In Game 4th Gen. Team Looking For Some Positive Criticism

Just starting off. Not completely immersed in competitive battling yet, but I'm interested. Here is my team from Soul Silver (I am not interested in the 5th gen. pokemon).

• Electivire
Magnet Rise, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Thunder Wave
Ability: Motor Drive
HP:269
Attack:366
Defense:151
Sp. Atk:198
Sp. Def:181
Speed:287
Max EV Trained in speed and attack (besides 4ev points to HP)
Adamant Nature
Alert To Sounds
Item: Life Orb, Muscle Band...Idk???

I'm considering using this pokemon at the front of my team simply because with a decent speed and magnet rise it has no weaknesses. Also If a ground type pokemon is sent out, after being befuddled by magnet rise, I can use the super-effective Ice Punch. All attacks are relying on Electivire's high Attack stat, hence none of the more base powerful Thunder or Thunderbolt moves. As a personal favorite Thunder Wave, with it's 100% accuracy, can slow the opposing pokemon down to 25% of their maximum speed. With a well placed Thunder Wave and Magnet Rise I believe I can do reasonably well with Electivire (barring it's low defense stats).

• Typhlosion
Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Blast Burn
Ability: Blaze
HP:301
Attack:193
Defense:180
Sp. Atk:262
Sp. Def:196
Speed:319
Max EV Trained in speed and sp. attack.
Timid Nature
Quick To Flee
Item: Heat Rock

Typhlosion almost completely relys on it's speed stat to start a Sunny Day, and hopefully sustain it with the Heat Rock. Once Sunny Day is started things start to fall into place such as: powered up fire type moves, instant Solarbeam, and lower attack for water type moves if I'm not mistaken. The Solarbeam relys on Typhlosions speed to takeout any pesky water type pokemon, Flamethrower is a classic, and Blast Burn is a last resort when Typhlosion has low health, because of having to recharge the next turn. The suicidal Blast Burn also takes advantage of Typhlosions Blaze ability which ups fire type moves with lower health.
  • Absol
Sucker Punch, Night Slash, Swords Dance, Psycho Cut
Ability: Super Luck
HP:245
Attack:328
Defense:214
Sp. Atk:161
Sp. Def:132
Speed:168
Max EV trained in attack and defense
Bashful Natue
Capable Of Taking Hits
Item: Scope Lens

Absol takes advantage of many things, but the biggest of them being it's surprise factor. Most would underestimate this pokemon, yet it is a forced to be reckoned with because almost every attack it deals boosts critical hits..big deal right? Well multiply that chance x2 with it's Super Luck ability and then add 1 more point with it's Scope Lens. That's right....it has a whopping 50% chance to land critical hits(; If you're confused by why that's so great it's because normally there is a 6.25% chance of landing a critical hit. Btw Critical hits double your damage dealt. So lets imagine pokemon x fighting against Absol. Absol uses Night Slash and lands a critical hit. Let's do a little basic math 70 starting attack power multiplied by 2 because of STAB = 140. 140 multiplied by 2, because of the critical hit, ends with a base attack power of 280! Not to mention Absol's high attack stat or throwing in a few Swords Dance's on top of that. Absol also takes advantage of it's slow speed by using Sucker Punch to attack first against fast pokemon, and takes advantage of the super effective fighting type by using Psycho Cut(:

Machamp

Dynamic Punch, Earthquake, Payback, Stone Edge
Ability: No Guard
HP:306
Attack:383
Defense:187
Sp. Atk:140
Sp. Def:249
Speed:125
Max EV trained in sp. defense and attack
Adamant Nature
Hates To Lose
Item: Muscle Band...Idk???

Machamp is your average brute. With an incredible attack stat and all of it's attacks taking advantage of that stat. Dynamic Punch (base attack of 100) is multiplied by 2 with STAB and compliments Machamp's attack stat very well, it also causes confusion to the opponent pokemon.....to bad it only has 50% accuracy. Wait!!! Machamp's No Guard ability causes 100% accuracy to every move! Machamp also counters the super effective psychic and flying type pokemon with Payback and Stone Edge.
  • Blissey
Softboiled, Toxic, Minimize, Attract
Ability: Serene Grace
HP:676
Attack:29
Defense:140
Sp. Atk:388
Sp. Def:388
Speed:131
Max EV trained in HP and sp. defense (I know that was stupid cuz it's only weak to fighting):
Careful Nature
Often Dozes Off
Item: Bright Powder

Blissey has alot of things about it that make it a pokemon that you roll the dice with often. 1 being it's low defense (it's only weakness is fighting type attacks) 2 being that once the opponent pokemon is hit with the low accuracy Toxic attack it won't blow itself up with an explosion or just use a beloved Giga Impact etc. (Hopefully the opponent plays along and attacks and boosts itself as usual while Blissey sets up it's Minimize's to boost it's evasivness with the help of it's Bright Powder) 3 Being that the opponent might be a girl, therefore attract is completely useless. If the dice is rolled in Blissey's favor I believe it could really wreck some unprepared teams, on the other hand if the dice is rolled against it's favor than it could easily be the one being wrecked, not to mention a basic Lucario being this pokemons worst nightmare.
  • Starmie
    (This Pokemon is very open to criticism)
Reflect, Surf, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray
Ability: Illuminate (I know it's a worthless ability)
HP:230
Attack:155
Defense:180
Sp. Atk:285
Sp. Def:265
Speed:263
Tried to EV max in sp. attack, speed, and a little HP, but I think I overdid the HP.
Calm Nature
Somewhat Of A Clown
Item: I Have No Idea???

It's probably obvious I put the least effort into this pokemon. I chose it for it's high speed, special attack, and flexible moveset. The main issue is that it's moveset is almost too flexible and I won't always know what will work and what wont. I chose confuse ray because done right it can really piss off the opponent. Idk if I should use Reflect or Light Screen or just take both out all together. As with Ice Beam And Surf I obviously played it on the safe side with accuracy, but both attacks do fair damage as well. Honestly I just needed those Ice Beam and Surf on a fast hard hitter and Starmie is what I wound up with.

Thankyou for taking the time to look over my team. please post your comments and criticism. I would appreciate giving serious advice and criticim on Starmie's moveset and the items of my team. I would also enjoy a "You did this right and this wrong". Thankyou very much for your advice :)

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
First, you need descriptions of what the Pokemon does.

Second, I believe you aren't supposed to be posting in-game teams here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)