Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an Ethernet cable, but I do have an old wired desktop that runs XP. Could I download and install everything on that old computer and use the WiFi signal it transmits as a hotspot? Or does it still not work with XP?
You don't need to have a wired connection to your internet. I run Instacheck on my wifi-connected laptop. I wouldn't recommend trying it with XP, like Esmeya said, there hasn't been any luck.

Hello, i have some eggs (3018,798,2947) and i'm searching someone who can hatch one of them :)
FC : 0087-2704-9015
Btw, my TSV is 3509
Thanks

I personally don't think it's worth trying to run it on XP, the few people who came by who tried never had success, but you can surely try. Since you only need the Wi-Fi.
If no one else has had success with XP then I won't bother.
You don't need to have a wired connection to your internet. I run Instacheck on my wifi-connected laptop. I wouldn't recommend trying it with XP, like Esmeya said, there hasn't been any luck.
Screenshot, link bc idk how to spoiler tag

If I can just use WiFi from my laptop which this screenshot is a picture of, then all of this should work right? Or am I missing something?

If no one else has had success with XP then I won't bother.

Screenshot, link bc idk how to spoiler tag

If I can just use WiFi from my laptop which this screenshot is a picture of, then all of this should work right? Or am I missing something?
You need to set up the hotspot on your laptop. It won't work just through the home wifi. The hotspot creates an additional connection through your laptop...so, basically, your laptop connects to your router, and your DS will connect to your laptop through the virtual router/hotspot.

You need to set up the hotspot on your laptop. It won't work just through the home wifi. The hotspot creates an additional connection through your laptop...so, basically, your laptop connects to your router, and your DS will connect to your laptop through the virtual router/hotspot.
So I would follow steps 3-5 in the first post then?
(Sorry if im being a hassle or an idiot, but I really appreciate the help!)

So I would follow steps 3-5 in the first post then?
(Sorry if im being a hassle or an idiot, but I really appreciate the help!)
Yep, and 6. Your DS needs to connect to the virtual router, not your home wifi connection, so the hotspot info will have to be above the home wifi.

Im using a laptop connect through ethernet and im trying to connect to the internet from my 3ds
What shared connection should I be using, The only two that come up are "Ethernet" and "Wifi"

Im using a laptop connect through ethernet and im trying to connect to the internet from my 3ds
What shared connection should I be using, The only two that come up are "Ethernet" and "Wifi"
Have you setup a hotspot? It doesn't sound like you have. To run Instacheck, you need to setup a hotspot and connect your DS to that. It comes with a built in one. Please go through the tutorial in the first post of this topic.

Then there is an issue with the hotspot connection. Your DS should connect to the internet through your hotspot. Did you test the connection in your wifi settings on the DS?

Some things to try:
- Stop then restart the hotspot (I sometimes have to do this twice to get a good connection)
- Make sure you did Step 3 in the tutorial
- Allow sharing on your wifi network

Come back if you're still having trouble :)

For some reason I can only get it working 25% of the time. When it works it works great but I can't get it to work reliably. I get the hotspot to turn on and I connect to it with the DS, but when I turn on instacheck it doesn't read anything half the time. I've gotten it to work before and I try turning it on and off (both the network, instacheck, and the "start scanning" button) but it just feels like one of those old TV antennas where everything has to be just right.

Anyone have any ideas?

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
For some reason I can only get it working 25% of the time. When it works it works great but I can't get it to work reliably. I get the hotspot to turn on and I connect to it with the DS, but when I turn on instacheck it doesn't read anything half the time. I've gotten it to work before and I try turning it on and off (both the network, instacheck, and the "start scanning" button) but it just feels like one of those old TV antennas where everything has to be just right.

Anyone have any ideas?
Original or standalone instacheck? And yes it's basically fixing bunny ears for your grandpa so he can catch the baseball game 99% of the time.

Esmeya

Where do I go to allow sharing on my wifi network I have windows 8 by the way.
Control panel, network sharing center, change adapter/router settings.

EDIT

original instacheck. Maybe I should give standalone a try?
You're welcome to try, seems to have a higher rate of success than the original. I can use both just fine though. For the standalone you can use connectify to create a wireless hotspot for you.

Esmeya

I checked my active networks and for the hotspot it says the access type in No network access.
Allow it access through your firewall and/or disable/enable that connection OR diagnose your main connection so that it enables it, itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)