SM OU King Boge (Mega Heracross BP)

Hello, everybody! Today, I'm going to share a team, a Baton Pass team. When you think of Baton Pass as a playstyle, it's pretty straightforward, set up entry hazards, pass some Speed boosts to something, and sweep. My team right here is based on Robopoke's Baton Pass team, but it's slightly outdated due to Mega Metagross' departure from OU. Many replaced Mega Metagross with Mawile, but suddenly, Mega Heracross was released! 185 Attack with a great offensive ability makes it a force to be reckoned with on Baton Pass teams. Let's have a rundown, shall we?

The Team

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic

This Excadrill set is pretty self-explanatory. Set up Stealth Rock, spin away hazards or get some damage in there. Not much else to say other than it's a great lead for Baton Pass teams.

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab/Earthquake/Megahorn
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

What's a Baton Pass team without the main Baton Pass Pokemon, Scolipede? Did you think I was going to use Combusken or Ninjask? No! 252 Attack EVs are used to OHKO Tapu Koko and Lele after Stealth Rock damage.

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Landorus-Therian is not only the mascot of OU, but it fits into most playstyles, including Baton Pass. Landorus-Therian beats a Pokemon this team struggles with a lot, in Mega Pinsir, which has a strong priority Quick Attack and just the right amount of Speed to outpace this whole team. This Landorus can not only destroy Pokemon for others to sweep, it can sweep unprepared teams with a couple Speed boosts and a Swords Dance boost.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum

When you think of a Water-type Speedpass sweeper, you'd think of Manaphy. However, Azumarill does have huge potential. After a Belly Drum, Azumarill reaches 1652 Attack, a stat that even puts the sturdiest walls on their knees.

Xurkitree @ Air Balloon
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Xurkitree's considered one of the worse Ultra Beasts, along with Buzzwole and Guzzlord. It suffers from the Mega Garchomp problem, it has a terrifying Attack stat, but it's too slow to utilize it effectively, and it's too fast for Trick Room. However, it finds its place on Baton Pass teams as a terrifying sweeper, being able to 2HKO even Chansey at +6. Xurkitree's a high-risk, high-reward Pokemon on Baton Pass teams.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Mega Heracross is the star of the entire team. It has a terrifying 185 Attack stat higher than Primal Groudon in Ubers, and unlike Kartana, powerful STAB attacks, a good offensive typing and a great offensive ability, being the only Skill Link user useful outside of 1000 ELO. Moxie is chosen as it could nab a kill and get a boost, being much more useful than Guts and Swarm. Overall, this Pokemon can be considered one of the best Baton Pass sweepers in the tier, rivaling Mega Mawile.

Zokuru

The Stall Lord
is a Tiering Contributor
That's a pretty intesresting team, however, it has the flaws of any common Baton Pass team. I'll try to give them to you and provide some answer to these problems :

Firstly, it's extremly Mega Heracross weak. This weakness is a huge and very common weakness on BP, that's why I would use this Gliscor on the place of Lando :

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Atk / 24 Def / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Facade
What does this spread ?
+4 176+ Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 112 Def Sableye-Mega: 306-360 (100.6 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 176+ Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini in Misty Terrain: 306-360 (89.2 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
136+ Atk Heracross-Mega Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 244 HP / 24 Def Gliscor: 150-180 (42.6 - 51.1%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

Taunt beats Skarmory Counter ( if it don't carry counter it can't touch you because Brave Bird Skarm is a myth nowadays ).

Now you must ensure that Heracross and, on a larger view, any Pokemon that hit hard on the BP turn, will take some damages to be in the range of Gliscor, or whatever pokemon you send to check it and setup. That's why I suggest you this thing in place of your Excadrill :

Druddigon (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ddi-druddigon-hyper-bp-peaked-4-1934.3602298/ here are the explanations.

With quick wording , this allows you to start Sub and things with Scolipede without having some Heracross or shit in front of you, or it will be para'd, and paralysis is nice.

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Protect
Here is the best Scolipede spread in my opinion. It 2HKO Mega Medicham, isn't 2HKO my its punches moves, and outspeed Mega Alakazam at +1, which is great because now you have a lead that prevent your opponent to lead with his Zam, and if a Zam trace your speed boost it will be useless anyway, cause you're one stage ahead.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
Speed to outspeed base 110 at +1, everything at +2 and Scarf 110 at +3. Max Attack because it's BP, and the everything else in HP because it's useless in another place.

ok, now you need something to beat Stall, and it's a staple en BP for many other things, I mean you need Espeon :

Espeon @ Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
Outspeed Weavile at +1, Kee Berry for Ferrothorn Gyros and shit, you know all the stuff.

Ok, now you're free for the last slot, I just gave you a shape for your team, it can change, for example, Dug > Heracross and Magearna CM last slot would be strong. If this shape is nice for you, you can use either Manaphy or Necrozma last slot. Both have their pros and cons, it depends on your BP style mainly.

Hope I helped you, have a nice day o/

That's a pretty intesresting team, however, it has the flaws of any common Baton Pass team. I'll try to give them to you and provide some answer to these problems :

Firstly, it's extremly Mega Heracross weak. This weakness is a huge and very common weakness on BP, that's why I would use this Gliscor on the place of Lando :

What does this spread ?
+4 176+ Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 112 Def Sableye-Mega: 306-360 (100.6 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 176+ Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini in Misty Terrain: 306-360 (89.2 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
136+ Atk Heracross-Mega Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 244 HP / 24 Def Gliscor: 150-180 (42.6 - 51.1%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

Taunt beats Skarmory Counter ( if it don't carry counter it can't touch you because Brave Bird Skarm is a myth nowadays ).

Now you must ensure that Heracross and, on a larger view, any Pokemon that hit hard on the BP turn, will take some damages to be in the range of Gliscor, or whatever pokemon you send to check it and setup. That's why I suggest you this thing in place of your Excadrill :

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ddi-druddigon-hyper-bp-peaked-4-1934.3602298/ here are the explanations.

With quick wording , this allows you to start Sub and things with Scolipede without having some Heracross or shit in front of you, or it will be para'd, and paralysis is nice.

Here is the best Scolipede spread in my opinion. It 2HKO Mega Medicham, isn't 2HKO my its punches moves, and outspeed Mega Alakazam at +1, which is great because now you have a lead that prevent your opponent to lead with his Zam, and if a Zam trace your speed boost it will be useless anyway, cause you're one stage ahead.

Speed to outspeed base 110 at +1, everything at +2 and Scarf 110 at +3. Max Attack because it's BP, and the everything else in HP because it's useless in another place.

ok, now you need something to beat Stall, and it's a staple en BP for many other things, I mean you need Espeon :

Outspeed Weavile at +1, Kee Berry for Ferrothorn Gyros and shit, you know all the stuff.

Ok, now you're free for the last slot, I just gave you a shape for your team, it can change, for example, Dug > Heracross and Magearna CM last slot would be strong. If this shape is nice for you, you can use either Manaphy or Necrozma last slot. Both have their pros and cons, it depends on your BP style mainly.

Hope I helped you, have a nice day o/
I am definitely aware of BanDisnDat's team, and I was considering using Druddigon before M-Hera came out, but the problem with it is that it doesn't have the sheer power and Speed Excadrill had, being able to Poison something like a defensive Landorus-T and spin its hazards away to give Scolipede more longevity is IMO much more useful than paralysis support. Running bulk on Scolipede just isn't that good, since Scarf Lele is so common now that Mega Metagross departed, it destroys most of my team. Poison Jab without attack investment barely beats it, and Megahorn and Earthquake are even worse. I'll definitely consider replacing Landorus with Gliscor, but right now, Intimidate and a much better Attack stat is just much more useful, especially for beating Pinsir, and it also fares well against opposing Mega Heracross. I already gave the explanation on Manaphy, Xurkitree's just the better Tail Glow sweeper. Guts on Heracross isn't that useful, considering I'm going to Mega Evolve it anyway, I'd rather just kill a weakened Ferrothorn and get a +1 boost, but I'm definitely going to consider using Espeon. Overall, these EV spreads are just not as optimal from my experiences.

Zokuru

The Stall Lord
is a Tiering Contributor
I am definitely aware of BanDisnDat's team, and I was considering using Druddigon before M-Hera came out, but the problem with it is that it doesn't have the sheer power and Speed Excadrill had, being able to Poison something like a defensive Landorus-T and spin its hazards away to give Scolipede more longevity is IMO much more useful than paralysis support. Running bulk on Scolipede just isn't that good, since Scarf Lele is so common now that Mega Metagross departed, it destroys most of my team. Poison Jab without attack investment barely beats it, and Megahorn and Earthquake are even worse. I'll definitely consider replacing Landorus with Gliscor, but right now, Intimidate and a much better Attack stat is just much more useful, especially for beating Pinsir, and it also fares well against opposing Mega Heracross. I already gave the explanation on Manaphy, Xurkitree's just the better Tail Glow sweeper. Guts on Heracross isn't that useful, considering I'm going to Mega Evolve it anyway, I'd rather just kill a weakened Ferrothorn and get a +1 boost, but I'm definitely going to consider using Espeon. Overall, these EV spreads are just not as optimal from my experiences.
That's why I said you that your last slot was important, and I said to considere Magearna / Necrozma

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)