such a nuisance):

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Psystrike
- Moongeist Beam / Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch / Trick

Kyurem-White @ Safety Goggles / Icicle Plate
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Blue Flare
- Sunsteel Strike / Moongeist Beam
- Shell Smash

Secondly: the issue of Shedinja. This closely ties into the same suggestions for 3 and 4 - so I will deal with all 3 points under this heading. The point being, change your Giratina to fur coat and give it stealth rocks. Fur-Coat Giratina already handles Regigigas exceptionally well and I really see no merit in using a magic bounce dragon in a metagame where core-enforcer is run on literally anything that isn't a sunkern. Stealth rocks will let you passively support your team in handling Shedinja - while fur coat offers plenty of counter-play against stakeout Primal Groudon.
Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Rapid Spin / Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Lasty, the issue of spore. Being that, a turbo-blaze user has tons of fun with your team & so does a spore spam team (not too uncommon) with knock off support. THe only way I can see to remedy this issue without outrightly changing the entire team structure is to put safety goggles on something. I've placed it on your Kyurem-W (see first suggestion) as a tenative measure. But I would suggest trying to find place for a poison heal user.

With that out of the way - cool team, hope my suggestions help.

Last edited:
Some problems I notice at the outset:
1. You have no way to break bulky-stall teams.
2. A sturdy shedinja with Baneful bunker / spiky shield (to scout geistbeam/sunsteel) walls your entire team as you lack rocks and your only hazards are t-spikes.
3. You get bodied by stakeout (the potentiality of a "ban" should not eliminate it from your teambuilding considering your team is for this iteration of the meta).
4. You're weak to Primal-Groudon in general
5. You literally get 6-0'd by spore spam that has knock-off support.

So how do we solve these problems?

Firstly: the issue of breaking bulky teams. I would suggest something similar to what Disciple_1 has sugggested - except I would give MMy choice specs (and change the moveset) - and I would make Kyurem-W a shell-smasher. Taking into account this is a suggestion - I would suggest you use the following two sets (which help pressure bulkier teams better and prevent Flash-Fire Registeel being such a nuisance):

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Psystrike
- Moongeist Beam / Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch / Trick

Kyurem-White @ Safety Goggles / Icicle Plate
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Blue Flare
- Sunsteel Strike / Moongeist Beam
- Shell Smash

Secondly: the issue of Shedinja. This closely ties into the same suggestions for 3 and 4 - so I will deal with all 3 points under this heading. The point being, change your Giratina to fur coat and give it stealth rocks. Fur-Coat Giratina already handles Regigigas exceptionally well and I really see no merit in using a magic bounce dragon in a metagame where core-enforcer is run on literally anything that isn't a sunkern. Stealth rocks will let you passively support your team in handling Shedinja - while fur coat offers plenty of counter-play against stakeout Primal Groudon.
Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Rapid Spin / Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Lasty, the issue of spore. Being that, a turbo-blaze user has tons of fun with your team & so does a spore spam team (not too uncommon) with knock off support. THe only way I can see to remedy this issue without outrightly changing the entire team structure is to put safety goggles on something. I've placed it on your Kyurem-W (see first suggestion) as a tenative measure. But I would suggest trying to find place for a poison heal user.

With that out of the way - cool team, hope my suggestions help.
Shell Smash is not the best idea for kyurem, cuz it gets hard walled by unaware gyara. TBH kyurem-white isnt the best ate mone either. In general, in this gen, set up is hampered by the constant presence of spectral thief, (which should be hardcoded for marsh alone tbh). Speaking of which, your team has a huge issue vs mega gyara. The M2Y set aki0s laid out above should do the trick agaisnt that. As for spore-spam, well, the only concrete way of beating that is to run either electric or misty terrain, both of which are terrible gimmicks, so, the best option for the team would be to either switch pogre to its poison heal set (that cancer you run Balanced Freakmons xP).

But, bottomline, I really dont think kyurem should be a shell-smasher, and that M2y set will definitely help this team vs stall.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I will be very straightforward with this; I normally don't spend this much time to give feedbacks if the RMT is from someone I am not familiar with.
There are a number of systemic issues that is very visible at the first glance of your team (sorry), and I am very surprised by the fact that how none of the rates above pointed out that Mega Gyarados can potentially wall the entirety of your team; hitting it with U-turn is not enough, even around 50% range, Gyarados will have sufficient time to recover itself, and regenvest variants don't even care about what your MMY and Kyurem-W does, barring situations where it loses its AV through Switcheroo. Also, Fur Coat Chansey can be very irksome to deal with if your Kyurem-W doesn't successfully use Switcheroo in it because your team lacks hazard support except Toxic Spikes (which is removed very easily by Steel-type Regenvest and Gengar) since it is never 2HKOed by any of your 'mons.
Another thing that disappointed me from previous rates is "remove BLOB", "make your Registeel Flash Fire", and "give Kyurem-W goggles". Chansey is definately necessary for your current core which has trouble against the half of the metagame so you will at least grab a chance to countersweep the opposing team when they are offguard or switch into stall teams and pp stall them in return, there is absolutely no need to run Flash Fire with your Registeel when your AV regen Kyogre takes at most 16% from your own Kyurem-W, and it cannot handle -ates consistently without having Prankster. Also, about third advice, while I can see the reason why it was mentioned, Kyurem-W isn't the most appropriate 'mon to hold on to Safety Goggles as the most relevant offensive Spore user is Regigigas and others such as MMY, Rayquaza, or even Primal Gruodon is abusing Spore to get past their usual counters. It is not like your Kyurem-W is going to check PH Regigigas when it is already stands in a risk of getting OHKOed by +1 Jolly Regigigas' Facade with near 100% chance. The most ideal decision is to run FC Giratina as aki0s has previously mentioned or just run PH Tyranitar which also handles most Rayquaza variants lacking Precipice Blades and helps your opponent stop Psychic spams.
Despite being (formerly) an avid Kyurem-W user, I barely even used it after EV limit removal. It is always forced to carry Choice Specs to OHKO key threats such as Primal Groudon and Celesteela, and it now no longer 2HKOs its own Imposter with Boomburst. Also I don't even play around with Choiced wallbreaker 1 / Choiced wallbreaker 2 / Improofer 1 / Improofer 2 / Pdon check / Filler format anymore after EV limit removal. Choiced wallbreakers are forced to acquire Stealth Rock support for their own team which is desperately needed to secure important OHKO or 2HKOs against the likes of Giratina, Audino, and Registeel, and I frankly don't understand why your team does not have one especially with MMY with Scarf instead of Specs. Also, because the metagame has turned into significantly bulky metagame overall, I firmly believe one has to minimize their offense + improofing core so you can free team slots to deal with the rest of the meta as better as possible. That is the primary reason why I favor DG9's Dialga + Sub Xern core nowadays.
Your team reminds me of my very first RMT in smogon with was Specs Kyurem-W + Primal Groudon offense core backed up by FF Buzzwole and AV Regen Kyogre. The time period is totally different from now. I wouldn't recommend Kyurem-W as the most ideal wallbreaker in the team unless the rest of your team struggles handling Fur Coat Dragon family, and I would first off recommend switching your MMY out with Specs Rayquaza like you did last RMT or give your MMY Choice Specs. If you choose to keep Specs MMY, what you need next is something that beats Steel-types; the most ideal Pokemon that fits this role is unquestionably Primal Groudon or possibly Technician MMX which isn't completely crippled against FC Giratina and Zygarde unlike pure physical Primal Groudon variants.
Facing struggle in ladder is obvious for anyone; tilt is inevitable, and there is always going to be at least 1 archetype of team that counters yours. What this means, is that you should carry on, try not to lose by any means necessary, and watch replays if you lost any game, even against 1000 elo guy. Reviewing your play style and teams always is a way towards improvement. Feel free to stop by Discord chat if you need anything, and honestly I wanted to say you posted another RMT too fast after your Nuclear Army RMT; this does not mean that you should not post RMT or anything, but your RMT would shine much better (like your previous one which almost won RMT of the week poll vote) if you put much more time and consideration about how your team will do in ladder and how will it deal with the meta in general. Trust me, every bit of an extra moment you spend on your RMT will reward you combined with your fantastic artwork in the OP.
Keep in mind, I am this honest with someone only if I know they have plenty of room for improvement as a player, a willingness to hear everyone's advice, and a motivation. You remind me of myself in the past (better version of me tbh). Good Luck.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, I am this honest with someone only if I know they have plenty of room for improvement as a player, a willingness to hear everyone's advice, and a motivation.
RNGIsFatal First of all, thank you. I'm glad that you see me as such a person :) That surprisingly describes me quite well.

Another thing that disappointed me from previous rates is "remove BLOB", "make your Registeel Flash Fire", and "give Kyurem-W goggles". Chansey is definately necessary for your
I completely agree with all what you said about these three. It doesn't make any sense to turn my regi FF, losing priority, when I have AV Kyogre on the team. I never did that change, and I will never do xD And, as I said on a previous comment, the Blob is too good to be removed, as it checks many threats.

However there are a couple of things that I don't agree in your statement:
I wanted to say you posted another RMT too fast after your Nuclear Army RMT
I was planning to post this RMT later than this, but this is a pre-stakeout ban team, so due to the stakeout test (and probably ban, thank god) I wanted to post this, as I laddered with the team before the test.

What this means, is that you should carry on, try not to lose by any means necessary, and watch replays if you lost any game, even against 1000 elo guy. Reviewing your play style and teams always is a way towards improvement.
Of course, I always review my replays, it's part of an hobby of mine. I think I'm not the noobest player and of course I know that replays are great to see what went wrong and improve, so I don't need someone to tell me that :P

Mega Gyarados can potentially wall the entirety of your team
It can wall at a certain point, but it can't beat. With all the U-turns it will be dead sooner or later. There's toxic spikes and switcheroo to cripple it too.

switching your MMY out with Specs Rayquaza
I would never do this. Losing speed by switching MMY with Ray, making Gengar, other MMY and MMX faster than my entire team? Never.

If you choose to keep Specs MMY, what you need next is something that beats Steel-types; the most ideal Pokemon that fits this role is unquestionably Primal Groudon or possibly Technician MMX
I'll consider some of this suggestions. I'm curious about them. I'll try out and see how it works. But honestly, I don't think don fits on the team and Technician MMX sounds kinda gimmick. But i'll try both.

combined with your fantastic artwork in the OP.
Thank you ^-^

I normally don't spend this much time to give feedbacks if the RMT is from someone I am not familiar with.
Thank you for losing your time spending a bit of your precious time making deep reviews of my teams and giving good and honest feedbacks about them ^-^

Since I got to top 30 in gen VI and I am slowly but steadily laddering up in gen VII BH (due to my laziness) I feel like I can rate your team to some extent. I feel like a big issue on your team is the weakness against setup sweepers who beat chansey by themselves (most toxic healers, the ones who hide behind subs, spooky plate mega gengar...) So I would strongly recommend an unaware wall. Yes, kyogre has spectral thief, but it won't work if he dies before being able to utilize it. IMO, this spot should be filled by a normal type wall such as chansey or arceus due to their immunity to moongeist beam. As mentioned by other raters, the lack of hazards really limits your team (chansey almost never enters the field without activating imposter, so don't tell me you have toxic spikes). While studinja has lost most of its grace, it is still there and needs to be dealt with. Your best check against it is kyurem w with moongeist, but being choice locked doesn't really help in this situation since you become heavily prediction dependant, specially after revealing the move. Since we are talking about kyurem, let's discuss about its main nuke: boomburst. Yes, it is very powerful, but soundproof pokemon wall it completely. I recommend replacing it with genesect's signarure move (which I forgot the name right now) if not replacing kyurem w as a pokemon since it really lost its grace. You already have a choiced pokemon to blast holes on the opposing team in the form of MMY and versatility between the different pokemon in your team is huge, specially in balanced hackmons. Maybe replace hum with the unaware wall I mentioned sooner (and have this wall carry safety goggles as other raters have talked about the threat Spore spam representa). I personally think every BH team needs a magic bouncer to function well, which sadly leaves little room for fur coat to fit on the team, limiting your physical wall's capability. Once again, try to slap SR on some pokemon because the team would really appreciate the chip damage. That is all I have to say for now, but I'm sure there are always going to be flaws on every team, which is why they are never done tweaking. Feel free to talk to me if you have any doubts either here or on pokemon showdown (I always stay in the portuguese room by the nickname deatthekidd). I hope you enjoyed my rate and happy laddering

Hello Le Annoyer, thanks for spending a bit of your time reviewing my team :)

I feel like a big issue on your team is the weakness against setup sweepers who beat chansey by themselves (most toxic healers, the ones who hide behind subs, spooky plate mega gengar...) So I would strongly recommend an unaware wall.
Spooky plate mega gengar at +2 is a 3KO on my Kyogre, so I have no problem dealing with them: +2 252 SpA Spooky Plate Gengar-Mega Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Kyogre-Primal: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO.

Substitute seweepers are not too common on gen 7, even on high ladder.

The two main Poison Healers are Kyogre and Regigigas. Well, Kyogre does nothing against my Assault Vest Kyogre that even if put asleep with Spore, it will wake up and Core Enforcer in order to surpass their PH or Spectral Thief the opposing boosts. The other one, Regigigas, can't touch my Giratina at all.

Having an Unaware mon in this actual meta leaves your team open to very other threats.

I recommend replacing it with genesect's signarure move (which I forgot the name right now)
It's Techno Blast xD Yeah, I could do it probably. However, soundproof decreased on usage due to the -ates usage decrease as well.

I personally think every BH team needs a magic bouncer to function well
Indeed, as I said on my post, I'm waiting for the Stakeout and Primal Groudon ban to start using Magic Bounce Giratina more times.

Feel free to talk to me if you have any doubts either here or on pokemon showdown (I always stay in the portuguese room by the nickname deatthekidd)
Oh, you're portuguese as well? Great :D

I hope you enjoyed my rate and happy laddering
Thank you ^-^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)