How to fix my sun team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and competitive battling in general, i'm trying to build a sun team centered aroumd ZardY. Can someone suggest some offensive or defensive partners for a core? For now i'm using these pokes

CharizardY
Item: Charizardite y
Trait: Drought Nature: Modest
Evs: 92hp 4Def 212SpA 44SpD 156Spe

Moveset:
Heatwave
Solarbeam
Protect
Roost/Air slash

With the given EV spread, Charizard hits harder and is more bulky, only at the cost of speed. 156 EVs allow to outpace the modest Modest RotomW against which i found some problems as well as smeargle. i found this charizard searching on the web, so i don't the credits for having invented it, but it seems to work better than the classic 252 252 4 evs spread i used before. I paired him with Venusar bcs thay have good offensive sinergy, since venusar's giga drain is enough to scare water pokemon out of the battlefield.
This is the set

Venusaur
Item: Black Sludge
Nature: Modest Trait: Clorophyl
Evs:228hp 4Def 252SpA 4SpD 20Spe

Moveset:
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Protect/Growth

the 20spe evs are to outspeed Mega Manectric and put it to sleep, otherwise it would be hard for me to kill it, I found venusaur to be good with Char bcs of their offensive synergy, he covers some of char counters/check like azumarill, kingdra, tyranitar and politoed, also providing support with sleep powder

Now this is core is pretty weak to Garchomp(not weak to grass and fire) and Talonflame(can outright kill venusaur with priority brave bird), i was thinking of a Scarf MIxMence to complete the core

Salamence
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest Trait: Intimidate
Evs: 4Hp 4Def 244SpA 4SpD 252Spe
MoveSet:
Rock Slide
Dragonpulse
Fireblast
???

Now Rock Slide is the crux of this set, since i can just take the hit from talonflame and ko back with it, dragonpulse checks garchomp, while fireblast is just to take advantages of the sun, i don't know what to put in the last slot but i was thinking about earhquake since charY is immune to ground moves
I apologize if i've made some grammar mistakes, i'm not an english native speaker, also i need some advice to complete the team, as u can see i only have 3 pokemon and i need 3 more. any tips?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
This isn't the proper place to post such a thread; if you want help with a team, you should post it in the Rate My Team subforum. However, before posting a team there, it must have been pretty rigorously tested on the ladder and be a full team, so I wouldn't go posting this there yet.

If you want advice on how to use Charizard Y, let me shamelessly plug the smog article i wrote about it. You can also read the WIP analysis.

As for advice for your team, one thing i will say is that Scarf Rock Slide mence is a set that is much more effective in VGC14 than Smogon Doubles, and I would try replacing that with another Dragon-type, probably Garchomp. Another is that Fire Blast is a better option for Charizard-Y than either Roost or Air Slash. Good luck fleshing out your team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)