Justification

Wow! This has been forgotten about! But, not by me! Without further ado, Justification, ORAS Edition:
  • Mega Beedrill now learns Gunk Shot.
  • Mega Pidgeot now learns Focus Blast.
  • Mega Pidgeot now learns Hyper Voice.
  • Mega Slowbro's ability is now Regenerator.
  • Zapdos' ability is now Lightningrod.
  • Zapdos now learns Hurricane.
  • Mega Steelix's ability is now Sand Stream.
  • Mega Sceptile now learns Draco Meteor.
  • Mega Sceptile's ability is now Sheer Force.
  • Mega Sableye's ability is now Prankster.
  • Mega Sharpedo now learns hunder Fang and Knock Off.
  • Mega Camerupt now learns Energy Ball.
  • Mega Altaria's ability is changed to Fur Coat.
  • Mega Salamence's Attack and Special Attack are swapped.
  • Mega Salamence's ability is changed to Sheer Force.
  • Mega Metagross' ability is changed to Download.
  • Mega Latias' ability is changed to Multiscale.
  • Mega Latos' ability is changed to Tinted Lens.
  • Mega Lopunny now learns Knock Off.
  • Lucatio's ability is now Tough Claws.
  • Mega Gallade's ability is changed to Justified.
  • Victini's ability is now Pixilate.
  • Mega Audino's ability is changed to Regenerator.
  • Mega Diancie's ability is changed to Pixilate.
  • Mega Diancie now learns Hyper Voice.
Let's a-go!
Now M-Altaria has no physical Fairy STAB! At least give it Play Rough or something.

Why does it need physical STAB, exactly? I believe the point was to make Mega Altaria more defensively-inclined, which is a change I can agree with since regular Altaria is that way too.

Draco Meteor makes sense. It has Outrage, is Dragon-type, and can launch off Leaf Storm. It's not staying from the point at all.
Draco Meteor, from its introduction, has only been available to Dragon-types (excluding non-Draco Plate Arceus and event Jirachi). Sceptile, in its base form, is not a Dragon, so it cannot learn it. There are no exceptions to this rule, not even Mew.

Sheer Force is from the stance, it's Nidoking's. Energy Ball as well.
What does stance have to do with anything? The name comes from the fact that those who have it attack with all they have, disregarding the ability their moves might have to inflict other effects. Sceptile is nothing like that.

I'm not opposed to Sceptile getting Draco Meteor; if we're looking about how it would make sense in-game it can be easily justified by being aviable only if you bring a Sceptile with Sceptilite to the Draco Meteor tutor. However, Charizard and Ampharos must also get it, or else it is just baseless favoritism.
Agree that it shouldn't get Sheer Force, since all of the users of the ability have heavy physical structure, a trait that isn't present in Sceptile. Having a stance barely similar to that of one user of the ability isn't a valid reason to give the ability to Mega Sceptile. Lightningrod is already a flavourful and quite useful ability, but if you still want to change it, perhaps Competitive is a better choice from a flavour standpoint.

I'm also not sure about Knock Off Lopunny and Fur Coat Mega Altaria. Those two are already pretty good Pokémon to begin with and I fear these changes might break them. Lopunny in particular is now able to hit the bulky Psychics that trouble it and in general to wear down more quickly its counters, while Altaria can be more manageable but it doesn't look very fun to play against. Also don't give her Play Rough no matter what, an usable Dragon Dance set with Fur Coat easily sounds broken. Also those are feathers, not fur.

Since you have also buffed the speed stats of Pidgeot and Beedrill, you must adjust the BST of their Mega Evolution with 20 extra points each. Put them where you want, and while you are at it, why not giving to Mega Alakazam those 10 missing points?
Castform's HP in its alterate forms also must be the same of its regular form, as HP can't change mid-battle.

A final suggestion, I'll also make some moves tutor moves, just to expand a bit more their distribution and eventually fix some illegality issues. Examples would be Moonblast, Play Rough, Sticky Web, Freeze-Dry, Recover, Aura Sphere, Rapid Spin, Soft-Boiled(tutor in FR-LG/E), Double-Edge(tutor in FR-LG/E), Sucker Punch(tutor in Pt/HG-SS), Defog(HM in DPPt), Seismic Toss(tutor in FR-LG/E), Body Slam(tutor in FR-LG/E), Curse(TM in GSC).

Everything else is fine though, I'd just polish the OP a bit removing the changes that became true in ORAS such as Contrary Serperior or Crunch Gyarados.

Agreed that Draco Meteor should be distributed to anything that becomes a dragon, not just Sceptile. As for Sheer Force...I think the point was that Lightningrod felt like an unjustified ability, so Sheer Force seems a little more justified if only by contrast. I'd consider "Sniper," as I'm pretty sure Mega Sceptile's animation for Leaf Storm, etc. involves him shooting out various bits of his tail like a canon, or possibly Mega Launcher.

Some suggested changes:

Zygarde: +80 BST
I don't care where you put them, Zygarde totally got shafted with his 600 BST compared to the 680 of the other legendaries in his Gen. "The big three" in any given generation usually have roughly the same BST, so I think this would be fair -- you could even go for +100 if you wanted to mirror Kyurem vs Reshiram/Zekrom.

Aurorus: +Boomburst
It has the most obnoxious, ear-piercing cry sound in the game and an ability that's begging for a strong Normal type Special move. Aurorus is shit, at least give it this one thing.

Meloetta: +Dragon Dance, +Swords Dance, +Quiver Dance, +Petal Dance
For a dancing Pokemon (in P-form), it doesn't have many dancing moves. You may that some of these violate flavor (Dragon Dance), but Pokemon like Whishcash and Lilligant can use the moves regardless, and it makes sense that a master dancer would be able to emulate the cultural styles of dragons and moths. I actually think Boomburst doesn't make sense here, because Meloetta's singing seems to be more about subtle manipulation than powerful sound-generation like Exploud.

Genies: +Wish, +Healing Wish
Self explanatory.

Rotom-W: +Scald
Self explanatory...and fucking annoying.

Malamar: +Psycho Boost, +Sucker Punch
Psychic type with Contrary? Should we give it...Superpower??? Also its a very devious, trickster like Pokemon, so Sucker Punch makes sense (and would make it less terrible).

Mega Ampharos: +Fur Coat
Gotta use that glorious mane for something.

Agreed that Draco Meteor should be distributed to anything that becomes a dragon, not just Sceptile. As for Sheer Force...I think the point was that Lightningrod felt like an unjustified ability, so Sheer Force seems a little more justified if only by contrast. I'd consider "Sniper," as I'm pretty sure Mega Sceptile's animation for Leaf Storm, etc. involves him shooting out various bits of his tail like a canon, or possibly Mega Launcher.
I agree that Lightning Rod on Mega Sceptile is... bizarre... but yeah, Sheer Force seems bizarre/not very usable, too. I'd rather see something like Competitive, Multiscale (Lizard-Dragon! Even if it's actually a plant...), or Shield Dust. (It's odd that its plant bits apparently don't do anything)

I don't care where you put them, Zygarde totally got shafted with his 600 BST compared to the 680 of the other legendaries in his Gen. "The big three" in any given generation usually have roughly the same BST, so I think this would be fair -- you could even go for +100 if you wanted to mirror Kyurem vs Reshiram/Zekrom.
Kyurem also has a reduced BST, and then got two alternate Formes that are more powerful and have access to signature moves -their own and one of Reshiram or Zekrom's. Its own alternate Formes have crap signature moves, but Kyurem-White is still a nice Pokemon. Zygarde will almost certainly get a pair of Formes, one with Thousand Arrows, the other with Thousand Waves, both of which are amazing moves.

Honestly, just releasing those moves (If this Pet Mod doesn't already do that) would make Zygarde scary.

It has the most obnoxious, ear-piercing cry sound in the game and an ability that's begging for a strong Normal type Special move. Aurorus is shit, at least give it this one thing.
I find its cry aesthetically pleasing, and now it has Hyper Voice, and it's always had Hyper Beam. I don't really agree.

For a dancing Pokemon (in P-form), it doesn't have many dancing moves. You may that some of these violate flavor (Dragon Dance), but Pokemon like Whishcash and Lilligant can use the moves regardless, and it makes sense that a master dancer would be able to emulate the cultural styles of dragons and moths. I actually think Boomburst doesn't make sense here, because Meloetta's singing seems to be more about subtle manipulation than powerful sound-generation like Exploud.
I agree on Boomburst being bizarre ("I can sing, ergo I can make the world explode"), but Quiver Dance is literally Butterfly Dance in Japanese, so that seems pretty questionable to me, especially since it would be most useful to the non-dancing Forme. Same basic issue with Petal Dance -the singing Forme dances better than the dancing Forme? But Dragon Dance and Swords Dance... fair enough.

Though I will note Whishcash is derived in part from Asian ideas of dragons. Seriously. (I will readily admit I don't know why Lilligant can dance like a butterfly. Maybe because it has six feet?)

Self explanatory.
They're not genies, they're Kami aka gods. (Minor, in their case) And Prankster Healing Wish sounds horrifying. Even if they were genies, genies grant wishes, they don't make wishes.

Psychic type with Contrary? Should we give it...Superpower??? Also its a very devious, trickster like Pokemon, so Sucker Punch makes sense (and would make it less terrible).
It's been done (Psycho Boost in STABmons), and it doesn't actually help that much. Malamar's Special movepool is even worse than its Physical movepool, even aside from the flavor-fail. Sucker Punch actually is A: plausible (It's literally just waiting until the enemy is in your face to attack) and B: ties in nicely with Superpower boosts/Malamar's bad Speed tier.

Well. It would let Mega Ampharos kind of wall... I don't hate this, since Mold Breaker isn't very useful to Mega Ampharos, and it's vaguely based on the aesthetic.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
  • Mega Slowbro's ability is now Regenerator.
This is a very weird change at this point. Most of us who though Mega Slowbro had a terrible ability have been proven wrong. Giving it Regenerator instead of Shell Armor not only is very questionable flavor-wise, but also competitively. As the best (arguably second best) Calm Minder in the game, giving it an ability to heal a little when it switches out (losing the Calm Mind boosts) isn't exactly the best option here. Making it immune to critical hits, which ignore stat boosts, is probably better, although we'd need viability tests to be sure. It already has a very reliable form of recovery that is Slack Off, and Rest if you're feeling lucky, so 33% (or 20% with Stealth Rock) recovery isn't that relevant. Flavor-wise, most of Mega Slowbro's body is covered in something that can't regenerate at all, a hard shell. I assume you already know this, but Slowbro's ability to regenerate comes from it being based on a salamander, and if you gave a salamander armor, it wouldn't use it's regeneration powers at all. If you feel the need to change Mega Slowbro, why not give it Simple? It fits with it's other abilities and flavor of simple-mindedness very well (see Numel). Not only that, but Mega Slowbro gets better on it's role as a Calm Minder.
  • Mega Steelix's ability is now Sand Stream.
This is a change that completely doesn't make sense flavor-wise, and probably isn't very good competitively either. The Onix and Steelix line are based on underground snakes that get compressed and hardened over time. Mega Steelix's steel body even crystallized due to the power of Mega Evolution. It's speculated that Mega Steelix has created it's own gravitational field due to the steel pieces surrounding him. Now, why would it randomly start spewing out sand? The line's compression theme wasn't changed during Mega Evolution, it was actually solidified (no pun intended). If the gravity speculation is true, or better yet, based on Steelix's floating steel pieces, it wouldn't push sand away from it's body. Last but not least, I presume it gets Sand Force specifically because it pulls more sand to it's body, strengthening itself. Now we get to the competitive part of the aspect. By losing Sand Force, Steelix doesn't gain much from sandstorm at all. It isn't a Rock type to get a Sp Def boost. It does have immunity to Sandstorm's 1/16th of damage though. If the other Pokemon doesn't, it could try stall, but it would have to run Protect or get reliable recovery. I have no idea on how to fix this poor thing. I thought of Steel/Fairy due to Carbink and Diancie crystals, but removing ground would be very weird...
  • Mega Altaria's ability is changed to Fur Coat.
Not exactly "fur", but seeing as Cotton Guard raises Defense, and it's good competitively, I can agree to it.
  • Mega Metagross' ability is changed to Download.
Very weird choice here. Metagross is naturally formed, and only human-made Pokemon get Download.
  • Victini's ability is now Pixilate.
Eh... Can you justify this one? I'm confused. :(
And I suppose I'll advertise my ideas from posts #154 and #180.

Regenerator could actually fit Mega Steelix quite well. Snakes are able to regenerate their lost tail, and Mega Steelix could potentially attract rocks or something to its body to heal. Needless to say, the competitive implications of this one are huge, as they would turn an horrible Mega Evolution to a pretty great one. Incidentally, Regenerator is even more flavourful on Mega Sceptile, but its competitive implications look dubious to me.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Regenerator Megabro actually works better with cm sets, since now they can actually switch in to wall certain mons after mega evolving and then switch out again without losing health required for you to set up. Its not an upgrade from Shell Armor, but its not like its bad.

Why does it need physical STAB, exactly? I believe the point was to make Mega Altaria more defensively-inclined, which is a change I can agree with since regular Altaria is that way too.
It doesn't, haha.

Draco Meteor, from its introduction, has only been available to Dragon-types (excluding non-Draco Plate Arceus and event Jirachi). Sceptile, in its base form, is not a Dragon, so it cannot learn it. There are no exceptions to this rule, not even Mew.
I'm giving it to Mega Ampharos, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Sceptile, and this is justified because it makes sense and could be feasible.

What does stance have to do with anything? The name comes from the fact that those who have it attack with all they have, disregarding the ability their moves might have to inflict other effects. Sceptile is nothing like that.
I think it makes sense simply with the stance of it. Look at the comparison of Mega Sceptile and Nidoking, and Feraligatr, and Tauros:

They look menacing, and the way Mega Sceptile attacks in battle leads me to believe it has sheer force with its moves. Does anyone else feel that Sheer Force doesn't make flavor-wise sense? I personally think it does, but I'd like to hear others' opinions. After reading other reasons, from Talpr0ne, I'm more inclined to not give it Sheer Force. It's for mainly physical attackers, but a special attacker can be forceful as well. Don't know. On the fence.

I'm not opposed to Sceptile getting Draco Meteor; if we're looking about how it would make sense in-game it can be easily justified by being aviable only if you bring a Sceptile with Sceptilite to the Draco Meteor tutor. However, Charizard and Ampharos must also get it, or else it is just baseless favoritism.
Agree that it shouldn't get Sheer Force, since all of the users of the ability have heavy physical structure, a trait that isn't present in Sceptile. Having a stance barely similar to that of one user of the ability isn't a valid reason to give the ability to Mega Sceptile. Lightningrod is already a flavourful and quite useful ability, but if you still want to change it, perhaps Competitive is a better choice from a flavour standpoint.
Responded above^

I'm also not sure about Knock Off Lopunny and Fur Coat Mega Altaria. Those two are already pretty good Pokémon to begin with and I fear these changes might break them. Lopunny in particular is now able to hit the bulky Psychics that trouble it and in general to wear down more quickly its counters, while Altaria can be more manageable but it doesn't look very fun to play against. Also don't give her Play Rough no matter what, an usable Dragon Dance set with Fur Coat easily sounds broken. Also those are feathers, not fur.
Knock Off Lopunny is because nearly every other Fighting-type gets it, and for some reason it doesn't. It would work nice on Klutz sets maybe? Don't know, but it's mainly because other Fighting-types as well.

Now, Fur Coat Mega Altaria. I just think it makes more sense than Pixilate, so I'm very open to hearing suggestions here because it is an insanely powerful threat. Again, I thought stall might need a buff with the hyperoffensive nature of this metagame. Don't know.

Since you have also buffed the speed stats of Pidgeot and Beedrill, you must adjust the BST of their Mega Evolution with 20 extra points each. Put them where you want, and while you are at it, why not giving to Mega Alakazam those 10 missing points?
Will do. How is everyone with 83 / 80 / 90 / 135 / 90 / 151 Mega Pidgeot, 65 / 155 / 50 / 15 / 85 / 165 Mega Beedrill, 55 / 50 / 65 / 175 / 100 / 150 Mega Alakazam?

Castform's HP in its alterate forms also must be the same of its regular form, as HP can't change mid-battle.
Nice catch! :]

A final suggestion, I'll also make some moves tutor moves, just to expand a bit more their distribution and eventually fix some illegality issues. Examples would be Moonblast, Play Rough, Sticky Web, Freeze-Dry, Recover, Aura Sphere, Rapid Spin, Soft-Boiled(tutor in FR-LG/E), Double-Edge(tutor in FR-LG/E), Sucker Punch(tutor in Pt/HG-SS), Defog(HM in DPPt), Seismic Toss(tutor in FR-LG/E), Body Slam(tutor in FR-LG/E), Curse(TM in GSC).
Not sure about the first part. They're just powerful moves and I don't see the flavor behind making them distributed. How is that "justified"?

Some suggested changes:

Like. Zygarde's new stat spread is: 128 / 140 / 131 / 81 / 115 / 85. How does that sounds to everyone?

Not really feeling this one. It's still bad, and it already has Hyper Voice. Passing.

I do like Meloetta getting all dancing moves.

Self explanatory.
Passing because of GK's explanations.

Rotom-W: +Scald
Self explanatory...and fucking annoying.
This has been rejected.

A bit more flavor here, not convinced.

Passing, the "coat" isn't the entire main center focus of the Pokemon.

This is a very weird change at this point. Most of us who though Mega Slowbro had a terrible ability have been proven wrong. Giving it Regenerator instead of Shell Armor not only is very questionable flavor-wise, but also competitively. As the best (arguably second best) Calm Minder in the game, giving it an ability to heal a little when it switches out (losing the Calm Mind boosts) isn't exactly the best option here. Making it immune to critical hits, which ignore stat boosts, is probably better, although we'd need viability tests to be sure. It already has a very reliable form of recovery that is Slack Off, and Rest if you're feeling lucky, so 33% (or 20% with Stealth Rock) recovery isn't that relevant. Flavor-wise, most of Mega Slowbro's body is covered in something that can't regenerate at all, a hard shell. I assume you already know this, but Slowbro's ability to regenerate comes from it being based on a salamander, and if you gave a salamander armor, it wouldn't use it's regeneration powers at all. If you feel the need to change Mega Slowbro, why not give it Simple? It fits with it's other abilities and flavor of simple-mindedness very well (see Numel). Not only that, but Mega Slowbro gets better on it's role as a Calm Minder.
Like the flavor behind Simple more, but it may end up being too strong. I'll let the community decide.

This is a change that completely doesn't make sense flavor-wise, and probably isn't very good competitively either. The Onix and Steelix line are based on underground snakes that get compressed and hardened over time. Mega Steelix's steel body even crystallized due to the power of Mega Evolution. It's speculated that Mega Steelix has created it's own gravitational field due to the steel pieces surrounding him. Now, why would it randomly start spewing out sand? The line's compression theme wasn't changed during Mega Evolution, it was actually solidified (no pun intended). If the gravity speculation is true, or better yet, based on Steelix's floating steel pieces, it wouldn't push sand away from it's body. Last but not least, I presume it gets Sand Force specifically because it pulls more sand to it's body, strengthening itself. Now we get to the competitive part of the aspect. By losing Sand Force, Steelix doesn't gain much from sandstorm at all. It isn't a Rock type to get a Sp Def boost. It does have immunity to Sandstorm's 1/16th of damage though. If the other Pokemon doesn't, it could try stall, but it would have to run Protect or get reliable recovery. I have no idea on how to fix this poor thing. I thought of Steel/Fairy due to Carbink and Diancie crystals, but removing ground would be very weird...
Solid response! How do you feel about Regenerator? I like that as well.

Very weird choice here. Metagross is naturally formed, and only human-made Pokemon get Download.
Mega Metagross and Metagross are based on robots that are smarter than supercomputers, it's in its entries, so I think being smarter than a supercomputer makes it eligible to receive Download >-<.

Eh... Can you justify this one? I'm confused. :(
And I suppose I'll advertise my ideas from posts #154 and #180.
It's a pixie :D.

Thanks for all the responses guys!

tl;dr:
  • Sheer Force Mega Sceptile: yay or nay?
  • Draco Meteor for all Dragon-type Mega Evos.
  • Knock Off Mega Lopunny: yes / no?
  • Fur Coat Mega Altaria: too strong? yes / no?
  • New stat spreads: Zygarde, Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Alakazam. Yes / no?

Regenerator could actually fit Mega Steelix quite well. Snakes are able to regenerate their lost tail, and Mega Steelix could potentially attract rocks or something to its body to heal. Needless to say, the competitive implications of this one are huge, as they would turn an horrible Mega Evolution to a pretty great one. Incidentally, Regenerator is even more flavourful on Mega Sceptile, but its competitive implications look dubious to me.
Hate to be that guy, but snakes don't regenerate their tails, lizards do (and even then, it's only a few species). Give it magnet pull. What else holds up all those shards of metal?

I agree that Lightning Rod on Mega Sceptile is... bizarre... but yeah, Sheer Force seems bizarre/not very usable, too. I'd rather see something like Competitive, Multiscale (Lizard-Dragon! Even if it's actually a plant...), or Shield Dust. (It's odd that its plant bits apparently don't do anything)
Yeah, I never believed those emergency safety videos when they said to stay away from trees during a storm so you don't get electrocuted when they're hit by lightning either.

I think it makes sense simply with the stance of it. Look at the comparison of Mega Sceptile and Nidoking, and Feraligatr, and Tauros:

They look menacing, and the way Mega Sceptile attacks in battle leads me to believe it has sheer force with its moves. Does anyone else feel that Sheer Force doesn't make flavor-wise sense? I personally think it does, but I'd like to hear others' opinions.
You could say the same thing about a lot of Pokemon. Instead, let's look at their PokeDex entries, a more objective source of info:
Nidoking's Crystal entry said:
It uses its thick arms, legs and tail to attack forcefully. Melee combat is its specialty.
Feraligatr's Gold entry said:
When it bites with its massive and powerful jaws, it shakes its head and savagely tears its victim up.
Tauros' Gens IV & V entry said:
Once it takes aim at its foe, it makes a headlong charge. It is famous for its violent nature.
Notice how violent they are. Now, here's what it has to say about Sceptile:
Sceptile's Ruby entry said:
The leaves growing on Sceptile's body are very sharp edged. This Pokémon is very agile - it leaps all over the branches of trees and jumps on its foe from above or behind.
Its battle style is completely different.

Will do. How is everyone with 83 / 80 / 90 / 135 / 90 / 151 Mega Pidgeot, 65 / 155 / 50 / 15 / 85 / 165 Mega Beedrill, 55 / 50 / 65 / 175 / 100 / 150 Mega Alakazam?
I think 151's a little too fast for Pidgeot. Maybe make it 131 and add another 10 to its defenses. I don't think Beedrill should be as fast as Ninjask, either, and it would make sense to give it its 30 Sp. Attack back. Also, you accidentally added only 5 points to MegaZam's Sp. Defense.

Like. Zygarde's new stat spread is: 128 / 140 / 131 / 81 / 115 / 85. How does that sounds to everyone?
I think you should keep Zygarde's original spread's intentions intact. Meaning, not lowering Speed and keeping its defenses higher than its offenses. I'm thinking along the lines of 128 / 120 / 141 / 81 / 115 / 95.

Nitpicking here. You forgot Smeargle. Through Sketch.

On topic: Add Hidden Power Fairy because GameFreak was too lazy to do it themselves. Also, Gale Wings Staraptor could be fun.

Passing, the "coat" isn't the entire main center focus of the Pokemon.

Tell me what the difference between Mampharos and the basic form other than its fur coat. Makes more sense than Mold Breaker.

Don't say "it has more orbs"

A bit more flavor here, not convinced.
I think it makes about as much sense as Bolt Strike Thundurus and Ice Punch Kyurem -- STAB moves that improve a Pokemon and don't not make sense from a flavor perspective. Psycho Boost is more of a pipe dream, in that giving Malamar Superpower and not Psycho Boost is like getting Contrary Serperior, but it only learns Overheat and not Leaf Storm. Sucker Punch fits with Malamar's description, in that it's all about tricking people with devious means, which is basically the point of Sucker Punch.
Not really feeling this one. It's still bad, and it already has Hyper Voice. Passing.
You gave Pyroar Boomburst when it has Hyper Voice and it's still bad.

Seconding the addition of HP Fairy.

I think what he means by "not the center focus" is that if I were to jab Mega Ampharos in its solar plexus (assuming it has one), I would not have to go through its mane like I would with Furfrou's fur.

Thirding addition of HP Fairy. It would be cool to see another combination for HP Dark as well.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Not sure if this is still open to changes, but I'd like to suggest new abilities for the Gen 4 fossil Pokémon.

Rock Head for Rampardos:
This should be really obvious, literally being the trademark feature of this Pokémon. The entire concept of Rampardos has it happily smashing its armored head into other things, and it even received a brand new signature move in Head smash, seemingly just to complement this ability. Yet, for some reason, Game Freak decided to give our Head Butt Pokémon the Mold Breaker ability instead, which seems completely random flavor-wise…
Since charging into its foes head-on such a huge part of Rampardos, having some other recoil moves such as Wild Charge and Flare Blitz would be kind of expected, but not really necessary.

Bulletproof for Bastiodon:
Bastiodon is meant to be the counterpart to Rampardos in the sense that it acts as an impenetrable wall, and Game Freak emphasizes this by giving it the steel typing and sky high defenses. Sadly, it can’t really claim this title in the competitive scene, where it is easily dispatched by common 4x super effective moves such as Earthquake and Focus Blast. Bullet Proof would protect Bastiodon from at least Focus Blast, which enjoys wide distribution and is usually the go-to move for special attacker to break through steel types, as well as the occasional Aura Sphere. Suddenly, Bastiodon could completely wall threats such as Gengar and Mega Gardevoir among others. It still won’t be very good, but at least Bulletproof allows it to fulfill its concept better, and makes a lot more sense flavor-wise than Soundproof (Bastiodon being the Shield Pokémon).
I'm tempted to suggest Super Fang as well, seeing those prominent tusks and Bastiodon's inability to actually do anything in battle, but i guess that's just part of its passive nature...

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Suggesting to Change Victini's Typing from Fire/Psychic --> Fire/Fairy, because as Unfixable said, it's a pixie
Speaking of Pixie Legendaries, why not also add fairy type to these Pixie legendaries

Jirachi| Steel/Psychic --> Steel/Fairy Not only is it as pixie looking as victini, it also learns play rough to boot.
Celebi|Grass/Psychic --> Grass/Fairy or Grass/Dark It's a pixie that learns Nasty Plot, but I'm not really behind this one
Manaphy| Water --> Water/Fairy, +Moonblast It gives Manaphy a really good niche as one of the few water/fairy types out there.

Better yet change all pixie typings from psychic to fairy and for pixies that doesn't have psychic type just add fairy typing to them give then pixilate and give them moonblast and play rough and hyper voice if they don't get it i'm saying this because they have pixie in their name and it makes sense oh forgot about mew don't change it to pure fairy but make it psychic/fairy

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Better yet change all pixie typings from psychic to fairy and for pixies that doesn't have psychic type just add fairy typing to them give then pixilate and give them moonblast and play rough and hyper voice if they don't get it i'm saying this because they have pixie in their name and it makes sense oh forgot about mew don't change it to pure fairy but make it psychic/fairy
....What.

Aromatisse: +Psychic-type, +18 Def
It already learns a lot of Psychic-type moves and has a mysterious look, so why not making it Fairy/Psychic? And making it bulkier would let it rise up through tiers. Also, it would reach its counterpart's BST, Slurpuff.

Slurpuff: +Fighting-type, +Superpower, +Power-up Punch, +Brick Break
Just to keep it Aromatisse's counterpart, as Fighting is the opposite of Psychic, and make it more competitively viable.

Toxicroak: +20 Atk, +15 Spe
I really want to see it in OU again as it's a very good looking pokemon and has a niche in being immune to Scald and exceptionally viable in Rain teams (especially now that you implemented pre-Gen6(-ish) mechanics).

Flygon: +40 SpA, -20 Atk (nullify past changes, except for the ability)
I this that making it a special sweeper would increase its viability, not being outclassed by Garchomp anymore. Also, it hasn't very big arms, but is the Magic Pokemon, so it should be special.

And, if you're to edit mechanics, make Ice-type resistant to Water and Scald super effective against Ice-type. And make Hail boost Ice-type's Def by 50%.

Claydol: +40 HP, -20 Spe, Dry Skin>Levitate
You know, clay endures to heat and melts to water, so Dry Skin would fit on a clay doll. That HP boost would increase its bulkiness to make it more viable, and the Speed drop is because 75 base Speed on a slow looking pokemon doesn't make sense

I think i'll add more to this post by editing it.

Last edited:

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
Um, how have we not given Ampharos Tail Glow? It's the LIGHTHOUSE Pokemon, and on a lesser extent, Dazzling GLEAM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)