• Wish it was DPP Remakes

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Hate it

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • It ok I guess

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

Introduction

Hey guys. I wanted to keep up the RMTs but I hadn't built a team I felt worthy to be put up here. So I'm going to be showing a team I have been using while laddering and during some circuit tournament games. When I started building this team, I knew I wanted to use, in my opinion, the best Pokemon in the meta right now, and that is Magearna.

The Team

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear

Magearna has been growing on me as one of my favorite mons to use in SM OU. This powerhouse can sweep almost every single team it faces. It's nothing crazy. Bolt beam hits a great amount of the meta for super effective damage, and All Out Pummeling gets rid of steel types like Heatran and Ferrothorn from stopping Magearna's shift gear shenanigans. Running Modest over Timid is also an option for extra damage, but it makes Magearna not outspeed some scarfers at +2, like scarf Lando.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Sludge Wave

To pair with Magearna, I put CB Zygarde on our team. Zygarde can clear the annoying Steel and Fire types that stop Magearna from sweeping. Thousand Arrows is what you are going to be clicking with this mon 90% of the time, since it isn't blocked by Flying types and levitaters and does great damage as few types are resistent to ground. Outrage is nice dragon stab to potenially hit things like AV Tangrowth that usually switch into Zygarde and 2hko it. Extreme Speed is great priority to take out mons like Ash Greninja and Volcarona once they are weakened. Finally, I have Sludge Wave on Zygarde to catch Tapu Bulus on the switch in and do massive damage.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Now to finish off the more offensive part of my team, I needed a scarfer over base 100 to outspeed +1 Volc. Thats where scarf Keldeo comes in. 44 Attack with a naive nature not only allows Keldeo to OHKO Volcarona but also Mega Charizard Y 75% of the time. Hydro Pump is Keldeo's main stab and does great damage even without a boosting item. Scald is a water stab that 1. Doesn't have a chance to miss and 2. Can get crucial burns off. Secret Sword is solid fighting stab to finish off any steel or dark types.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Psychic / Ice Beam

Mew is probably one of the best walls in the meta atm because of its ability to check things like Mega Medicham, Zygarde, Mega Mawile and Lando-T, and burn them rendering them practically useless. Mew's 56 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Adamant Tapu Bulu and Mega Heracross. Soft Boiled lets Mew last longer in battle, WoW to burn all of the physical attackers, or just mons like AV Tangrowth by putting constant chip damage on them. Defog is great to have on every team, and Mew is one of the most reliable defoggers in OU. Psychic is nice to be able to hit anything for solid stab damage, but Ice Beam is also great for hitting Zygarde and Landorus.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Looking at the team, I needed a check to Ash Greninja. Tangrowth is that check. Tangrowth plays a great part on many teams for its natural physical bulk paired with an assault vest. Giga Drain is main stab for Tangrowth and gives it HP when sitting in for a long period of turns. HP Fire is great for surprise hits on Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn, bringing them down and forcing a switch out. EQ is for Heatran and Magearna, and Knock Off is just great for hitting other Tangrowth's and knocking off their items.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

To finish off the team, I wanted something to take on Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, because those two destroyed this team up until then. 52 speed gives Skarmory enough speed to outspeed no speed Mega Heracross and Tapu Bulu. Stealth Rock is essential on every team in competitive play, and Skarmory was the best to use that role. Whirlwind is nice for phasing and roost gives skarm the ability to last throughout the battle.

Threats

This team doesn't have a great switch in to Specs Tapu Lele as Tangrowth still takes around 70% from a Modest Specs Psychic, and Magearna gets 2hkod. Scarf Lele is not a big issue because Magearna can take its hits well and Keldeo can outspeed and hit it with a powerful Hydro Pump.

An offensive Gengar, whether its specs or LO, can really do a large number to this team. Zygarde and Magearna are decent switch ins to ScarfGar, so it more depends on the set, just like Tapu Lele.

Importable
Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Sludge Wave

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Psychic

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Conclusion
Overall I think that this team is really great and I hope you guys have great success and fun using it. I will probably be posting another RMT in this last week of June, but then I will be gone from Smogon for two weeks on a trip. Once I get back RMTs will definetly keep coming. Well, thanks for reading and see you guys later!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)