Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, what do you use??

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I know there are several different web browsers out there (the only two I know of are Internet Explorer and Firefox. So, which browser do you use and what are your reasons for using it??

I prefer Firefox because it's faster than other browsers. It also allows you to add things on which is cool.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I stopped using Internet Explorer when it inexplicably stopped functioning. And now that I finally use Firefox all the cool kids are using Chrome.

From what I've seen/read mainly with Secunia, I believe Chrome is the most secure browser. Vulnerabilities are found more often on IE/Fx than on Chrome afaik, and on IE a lot more than on Fx. Not sure about Opera though. However, I tend to press Alt accidentally, which is a pain on Chrome because instead of cancelling the Alt by pressing Alt again, it does something else that I've been too lazy to figure out. So I've stuck with Firefox (also history migration from IE + loyalty).

Firefox here. Last I tried Chrome didn't have a decent ad blocker. Also, I very strongly prefer having a separate search bar, it really comes into its own when I'm doing a string of searches on Wikipedia or any other website that's not Google.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I know this is kind of OT, but I recently discovered the joys of the F11 key on my keyboard. I was just sitting here typing, minding my own business, when all of a sudden my navigation bar disappears. I had no idea what had happened and it took me all day to fix this. Annoying little key.

Firefox here. Last I tried Chrome didn't have a decent ad blocker. Also, I very strongly prefer having a separate search bar, it really comes into its own when I'm doing a string of searches on Wikipedia or any other website that's not Google.
I don't think there is any big difference between the Chrome/FF version of adblock anymore (if there ever was a big difference).

I use Chrome and I love it. I tried going back to Firefox when the Firefox 4 beta hit, but I just don't like it aesthetically even with different themes.

I changed from Internet Explorer to Chrome on my laptop when Internet Explorer rendered a lot of games on a particular website unplayable because of a "sticky keys" bug (not the same sticky keys that you get by pressing SHIFT lots of times). There are a couple of things that IE did that Chrome doesn't and I wish it would, but I've not found myself wanting to switch back.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Chrome is pretty sexy, I like the simplicity, relatively quick loading (Firefox and friends load kinda slowly on my relatively aged machine), and the maximal screen-utilizing design. It does crash randomly at times, though, and Firefox is my more robust browser I go to when I have problems with Chrome.

I used Firefox after I switched off of IE 6 a while back. Definitely the best all-round browser, and what I would suggest for non tech savvy people.

But when Chrome's first open beta was released, I switched to that and stuck with it since. I prefer the minimalism and large viewing screen. The speed is fast, not only for the info it gathers, but it seems like Chrome takes less time to open and function on older computers as well. I really like the drag and drop function of Chrome's tabs. It runs more smoothly than Firefox's.

And cantab, I do believe there is a way to have the search bar on Chrome use key words to bring up a search for a particular website. I just have no clue how to do it, as I never did it on purpose. It's something like you would type the first couple characters of a website with a search function (like yout) and hit tab, and then search whatever. Then instead of searching Google, you would search YouTube.

At first I used to use I.E mainly, but then Firefox, then I stuck with Chrome, and I love it honestly (plus I kind of felt it was faster than firefox at least from my experience).

i used internet explorer then it didnt work. then i used firefox and my computer crashed.
now i use chrome and i really like it aand it has a so much smaller bookmarks bar and tabs. and it works really fast and good.

this should be a poll

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I use Firefox.

I love Opera and Chrome, but Firefox is far more extensible than those two, and I love my extensions (I have around a dozen right now, including indispensable ones like NoScript, Greasemonkey, InvisibleHand). It's also nice to swap themes now and then as easily as it lets you. I'd actually recommend that anyone who doesn't make use of Firefox's extensibility switch to Opera or Chrome, because they're arguably better browsers out of the box.

I use Chrome and Firefox, right now Chrome because I'm too lazy to transfer all my bookmarks/tabs back to Firefox. I use IE for quick searches because it doesn't save my tabs right now, plus loading up Chrome takes a little longer than I'd like for a quick check on something. When I finally get motivated enough to get my iTunes update, I'll probably use Opera though.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Opera on my computer constantly gets the fastest speeds, especially Opera 11. Speed dial is a god save (Chrome's speed dial is pretty bad. No key shortcuts or anything) and its design is pretty simple and nice. Nice little search bar, has its short cut that allows me to not save my logins, but instead, put a short cut into logging in etc etc. Love it.

I mostly use FireFox but ever since bing came out with their reward toolbar program, I'll search on Internet Explorer for points.

I use Firefox.

I love Opera and Chrome, but Firefox is far more extensible than those two, and I love my extensions (I have around a dozen right now, including indispensable ones like NoScript, Greasemonkey, InvisibleHand). It's also nice to swap themes now and then as easily as it lets you. I'd actually recommend that anyone who doesn't make use of Firefox's extensibility switch to Opera or Chrome, because they're arguably better browsers out of the box.
This. I've been using Firefox since I made the switch from IE years ago. Its extensibility, plus a slight reticence to change on my part, prevents me from even contemplating a switch to Chrome (I never particularly cared for Opera; Speed Dial is easily superseded by the Site Launcher extension for Firefox, and I find nothing about the browser very appealing).

Firefox starts up noticeably slower than Chrome for me and I've had crashing issues and malware attacks on Firefox but not on Chrome

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
I use Firefox, but mostly for commodity and that I've gotten used to it. Among some apps I like, notably AdBlockPlus, NoScript, and Rikai-chan.

Honestly, haven't ever had malware problems with ABP/NoScript. And the speed "differences" are most of the time, if not always, actually negligible to human's sensing.

So I don't bother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)