Iron Chef Season 3: Underused | EPISODE 9, PHASE 3 (post #252)

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I'm sorry I can't be more detailed but this is my impression:

Most original:

1) Lord Esche for some extremely rare but still logical sets.

2) Rabzzz for using Trick Room

Best use of ingredient:

I think everyone did a good job of this, nothing seemed thrown on for the sake of having an immunity.

Most effective:

1) Bla Bla Fat it has something for everything and plenty of power and sweeping potential

2) Supervegeta, I like how Sylveon supports everything to increase their longevity and complete their varied roles

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Creativity:
Lord Esche, my man brought a very creative team, i liked that moltres + gastro core, and the dhelmise is always dogshit!
Rabzzz: your team was really creative, full trick room is a difficult playstyle to build around, i appreciate that :D

Essence:
As Pif said above, all partecipants used the secret ingredient well in my opinion.

Effectiveness
Supervegeta20: solid team with sylveon as glue to support mates, it has also interesting meta trends like Toad, i appreciate it, gj
bla bla fat: his team is solid with strong offensive options gj

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
3, 2, 1...

TIME'S UP!

Voting is now officially over! Allow me to announce to you our winners for today's episode!

Seems like the competition is tight on these four competitors. Who among the four competitors will win the hearts of the highly esteemed Panel of Judges? Stay tuned, when Iron Chef UU returns!

We have also introduced a guest judge in this episode, in which we are going to reveal once all the rates have been made and deliberated amongst the Panel. Therefore, we are going to proceed with the next episode without any further delays. I'm very sure everyone was itching to use the Pokemon they wished to use in the last generation, but can't because of certain circumstances...

Euphonos

For this next episode, this special guest I have today is a Norwegian record producer and DJ whose song is actually the title of our secret ingredient. Please welcome...

ALAN WALKER!
Growing up in the digital era, Alan Walker found an early interest in computers, which later turned into a fascination for programming and graphic design. He initially had no musical background; however, he later taught himself by watching tutorials on YouTube based on music production. Through his breakthrough single, he was ranked 55th on DJ Mag's Top 100 DJs list in 2016.

[source]

Alan Walker's single that brought him to popularity is the secret ingredient for this episode; you may now unveil the mystery domes!

. . . . . . .

FADED!

"Faded" is a song by Norwegian record producer and DJ Alan Walker. Incorporating uncredited vocals provided by Norwegian recording artist Iselin Solheim, the release of the single was originally set to be on 25 November 2015, but was delayed to 3 December. The song was highly successful, peaking in the top ten in most of the countries it charted in, and reached the summit in more than ten.

The reason why the Chairman chose the theme is because with power creeps lurking through every generation, the Pokemon that were once in top form in the higher tiers got faded into obscurity, hence they have finally made this Underused tier in this generation their home. As such, participants are required to feature at least two Pokemon from the qualified pool of Pokemon shown above: these Pokemon were in their higher tiers (especially Latias in Uber) by the time they were introduced, and they remained OU (or in Terrakion's case, BL) in the last generation. (Here's the list of all UU Pokemon - without alternate formes via Mega Evolution or Alolan alternates - which were assigned in the past generations.)

A potentially frequently-asked question would be: "What about the likes of Blissey, Celebi, and Swampert?" -- The answer to that is, they were actually faded quite early to be qualified as part of the secret ingredient; also, those Pokemon stayed strong while in UU, which isn't really fitting to the title of the secret ingredient.

Participants have until
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19, 9 AM GMT -4
to complete your dishes to be sent to the Chairman and to the fellow judges (pokemon sparrow and eht) via PM.

Allez, cuisine!

Last edited:

Euphonos

3, 2, 1...

TIME'S UP!

Team building phase is officially over; I shall now announce the participants for this episode!
Whose cuisine reigns supreme? Will any of these challengers succeed in taking out the most reputable of Iron Chefs?

Participants have until
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22, 9 AM GMT -4
to challenge any of the available Iron Chefs.

Tagging Iron Chefs CoolStoryBrobat, pokeisfun, Sun, Cynde, and CBU to get themselves ready against these participants.​

Euphonos

Here are the rates from our highly esteemed Panel of Judges for the teams in the last episode!

Apparently, the guest judge weren't around during our deliberations; therefore, he will not be recognized, sadly. Apologies for that.

CREATIVITY: 4 / 5
Your team has rather unorthodox Pokemon such as Curse Gastrodon, Substitute + Toxic Moltres with a rather complicated EV spread, and a Pokemon Hikari despised the most for being dogshit above all: Dhelmise. Adding Taunt and Fire Punch on Mega Aggron, and putting Refresh on Latias is a rather refreshing take, too (no pun intended), which is definitely an icing on the cake for this criterion.

ESSENCE: 3 / 5
This team is definitely geared towards balance, which is nice; although it somehow didn't stood out as we have anticipated.

EFFECTIVENESS: 5.5 / 10
While you put some of the unorthodox options to use, there is one disturbing flaw worth addressing in the team you have, which is the lack of offensive pressure to deal with Pokemon such as Empoleon and Umbreon. The passivity the team provides is a sign that a lot of offensive Pokemon would exert a lot of pressure to your team (heck, even Substitute + Calm Mind Chandelure would be in for a treat, too). Valiant effort on building this team, though.

TOTAL: 12.5 / 20

CREATIVITY: 2.5 / 5
While the team construction in itself is hands-down a team a starter would just slap and call it a team, what stood out in this team is Snorlax, which is not exactly a common Pokemon to see in this metagame, and how you put Whirlwind in there. Another stand-out to this criterion is the uncommon use of support Altaria using Special Attacks in the form of Fire Blast and Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice.

ESSENCE: 3.5 / 5
This team is definitely geared towards balance, which is nice; what stood out in this team among other teams here is that you cover almost all of the immunities you have at hand not once, but twice (Ground, Poison, Dragon upon Altaria's Mega Evolution, being the most notable), which could also be reflective to your Effectiveness criterion since predictions would not be a pain on your part.

EFFECTIVENESS: 7.5 / 10
For a balanced team to flourish, it needs to have a set-up attacker that could conquer even Stall archetypes; from that structure itself, you have Snorlax and Gliscor that are potent stall breakers in the metagame, which is definitely a great thing to have. You managed to have countermeasures against Offensive archetypes as well from the likes of Klefki, Empoleon, and Hydreigon, which is enough to warrant a fairly high score in this criterion. This is a team well built; good job.

TOTAL: 13.5 / 20

CREATIVITY: 2 / 5
This team is definitely one of the standard builds we have ever witnessed. Except for Seismitoad, that is.

ESSENCE: 3 / 5
This team is definitely geared towards balance, which is nice; although it somehow didn't stood out as we have anticipated.

EFFECTIVENESS: 7 / 10
This is one of the better teams you made so far; however, this team really struggles to beat Stall archetypes because it lacks a potent Stall breaker (Scizor isn't exactly a Stall Breaker despite being the sole set-up attacker for the team). However, you made amazing effort that you brought more solid teams the more you participate Iron Chef; keep up the good work!

TOTAL: 12 / 20

CREATIVITY: 4 / 5
Dedicated Trick Room is actually a rare sight to behold nowadays for its difficulty in its execution, but that theme in itself translates to a fairly high score in this criterion.

ESSENCE: 4 / 5
We're actually surprised no person voted for the most essential team - this is actually the closest to being one because you used the given immunities to your advantage and set up Trick Room unscathed.

EFFECTIVENESS: 5 / 10
While this team excels in Creativity and Essence, its Effectiveness leaves a lot to be desired. Apparently, you lacked a Water-type; Crawdaunt comes into mind as one of those that works best under these conditions, and it even has a threatening Priority move to boot. You could have also considered Pokemon such as Cresselia and Diancie as Trick Room users as well (actually, for a dedicated Trick Room team to work, it needs at least three; your current composition isn't enough to pull off successfully). Nonetheless, a valiant effort on building this team.

TOTAL: 13 / 20

Last edited:

Euphonos

The winner of the previous episode, with a cumulative weighted average of 62.43%, goes to...

Chef bla bla fat!

Finally, Chef bla bla fat has redeemed itself, now that he is the overall winner for the previous episode. While the initial standings imply a rather tight competition, the participant has won the hearts of the highly esteemed Panel of Judges, granting him the win. Congratulations, your team will be posted in the Hall of Fame!

Now that the fifth episode is underway, I wonder if our contestants didn't fade themselves to obscurity in the Kitchen Coliseum...

Euphonos

3, 2, 1...

TIME'S UP!

Challenge phase is now over; allow me to introduce to you the teams presented by our participants!

Lord Esche said:

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Leaf Storm

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 16 Atk / 16 SpD / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Defog

Zoroark @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spw
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 204 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Grass

When i had a look at the permitted array of Pokémon, I decided to go out of my comfort zone and utilize some of the fewer used options. Volcanion stood out to me the most, recently having witnessed some Doubles OU games from the Snake Draft Tournament where Volcanion seemed to polarize the metagame, which inspired me to give it a try in UU. In Singles, Volcanion is commonly equipped with a Choice Specs but I knew I wanted to use something different. I remembered Kushalos using a slighty bulky Toxic + Protect set in the early stages of SM UU, and the recovery of Leftovers appealed to me. The commonness of Rotom-W inspired me to look for a partner that could dissuade opponents from easily generating momentum with a slow Volt Switch versus Volcanion, and it didn't take long for me to decide on Mega Sceptile. Coincidentally, Mega Sceptile is shaping up to become a more effective pick in the tier with Weavile (and now Mega Gardevoir) leaving, which made it even more attractive as a choice for me. Instead of the Toxic + Protect set on Volcanion, however, I decided on a Subsitute set with Fire Blast, Steam Eruption and Sludge Wave. Subsitute would encourage most opponents to click Volt Switch still, even with Mega Sceptile in the back, opening up the opportunity to grab a free special attack boost, which makes Sceptile all the more potent of an attacker. Additionally, Volcanion checks various Steel types, most notably Scizor, and Fairy types for Mega Sceptile. Moving on, I immediately recnoginzed the susceptibility of the core to hazards of all types, which made me pick Empoleon as the next member of the team. Despite Volcanion's resistance to Fairy, it can not serve as a reliable switch-in to Mega Altaria and Mega Gardevoir, which is where Empoleon helps out. Flash Cannon is needed to beat mono-attacking Mega Altaria 1v1, whereas Roar helps with the likes of Latias and Mega Sharpedo. So far, the team had a pretty glaring weakness to Fighting type attacks and no reliable Ground resistance, as well as missing Stealth Rock. Gliscor fit the team's needs nicely, showering the opponent with toxic poison and sharp rocks to weaken their team. I chose its speed tier to assist with revenge killing Nidoking and Lucario. Although Gliscor was one of the Pokémon recommended by the chairman, I found myself to resort to its utility way too often to consider it a creative pick. Therefore, I decided to make use of another of the provided ingredients: Terrakion. Its power and, more importantly, its speed (increased by the Choice Scarf) appealed to me, offering to be a reliable revenge killer for the likes of Mega Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Hydreigon and Choice Scarf Krookodile, Togekiss and various speed boosting set up sweepers. It was at this point however that I became aware of the difficulty of a stall match-up. Instead of restructuring the team, Hidden Power Grass in combination with a Naive nature and minimal special attack investment was chosen to 2HKO Quagsire after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. Lastly, I knew the team would appreciate a sweeper of some sort to offer a dedicated win condition, which can be helpful when formulating a game plan. After some consideration, I grew fond off the idea to utilize Zoroark. Gliscor, Terrakion and even Mega Sceptile are all capable of using Swords Dance, which makes for more options to disguise Zoroark as, and furthers the difficulty of identifying Zoroak for the opponent. Fightinium Z Low Kick may surprise an unsuspecting Steel type like Mega Aggron when disguised as Sceptile, and offers good coverage for Dark types like Hydreigon and Sharpedo (OHKOes through Protect at +2). Thank you for your attention, I very much enjoyed writing this and I hope you did so too reading it. Cheers!
SuperVegeta20 said:

Bruce "Lil" Wayne (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 76 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Zoro's Ark (Zoroark) (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Nosferxatu (Xatu) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave

Ban (Latias) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 242 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Michael Jordan (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
- Will-O-Wisp

Ooookay, YET ANOTHER SHEDINJA SQUAD EVEN THO I SAID NO MORE SHEDINJA BECAUSE I AM NOT CREATIVE ENOUGH TO THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE. Basically the whole thing here is pretty self explanatory, Zoroark turns into Shedinja, you have no god damn clue if its the real shedinja or not, and its a 50/50 chance so you either play it safe and switch out or stay in and bet its the zoroark. Xatu thanks to Chef Cynde is making some noise in UU right now and I love Xatu as a mon so I said fuck Espeon for Magic Bounce, Xatu all the way. Obviously just like all Shedinja squads ur gonna wanna keep the floor clean of hazards ESPECIALLY with this whole zoroark thing, if there are hazards down on the ground I basically can't put in Zoroark or Shedinja and I'm pretty much playing with 4 mons. I've got Gliscor for rocks and some utility, Mega-Latias is a good fast, bulky defogger that can put the hurt when it needs to. One thing about this team is its either kill or be killed when it comes to Ghost types/Ghost type moves. Because as you can see my whole team gets BOPPED by Ghost except for Zoroark but Zoroark is made of paper so its not like thats gonna help that much, I do have things that are capable of killing Ghosts if needed of course.
explodingdaisies said:

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 88 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Entei @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Natural Gift
- Stone Edge

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave

This is a classic volt turn team of m-mane+gliscor with a bit of a twist. Natural Gift Grass Entei nails nearly all the volt switch checks that have been creeping up lately: Seismitoad, gastrodon, swampert and also quagsire on stall I normally dislike running defog with spikes but with Entei being rocks weak and the switching I will be doing, it's nice to have rocks off the field. I went with a double lure latias set of tbolt and hp fire. It helps nail steel types like scizor and water types such as empoleon, primarina and mantine, which are the most common switchins to latias. This helps open things up for crawdaunt. Once those bulky waters are out of the way, I'm free to spam crabhammer. Klefki gives me spikes support as well as speed control with twave and toxic to help soften up mons for crawdaunt
. . . . . . .

Replays are linked in this spreadsheet under the tab: "Battle Records".

The UU Community (including Iron Chefs!) may now vote for two of the most favorite teams in terms of the three criteria: Creativity, Essence, and Effectiveness. They can also vote for one team in different categories. Here's an example of how a vote goes:

CREATIVITY: Euphonos, eht
ESSENCE: pokemon sparrow, eht
EFFECTIVENESS: Euphonos, pokemon sparrow
The big change here unlike the previous episodes is that the Chairman becomes a little lenient by not requiring everyone to put the reasons behind their vote! While the Chairman is hoping for a better voter turnout in this episode and in the succeeding episodes, should the UU community wants to put reasons behind their vote, those are very welcome.

. . . . . . .

The UU community has until
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 9 AM GMT -4
to cast a vote on this thread who are
the most original,
the most essential,

and
the best-tasting
dishes ever witnessed this round!

Allez, cuisine!

Creativity: SuperVegeta20, ExplodingDaisies (Liechi berry entei + double lure latias are very cool)

Essence: Lord Esche: You put both faded pokemon in offensive positions and made both mons have an important role in the team.

Effectiveness: Exploding Daisies: The team is well rounded with anti meta lures and a strong volt turn core, gj. Lord Esche: Despite the weakness to altaria, this team looks plenty effective while still implementing some uncommon mons and sets, gj.

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
creativity: daisies, pretty much for the same reasons that bla bla fat mentioned. specifically latias from me.

effectiveness: daisies, love the idea of liechi entei works well in practice.

essence: lord esche, he highlighted the themes the best

side note: vivalos, at some point you gotta start branching out from this shed stuff

Last edited:

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
creativity: daisies, pretty much for the same reasons that bla bla fat mentioned. specifically latias from me.

effectiveness: daisies, love the idea of liechi entei and hc maero, works well in practice.

essence: lord esche, he highlighted the themes the best

side note: vivalos, at some point you gotta start branching out from this shed stuff
u already roasted me for this after i played u, on my mama no shed next round :)

With only three teams, I have personally restricted myself to only 1 vote per category. While this may be personal, I don't want to choose 2/3s of the candidates, and have a perceived "you were the worst" voting system in Iron Chef. I feel as if it goes against the spirit of the competition. If the judges would like to cast both of my votes toward a single candidate, or just one vote as per written, they are welcome. As a disclaimer, all kudos to the contestants, competing in itself is an honor and a privilege.

Creativity : The Secret Ingredient is one close to my heart, as being bad for so many generations leaves your heart filled with nostalgia, and your taste buds primed for the soul food. As UU has always been my favorite tier, it is nice to revisit those who once reigned above us, now with us. While I believe all of the contestants were creative in a unique way, this one being the most difficult category to choose, my vote is for explodingdaisies, as the lure sets as a major flavor is exceptionally spicy! I would like to repeat to the contestants that this in particular was close.

Essence: Besides tugging on my heartstrings with my favorite pokemon: Gliscor, I believe that Lord Esche most effectively captured the essence of the secret ingredient, building around these pokemon specifically, instead of incorporating them into tried-and-true cores, or as a unique spin on an unpredictable blind dish. While the secret ingredient shined in all dishes, it is the fulcrum of Lord Esche's Flavor.

Effectiveness: One of the reasons I wasn't upset to see so few contenders this week is because with only three teams, I tested each of these on the ladder. Now, while these chefs compete with flambe and searing, I am the battling equivalent of egg salad. I believe each of these teams do what they do well, and under skilled knife and acute eye, each team could be passable at worst on the ladder. However, only one of these teams rises above the others. Explodingdaises really did their research when building and deserves the vote. But I would like a word in sideways before I end my penned review that no one reads. While I believe Daises earned their point, a different team was my favorite to play. I want to silently congratulate one of the other chefs: with only one pokemon change, I've had a blast with the team you've made. However, I stick to my covenant and only vote for what I believe is the best, even if my palate prefers another.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Creativity: Daisies, he used some interesting lures, i liked both, especially Latias!

Essence: esche, always very interesting builds, he used well this week ingredient!

Effectiveness : I believe diasies's team is really functional, it takes advantage of the surprise effect to handle common pokemons in the metagame with good lures. gj

yeah, as Cynde said, pls no more Shedinja lol

Euphonos

3, 2, 1...

TIME'S UP!

Voting phase is over; allow me to announce the winners for this episode!

Here are the evaluations from our highly esteemed Panel of Judges!

CREATIVITY: 3.5 / 5
Apart from bringing Offensive Substitute Volcanion, which people might overlook as one of the uncommon sights in the UU metagame, you brought Zoroark to life as one of the rare sights to behold in this season. Those, along with a rather unorthodox Hidden Power Grass Terrakion, this warrants a considerably high score in this criterion.

ESSENCE: 4 / 5
Apparently, you have a game plan with Zoroark by capitalizing two out of the three "Faded" Pokemon, along with Mega Sceptile, by virtue of their capabilities of using Swords Dance. That alone, hands down, captures the essence in this criterion. What held back to giving a perfect score in this criterion is that Volcanion was somehow left behind in your game plan with Zoroark; the score's considerably high, nonetheless.

EFFECTIVENESS: 7.5 / 10
Reflective of the Essence criterion, this team is actually one of the contending teams this episode. However, you have given Terrakion Choice Scarf and Gliscor a different set, thus giving rather suboptimal options in dealing with Stall other than Zoroark itself; if either of those Pokemon run Swords Dance alongside Zoroark, you may have a better chance of dealing with Stall (or heck, even Mega Sceptile if you're paranoid of Quagsire). It's a good thing that you acknowledged those shortcomings, but given our suggestions to your team, a fairly high score will be given in this criterion for your valiant effort in building this marvelous team. Good job!

TOTAL: 15 / 20

CREATIVITY: 2.5 / 5
Heed Iron Chef Cynde's and Iron Chef Sun's advice; Shedinja is hurting you more than it benefits you. Good thing you made up for it by using Zoroark and Xatu, both of them being an uncommon sight nowadays.

ESSENCE: 3.5 / 5
The direction of the team is actually there; you used the Faded core by virtue of Starmie and Latias to clear those entry hazards away for Shedinja to shine. However, what holds it back to getting a fairly high score here is the confusion brought by Zoroark.

EFFECTIVENESS: 4.5 / 10
The one thing we have noticed in your team is your massive weakness to Dark attacks - as such, Pokemon such as Alolan Muk could have a field day to your team. Your team doesn't excessively need Psychic-types for that matter; leave Latias in, and replace Starmie with Tentacruel (especially Toxic Spikes can haunt you too). Finally, as said before, Zoroark isn't achieving anything here, but Mega Absol could be one of the better Pokemon to use this episode, and as a Magic Bouncer, you could replace Xatu with another Defogger or hazard controller, or another Pokemon worth using to provide Shedinja more staying power. This is still a valiant effort, not going to lie, but this team isn't good enough to pass our standards.

TOTAL: 10.5 / 20

CREATIVITY: 3 / 5
Let's get it right; your team doesn't have a Pokemon from the lower tiers (which holds you back in getting a considerably high score in this criterion). However, what stood out in this criterion is the unorthodox use of Entei with a Grass-type Natural Gift; Offensive Defog Latias without Roost is also icing on the cake.

ESSENCE: 2.5 / 5
The Pokemon that you used are just there to fulfill their own roles; while they stood out on their own, you failed to elevate their roles by capitalizing their capabilities and translate it into something like a game plan.

EFFECTIVENESS: 6 / 10
The team is actually solid; unfortunately, you lacked a bit of firepower to muscle your way through Stall archetypes. While you do admit Healing Wish could be a good option on Latias to give Crawdaunt a second chance on breaking them, you could have given Latias Choice Scarf as well since Scarf Infernape poses a bit of problem to your team as well. Another issue in your team is that you need something to deal with Toxic Spikes; apparently, your team doesn't have hazard control; it's like you're recklessly driving (VoltTurning) without looking at any possible hazards on the road (Toxic Spikes), so extra thought must be addressed. Despite these shortcomings, your team shows promise, and such refinement would lead your team to greater heights. Great effort there.

TOTAL: 11.5 / 20

Euphonos

The winner of the previous episode, with a cumulative weighted average of 64.44%, goes to...

Chef explodingdaisies!

While Chef esche won the hearts of the highly esteemed Panel of Judges (which definitely comprises 60% of the criteria), Chef explodingdaisies edged out the competition by winning the hearts of the UU Community by being the most original (by virtue of Natural Gift Entei) and being the best-tasting dish as witnessed by the spectators.

The sixth episode will be up soon! I hope this episode would pump the participants up into something...

Euphonos

We have another DJ (this time, Italian) as a special guest for this episode; his breakthrough hit happens to be the title of the new secret ingredient! Please welcome...

BENNY BENASSI!
Marco "Benny" Benassi is an Italian DJ, record producer, and remixer. He started his career as a member of the Benassi Bros. electronica duo, whose track "Illusion" became very popular in the American club scene, finally peaking at number 4 on Hot Dance Club Play; following "Hit My Heart" peaked at 15. In 2003, Benassi released his first solo debut album, Hypnotica, which won the European Border Breakers Award. In 2008, he also won the Grammy Award for Best Remixed Recording at the 50th Grammy Awards for his remix of Public Enemy's Bring the Noise.

In 2009, Benassi entered the Top 100 DJs list from DJ Mag at #26, while in 2011 was rated #7 on DJ Poll Top 100 by DJ List web site.

[source]

Benny Benassi's single that brought him to popularity is the secret ingredient for this episode; you may now unveil the mystery domes!

. . . . . . .

SATISFACTION!

"Push me, and then just touch me, 'til I can get my satisfaction."

"Satisfaction" is a song by Italian record producer and DJ Benny Benassi. The song's vocals consist of two speech synthesizers, one male and one female, repeatedly saying the aforementioned line. This track was Benassi's debut single and most successful song, peaking at number 2 in the United Kingdom.

Participants are required to build a team featuring at least three Pokemon having at least three moves that can make contact, which is the gist of the secret ingredient for this episode. Apologies if you find this innuendo quite uncomfortable, but the Chairman can't think of other creative ways of dealing with contact moves.

Participants have until
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27, 9 AM GMT -4
to complete your dishes to be sent to the Chairman and to the fellow judges (pokemon sparrow, eht, and esche) via PM.

Allez, cuisine!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)